BAD25 | Charts & Sales History

I read on another forum that HDD isn't counting Bad25 sales. I don't know how reliable that information is, but if it's true, that would actually be a relief because we wouldn't have to worry about it not being on the top 50. HDD numbers are not official anyway, so we'd just have to wait until Thursday for Billboard's official charts.

Although I wonder why HDD wouldn't count Bad25. Maybe because they only count sales from certain retailers and many people bought their Bad25 copy from somewhere else, like the mj.com store? I don't know, but if Bad isn't in the top50 when they next update the list that has to mean that HDD for some reason isn't counting it - there's no way Bad wouldn't make it to the top 50.

There's no way this would not be in the Top 50 IMO. Heck, even something like LMP's album (about which only her hard core fans care) was Nr 24 or something like that. Do we think she has more fans than Michael? There is simply no way Bad 25 would not make it into the Top 50. Unless it isn't in the stores (or in the particular stores where HDD get their data from) and people can't buy it. In this case heads must roll somewhere IMO.

@respect77
yes, therefore I had bad feelings ... nevertheless, many "old" fans rather go to the stores to get their Box-Set. ?

Being #4 in Germany is great! Isn't Germany like the third biggest music market, after USA and Japan? It's great that Bad has done so well in the big markets like UK, Japan and now Germany!

That's great! A LOT better than Amazon sales suggested (it was usuall around Nr 30 at Amazon.de)!

I thought it was doing real bad (no pun) in Germany because of the Amazon charts. These charts are misleading..

#4 Germany
#6 UK
#6 Netherlands
#10 Japan
#14 Sweden
#15 Belgium WA
#19 Ireland
#19 Taiwan
#27 Finland
#31 Belgium FL

I'm happy with the chart positions so far. Making it into the top 10 is amazing, especially considering it's a re-release of a deceased artist's 25 year old album that a lot of people already have. It seems like Bad has charted better in the big markets, and less well in smaller countries. But I'm not worried about it not charting that well in smaller countries, because smaller markets are affected the most by the supply problems. For example here in my country Bad25 is still not available in stores, so you can't expect it to chart very high when the only sales come from preorders from online stores.

I'm especially happy about it being so successful in Japan - I think they did a lot of promo there, so it's nice to see it worked! And a top 5 debut in Germany is amazing!

I think we won't have a "Dangerous 25" or "HIStory 25", unless The Estate signs another big contract (e.g. Pepsi) to promote them. Re-releases seem to be way less successful than compilations like "Michael".

Last edited:
^^ They have 4 years to start putting plans for Dangerous 25 in place.
I won't take no for answer:)

Spike needs to start doing his documentary for Dangerous time, Sony needs to start hiring staff to remaster the songs and concert, the estate and Sony need to get the best people in business to handle the marketing and advertising (I myself volunteer to take the job, but I need an access to Michael's vaults:)), when all the goodies are ready to roll out,Sony needs to check that they have enough MJ stuff in their stock so there is no shortage at any country.
That is my short action plan:D

Dangerous25 has to be released like BAD25!

Disc 1 - The original album re-mastered
Disc 2 - Some of the outtakes from Dangerous we already have AND 6 new songs and 3-4 remix with popular artists.
Disc 3 - A Dangerous Live concert CD
Disc 4 (DVD) - A NEW Dangerous Concert - NOT the Bucharest we already have!!

That would be great!!

Memefan;3714861 said:
I thought it was doing real bad (no pun) in Germany because of the Amazon charts. These charts are misleading..

I had also my doubts but I have to say I think Amazon was the most important seller in Germany. On relevant market like Media Markt, Saturn it is only 14 and in Müller Markt only 20 on the weekly charts. I think a reason therefore is that that the display of the album wasn`t good and they didn`t have much in the markets. In most cases the weekly charts of this market are compatible with the official chart. So the pre-sales of Amazon must be really good. And I have to say the Amazon-charts were for a longer time on 11/12 and it dropped after the release.

I don`t know how important is the shop of MichaelJackson.com and I doubt that it even counts for the charts to buy in a foreign country. So all the bags the German fans bought are likley not counted for the charts.

Wembley enterd also on 64 the album-charts in Germany so it likley will be number 1 on the music-dvd-charts.

Last edited:
Any sales from Michaeljackson.com (SONY) are counted for the charts no matter what country you purchased them from.
They above anyone are going to make sure every sale is counted.

Disc 2 - Some of the outtakes from Dangerous we already have AND 6 new songs and 3-4 remix with popular artists.

That would be great!!

Monza or Munich!

^^ They have 4 years to start putting plans for Dangerous 25 in place.
I won't take no for answer:)

Spike needs to start doing his documentary for Dangerous time, Sony needs to start hiring staff to remaster the songs and concert, the estate and Sony need to get the best people in business to handle the marketing and advertising (I myself volunteer to take the job, but I need an access to Michael's vaults:)), when all the goodies are ready to roll out,Sony needs to check that they have enough MJ stuff in their stock so there is no shortage at any country.
That is my short action plan:D

I'm still a bit depressed that they didn't do the exact same thing for Bad 25!

Only maybe! Certainly not if they are anything like the T25 or the B25 remixes.

HDD building Chart is final and I can't fing BAD 25 on there? Anyone else want to check...I don't trust my eyes

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

I KNOW BAD25 sold more than 7000 copies.

I am about to have a heart attack if someone don't explain why MJ is not on the list.

What is this? The official top 50 best sellers in the USA? Because on this list Bad 25 is Nr. 10 having sold 29.155 copies.

HDD building Chart is final and I can't fing BAD 25 on there? Anyone else want to check...I don't trust my eyes

I am about to have a heart attack if someone don't explain why MJ is not on the list.

Ok Heart attack avoided.

But how did it go from Sony's 140K projection to 29K ?? Maybe we should wait for Billboard tomorrow.

It's Number 10

are we looking to the same thing?

2vbmyo4.jpg

Just 30,000 copies? This makes no sense to me...

How did Immortal sell more than this?

Didn't this list omit some sources such as the online sales? Perhaps that's why the number is low, no?

I think that's good for a 25 year old album, when the performer is no longer here.. Sales are not what they used to be not even in 2008 when Thriller 25 was released. Look at the charts. The #1 album only sold over 200,000 copies. Years ago that would've been terrible first week sales. The music industry has changed and big sales are no longer unless you're a rapper. The big albums usually debut big the first week and drop like a rock the next.

Sony's initial estimation was way overly optimistic it seems and created high, unrealistic expectations. I don't think we should be all that surprised, this is for the fans, the package is too expensive for the general public. I would say making the top 10 is pretty decent.

I am happy that it's in the top 10.. The album is 25 years old and sales are not all that good across the board. Michael outsold some brand new albums and albums that recently came out. I think it's great!

Back