Beyonce fans "among least intelligent."

xo_lola_xo

Proud Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...lligent-but-Beethoven-fans-are-cleverest.html

Beyonce fans 'among least intelligent but Beethoven fans are cleverest'

Your taste in music reflects your intelligence with fans of Beyonce among the most stupid and Beethoven listeners the cleverest, it is claimed.

Published: 11:01AM GMT 13 Mar 2009

Beyonce460_1295541c.jpg
Beyonce fans scored below average in exams, according to the findings Photo: REUTERS

Fans of Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z also ranked poorly in terms of IQ and lovers of rapper Lil' Wayne were deemed least intelligent.
The study was carried out by Virgil Griffiths, a PhD student in America, who compared students' scores in SAT exams with their favourite music acts and genres by analysing data on social networking sites.

Those who prefer indie music are most intelligent, while pop, rock and gospel fans were all ranked at the lower end of the scale.

Fans of legendary acts like Queen, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Frank Sinatra and Bob Marley are all around average and above when it comes to intelligence, according to Griffiths.

Radiohead, U2 and Bob Dylan all have intelligent fans, he said.

Fans of Beyonce, Timberlake and Jay-Z all tended to score below 1,000 on SAT scores, with the average being a mark of 1071 out of 1600.
Fans of Beethoven were way ahead of the rest with an average score of over 1300.

On his website, musicthatmakesyoudumb, Griffith describes the results of his study as "hilarity incarnate".

He introduces the test by saying: "I've listened to artists who after listening to I thought to myself 'Wow... loving this rubbish says a lot about someone and how much they got going on in their head'. Could one's musical tastes say something about intelligence?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Us MJ fans would beat the hell outta all of them if they included us then. :lol: :lol:

"lovers of rapper Lil' Wayne were deemed least intelligent."

:hysterical:

Wheh, glad I got some Beethoven on my MP3 player! I can't live without Symphony 7's Allegretto or the Ode to Joy.

.... ok, now.... *deleting Beyonce* :lol:

"lovers of rapper Lil' Wayne were deemed least intelligent."

:hysterical:

Wheh, glad I got some Beethoven on my MP3 player! I can't live without Symphony 7's Allegretto or the Ode to Joy.

.... ok, now.... *deleting Beyonce* :lol:

:lol: Don't wanna get stupid...

Oh yeah! Gotta get Beethoven on my phone!

Heh, I quite like Beyonce and Beethoven, wonder what that makes me, lol :)

first thing I sensed in this article was a racial undertone, excuse me for being frank about it.

I mostly listen to chopin,mozart, camille saint saens,debussy, MJ, some rock bands, motown and a couple of other artists while my friends listen to more popular acts LIKE Beyonce and lil wayne, and although we have extremely different tastes when it comes to music, my friends are about as smart as I am. We're all in an honors program in college. That's pretty darn intelligent for a couple of people that listen to the likes of beyonce and lil wayne.

Just saying. Its not fair to generalize people because of articles like this that subtly influence the subconcious.

Last edited:
first thing I sensed in this article was a racial undertone, excuse me for being frank about it.

I mostly listen to chopin,mozart, camille saint saens,debussy, MJ, some rock bands, motown and a couple of other artists while my friends listen to more popular acts LIKE Beyonce and lil wayne, and although we have extremely different tastes when it comes to music, my friends are about as smart as I am. We're all in an honors program in college. That's pretty darn intelligent for a couple of people that listen to the likes of beyonce and lil wayne.

Just saying. Its not fair to generalize people because of articles like this that subtly influence the subconcious.

I agree with you about this. I am so not cheering for this article really because of what you mention above. :(

Too tell the truth I hate the article.

some of the people laughing wouldn't be if it said Mike fans,:no: I hate it when people measure integiance from Music taste. Sounds too music snob to me. :(

Last edited:
some of the people laughing wouldn't be if it said Mike fans,:no: I hate it when people measure integiance from Music taste. Sounds too music snob to me. :(

Oh no, we wouldn't be named "among least intelligent" ; we'd be "among most crazy". :tease::doh:

I'm not taking this article as the gospel! But it's rather amusing. :lol:

I don't think anyone is taking it seriously. :) What's funny is how ridiculous it is.

:lol: This is hilarious! Don't take it so seriously, people.

Then again, anyone who listens to Video Phone will no doubt lose an ounce of their intelligence (and kill off their brain cells).

I kid. :ninja:

Back