Best posthumous release?

Best posthumous release? (yes, I put Mind Is The Magic for fun) ;)

• The Collection (2009)

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • The Stripped Mixes (2009)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Definitive Collection (2009)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hello World (2009)

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • The Remix Suites I - IV (2009)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • This Is It (2009) (CD)

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • This Is It (2009) (EP)

• Mind Is The Magic (2010) (Re-Release Single)

• Michael (2010)

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
In a mad mad world where the good god is a woman a
Alright - other places to discuss vocal controversy, poor song choices etc.

This is a poll to find out which posthumous release you think was the best. I know MITM isn't a posthumous single but it was re-released in 2010 so I figure it got a re-release posthumously so that's why it's here. Plus it's an entirely different song and release as to what Michael's singles are.

Last edited:
No Live At The Forum? I know that was technically J5, though.

I don't have the Stripped Mixes or Remix Suite (yet), so I might resist actually voting. But of those I do have so far, I'd still place 'Michael' top, for all of its faults.

The album "Michael" is an epic failure...........Hollywood Tonight is a good song........Behind the Mask is a classic.........but that's it!!!!!

The album "This Is it" is an OK album.........but still a wasted opportunity.........the song "This is it" didn't even get released because the Estate and Sony didn't do their homework and credit Paul Anka as co-writer.........

Overall, all Estate releases have failed...........

I voted for Hello World for two reasons...........
1. It was planned before MJ's death and therefore it is not milking the situation......
2. Motown finally listened to MJ fans and released all his solo work at the company on CD....

Hello World is a well-packaged, solid effort.

Well Michael was a travesty to me, but the remix suites had some truly amazing stuff. And done tastefully.

I liked Hello world. I never had any of Michael's earlier albums and this collection had them all and then some. In second place would be the Michael album only because of all the controversy with some songs not sounding like him.

Mind Is The Magic - I have always loved it, and now I got It in my collection! The artwork of the single cound have been way better, but the music comes first!

I voted for Hello World. Strongly recommended to anyone who's not familiar with his Motown solo work. The packaging shows you that they took time rather than rush things just to put it out.
No Live At The Forum? I know that was technically J5, though.

I don't have the Stripped Mixes or Remix Suite (yet), so I might resist actually voting. But of those I do have so far, I'd still place 'Michael' top, for all of its faults.
Soon as I saw the thread title, that's what came to mind.
So far, nothing beats that.

Only for Michael solo releases, not with the J5. Although I wasn't sure whether I should include those at first.
If you'd included it, I think it would gain as many as or a some more votes than Hello World.
Personally, I can't imagine myself voting for the Michael album, but I can understand why some chose it over the rest.
After all, it got the most publicity & exposure as one of THEE posthumous releases...
If only it'd come with no controversies......-_-

Back