BAD25 - designated Discussion Thread

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

hahaha....nope not exactly....I was born in 1967 :ciao:...been an MJ fan since 1972.....just me and only me ...my mom never listened to any Michael other than Rockin Robin record she had...otherwise...I discovered him all on my own...I played the Rockin Robin record to death...so much that it cracked in half...:LMAO: Yup I also remember when I didnt have a vhs tape handy..i would record Michael on a cassette tape ...then I would listen to it on my walkman...LOL....wooooo.....they days when all this was easy.....and we took what we had and put Michael on it...vhs....cassette.....no matter what it was..if we could get Michael on it ..we did....:bow:

Wow cool man :)

I was born in 1976, but started to listen to MJ very early. And I remember when I heard MJ's Don't Stop Till You Get Enough song on TV for the first time, I didn't even have a video recorder. I put the radio-cassette's mic against the loudspeaker of the old TV set (black and white looool) in order to rip it off from TV looooooooooool :rofl: Can you imagine THAT quality of "DSTYGE" on my tape which before that had recorded many other songs. Now THAT was crap quality :rofl:

if they do so, i would get very angry.. i hope they are smart enough not to do so..

Unfortunately, they did something similar with "Michael Jackson's Vision." All 42 short films were "modernized" for widescreen televisions (read: the 4:3 videos were pillar boxed and the 16:9 videos zoomed in). The end result wasn't pretty.

Hopefully they've learned from that mistake.

Any song that will be removed will be a terrible loss on the Live CD.

But since not all can be there HH is not even a MJ song. - But then again, I would never remove J5 medley...

If they cut too much from the CD, you could always just rip the audio from the DVD and do that.
Thats how I have my Yokohama, Rome, and Tokyo MP3s :)

They are not cutting the concert - they will show it in FULL just as it is recorded on Michael's personal VHS Tape.
That has been stated in the announcement and on the product page for the DVD . Its will be intact.

We are referring to the audio CD with the live tracks. The whole show isn't going to fit on 1 cd.

They are not cutting the concert - they will show it in FULL just as it is recorded on Michael's personal VHS Tape.
That has been stated in the announcement and on the product page for the DVD . Its will be intact.

Also For those asking why teh estate estate doesnt have BAD Tour footage. They didnt state anything like that.
They stated this is this is the only footage they have right now of the Royal Family performance on the 16th that
Fans requested. Not that they dont have any footage of other Wembley shows or other Bad concerts.

Well, if that's true, I'd be very disappointed at the Estate, 'cause MJ in HQ comes 1000x first then Diana, just saying...

Well, if that's true, I'd be very disappointed at the Estate, 'cause MJ in HQ comes 1000x first then Diana, just saying...

Ya rly. Fans I think wanted Wembley. Not Princess Di Wembley, lool

Wow cool man :)

I was born in 1976, but started to listen to MJ very early. And I remember when I heard MJ's Don't Stop Till You Get Enough song on TV for the first time, I didn't even have a video recorder. I put the radio-cassette's mic against the loudspeaker of the old TV set (black and white looool) in order to rip it off from TV looooooooooool :rofl: Can you imagine THAT quality of "DSTYGE" on my tape which before that had recorded many other songs. Now THAT was crap quality :rofl:

wow...the things we did to get MJ recorded...:clapping: ...I dont see how people cant see the magic...I guess us MJ fans are the lucky ones...we KNOW what a genious and a miracle MJ was....I just feel bad those that just ..."didn't get it". I love the part of your story about the black and white tv....priceless....and I can sooooo relate....thanks for sharing this...it is good to know that I am not alone...:)

wow...the things we did to get MJ recorded...:clapping: ...I dont see how people cant see the magic...I guess us MJ fans are the lucky ones...we KNOW what a genious and a miracle MJ was....I just feel bad those that just ..."didn't get it". I love the part of your story about the black and white tv....priceless....and I can sooooo relate....thanks for sharing this...it is good to know that I am not alone...:)

Well I feel less alone now too :D

Oh, and do you know how I had my Moonwalker soundtrack? :D

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
  2. This Place Hotel
  3. Another Part of Me
  4. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
  5. She's Out of My Life
  6. I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There
  7. Rock With You
  8. Human Nature
  9. Smooth Criminal
  10. Dirty Diana
  11. Thriller
  12. Bad Groove
  13. Workin' Day and Night
  14. Beat It
  15. Billie Jean
  16. Bad
  17. Encore:
  18. Man in the Mirror

For me they might delete the red ones.... to get it fit on the CD

We are referring to the audio CD with the live tracks. The whole show isn't going to fit on 1 cd.

Yes, it can. If I'm right, seventeen songs? That's just one more than 'Invincible' has. Of course, it depends on how large the files are. I have a two-and-a-half hr concert on one CD in HQ.

since its going to be single disc dvd, i prefer to have lpcm track over extra material. maybe 10-15min of extra, ok, but the audio should be lossless stereo like dangetous tour dvd. 5.1 mix could be nice too and fit also.

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
  2. This Place Hotel
  3. Another Part of Me
  4. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
  5. She's Out of My Life
  6. I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There
  7. Rock With You
  8. Human Nature
  9. Smooth Criminal
  10. Dirty Diana
  11. Thriller
  12. Bad Groove
  13. Workin' Day and Night
  14. Beat It
  15. Billie Jean
  16. Bad
  17. Encore:
  18. Man in the Mirror

They'll probably just cut out the bad groove and chop of little parts of the other tracks. Then they might just be able to squeeze it on at a push, most of those tracks are only 4 min jobs.

I understand Of course we want the Best. And We all have our own opinions, needs and wants as far as this DVD goes.
It has nothign to do with Diana . Many Fans requested that concert for the performances.. They dont care care about whether Diana was sitting there or not._ they want that footage. Im certain we will get it in the BEST quality the Estate can offer.

Most fans will be very happy to get that concert on DVD and are not going to nit pic if its not bluray quality. I understand the limitations with this VHS footage and still want it as do many others. Plus the fact it is Michael's personla VHS makes it even more appealing. He must of liked that show. Im sure they will do more Concerts DVD's in the future for us becuase they know there is a huge demand now for that from the fans. I think it will only get better.

please share....:phone:

I forced my cousin who's of your age and who was into heavy metal to let me use his VCR so that I could play Moonwalker and record:

-Man In The Mirror Live
-Retrospective
-Badder
-Leave me alone (back then BAD had only 10 tracks)
-Smooth Criminal video version
-Come Together
-The Moon Is Walking (such an underrated and misunderstood song, it's beautiful!)

The TV was in color, but I had to use more or less the same procedure. So I put everything on a tape and made the cover myself. 25 years later I still have all that stuff despite the fact that war hit my country from 1992 to 1995. It survived :)

p.s. I am actually happy I didn't have youtube back then. Now that I know what it is like to be without youtube and with youtube, I see that I would have missed all the magic if I had had the youtube back then. Or Internet in general.

Yes, it can. If I'm right, seventeen songs? That's just one more than 'Invincible' has. Of course, it depends on how large the files are. I have a two-and-a-half hr concert on one CD in HQ.

lolololol (sorry, i just had to laugh at this cute comment)

It's irrelevant of how many songs there are or file size in the case of standard AUDIO CDs.

80 minutes is the max.

I forced my cousin who's of your age and who was into heavy metal to let me use his VCR so that I could play Moonwalker and record:

-Man In The Mirror Live
-Retrospective
-Badder
-Leave me alone (back then BAD had only 10 tracks)
-Smooth Criminal video version
-Come Together
-The Moon Is Walking (such an underrated and misunderstood song, it's beautiful!)

The TV was in color, but I had to use more or less the same procedure. So I put everything on a tape and made the cover myself. 25 years later I still have all that stuff despite the fact that war hit my country from 1992 to 1995. It survived :)

p.s. I am actually happy I didn't have youtube back then. Now that I know what it is like to be without youtube and with youtube, I see that I would have missed all the magic if I had had the youtube back then. Or Internet in general.
wow that is an AMAZING story...and I am SOOO glad that your tape survived....that their is a miracle in itself..:hug:. I know what you mean about youtube. Its funny because I didn't even get to see the Thriller video until i was 15 we didnt have cable..so I had to wait until my step dad would get it for me from the video store....as a matter of fact what happened was ,,,if you rented 2 movies you got the 3rd one free.....and I through such a fit for him to rent that video for me that he finally did.....and man oh man....when i put that tape in the vcr...the magic began....I remember sitting in front of that tv on a hot summer June night watching Thriller over and over and over....they had to tell me after about 3 hours that it was late and that i had to turn it off and go to sleep. You are right with todays technology alot of the magic is sometimes lost...but I guess we have to move with the times and just be prepared for what it is comes up next..:)

lolololol (sorry, i just had to laugh at this cute comment)

It's irrelevant of how many songs there are or file size in the case of standard AUDIO CDs.

80 minutes is the max.

Unless they use double surface of the CD the way they did with the DVD History II.

It has nothign to do with Diana . Fans requested that concert on the 16th for the performances.. They dont care care about whether Diana is was sitting there or not._ they want that footage from that night and Im certain we will get it in the BEST quality the Estate can offer.

Fans wanted Wembley. Show me where they said specifically the 16th plz thx. :D

They'll probably just cut out the bad groove and chop of little parts of the other tracks. Then they might just be able to squeeze it on at a push, most of those tracks are only 4 min jobs.

Of course BAD GROOVE is being cut. Never in a million years would that end up on a live album :)

Human Nature

Guuurl, they would totally leave Human Nature

Unless they use double surface of the CD the way they did with the DVD History II.

They won't. The double sided disc was basically a novelty thing years ago.
It wasn't even really necessary for History Vol. 2. It could have all fit on the same side.

Madonnas CONFESSIONS TOUR and STICKY AND SWEET TOUR dvds had live albums, and they made cuts to the CD as well.

And even the press release says something on the lines of selections or something from the show.

wow that is an AMAZING story...and I am SOOO glad that your tape survived....that their is a miracle in itself..:hug:. I know what you mean about youtube. Its funny because I didn't even get to see the Thriller video until i was 15 we didnt have cable..so I had to wait until my step dad would get it for me from the video store....as a matter of fact what happened was ,,,if you rented 2 movies you got the 3rd one free.....and I through such a fit for him to rent that video for me that he finally did.....and man oh man....when i put that tape in the vcr...the magic began....I remember sitting in front of that tv on a hot summer June night watching Thriller over and over and over....they had to tell me after about 3 hours that it was late and that i had to turn it off and go to sleep. You are right with todays technology alot of the magic is sometimes lost...but I guess we have to move with the times and just be prepared for what it is comes up next..:)

Thriller was awesome! The first time I saw it was precisely at midnight on MTV in 1988. I was 12 years old.

Now regarding the times and moving on with it, I'd like to, but if the Estate releases a VHS quality on DVD in the Blu-Ray and 3-D technology era, I can't help but project myself into the past :D That's why I said, it's an upside down situation. It's almost as if on Youtube can find better things than where it should be -- in the hands of the officials. They seem to possess close to nothing which is an absurd situation.

Amazon has Bad 25 anniversary items for pre-order

3 CD / 1 DVD Anniversary Edition $34.99

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-25th-Anniversary-Edition-Deluxe/dp/B0084I9QI2

Picture Vinyl $16.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0084I9QLY

Bad 25 - 2 CD - $12.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0084I9QFU

Wembley DVD - $13.98 list price / currently $9.79

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jackson-Live-Wembley-7-16-1998/dp/B0084I9QIW

IJCSLY Vinyl Single - $11.14

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Cant-Stop-Loving-You/dp/B0080R7O7W

IJCSLY Import CD Single - $12.44

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Cant-Stop-Loving-You/dp/B0080JE49Q

Just thought of something. Go look at The Twilight Zone recent releases, a show that was filmed in the late '50s/early '60s. It was filmed with cameras that were not up to standards with the cameras Michael filmed the Wembley show in. It was remastered for current releases and looks fantastic! (Minus the bassy audio, which was slightly improved in current releases). Not sure if that is the exact case -- the original masters were used for TTZ rather than a VHS tape -- but still.

TTZ was filmed with actual B&W film cameras which can pretty much match today's cameras, resolution-wise. I am not sure if Wembley was filmed with film or not but color camera's from the 80s were not as good as B&W camera's from the 60s.

YESS thank Ivy for looking out for the Amazon deals!!! Now those prices looks REALLY nice lol.

Ivy will I be able to purchase this at Walmart...or will this only be available online? Thank you in advance..:)

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Ivy will I be able to purchase this at Walmart...or will this only be available online? Thank you in advance..:)

you'll be able to buy it in stores.

IJCSLY CD single will probably be cheaper at Walmart as they are exclusive retailer for USA. Amazon is importing it from another country.

[youtube]qLBeRLO1Jgw[/youtube]

you'll be able to buy it in stores.

IJCSLY CD single will probably be cheaper at Walmart as they are exclusive retailer for USA. Amazon is importing it from another country.

well that is good news there is a Walmart 10 minutes from my house...thank you for answering...:)......I am SOOOOO excited.....:)

Back