Best song on Invincible

What is the best song on Invincible?

• Total voters
I went for Break Of Dawn but it could have been, Whatever Happens or You Rock My World. They're my favourites off the album

I do think I look at Invincible differently than Mike's other work, my favourites on his other records are just my favourite songs, but with Invincible I like my favourites because they sound more like classic Mike and also they're the direction I think he should have went in with the album, instead of trying to compete with Timberlake and Usher, he should have been himself because that's what they're imitating. MJ should have worked smarter not harder
I enjoy Invincible but I don't go back to the album that much as I do individual tracks from the album. I appreciate the effort nonetheless

For me, Unbreakable takes the cake. It shows to the audience that Michael was still Unbreakable even after everything he came through during the 90s. This song starts Michael's 00s era and proves that he got what it takes to be a 21-century artist.

My two personal faves are Butterflies and Whatever happens. Those are the two that are sort of a revelation for me.

Unpopular opinion, but Heartbreaker is my favorite at the moment. Especially the bridge part gives me goosebumps everytime i'm listening to it

Threatened or Speechless. Depends on my mood. If it had to be one then it would be Threatened.

Unbreakable is a criminally underrated song in the entire MJ catalogue. I remember the 1st time I herd it in 01 and meeting in shock of how good the vocals were. And then the surprise verses from Biggie was the icing on the cake. I can still listen to it till this day. It's a shame a video was Not Madre for this one

:love: The Lost Children
Whatever Happens
You Rock My World
Threatened
Unbreakable
Cry

SmoothCriminal1995;4304478 said:
I went for Break Of Dawn but it could have been, Whatever Happens or You Rock My World. They're my favourites off the album

I do think I look at Invincible differently than Mike's other work, my favourites on his other records are just my favourite songs, but with Invincible I like my favourites because they sound more like classic Mike and also they're the direction I think he should have went in with the album, instead of trying to compete with Timberlake and Usher, he should have been himself because that's what they're imitating. MJ should have worked smarter not harder
I enjoy Invincible but I don't go back to the album that much as I do individual tracks from the album. I appreciate the effort nonetheless

But he did not work harder on the 'Invincible' album, considering that his involvement to the album was minimal (in essence, he only recorded his vocals).

He was never committed to the album’s project, he was also canceling many important recording sessions for no reason, not to mention all those external songwriters and producers that he hired so as to work on that album.

I agree though about ‘Break Of Dawn’, ‘Whatever Happens’ and ‘You Rock My World’, which are good songs of his old, classic sound.

alanram;4304674 said:
For me, Unbreakable takes the cake. It shows to the audience that Michael was still Unbreakable even after everything he came through during the 90s. This song starts Michael's 00s era and proves that he got what it takes to be a 21-century artist.

ends1;4304962 said:
Unbreakable is a criminally underrated song in the entire MJ catalogue. I remember the 1st time I herd it in 01 and meeting in shock of how good the vocals were. And then the surprise verses from Biggie was the icing on the cake. I can still listen to it till this day. It's a shame a video was Not Madre for this one

‘Unbreakable’ is not really an underrated song.

It is not also an authentic song, given that it melodically relies on the The Notorious B.I.G.’s ‘Unbelievable’ song (released in 1994).

And with a duration of nearly six and a half minutes, ‘Unbreakable’ certainly overstays its welcome on the album.

mj_frenzy;4305088 said:
He was never committed to the album’s project, he was also canceling many important recording sessions for no reason, not to mention all those external songwriters and producers that he hired so as to work on that album.

You poor thing. Michael never told mj_frency a reason why he cancelled a recording session. So no reason can exist.

mj_frenzy;4305088 said:
‘Unbreakable’ ...

It is not also an authentic song, given that it melodically relies on the The Notorious B.I.G.’s ‘Unbelievable’ song (released in 1994).

It does not rely "melodically" on The Notorious B.I.G.’s ‘Unbelievable’.
It was inspired by the style of that instrumental, i.e. using that sort of piano groove on a hip-hop'ish beat.

mj_frenzy;4305088 said:
But he did not work harder on the 'Invincible' album, considering that his involvement to the album was minimal (in essence, he only recorded his vocals).

@mj_frenzy When something you say is your opinion, please state this, at the beginning. Then it will be a debatable topic. If there is evidence that what you are saying is a fact, then please post such evidence, e.g. a first hand anecdote from someone who was there at the time, or is an expert in the field being discussed. We have asked you many times to modify your posting style, as it is causing a lot of friction and upset in many threads, amongst many members. You have received infractions also, for not providing appropriate back-up to support controversial and negative statements, which can be seen as disrespectful towards Michael Jackson, which is against our forum rules. Sometimes you are regurgitating hearsay or rumours from tabloids and unreliable sources, which is also against our rules.

@mj_frenzy When something you say is your opinion, please state this, at the beginning. Then it will be a debatable topic. If there is evidence that what you are saying is a fact, then please post such evidence, e.g. a first hand anecdote from someone who was there at the time, or is an expert in the field being discussed. We have asked you many times to modify your posting style, as it is causing a lot of friction and upset in many threads, amongst many members. You have received infractions also, for not providing appropriate back-up to support controversial and negative statements, which can be seen as disrespectful towards Michael Jackson, which is against our forum rules. Sometimes you are regurgitating hearsay or rumours from tabloids and unreliable sources, which is also against our rules.

Why do you even bother? It will just be ignored

I love both Break of Dawn and The Lost Children. Voted for The Lost Children because it is such a beautiful composition and because I love the message!

Why do you even bother? It will just be ignored

Because it's our job. You guys need to be patient and let us handle this through the correct process. This situation will resolve itself eventually, either through our continued action or mj_frenzy changing their behaviour. Hopefully the latter.

Mikky Dee;4305172 said:

Anna;4305402 said:
Because it's our job. You guys need to be patient and let us handle this through the correct process. This situation will resolve itself eventually, either through our continued action or mj_frenzy changing their behaviour. Hopefully the latter.

These things that I mentioned earlier (about the ‘Invincible’ album) are well-known facts.

I stated that "his involvement to the album was minimal (in essence, he only recorded his vocals)", which is true because the song-writing and also the production credits that he took on those songs are exaggerated and misleading.

For instance, ‘Whatever Happens’ or ‘Heaven Can Wait’ are actually covers (of the original demos submitted to him which were already sung by other artists), yet he took song-writing credits for these two songs.

These two original demos are available on the Internet.

Also, I stated that "he was also canceling many important recording sessions for no reason", which again is true.

On many instances, his collaborators (on that album) were left in the studio waiting for him and also having no clue at all regarding his whereabouts.

That information was confirmed by several authors, among others by John Randy Taraborrelli or Mike Smallcombe.

Even Rodney Jerkins himself confirmed that information in one of his interviews when he spoke about Michael Jackson’s many, unplanned trips instead of working on the album.

A man who is committed to making his album certainly does not exhibit such a behaviour during the album’s recording sessions.

I stated that "he was also canceling many important recording sessions for no reason", which ... is true.

You still don't get the point. Or you are playing stupid.

How can "mj_frenzy", the Michael Jackson "fan" from Greece, state, that such thing would be true? It may hurt your ego, but: YOU. CAN'T.

What you CAN state is that you read that X or Y said it. Whether what X and Y said actually IS true or not, is then up for evaluation for everyone, including yourself.

It can not be evaluated by everyone if you don't provide the necessary context to do so.

Just because YOU believe what X and Y said, their statements don't become facts, that YOU can restate as if you personally KNOW what you're talking about. YOU. DON'T.

You love to appear as a walking MJ encyclopedia in high demand on here. Yet you have proven way too many times that your reading and comprehension skills and general performance in correctly evaluating information is completely terrible - selective and tendentious at best. On top you appear too stubborn to accept or even understand repeated criticism from anyone including moderators since years. So what's the real mission?

That information was confirmed by ... John Randy Taraborrelli ...

Even a certain notorious gossip trash lover recently admitted that John Randy Taraborrelli is not a 100% trustworthy and reliable source, especially from the early 90's onwards. Ups, I think that was you.

Last edited:
My favourite track off Vince is Speechless - unsurprisingly, looks like that was the most popular choice. Love his vocals and his conviction on that.

What mjfrenzy says is true though. He was cancelling sessions for months on end and dragging out the recording process because his heart wasn't in it. It took 4 years, and with only a few songs he really worked on from start to finish this shows on the final album. Speechless and The Lost Children are the 2 true MJ songs on the album. The rest were presented to him and if he liked them they stayed.

This isn't mjfrenzys opinion, it's fact. Rodney Jerkins has confirmed this, Rock My World was presented to him essentially finished, in one of Rodneys video chats he even played a bit of the non MJ version.

If MJ was truly behind this album he would have actually written more then two tracks for it.

1.) Heaven Can Wait
2.) Butterflies
3.) Break of Dawn
4.) Unbreakable

My least favorite album but still has those gems.

For the time being my favorites are Speechless and Lost Children

I'm surprised Whatever Happens is at the top. It's not as underrated as I thought it was. That's my choice as well.
I've just played this album on repeat for a few days.

1. Whatever Happens
2. Butterflies
3. Don't Walk Away
4. YRMW
5. Break of Dawn
6. Speechless

I've always loved Speechless and The Lost Children. You can tell these are two MJ actually wrote. I love the album though even if it seemed his heart wasn't in it.

Had we have gotten the album MJ wanted to put out with Seeing Voices and Xcape I think it would rivaled History as his most personal and artistic album. With Blue Gangsta.

What other songs did Rodney do with him?

Back