BAD25 - designated Discussion Thread

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

People haven't made a final determination of quality based on just the YT clip. We have also read the official release saying the source of the DVD is a VHS tape. Hence, people have concern about video quality. As we all know, a transfer from a film negative is optimal, from VHS tape, less so. Our concerns are not pure assumptions.

I understand the source is from a VHS tape. I understand the concern. All I said was that we can only wait and see when it comes out the quality of the dvd. I understand what is going on.

I hope they'll remove the Quincy Jones interviews, but keep "Streetwalker", "Fly Away" and "Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu".

I don't think those will be included since they were released on the 2001 special edition. Makes no sense to either as it would devalue the 2001 release. But if they had to pick one to put on Bad25, I'd go with Streetwalker as I thought it faded out and went straight into Quincy's interview. They need to clean that up a bit and let the song finish fully.

Hopefully the 2nd disc is full of demos and unreleased stuff. I'd rather have those then remixes of the original tracks. Don't like remixes...never have...never will.

can someone ask the MJonline team if the preview teaser will be the final quality? or has it not yet been remastered yet?

I am on Amazon right now and I dnt see were it says the dvd is only 60 minutes...can you send me a link to were you seen this....thank.

[h=2]Editorial Reviews[/h] This Deluxe 25th Anniversary Edition includes three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour.
DVD - Michael Jackson's legendary July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium in London. This DVD is not a compilation of performances, but rather one complete show, exactly as Michael performed it for Prince Charles, Princess Diana and the 72,000 fans who were in the audience for that night's sold out show. The DVD was sourced from Michael Jackson's personal VHS copy of the performance as shown on the JumboTrons during the concert. This footage was only recently unearthed and is the only known copy of the show to exist. The visuals have been restored and the audio quality enhanced so that fans can share in the excitement of that famous night.

CD1 - The original re-mastered album.

CD2 - A CD containing previously unreleased material recorded in Michael's personal studio at Hayvenhurst. This material includes early demo versions of songs from the album as well as demos for songs not included on the final album. All of this material is being released as it was recorded during the BAD sessions. Nothing has been added or changed. In addition, this CD also includes new remixes from internationally renowned DJ/producers.

CD3 - A CD showcasing the audio from the sound truck recordings of the July 16th Wembley performance. The first-ever live Michael Jackson CD to be released, this is the only concert from the BAD Tour known to exist on multitracks.

This magnificent 3 CD/1 DVD box also includes two extensive booklets with yet unseen photos from the recording sessions, video sets and the concert tour, the original BAD cover art, a two-sided poster and more.

It's not on the 3 set CD/DVD but on just the single dvd http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jackson-Live-Wembley-7-16-1998/dp/B0084I9QIW

I don't think those will be included since they were released on the 2001 special edition. Makes no sense to either as it would devalue the 2001 release. But if they had to pick one to put on Bad25, I'd go with Streetwalker as I thought it faded out and went straight into Quincy's interview. They need to clean that up a bit and let the song finish fully.

But after all these years, those three songs kinda became part of the album to me, just like Leave Me Alone did. I really hope they don't remove them, the album just wouldn't be the same... I don't want to always end up listening to the old edition instead of the 2012 one just because some of my favourite songs aren't on it.

But I really hope they will cut off Quincy Jones, it's so annoying to hear someone talk when you're trying to listen to music... Except Michael of course, Michael has the most soothing voice, it's music to my ears even when he's just talking!

I don't think those will be included since they were released on the 2001 special edition.

I hope not as we already have them

We already have Bad also. Should they skip that also?

I was refering to just Streetwalker", "Fly Away" and "Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu" cuz these are the unreleased songs we already have. I wasnt saying they should skip bad altogether

LOL! I know right?

If it was 1998 i would have been old enough to go to the bad concert, i was only like 3yrs or 4yrs old when he did the bad tour. At least if he done the bad tour in 98 i would've been old enough to go lol

Guys, Do you think I should get the Bad Replica Jacket as well? I can afford it, but I'm not a huge fan of the design, It looks kinda cheap to me. But it would go well with my Bad 1988 T Shirt. Hmmm, decisions, decisions!

I don't understand why a discussion on video quality is being perceived as negative or attempt to rain on someone's parade; despite how we have stressed over and over again how happy we are to get the tour DVD in whatever quality. Isn't it a legit and relevant topic worth discussing? I actually find the discussion quite interesting. Have we become so weary that we can't tolerate comments that are not cheerleading in nature?

preach it sister. "let's just enjoy" is not applicable here. I kind of cringe every time i read that statement. "Let's just enjoy" is what people said after that fiasco in 2010. I do not and will not "just enjoy" everything the estate releases just because they're like "here's michael jackson, this should be good enough for you." Just because they're a huge company, does NOT mean they'll do an amazing job *cough* i don't understand where all the blind, unearned trust comes from.

We have to be advocates for ourselves. we have every right to judge this--in fact, we practically have a moral obligation to judge it. i'll enjoy it, absolutely no matter what. but i can still have an opinion on the way it was executed. to marebare's point, i have nothing to say right now since we haven't seen it. But the fact that it's from VHS does definitely concern me though. why no film? it's kind of perplexing to me so far. the quality of the Daybreak clip seemed truly horrendous.

If you look at the first trailer then look at the second video, the 'preview' it looks as if the second preview video has actually been upscaled. Because of this it looks worse quality then the first trailer.

i mean in the preview it looks worse than that ghetto bootlegged copy of yokohama. all we need are thriller dripping effects (so help me lawd . . . ) i'm like freaking out. i shouldn't have even watched the preview. i'm going to have to just wait for september and THEN start worrying about it i guess. i'm just like :worried:

8701girl;3644103 said:
I hope not as we already have them

But they’re not gonna replace them with new songs anyway. We will either have 11 tracks or 14 tracks on disc 1. I’d rather have 14… And the 2001 edition is so annoying because of the interviews between the songs, I wish they would fix that and finally release that disc as it should have been: without any interview between the songs.

I was refering to just Streetwalker", "Fly Away" and "Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu" cuz these are the unreleased songs we already have. I wasnt saying they should skip bad altogether

But to a lot of people, these three songs are just as important for the album as the original ones.

LOL @ 1998 i wish!

Who knows where the Estate got the tape from and what's on it.

The Estate hasn't realized it yet, but maybe it is really from 1998 and maybe it really lasts 60 minutes. It's probably a tribute concert by Navi lipsynched by Jason Malachi. That explains it how it fits on the audio CD :D

p.s. With "newly discovered demos" :naughty: I hope they didn't discover them in a certain underground studio at friends' house.

.... naaaah I was just nightmaring :D

Editorial Reviews

This Deluxe 25th Anniversary Edition includes three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour.
DVD - Michael Jackson's legendary July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium in London. This DVD is not a compilation of performances, but rather one complete show, exactly as Michael performed it for Prince Charles, Princess Diana and the 72,000 fans who were in the audience for that night's sold out show. The DVD was sourced from Michael Jackson's personal VHS copy of the performance as shown on the JumboTrons during the concert. This footage was only recently unearthed and is the only known copy of the show to exist. The visuals have been restored and the audio quality enhanced so that fans can share in the excitement of that famous night.

CD1 - The original re-mastered album.

CD2 - A CD containing previously unreleased material recorded in Michael's personal studio at Hayvenhurst. This material includes early demo versions of songs from the album as well as demos for songs not included on the final album. All of this material is being released as it was recorded during the BAD sessions. Nothing has been added or changed. In addition, this CD also includes new remixes from internationally renowned DJ/producers.

CD3 - A CD showcasing the audio from the sound truck recordings of the July 16th Wembley performance. The first-ever live Michael Jackson CD to be released, this is the only concert from the BAD Tour known to exist on multitracks.

This magnificent 3 CD/1 DVD box also includes two extensive booklets with yet unseen photos from the recording sessions, video sets and the concert tour, the original BAD cover art, a two-sided poster and more.

First a shower and pvc pipes, now trucks. :D

^^Umm.....sound trucks are normal. If they don't have room in the stadium to set up sound equipment and mixers..that's where they go.

the issue with the DVD producers was this: to get VHS quality with multi-channel audio or real DVD quality with possible Blu-ray color enhancement with 2 channel audio. My choice would be the second. The big deal of this tour is it was the last opportunity to SEE Michael dancing Beat It, Thriller and Smooth Criminal with energy, NOT TO HEAR his tired breathing at the already down-pitched Beat It and Thriller or his lipsyncing skills in Smooth Criminal and Man In The Mirror.
Instead of two products with the same content, they could have used this multi-track only at the live cd and everyone would be happy.

^^Umm.....sound trucks are normal. If they don't have room in the stadium to set up sound equipment and mixers..that's where they go.

I was just kidding ;)

Celine did a CD/DVD and she kept everything from her show on her CD as well as DVD

What does that have to do with this MJ CD?
Maybe Celines show was shorter.

Guys a little news so you can all relax

This morning I mentioned the MJ Online Team fans concerns about the DVD picture quality. Estate is aware of our concerns and apparently considering to address it over time. So can we chill for the meantime and wait for more information please?
Thanks! Mention next time that we want The Way You Make Me Feel from other concert as bonus material. :)

I think this one is better than the spanish version

I really cant believe how frustrating it is to see how ungrateful the majority on this board can be.

The best release of a MJ project ever. The wembley show like everyone asked, untouched unreleased stuff, etc.

So what if the Wembley show is sourced from a VHS. In the download section almost every video download is sourced from VHS.

It's pathetic to see how you guys were more excited about a LOUNIS preview, than a official one, which will be REMASTERED.

Have faith people! And please be optimistic.

I really cant believe how frustrating it is to see how ungrateful the majority on this board can be.

The best release of a MJ project ever. The wembley show like everyone asked, untouched unreleased stuff, etc.

So what if the Wembley show is sourced from a VHS. In the download section almost every video download is sourced from VHS.

It's pathetic to see how you guys were more excited about a LOUNIS preview, than a official one, which will be REMASTERED.

Have faith people! And please be optimistic.

I don't think people are being negative, but confused. Why VHS quality for King of Pop when you can get Justin Bieber in Blu-Ray quality?

They don't have better quality, then fine, no problem, I'll buy what they have to release. But I'd also like to know who's got the film and why it isn't in the hands of the Estate.

I think of course many people are more than happy for the release, however I feel many people wonder whether one day we'll get the chance to see the blu ray quality. It doesn't have to be this year, but the question remains will there ever be a blu ray?

Are concerts like Tokyo and Rome taken from VHS tape? It they are the quality should be something like that

Back