BAD25 - designated Discussion Thread

Re: BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

I know some are bigger fans than others as far as merch goes, but honestly. Do you really need 2 or 3 versions of this just to get a t shirt from walmart or a dvd of videos already on visions from Target?
But to each their own :)

some deal hahaha

23$ Walmart version
2$ single
5 cent cans
for 65

yourkiddingme.png

Ahaha! So true!

I'm the same...I've ordered the 2CD's/DVD version....That's good enough lol

Not the 3CD/DVD with live album??!?! That's one of the best bits for me! :wild:

I know some are bigger fans than others as far as merch goes, but honestly. Do you really need 2 or 3 versions of this just to get a t shirt from walmart or a dvd of videos already on visions from Target?
But to each their own :)

Exactly...

To me, it is a total scam lol

Not the 3CD/DVD with live album??!?! That's one of the best bits for me! :wild:

Whoops, I meant the 3CD! :doh:

*goes to check my pre-order just in case* :bugeyed

I am getting the 3 cd/dvd one.

Whoops, I meant the 3CD! :doh:

*goes to check my pre-order just in case* :bugeyed

:bugeyed If it was one purchase for the CD+DVD then it should come with Live CD :wild:

:bugeyed If it was one purchase for the CD+DVD then it should come with Live CD :wild:

Yeah, it was one purchase, and it was like, $40...lol...

to be honest with less then 4 weeks to go i thought there would of been more hype and promotion from Sony. I would really like another trailer of the now remastered DVD, perhaps more sneak previews of the doco and perhaps some snippets of the unreleased demos.

I pre-ordered the 3CD/1DVD version. Can't wait for September 14th!
smooth_criminal.gif

to be honest with less then 4 weeks to go i thought there would of been more hype and promotion from Sony. I would really like another trailer of the now remastered DVD, perhaps more sneak previews of the doco and perhaps some snippets of the unreleased demos.

In where I live, there is absolutely zero hype or promotion. I hope they haven't started promotion. If they have, then the promotion has been ineffective. The Bad 25/Pepsi campaign was a non-event. It came and disappeared without much impact. I had no success in finding the cans.

Frankly, I don't expect any serious promotion from Sony.

So have any other songs (other than the Bad remix) come out so far?

Thanks for mentioning this as I was wondering if people were finding the pepsi cans. I have not noticed any but I'm in the UK.

In where I live, there is absolutely zero hype or promotion. I hope they haven't started promotion. If they have, then the promotion has been ineffective. The Bad 25/Pepsi campaign was a non-event. It came and disappeared without much impact. I had no success in finding the cans.

Frankly, I don't expect any serious promotion from Sony.

Seems very weird to make such a big BAD25 release and then not promote it!

I mean even for non fans this is a great buy. Live album, 1 CD full of new stuff AND a live DVD.

SONY should promote the hell out of this!

SONY should promote the hell out of this!

We've been saying this since the beginning of any posthumous release...I don't think they're gonna promote it any more than they have now lol

Sorry to be a downer, but they haven't really given any reason to make me optimistic ..

The only release they did promote, was the Michael album. Kind of ironic when you think about it.

André89;3693995 said:
The only release they did promote, was the Michael album. Kind of ironic when you think about it.

Actually, I think they promoted TII and Cirque really well....At least where I live they have...

But for albums, they don't seem to promote much at all :/

Actually, I think they promoted TII and Cirque really well....At least where I live they have...

But for albums, they don't seem to promote much at all :/

It's because TII was not released by SONY Music but SONY Pictures! And Cirque has been promoted mostly by Cirque du Soleil - NOT SONY!

SONY Music has not been good at promoting!

I am NOT against SONY BTW - I'm just stating how it is!

It's because TII was not released by SONY Music but SONY Pictures! And Cirque has been promoted mostly by Cirque du Soleil - NOT SONY!

SONY Music has not been good at promoting!

True...I forgot about that...

Bottom line: SONY sucks at promotion :D

True...I forgot about that...

Bottom line: SONY sucks at promotion :D

They REALLY do! - They should hire some fans to help make a promotion campaign! - we could do GREAT !

Maybe they still will as the date gets closer. I am not going to get my hopes up but maybe will be surprised.

I never saw a single ad on TV for the Michael album. Besides, FULL promotion didn't start until at least two weeks before the album came out. There's plenty of time :)

I never saw a single ad on TV for the Michael album. Besides, FULL promotion didn't start until at least two weeks before the album came out. There's plenty of time :)

I think I saw one, 1, TV add for Michael in Denmark. Hope there will be better promotion for BAD25 !

the people that support MJ knows about Bad 25

no promotion is needed wouldn't hurt though

i see cds released every week for artist and not once do i see commercials

the people that support MJ knows about Bad 25

no promotion is needed
wouldn't hurt though

i see cds released every week for artist and not once do i see commercials

True. CD's are not very often promoted very much anymore.

BUT - Promotion DOES HELP an album sale!

BAD25 will be released with many many people not knowing anything about it. - Some of those people are potential buyers! - So it is bad buisness not promoting - especially an album like BAD25 - it will interest a lot of people! - Also old people - those that were young in 1987 and maybe MJ fans back then. - They might wanna feel the exitement again and buy. - And the only way they will ever know about the release is TV adds, Billboards and other addvertising!

I don't see albums being promoted by TV commercials that much anymore. However, albums that sell well are promoted by hot singles, live performance of the artist on shows like American Idols, concert tours, radio plays, etc.

With Bad 25, none of the above promotion methods is possible. So, Sony can either be creative or continue with its low cost marketing strategy.

tumblr_m93905S4mf1qdl5f4o1_250.gif

Does the Legacy arm of Sony have the same budget though? Perhaps that's why. I do think it should be different for Michael though.

Sony Music hasn't been good at promoting any MJ product for years.
Sony Pictures was great with TII - cardboard cutouts everywhere, billboards, TV ads etc. Brilliant.
Cirque have been great promoting the MJ shows in the USA as far as I can tell, but nothing in the UK yet. It's not here for another couple of months yet so that's ok.

Even the Michael album seemed to get limited promotion in the UK. I saw an advert once. No billboards. No mag adverts.

I expect nothing better for BAD25, which is a shame really. Number ones, KoP, The Essential MJ, T25 were also barely promoted in the UK. We're not getting the Pepsi promotion either, so the extent of the promotion is likely to be one TV ad in prime time (probably during 'Coronation Street' as usual) and nothing else.

Back