BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

Yes, audio piracy was widespread across the world in the 80s, but there are some people who like to pretend it's something new - a problem caused by the internet. I saw somebody on the internet compare Adele with MJ and said that because of piracy these days her sales were hampered. They dared to suggest that if she was alive in the 80s she'd have sold more than Thriller. They didn't believe that people were pirating music then. I'm guessing they were young and foolish and probably wouldn't even recognise an audio cassette.

What they fail to understand is that it wasen't just Thriller, the album itself, that made it the most selling album of all time. It was the whole package. The Man behind the music, The music videos, The dancing, The Moonwalk. Not to mention the racial barriers he broke down aswell.

All these factor played a big role into making Thriller the world's best selling album of all time. No offense to Adele but do they really think that some girl could just sit on a chair and sing songs and expect to have the world's greatest selling album of all time? Sorry but no.

Last edited:
More tweets from Joe Vogel :

Joe Vogel ?@JoeVogel1
The verses in "Price of Fame" recall "Billie Jean."

Joe Vogel ?@JoeVogel1
I think "Price of Fame" and "I'm so Blue" are my favorites. #MichaelJackson #Bad25

OMG! What a tease! :D

What they fail to understand is that it wasen't Thriller, the album itself, that made it the most selling album of all time. It was the whole package. The Man behind the music, The music videos, The dancing, The Moonwalk. Not to mention the racial barriers he broke down aswell.

All these factor played a big role into making Thriller the world's best selling album of all time. No offense to Adele but do they really think that some girl could just sit on a chair and sing songs and expect to have the world's greatest selling album of all time? Sorry but no.

Amen! :agree:

Who remembers when it came out? :)

michael-jackson-cassette.png

ahh memories

Warning- SPOILER ALERT!!
(Do not watch if you wanna wait till the DVD comes out)

Found this!! :) Another Part of Me - Bad Tour Wembley (DVD Version FULL)

Warning- SPOILER ALERT!!
(Do not watch if you wanna wait till the DVD comes out)

Found this!! :) Another Part of Me - Bad Tour Wembley (DVD Version FULL)

That was broadcast on Amazon a few days ago buddy :)

I was checking the News only thread about Bad 25 and i don't get something. There's the 'Bad Groove' , and there's 'Bad' twice on the DVD. So three times Bad?

And do my eyes really see that...The way you make me feel is on it?!!!! Hopefully it's 100% live.

I was checking the News only thread about Bad 25 and i don't get something. There's the 'Bad Groove' , and there's 'Bad' twice on the DVD. So three times Bad?

And do my eyes really see that...The way you make me feel is on it?!!!! Hopefully it's 100% live.

Bad Groove is a band instrumental section. Bad from Wembley and Yokohama will both feature on the DVD.

When will we hear the previews of the unreleased songs/demos from BAD 25? Can't wait to hear Al Capone, I'm So Blue and Price Of Fame!

^^ The person who uploaded it writes in the description it was written by the Gibb brothers. Is she wrong?

ETA: Interestingly someone noted a year ago that this sounds like a Michael Jackson type of song.

^^ The person who uploaded it writes in the description it was written by the Gibb brothers. Is she wrong?

ETA: Interestingly someone noted a year ago that this sounds like a Michael Jackson type of song.

For me it's Michael's song becuase is his Thriller era sound (Price Of Fame is Billie Jean outtake)

Price of Fame has been my ultimate dream to hear and it's finally happening. WOOHOO!

Getting organized for the release we have created some topical discussion threads. But feel free to have general BAD 25 discusions in here for the time being. we may close this thread later in order to keep topics oganized and easier to find.

Wembley DVD Critique /Quality - All discussion on the quality of Wembley DVD go here
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...cussion-on-the-quality-of-Wembley-DVD-go-here

Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...cuss-Michael-his-concert-and-performance-ONLY

BAD 25 MJ Demo's unreleased and unheard songs [discussion thread]
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...nreleased-and-unheard-songs-Discussion-thread

BAD 25 CD Live at Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 [Discussion thread]
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...embley-Stadium-July-16-1988-Discussion-thread

There seems to be a special programming on RTL radio in France tonight at 8:30PM (Their time) They will discuss Bad's 25th anniversary. Program is scheduled from 8:30 - 10:00PM

For those who understand french, You may be able to listen here

http://radio.rtl.fr/player.html

The show is on now...

Last edited:
There seems to be a special programming on RTL radio in France tonight at 8:30PM (Their time) They will discuss Bad's 25th anniversary. Program is scheduled from 8:30 - 10:00PM

For those who understand french, You may be able to listen here

http://radio.rtl.fr/player.html

The show is on now...

I don't understand french but I'm listening to it because someone on FB said they'll be airing snippets of unreleased songs!

Anymore songs coming? I'm listening now, and nothing's happening apart from people talking in French..I don't get a word of it!

Price Of Fame is on now!!

Edit: OMG!!!!!!! That was one long "snippet"..! The song's got a very Billie Jean-ish sound, and it's amazing! Aaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

price of fame now... oh my guy.. genius..

love you MJ....reminds me of Billie Jean

Price of fame was AMAZING!!

It did not sound like a d emo at all, not like DBMA - PoF is a finished song!!

Great great song it seems like! The snippet was long - more than 1 min I think!

Can't wait for this to be released!!!

Back