BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

Guys a little news so you can all relax

This morning I mentioned the MJ Online Team fans concerns about the DVD picture quality. Estate is aware of our concerns and apparently considering to address it over time. So can we chill for the meantime and wait for more information please?

If you contact them again - PLEASE tell them that we want EXTRA material!! TWYMMF and rehearsal footage maybe!

In the end, when I finally get to sit back and watch this concert, I really won't care what type of quality it is....Michael's magic will always be there no matter what...

It just all depends on how you really want to enjoy the brilliance of Michael Jackson....I agree that fans should be able to voice their opinions no matter what it is...I don't agree with all out negativity, complaints, and bitching...But some concerns and a stimulating discussion is perfectly alright (it's obviously valid if MJonline will consider addressing it, they can see that people have some concerns)...People just need to realize the difference and respond accordingly...Please don't attack those who have legit concerns about the quality - we all want to enjoy Michael in the best quality we can get....It could turn out to be fantastic quality for what it is, who knows...

In the end, it's MJ and we all know when we finally sit down and see this, we'll be grinning from ear to ear :D

Exactly, I have no problem with legitimate concerns/constructive opinions made in a respectful manner. And I am so glad the MJonline team are embracing and listening to our concerns, that is encouraging to say the least. I just know that I'm bouncing off the walls waiting to watch this concert from the greatest entertainer in the world!!

God, I wish I had enough money to get that suitcase edition, but that will never happen. Once I get my job back, which will be in a few weeks, the very first thing I'm doing is getting the regular 4-disc edition!

Also, I'm curious as to whether or not the concert DVD will contain any extras on it, unlike the Bucharest concert. Also, will the concert really be enough to fit on only one CD?

In the end, when I finally get to sit back and watch this concert, I really won't care what type of quality it is....Michael's magic will always be there no matter what...

It just all depends on how you really want to enjoy the brilliance of Michael Jackson....I agree that fans should be able to voice their opinions no matter what it is...I don't agree with all out negativity, complaints, and bitching...But some concerns and a stimulating discussion is perfectly alright (it's obviously valid if MJonline will consider addressing it, they can see that people have some concerns)...People just need to realize the difference and respond accordingly...Please don't attack those who have legit concerns about the quality - we all want to enjoy Michael in the best quality we can get....It could turn out to be fantastic quality for what it is, who knows...

In the end, it's MJ and we all know when we finally sit down and see this, we'll be grinning from ear to ear :D

Yeah, what the hell, let's ask them to release it only for cell phones with for a 5" screen resolution. :rofl:

Yeah, what the hell, let's ask them to release them only for cell phones with for a 5" screen. :rofl:

Ok, if that's what you want, I'll put in the request only for your cell phone :D

I tend to be more sentimental than to focus solely on what is marketable, a royal performance is a huge deal, Michael was so proud that they attended his concert, it made the news everywhere. And according to the estate Michael kept his own VHS copy, so it must have meant a lot to him.

I'd imagine he had several copies of his shows, tbh

Also, will the concert really be enough to fit on only one CD?

No, they'll have to cut some out.
A lot of artists who do live CD/DVD's will omit songs from the DVD to fit on the CD.

:lmao: that's awesome...

That reminds me of how my little cousin taped over part of my original VHS Oprah interview...grrrr lol
Oh, I know what you mean. It was difficult back in those days, wasn't it? Always a bit of risk involved.

As a kid I actually accidentally recorded something over the intro to Dirty Diana on my parents' Bad cassette. Thankfully I realized it quickly and turned it off before the song really kicks in. Was still riddled with guilt though...

Hess;3643947 said:
If you contact them again - PLEASE tell them that we want EXTRA material!! TWYMMF and rehearsal footage maybe!

Yeah, tell them to fill that DVD to full capacity with extra material! :D And extra material should consists of actual footage of Michael, not just random people talking! I don’t want two hours of fans telling us why they love Michael. lol

Oh, I know what you mean. It was difficult back in those days, wasn't it? Always a bit of risk involved.

As a kid I actually accidentally recorded something over the intro to Dirty Diana on my parents' Bad cassette. Thankfully I realized it quickly and turned it off before the song really kicks in. Was still riddled with guilt though...

hahaha....yeah, he was maybe 2 years old and I had noticed he had the VHS remote in his hands and I was like, 'Nooooooo don't touch that!' as I leapt over to him like a gazelle....Yup, he recorded over a few seconds of GITM, which is ok now since I obviously have it on Dangerous Short Films...But back then, I was devastated....:lol:

No, they'll have to cut some out.
A lot of artists who do live CD/DVD's will omit songs from the DVD to fit on the CD.

OH NO!!! - Which songs would you prefer they cut out?

For me Heartbreak Hotel. - Maybe they cut cut down WDAN so it end the first time the music stops. But I do not hope they cut down the end of MITM...

could someone post the setlist again here. :lol:

just surfed the pages and I can't find it... :lol:

For me Heartbreak Hotel. - Maybe they cut cut down WDAN so it end the first time the music stops. But I do not hope they cut down the end of MITM...

Noooooo, not Heartbreak Hotel!

I still have BAD tour documentaries that I recorded on VHS directly from TV channels in 1988 or 1989 and a VHS of Moonwalker. Ahhhh those were the times, the times when you didn't have time to complain, but enjoy what you could catch on TV :D

Today everything is upside down and inside out. You find everything and anything on youtube with a simple click and nothing where it should be -- in the Estate's hands. Go figure out.

Damn, I do sound like an old man.

Noooooo, not Heartbreak Hotel!

Any song that will be removed will be a terrible loss on the Live CD.

But since not all can be there HH is not even a MJ song. - But then again, I would never remove J5 medley...

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
  2. This Place Hotel
  3. Another Part of Me
  4. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
  5. She's Out of My Life
  6. I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There
  7. Rock With You
  8. Human Nature
  9. Smooth Criminal
  10. Dirty Diana
  11. Thriller
  12. Bad Groove
  13. Workin' Day and Night
  14. Beat It
  15. Billie Jean
  16. Bad
  17. Encore:
  18. Man in the Mirror

Any song that will be removed will be a terrible loss on the Live CD.

But since not all can be there HH is not even a MJ song. - But then again, I would never remove J5 medley...

It's just that HH is one of my favourite live performances, it's just SO funky and a brilliant composition by Michael....I consider it more his song than a Jackson's song...:D

I still have BAD tour documentaries that I recorded on VHS directly from TV channels in 1988 or 1989 and a VHS of Moonwalker. Ahhhh those were the times, the times when you didn't have time to complain, but enjoy what you could catch on TV :D

Today everything is upside down and inside out. You find everything and anything on youtube with a simple click and nothing where it should be -- in the Estate's hands. Go figure out.

Damn, I do sound like an old man.
I know exactly how you feel...back then there wasn't time to think about all this...best quality stuff....when you heard Michael was gonna be on tv...you just made sure you had vhs handy and you through it in the vcr...LOL.....and if you walked in and he WAS on....you just grabbed what was available and then prayed that you didn't mess up whatever else was on that tape. :)

It's just that HH is one of my favourite live performances, it's just SO funky and a brilliant composition by Michael....I consider it more his song than a Jackson's song...:D

I do agree actually. The energy is amazing too.

Actually I can't pick some songs I do not wan't on the Live Album!! - I wan't them all!!

I'm guessing the aspect ratio of the original VHS source is 4:3. If that's the case, I really hope the Estate or Sony or whoever doesn't try to convert it to 16:9 (via zooming in the picture and cropping out the top and bottom of the video), as it'll just make the image quality worse.

I know exactly how you feel...back then there wasn't time to think about all this...best quality stuff....when you heard Michael was gonna be on tv...you just made sure you had vhs handy and you through it in the vcr...LOL.....and if you walked in and he WAS on....you just grabbed what was available and then prayed that you didn't mess up whatever else was on that tape. :)

LOL, are you an 80s kid too? :D

I remember before having enough money to buy the album BAD I was listening to teh radio the whole damn day to record Dirty Diana on tape (BASF, TDK, or whatever it was lol). And I so wante dthe whoel song, but I always missed eitehr the beginning or they cut the end, so I never managed to record it entirely. But when I had the money I bought seven copies of BAD cassettes including an LP (becaus ethe picture was bigger). I wonder how many of us are left from the 80s and that are still MJ's fans since then.

Last edited:

I'm guessing the aspect ratio of the original VHS source is 4:3. If that's the case, I really hope the Estate or Sony or whoever doesn't try to convert it to 16:9 (via zooming in the picture and cropping out the top and bottom of the video), as it'll just make the image quality worse.

if they do so, i would get very angry.. i hope they are smart enough not to do so..

If they do need to cut out songs for the CD, get rid of the slow ones. Bad is all about energy! Oh, and buckles! Lot's and lot's of buckles!

Please, the estate is not stupid. It's 2012 and they'll do whatever to release this product properly. HAVE FAITH PEOPLE!

This is a dream coming true for all of us!

If they do need to cut out songs for the CD, get rid of the slow ones. Bad is all about energy! Oh, and buckles! Lot's and lot's of buckles!

Oh yeah!!!! I loooooooooooooooved the buckles. I wanted to buy trousers and a jacket with buckles back then, but my father used to tell me "are you crazy? who's walking in the street like that?"

LOL, are you an 80s kid too? :D

I remember before having enough money to buy the album BAD I was listening to teh radio the whole damn day to record Dirty Diana on tape (BASF, TDK, or whatever it was lol). And I so wante dthe whoel song, but I always missed eitehr the beginning or they cut the end, so I never managed to record it entirely. But when I had the money I bought seven copies of BAD cassettes including an LP (becaus ethe picture was bigger). I gues how many of us are left from the 80s and that are still MJ's fans since then.

hahaha....nope not exactly....I was born in 1967 :ciao:...been an MJ fan since 1972.....just me and only me ...my mom never listened to any Michael other than Rockin Robin record she had...otherwise...I discovered him all on my own...I played the Rockin Robin record to death...so much that it cracked in half...:LMAO: Yup I also remember when I didnt have a vhs tape handy..i would record Michael on a cassette tape ...then I would listen to it on my walkman...LOL....wooooo.....they days when all this was easy.....and we took what we had and put Michael on it...vhs....cassette.....no matter what it was..if we could get Michael on it ..we did....:bow:

They are not cutting the concert - they will show it in FULL just as it is recorded on Michael's personal VHS Tape.
That has been stated in the announcement and on the product page for the DVD . Its will be intact.

Also For those asking why teh estate estate doesnt have BAD Tour footage. They didnt state anything like that.
They stated this is this is the only footage they have right now of the Royal Family performance on the 16th that
Fans requested. Not that they dont have any footage of other Wembley shows or other Bad concerts.

Oh yeah!!!! I loooooooooooooooved the buckles. I wanted to buy trousers and a jacket with buckles back then, but my father used to tell me "are you crazy? who's walking in the street like that?"

Looooooooooooool....And you're like, "pff, Michael Jackson is!"

When I was about 2 years old, I was wearing my little red MJ jacket and nothing else, decided to run outta the house like that, and knock on our neighbours' door :lmao:

Looooooooooooool....And you're like, "pff, Michael Jackson is!"

When I was about 2 years old, I was wearing my little red MJ jacket and nothing else, decided to walk outta the house like that, and knock on our neighbours' door :lmao:

Well the thing is MJ didn't walk in the streets, and most certainly not in that outfit, unless he ahd a show or was indirectly promoting his BAD album.

Well the thing is MJ didn't walk in the streets, and most certainly not in that outfit, unless he ahd a show or was indirectly promoting his BAD album.

And he looked BAD ass doing it ;)

Back