Beyoncé Will Receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the 2014 MTV VMAs

Beyonce hasn't been popular for just this moment, shes been popular for like the last ten to 15 years. Theres not many artists out there now that have achieved what she has, shes been in the game for nearly 20 years and is still on top. How many artists do that? Certainly not a lot from the Beibers and what nots we have nowadays. While I am by no means a Beyonce "fan" and she gets on my tits, I do enjoy some of her music and I don't see any reason she should not get the award. Releasing an album and having videos for every track and releasing it without any promotion is a ballsy thing to do and while not all the videos are groundbreaking, they are not all shit, especially by todays standards.

There's this parody on SNL about someone not being a beyonce fan getting hunted and tracked down like a criminal by the Bey Police. LOL I think that's relatable right now.

Me and my sis actually watched her performance and her receiving the award and...though we were not surprised by how NOT creative or amazing her performance was, we were just saddened that what was displayed was considered an excellent performance. We were also saddened that after a performance like that, she is considered the 'best living artist." Sure, she probably is. But .....unfortunately that doesn't say much.

I did at one time generally admire beyonce, she has an AMAZING voice, but unfortunately - especially as of late - she's kinda fallen off the mark. And her videos have not been all that innovative or groundbreaking to me. Sure she has longevity on her side, I give her that. And i wouldn't know who else to give a Michael Jackson award too. So to me she kinda deserves it by default at the moment.

And considering Wrecking Ball won best video of the YEAR....MTV has lost all credibility lol.

Speaking about Beyonce, she posted a photo for Michael's birthday that got over 625,000 likes with the caption "We love you Michael." :)

Not saying her live concert performance wouldn't be really good but that includes performing the actual music that she recorded in the past and not the crap she has recorded recently which is all the performance at VMA'S was. It was horrible.
You're so right.It was.....For me watching and hearing that was tiresome.

Last edited:
Back