BAD25 | Charts & Sales History

I've been looking for the Canadian charts on Bad 25 and still nothing. I'm starting to distrust the Canadian charts. Yeah I can't trust Canadian charts anymore. They never bother to have Bad 25 on the charts. That really pisses me off.

Some chart positions so far, updates in bold

Australia #14
Austria #10
Belgium FL #31 - 16
Belgium WA #15 - 7
Denmark #36
Finland #27
France #5 - 24
Germany #4
Hungary #19
Ireland #19 - 37
Italy#1
Japan #10 - 24
Netherlands #6 - 22
Norway #20
Poland #12
Spain #2 - 9
Sweden #14
Switzerland #13 - 31
UK #6 - 38
US standard #23
deluxe #46

Drops in the second week were to be expected, but it's really nice that it's still in the top 10 in Spain. And it reached new chart peaks in its second week in Belgium.

O/T - Re belgium, I knew there were tensions between the flemish and the walloons, but didn't think it went as far as them having to have 2 separate music charts.

In the uk music dvd chart mj is down to no 6 from 2 - below one direction, i apologise on behalf of the uk. I'm wondering if the official chart co are just counting the standalone sales and not including the deluxe black box as one dvd unit.

• USA:
    • regular / SE (2001): #52 (-29) (97th week)
    • 25th Anniversary Edition: #176 (-130) (2nd week)
  • Germany: #35 (-31) (2nd week)
  • UK: #38 (-32) (2nd week)
  • France: #24 (-19) (3986 copies, -67%) (2nd week)

Last edited:
  • USA:
    • regular / SE (2001): #52 (-29) (97th week)
    • 25th Anniversary Edition: #176 (-130) (2nd week)
  • UK: #38 (-32) (2nd week)
  • France: #24 (-19) (3986 copies, -67%) (2nd week)

Weak.

Its didnt fail its loved by everyone who purched it :) Plus it doing quite well for a re-release.

Don't think so. To be honest the release is lacking a lot of publicity in certain countries, like for example in Holland.

And I don't blame the public for not buying it either. They are fed up with re-releases. Besides, the BAD tour DVD isn't a Bluray release. I think it's a waist.

Now that's BAD.

To be expected that this would drop down the charts rapidly in the 2nd week. The fans who knew about the release would have bought it in the first few days. Beyond that, not many people know about it.

The only promotion I've seen here in the UK is a few posters in train stations on the London Underground. Other than that I haven't seen any TV ads, magazine/newspaper ads, radio ads etc. Nothing. Very hard to get a 25 year old album and a live DVD to sell if no one beyond the hardcore fan base know about it.

I wonder what will now happen to the 2001 Special Edition after the Bad 25 promotion is over. Will they go back to it or back to the 1988 version?

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/week-ending-sept-30-2012-albums-mumfordmania-013219277.html

Michael Jackson's 1987 album Bad drops from #23 to #52 in its 97th week on the chart. This is its second straight week at #1 on Top Catalog Albums. The 25th anniversary edition, Bad 25, which is listed separately, plummets from #46 to #176 in its second week.

In other news...
Mumford & Sons' sophomore album Babel sold 600K copies in its first week, which is the biggest first-week total by any album since Drake's Take Care sold 631K in its first week in November. Babel sold more copies than the next seven albums on The Billboard 200 combined. That's especially impressive because those seven albums include new releases by such heavyweight acts as Green Day and No Doubt.

This is REALLY heartbreaking. Did people just forget about Michael or something?

Artists have always relied heavily on their fans to help promote their work and that includes Michael. Positive comments and reviews from real people can have as big of an impact as corporate ad campaigns. People usually don't trust ads, but will and do trust comments and reviews from other people. Pro- active Fans have the power to promote an artist's album to success and build their fan bases. Posting our praise here is all well and good but we need to take it out to other social networks and place our reviews and praises on the website articles on MJ's youtube channel, on Amazon product reviews etc. etc. Use FB and Twitter and what other other social networks are available to us to get the word out. Before we complain we need to make sure we have done our part as Michael's fans to support and promote #BAD25 for his musical Legacy.

Please dont be discouraged and Don't give up if sales seem slow .. We can make this rise again like the phoenix.
The Holidays are a great time to give praise and reviews for BAD 25 and suggest its as gifts for our families friends and children. Promote is as the gift that keeps on giving beautiful music to their ears something they can treasure for a long time. Write praises of how great the unreleased songs are just as we do on our fanboards. Buy extras yourself as gifts and even if your fam or friends are not so called fans they will change their tune after listening to Michael's great music, positive messages and beautiful ballads. Also Every year near Halloween Michael Thriller rises in the charts and articles are written about it. People gain interest. That would be a good time to also suggest BAD25 to add to their collection on these articles and on Michael's Thriller videos.

I love pro-active fans - We can do this .. Let's try to do all we can to celebrate support and promote Michael's BAD 25th Anniversary.

This is REALLY heartbreaking. Did people just forget about Michael or something?

No, that's just the reality of a posthumus re-release of an album that had a surge in its sales only three years ago. The chart history of this album is not over though, it will rise again IMO when the Spike Lee docu will be aired.

If you look at the regular edition, why should people buy it? the second cd has material ,none fans don't care.

where the deluxe edition has very good reason to be purchased, the live cd. also the bonus dvd and because is very good package.

I'm confused now, do the sales of deluxe count in these charts or separately to the 2cd version?

and i think if we see the sales and chart positions of the regular, deluxe and the dvd combined together, actually is doing pretty well.

The way I understand it is ...
USA Billboard counts double CD which is the BAD anniversary album toward BAD chart
The deluxe and packages with extras goes toward BAD25 chart.
I think they may count all DVDs becuase its doing so well

Most other countries just count all BAD25 sales together in their charts
with DVD charted seperate

Why all this negative and disappointing attitude?
It's a re release anyway. Nobody forgets nobody just because of sales.
Can't we stop complaining and enjoy this BAD 25 package?
After 2009, some fans don't seem to get satisfied by anything.
We should be grateful that there are releases of demos and unreleased material and concert dvds because there will be a time when we will be begging for anything Michael related and we won't get a thing!
So, enjoy yourselves and stop being concerned about the general public!

If sales were combined, Bad25 would have been in the US Billboards top 10 last week. Anyways, as I said earlier, if it was value over volume, I'm sure Bad25 performed much better than some of the newly released albums that charted high.

Artists have always relied heavily on their fans to help promote their work and that includes Michael. Positive comments and reviews from real people can have as big of an impact as corporate ad campaigns. People usually don't trust ads, but will and do trust comments and reviews from other people. Pro- active Fans have the power to promote an artist's album to success and build their fan bases. Posting our praise here is all well and good but we need to take it out to other social networks and place our reviews and praises on the website articles on MJ's youtube channel, on Amazon product reviews etc. etc. Use FB and Twitter and what other other social networks are available to us to get the word out. Before we complain we need to make sure we have done our part as Michael's fans to support and promote #BAD25 for his musical Legacy.

Please dont be discouraged and Don't give up if sales seem slow .. We can make this rise again like the phoenix.
The Holidays are a great time to give praise and reviews for BAD 25 and suggest its as gifts for our families friends and children. Promote is as the gift that keeps on giving beautiful music to their ears something they can treasure for a long time. Write praises of how great the unreleased songs are just as we do on our fanboards. Buy extras yourself as gifts and even if your fam or friends are not so called fans they will change their tune after listening to Michael's great music, positive messages and beautiful ballads. Also Every year near Halloween Michael Thriller rises in the charts and articles are written about it. People gain interest. That would be a good time to also suggest BAD25 to add to their collection on these articles and on Michael's Thriller videos.

I love pro-active fans - We can do this .. Let's try to do all we can to celebrate support and promote Michael's BAD 25th Anniversary.

Hi, I am a new member. I live in Taiwan.
I totally agree with qbee. We all can do something to promote BAD 25.
Last October I bought 20 copies of Invincible album to support the 10th anniversary of Invincible, and gave the 20 copies to my students as Christmas gift. I am not rich, but I am willing to do my best to support Michael. None of my students are Michael fans (they are in their 20's and didn't know much about Michael's music). But after listening to Invincible, some of them told me that they like the album. I am going to do the same for BAD 25 this year. I think I may turn some of them into fans if I keep feeding them with Michael's great music. :)

When Michael died didn't his album sales after his death was like 30 million worldwide? I am sorry if that might not be the right number but I remember hearing something like that. That was just 2-3 years ago. A lot of people got Bad. The dvd is doing well and hopefully after Spike's documentary it will help. I want the documentary to do well too.

Bottom line, if the Estate had got Bad 25 into theatres worldwide, the Bad 25 album would have gone to number one in multiple countries and stayed on the charts until Christmas.

We all knew at the time, when we realised Bad 25 WOULDN'T be shown in the theatres, that they had made a massive mistake.

Similarly, sales of the DVD would have done far better than they will do come February, had this been the case.

It doesn't make any sense that this didn't happen. Several music documentaries have gone worldwide in cinemas.

Is the docu still going to be released in february or earlier?
Best thing is to release it week after tv premiere in nivember. That way could catch thr holiday shopings that are coming.

The doc should be released before the christmas sale. And when the doc is released they should start promote BAD25!

Don't think so. To be honest the release is lacking a lot of publicity in certain countries, like for example in Holland.

And I don't blame the public for not buying it either. They are fed up with re-releases. Besides, the BAD tour DVD isn't a Bluray release. I think it's a waist.

Now that's BAD.

We cant expect them to pay for promotion in every country for a rerelease album. That is unreasonable and would not be worth the cost.
But they are taking full advantage of the INTERNET and mainstream TV shows. The Pepsi tribute reached millions. Plus the Spike lee Documentary alone has given a lot of promotion for BAD25. Anyone who is a music fan and visits music sites has seen it advertised and the many reviews and articles posted on all mainsream entertainement and music websites. Adds are all over youtube music videos. not just MJ vids. I would say now days 80% of promotion for artists is done over the interenet.

As far as the DVD being a waste, I respect you personal feelings that it is a waste for you. but That doesnt mean it is a waste for all or the majority of MJ fans who purchased it. They state how much they love and are raving about the Wembley DVD. Its now # ONE world wide. Plus Informed fans including you knew way in advance the DVD would Not be Bluray or HD. No one was expected it to be.

Whizzle Im Sorry :( you are disapointed and cant appreciate it-

Now that's SAD

Re: Statement From the Estate Of Michael Jackson - Re: Vanity Fair Article

Is the Wembley Concert really the No. 1 selling DVD in the world already??
It seems to have reached that position a bit too quick, keeping in mind it was released less than a month ago.
I'm just wondering....

BAD25 is such a wonderful release.

I have not heard anyone who have bought it complaint about it. - Fans love the release.

The new songs, the Live CD and of course the Wembley DVD - What's not to like???

I agree it could have been promoted more. - A LOT MORE !!

But still - I love the release and I think anyone who has bought it agrees that it is an amazing release!

So lets enjoy the release and be happy about BAD25 - rather than being sad and disappointed about chart positions.

Re: Statement From the Estate Of Michael Jackson - Re: Vanity Fair Article

Is the Wembley Concert really the No. 1 selling DVD in the world already??
It seems to have reached that position a bit too quick, keeping in mind it was released less than a month ago.
I'm just wondering....

No it's not the biggest selling DVD in the world ever in history. It's not even the biggest selling DVD last week (or this week) - loads of films have sold more worldwide than BAD25 in the past couple of weeks. I believe they meant to say is "it's the biggest selling music DVD over the past week or two" but they put a high degree of spin on it.

O/T - Re belgium, I knew there were tensions between the flemish and the walloons, but didn't think it went as far as them having to have 2 separate music charts.

In the uk music dvd chart mj is down to no 6 from 2 - below one direction, i apologise on behalf of the uk. I'm wondering if the official chart co are just counting the standalone sales and not including the deluxe black box as one dvd unit.

Small info about the Belgium charts, there are indeed tensions, it allmost feels like two seperate countries with a dutch side and a french side trying desperatly to work together.. but on one side no one speaks dutch, on the other side at least they ry to speak french, but not very well... so it's allmost just normal to have two charts because on the french side you will never hear a dutch song played, and we on the flemish side don't really know any french artists .. cause they don't get played. So we have charts with our songs and they got theirs, sounds bad doesn't it :p.

Back