BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

Damn I missed it. Will have to check uk radio listings in case a similar show will be on here.

I was wondering. Even though i'm really glad to finally hear some unreleased material of MJ. Surely there has to be more from Bad? Didn't Michael initially want to put 30 songs on Bad, but Quincy said no? I wonder...are those songs still out there or weren't they finished enough and Sony couldn't really do much with? Cause hey...great..we're getting 6 unreleased songs, we never heard those. But i have to be honest though...only 6? I said it before, there has to be much much more, right? I just hope we'll eventually get those too. A full cd with unreleased tracks would have been awesome.

I was wondering. Even though i'm really glad to finally hear some unreleased material of MJ. Surely there has to be more from Bad? Didn't Michael initially want to put 30 songs on Bad, but Quincy said no? I wonder...are those songs still out there or weren't they finished enough and Sony couldn't really do much with? Cause hey...great..we're getting 6 unreleased songs, we never heard those. But i have to be honest though...only 6? I said it before, there has to be much much more, right? I just hope we'll eventually get those too. A full cd with unreleased tracks would have been awesome.

I am sure there are alot more unreleased songs from bad. Songs we know about like, Tradgey of a cheerleader, tomboy, what you do to me, hot fever, chicago 1945, Groove of midnight, Someone put your hands down. Then there are tracks we have no idea about like Apocalypse now, and god knows what else.

Im sure they will release all the songs in due time..

Yeah i know siedah used it for her album but her album came out in 88 and this was like what in 86?.. The way they play the piano (as if they were just creating the song) makes it very plausible to believe that michael recorded it, maybe as a demo or whatever and then decided to give it to her. Woulden't be the first time
(Fly Away)

Last edited:
I am sure there are alot more unreleased songs from bad. Songs we know about like, Tradgey of a cheerleader, tomboy, what you do to me, hot fever, chicago 1945, Groove of midnight, Someone put your hands down. Then there are tracks we have no idea about like Apocalypse now, and god knows what else.

Im sure they will release all the songs in due time..

Wow those songtitles sound awesome. Tragedy of a cheerleader sounds like it could be really deep, storytelling like. I wonder what's gonna happen next. This is the celebration of Bad. But who knows they might be going for a anniversary of Thriller now, or finally Dangerous? But if that was to happen, we wouldn't be getting the other Bad songs anytime soon. Time will tell.

:clapping::clap:
From Amazon UK
Hot New Releases in Music
The bestselling new and future releases in Music
7. Bad - 25th Anniversary Deluxe [3 CD/1 DVD]
Michael Jackson | Format: Audio CD
Release Date: 17 Sep 2012
Price: £19.97

and in HMV list it is on no 15

Last edited:
Bubs;3706004 said:
:clapping::clap:

Hot New Releases in Music
The bestselling new and future releases in Music
7. Bad - 25th Anniversary Deluxe [3 CD/1 DVD]
Michael Jackson | Format: Audio CD
Release Date: 17 Sep 2012
Price: £19.97

and in HMV list it is on no 15

:clapping: :bow: :bow: :clapping::clap:

My brother is wondering if there will be a vinyl version of Bad 25 too?

Oh and this dutch store called Bol.com says Bad25 comes out on the 14th?!!!!!

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/bad-25th-anniversary/1000004012385018/#product_judgement

Yes, there will be a vinyl version of Bad 25 too:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/MICHAEL-JACKSON-BAD-25-180g-3LP/productinfo/SONLP40098/
http://www.sonymusicshop.jp/m/item/itemShw.php?site=S&ima=2120&cd=00AX000040098

Release date for Germany & Netherlands is friday September 14, 2012.

There are links to a Bad 25 vinyl set, but I find it odd that both Amazon and michaeljackson.com don't have it on their websites.

Sony musicshop Japan does, which might as well be the MJ store. These are speciality releases but it is weird how they are being ignored by the official MJ store and Amazon. I preordered mine at elusive disc when they were first announced cause I had no idea if anyone else was carrying them or if they would sell out.

ordered my copy today.
from the uk. much cheaper than in middle europe. they want to have 40 euros at the local record store!!! bastards!
not with my.
i ordered it from hmv uk. with the bonus cd. 28 euros, thats also a lot, but much cheaper.
the big difference on the price on each country is not fair. thats not how it should be. :no:
small countries should pay the most, bigger country get it much cheaper. -40%

Re: The BAD25 Packages/ Products, Your Orders etc. etc. [Discussion]

Have you seen These

Don't know if you guys know, but Sony Music Japan is having a HUGE media blitz for Bad 25. Today they had a MJ convention at the Sony headquarters and there was a ton of MJ items there! Here are some pictures from a twitter pal (@MJThisIsItLove) who went there. I also know that my friend in Japan went so I'll see if I can add more pictures when she sends them!

Edit: Already posted here
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ctures/page7?p=3708859&viewfull=1#post3708859

I think Michael was ripped off at the Grammys. You look at how some people win today and it wasn't right. i am not saying Michael has to win them all but I don't know. His performance that day was memorable.

yeah, thats always frustrating. but hey, the most important are the sales.
they can give those losers from today 20 or 30 grammies, it will not change that they dont have any chance on the most important... the sales.

I think Michael was ripped off at the Grammys. You look at how some people win today and it wasn't right. i am not saying Michael has to win them all but I don't know. His performance that day was memorable.

Not to mention the AMAs. I remember that a Paula Abdul video (maybe Opposites Attract) won "Video of the Year" instead of Smooth Criminal! It was ridiculous then, but how ridiculous is that now, in the hindsight?

This

vs. this

Jesus! :bugeyed :doh: :smilerolleyes:

OMG that beat Smooth Criminal? No offense to Paula and I know Michael can't win everything but come on.

I saw a commercial for Bad 25 today on tv. It was so great to see that.

OMG that beat Smooth Criminal? No offense to Paula and I know Michael can't win everything but come on.

I saw a commercial for Bad 25 today on tv. It was so great to see that.

I saw a commercial last night! :wild:

have you guys seen the general internet? there are adverts for Bad 25, literally everywhere, like the most advertised thing on the net right now!
You are seeing those ads because websites can tell from your browser that you visit MJ related sites. Not everyone is seeing those ads.

You are seeing those ads because websites can tell from your browser that you visit MJ related sites. Not everyone is seeing those ads.

thought this might be the case, thanks for clarifying, though i'm not used to seeing this many ads, for anything, bit strange really

are we sure it isn't more than just targeted advertising though? today bad 25 was all over the local radio, first time in a long while i've heard Liberian Girl on the radio for example, and they kept constantly saying that it was the 25th anniversary of the album. I've seen 2 adverts for it on TV as well recently. They have deffo kicked the promo into gear now for BAD 25

Last edited:
<iframe height="225" src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/48655934?portrait=0" frameBorder="0" width="400" allowFullScreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" webkitAllowFullScreen=""></iframe>

Le 31 août 1987 sortait le légendaire album Bad, toujours sous-estimé, et souffrant injustement de la comparaison avec son grand frère Thriller. Mon petit hommage personnel sur "The Way You Make Me Feel". #Bad25

Translation
August 31, 1987 came out the legendary album Bad, always underestimated and suffering unjustly comparison with its big brother Thriller. My little personal tribute to "The Way You Make Me Feel". # Bad25

thought this might be the case, thanks for clarifying, though i'm not used to seeing this many ads, for anything, bit strange really

are we sure it isn't more than just targeted advertising though? today bad 25 was all over the local radio, first time in a long while i've heard Liberian Girl on the radio for example, and they kept constantly saying that it was the 25th anniversary of the album. I've seen 2 adverts for it on TV as well recently. They have deffo kicked the promo into gear now for BAD 25

I was just about to start a thread about UK promotion when I saw your post, so I might as well just say it here.

I haven't seen any promotion at all for BAD25 in the UK. No radio ads, no TV ads, no billboards.
We didn't get the Pepsi promotion and Spike Lee's documentary hasn't been scheduled on UK TV (though there is a rumour it might be on BBC by Xmas).
Until I saw your post seemed to me as though this product is not being promoted at all, so it's interesting to see that you think the promo has been kicked into gear.
Just out of interest which radio station advertised it? Which TV channels showed the ads and during which shows?
Has anybody else in the UK seen or heard any promotion?

I was just about to start a thread about UK promotion when I saw your post, so I might as well just say it here.

I haven't seen any promotion at all for BAD25 in the UK. No radio ads, no TV ads, no billboards.
We didn't get the Pepsi promotion and Spike Lee's documentary hasn't been scheduled on UK TV (though there is a rumour it might be on BBC by Xmas).
Until I saw your post seemed to me as though this product is not being promoted at all, so it's interesting to see that you think the promo has been kicked into gear.
Just out of interest which radio station advertised it? Which TV channels showed the ads and during which shows?
Has anybody else in the UK seen or heard any promotion?

I haven't seen any adverts at all on TV. Didn't see any reviews in Sunday papers either. I did hear a local radio station mention it on Saturday (Central Scotand) and they played Smooth Criminal.

Back