Hot topic Brad Sundberg Seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

Michael Prince is going to be the best source by far, if not, pretty close to it. He was MJ's main sound engineer for the last 11-12 years of his life so he's gonna have everything made in that time period. He also worked on TUC and they went through the whole vault for that project so who knows what else he has in hand. He'll certainly be able to answer plenty of questions.

I wanna know more about “Rich Girl” and “Colorblind.” That’s my big concern.
My main question is more generic, I'd ask either Brad Buxer or Michael Prince what was the last new song MJ had ever recorded vocals for, whether it's a mumbled vocal, a short verse, a chorus or an ad-lib. It would also be great if they played it for the audience.

Oh, and also if MJ recorded You Were There or the other songs that were listed in his notes that we have no information on, like Everybody Wants To Be A Movie Star, Breath, I Am That One, etc.

My main question is more generic, I'd ask either Brad Buxer or Michael Prince what was the last new song MJ had ever recorded vocals for, whether it's a mumbled vocal, a short verse, a chorus or an ad-lib. It would also be great if they played it for the audience.
I wouldn’t be surprised if playing new music ceased entirely. Seminar recordings and thefts likely changed the entire way they do things. Another user posted a breakdown of everything Brad did at a recent event, and it seems to consist wholly of leaked material—which in my opinion isn’t worth the price of admission.

I’d guess there will be a lot of discussion, some multitrack mixing, and maybe an instrumental or something of the sort.

I wouldn’t be surprised if playing new music ceased entirely. Seminar recordings and thefts likely changed the entire way they do things. Another user posted a breakdown of everything Brad did at a recent event, and it seems to consist wholly of leaked material—which in my opinion isn’t worth the price of admission.

I’d guess there will be a lot of discussion, some multitrack mixing, and maybe an instrumental or something of the sort.
Last year Brad Sundberg invited Steve Porcaro and they played Chicago 1945 for the audience, and that was when most of the songs Brad played on his seminars had leaked. It's unlikely that they'd play new music, but it's not totally impossible either.

Last year Brad Sundberg invited Steve Porcaro and they played Chicago 1945 for the audience, and that was when most of the songs Brad played on his seminars had leaked. It's unlikely that they'd play new music, but it's not totally impossible either.
True, but then the theft happened. Seminar recordings are one thing, but the potential that someone will show up and steal a whole hard drive full of music almost certainly affected things.

True, but then the theft happened. Seminar recordings are one thing, but the potential that someone will show up and steal a whole hard drive full of music almost certainly affected things.
It only means that their laptops won't be left unguarded. No one is gonna take the laptop unless someone is willing to wrestle with 4 middle aged men for it lol.

It only means that their laptops won't be left unguarded. No one is gonna take the laptop unless someone is willing to wrestle with 4 middle aged men for it lol.
Didn’t somebody who attended a recent seminar say that security measures hadn’t changed whatsoever, and that Brad’s current laptop was basically in an extraordinarily vulnerable spot? That plus the lack of new material gives off the impression that he’s safeguarding anything of high value.

Didn’t somebody who attended a recent seminar say that security measures hadn’t changed whatsoever, and that Brad’s current laptop was basically in an extraordinarily vulnerable spot?
Hmm, what are the odds LordJackson (probably in disguise) attending the June events?🤔

Even if there was a slightly chance for Lord Jackson to have access to the venue and steal another laptop I highly doubt that it will contain any unleaked material.

fixed this🤭
He better start training then.
Didn’t somebody who attended a recent seminar say that security measures hadn’t changed whatsoever, and that Brad’s current laptop was basically in an extraordinarily vulnerable spot? That plus the lack of new material gives off the impression that he’s safeguarding anything of high value.
Brad was watching over his laptop so it wasn't 100% unguarded. I agree that it's weird that there weren't more extreme safety measures though.

Did anyone here go to yesterday and today's seminars? Would anyone be able to tell us what was talked about in those seminars and if there was something they played?
They played the entire Invincible album multitracks (just acapella + ins.) plus In The Back, Beautiful Girl, Will You Be There, Stranger in Moscow and the 2008 mix of Hollywood Tonight.

They played the entire Invincible album multitracks (just acapella + ins.) plus In The Back, Beautiful Girl, Will You Be There, Stranger in Moscow and the 2008 mix of Hollywood Tonight.
Sweet! Was it the Invincible version of In The Back? And also, how different is the 2008 version compared to the one that leaked?

@MJJ Leaks, if you're attending todays seminar, could you please ask Matt Forger, whether "Buffalo Bill" was presented to Q or not. It would also be great to get an answer from Matt on what unreleased songs were worked on at Westlake during the Bad sessions
Yeah I second this! It'd be great to know what demo's Quincy was presented and which ones he worked on

Can you ask them if there are more unreleased songs from that period?
More than Get Your Weight Off Of Me (Jerkins) and Joy (Riley).
Songs from Jerkins like Cheater, Get Around, Kick It, Maybe We Can Do It (feat. P. Diddy), Pressure, The Pain
and Vibratonist from Riley
and Angel and Do You Love Me from Babyface
and Rise Above It All from Dr. Freeze
and Bio:

Last edited:
Yeah, I think we should emphasize unreleased songs. It seems like we’ve heard most of what there is to hear about album tracks. It’s best to clear up as many misconceptions as possible.
Songs from Jerkins like Cheater, Get Around, Kick It, Maybe We Can Do It (feat. P. Diddy), Pressure, The Pain
and Bio:
“Vibrationist,” “Angel,” “Do You Love Me,” and a fair number of the circulating Jerkins titles (I can’t remember which offhand) aren’t real.

and Bio:
Matt Forger will be the guest today and he won't be able to answer those, he didn't work on the Invincible album.

The 2008 version of Hollywood Tonight seems like a complete banger, I can't believe the estate wasted the most complete version just like that and went with a version that was over 10 years dated at that point. We knew they did that with a few songs on the Xscape album but it's surprising to me how they never bothered to do their research since the beginning, it's as if they used the 1991 version of BoJ instead of the most recent version. I really hope we get to hear the version MJ was more satisfied with someday.

Back