Blue Gangsta (New Production) streaming @MTV [Merged]

Re: Blue Gangsta Now Streaming @ MTV.com

His voiceeeee aaaaaaaahhhhh !!!!

Re: Blue Gangsta (New Production) streaming @MTV

Its a huge chalk and cheese track!! I personally like the idea they had for the track, the dark vibe, almost gangster rap track - it works! That said, having heard the original, it takes some getting used to for sure.
Probably my least favorite so far BUT far from awful.

What's with the tiny, light as a feather drum beat? Seriously, the thing that's letting these songs down is the lack of POWER! It needs to have a thumping beat.

Whats that? Instrumentals are in wrong key?
Never thought I could be that dissappointed by the Remakes..

The whole project started great. But thats just an amateur hiphop remix now..

Album won't sell much better than Michael I think :( Thankfully, no Malachy included but we kindly get the Demo versions. They should give me the multitrack. I even love my trap remix more.

I cant find the positive side on this production. Same with STTR. The instruments are just not in the right key to fit Michaels vocals...

I promise I will not talk shit about this 2 Songs in public but I have to tell you my opinion here.

BG is my fav so far! So dark and heavy, the horns are killing me!

This is waaay better than STTR and I really enjoy this remake!!!

Nothing will ever compare with the demo but this is imo really good.

Ive always loved BG and Im satisfied with what they came up with.

Last edited:
Dear lordy, the instruments are NOT in the 'wrong key'... If you're gonna be angry, please know your subject before spouting off!

Hrm, this is my least fav track so far. Sounds way too "modern hip-hop" for me. Haven't heard the original version but from people's comments I had high hopes for this track, pretty disappointed.
Looking forward to hearing the original though.

This is the type of "feel" that I feared we would get from Timbaland on the whole album, so I'm glad it's only proven true on one track so far. Ah well, maybe it'll grow on me.

hmm, gotta say I'm not a big fan of this one, I like the dark feel but the chords sound a bit weird and I miss the beat of the original. Oh well, thats why we have the originals. Plus I absolutely ADORE the other songs so far so I'm a happy chappy :)

Album won't sell much better than Michael I think :( Thankfully, no Malachy included but we kindly get the Demo versions. They should give me the multitrack. I even love my trap remix more.

You compare this to the Michael album? Really?

This release is way superior to that album! Not perfect, but nothing will be.

Wow I love this one also!! :D For me this album is amazing! I love all the songs on it, every version!

I need the heavy beats. Too industrial for my taste. I like the demos. Can't wait to hear those in high quality. :chillin: Still support the album. I hope it goes #1.

No, they're not in the wrong key, they just aren't strong enough for the vocals which accompany them. Period.

I have mixed feelings on this specific mix, because as said, the instruments just aren't strong enough to accompany Michael's vocals, but it isn't bad, the song. But I was also never that fond of the original version either, though I like it, and listen to it whenever it plays, it's one of the few MJ tracks I could do without. After hearing this, I just have no desire to hear it again.

Dear lordy, the instruments are NOT in the 'wrong key'... If you're gonna be angry, please know your subject before spouting off!

I also produce music and I am a perfectionist. And this versions sounds like a mashup with a hiphop-trap instrumental but not like a perfectly reworked new track..

Don't care about my opinion.. I see most fans are happy with STTR and BG :agree:

You compare this to the Michael album? Really?

This release is way superior to that album! Not perfect, but nothing will be.

Its a bad comparision you are right. I just cant describe my sadness about the missed opprtunity. They won't find much better multiracks any more and they just made this out of these treasures?

Will support the album anyways because I like the rest of the new versions.. but I dont expect that any non-fans will enjoy this album with these remakes like MJ fans do :/

The STANDARD VERSION should include the original work of MJ.

Will support the album anyways because I like the rest of the new versions.. but I dont expect that any non-fans will enjoy this album with these remakes like MJ fans do :/

Probably non-fans will enjoy the new mixes more than MJ fans do. It's obvious those new mixes are mainly directed towards the general public.

Okay just heard BG in stereo mode, and I have to say it blew me away! :D Its really good! :D I am making the same mistake again.. Guys these tracks are all meant to be blasted off your woofers! Then you will know the power :D this version makes up for the lack of beats because the bass is awesome :D
am into both versions now, demo + timbo :D

Last edited:
Probably non-fans will enjoy the new mixes more than MJ fans do. It's obvious those new mixes are mainly directed towards the general public.

Hopefully they get on with great promtion. Thankfully JT did his Job.
I am dissappointed now.

Don't forget, we are so used to leaked DEMOS that any new version will sound weird. Pretty sure that would be the same if MJ were here with us...

Whats that? Instrumentals are in wrong key?
Never thought I could be that dissappointed by the Remakes..

The whole project started great. But thats just an amateur hiphop remix now..

I cant find the positive side on this production. Same with STTR. The instruments are just not in the right key to fit Michaels vocals...

I promise I will not talk shit about this 2 Songs in public but I have to tell you my opinion here.

Please man...

Love the track but the beat is a bit hard to follow. Feels like my stereo can't keep up or something.

I'd donate a testicle to see video of him recording this song. THAT VOICE!

1st post BTW, so hi :)

I mean they are still ok. Dont get me wrong. But these could have been big hits.

they get 8 instead of 10 out of 10 from me, sadly.

From what I've heard (based on the snippets) it's 8 out of 8 (basically a 10 :lol: )

What's with the tiny, light as a feather drum beat? Seriously, the thing that's letting these songs down is the lack of POWER! It needs to have a thumping beat.

Agreed. That little drum beat is too repetitive, and honestly, a bit annoying. The leaked version had so much more power and feeling. This one is a bit lack-luster, for me.

Back