Hot topic Brad Sundberg Seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

Re: Brad Sundberg seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

In The Studio With Michael Jackson
3 hours ago

Bradx2 with special guests Michael Prince and Brian Vibberts was a huge success. What a crazy night of memories, music and laughter! Amazing group of guys and a fantastic room full of guests. My support team hit a home-run yet again! I'll post a review of the week this weekend, but a huge Thank You to everyone involved!

10416593_296844163822818_2201052666807517915_n.jpg

10301587_296844133822821_6801435963713132729_n.jpg

Latest from Brad:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In The Studio With Michael Jackson

Greetings!! The "Homecoming" events in LA last week were an amazing experience. I could not have done it without help from so many amazing people, including Amanda "Granny" Sundberg, Team Swag Emily, Donna and Charlene, special guests Steve Porcaro, Brad Buxer, Michael Prince and Brian Vibberts. The Slam Dunk Sisters, the Westlake Team, my Orlando video magicians (Brandon and Jeff) and my helpers from all over the globe (Christine, Nelly, Syd, Charles, Andy and Jenny) and the SIR Team - thank you all. Many others jumped in and helped as needed, and I am very grateful. Most of all, my guests make these seminars and get-togethers not just possible, but fun! We hosted guests from every continent (except Antarctica), too many countries and cities to list.

Can I be serious for a just a second? This little idea of the seminars was hatched just two years ago, and since then we have had more than 25 events in seven countries, met hundreds of amazing people and made many incredible friends from all over the globe. This, in my opinion, symbolizes what much of Michael's music was about: Bringing people together and celebrating life, love and friendship. I am truly humbled and excited to be a part of this, and it is so gratifying to see how far we have come in such a short time.

So what's next? Plans are in the works for the next series of seminars. I am looking at headed for the UK in the fall - possibly late September or early October. We will also be offering seminars in Orlando and New York this fall. Next summer we will likely be retuning to Europe with stops in Germany and Russia.

For now, I offer a sincere "Thank You" to everyone who helped make last week possible. Thank you for your very kind notes, comments and invites to bring "In The Studio With MJ" to your city. I am both humbled and excited by how well the seminars have been received and the many new friends I have met. Thanks for being part of the journey!

Onward,

Brad

@morinen Thank you for this article, i have shared it on FB waiting for the second one !! ;)

^ Great article and videos, thank you so much for sharing these- I really enjoyed them.

@Morinen

Thanks for the article. I really enjoy to read about Michael's creative process.

Which Songs was played?

Stop teasing, which song!? :D

Guess while I'm writing xD It's the 3rd Porcaro's song Michael recorded (out of three). Everyone knows the name, but very few have heard the song itself.

Guess while I'm writing xD It's the 3rd Porcaro's song Michael recorded (out of three). Everyone knows the name, but very few have heard the song itself.

Chicago 1945

oh, man, oh man!!

Always wanted to hear this track.. how were Michael's vocals? what were the lyrics like? was it the same pace as Al Capone? would love for you to write an in-depth review on what you heard, so envious...

Is it vocally complete song/releasable?

Yes, see the article :smilerolleyes:

Did you ask him if Michael re-recorded his vocals for 2000 Invincible re-worked version or is there only 1 vocal version and Michael worked with Rodney just on the new music and production?

He doesn't know. When the discussion about "Xscape" happened, he was apparently told that they may have a later version that wouldn't need his permission. But... It's not on the album. Maybe they didn't find it. Maybe it still bears his copyright. Or maybe they just decided that they would be better off renaming another song to "Chicago."

Last edited:

"Keeping him by keeping him around" in Human Nature? I'm going to have to run over to You Tube in another screen and listen to see if that's what I've been looking for-for YEARS now. I have been driven crazy for over 25 years because I can't figure out what Michael is singing in the background-I can hear the word "playground" I think-and that kinda fits in with Steve Porcaro's daughter's story-but gosh, I wish I had known he was going to be there and I could have gone, just to ask that.
I'm not kidding-I have searched for it on the web, asked Google, even tried to track down Darryl Phinnessee through DWTS to ask him-since I saw them rehearsing the Human Nature backgrounds in "This Is It".

Thank you so much for sharing this experience.

Thank you so much for the beautiful article morinen :) loved it :)

I can feel that experience by reading it :D

Glad you enjoyed the song along with the people who heard it..

Hope we all will hear the song someday ;)

morinen;4026623 said:
Meeting Steve Porcaro and hearing “Chicago 1945”:
http://www.michaeljackson.ru/eng/steve-porcaro-chicago-1945/

beautiful article morinen! adored reading it, and tbh after the first contract is over i think they should release the tracks how Michael left them.. producers have the right to feel agitated.. and i know fans do prefer Michael's original creations deep down! let's hope it happens :)

Thanks for the great review morinen. An absolute joy to read.

morinen;4026623 said:
Meeting Steve Porcaro and hearing “Chicago 1945”:
http://www.michaeljackson.ru/eng/steve-porcaro-chicago-1945/
Amazing, thank you, morinen. Wish I could've been there. Chicago 1945 is now one of my most wanted MJ songs.

barbee0715;4026628 said:
"Keeping him by keeping him around" in Human Nature? I'm going to have to run over to You Tube in another screen and listen to see if that's what I've been looking for-for YEARS now. I have been driven crazy for over 25 years because I can't figure out what Michael is singing in the background-I can hear the word "playground" I think-and that kinda fits in with Steve Porcaro's daughter's story-but gosh, I wish I had known he was going to be there and I could have gone, just to ask that.
I'm not kidding-I have searched for it on the web, asked Google, even tried to track down Darryl Phinnessee through DWTS to ask him-since I saw them rehearsing the Human Nature backgrounds in "This Is It".

Thank you so much for sharing this experience.
I know, right!? I always just thought he sang some gibberish, always managed to make out"...arouuuund", now we know.

Yeah, I never knew what he was singing there either! Cool to know.

"Sheskeepinim BY keepinim... ay-round" :lol: MJ never made it easy.

beautiful article morinen! adored reading it, and tbh after the first contract is over i think they should release the tracks how Michael left them.. producers have the right to feel agitated.. and i know fans do prefer Michael's original creations deep down! let's hope it happens :)

New and old is the right way to go. New for the radios, originals for the fans.

New and old is the right way to go. New for the radios, originals for the fans.

You don't get what Pocaro means, obviously.. he doesn't want it remixing at all. Until it's released in it's original demo form with no remix version, we won't hear it. And i agree with him, releases should be that exact way.

Thank you so much for your article, morinen. I have attended the last of the Homecoming seminars on June 26th, too. It was my absolute highlight during my trip to the US for MJ week. It was incredible to listen to Brad's and Steve's memories in the amazing sourrondings of Westlake Studio D. I was absolutely speechless and immediately started to cry when Steve started to play Chicago 1945 in its entire length!!! I would have never imagined to hear something so precious like this. It simply blew me away. Big thanks to Steve for this amazing surprise! I immediately loved the song. Michael's lyrics were so powerful.

I wonder if this track has been played during the other Homecoming seminars, too?

You don't get what Pocaro means, obviously.. he doesn't want it remixing at all. Until it's released in it's original demo form with no remix version, we won't hear it. And i agree with him, releases should be that exact way.

No. It should not. Bad25 proved that.

I was talking about releases in general, not 1 song. If he refuses to release it re-mixed THEN it should be released as the original version only on some type of box set.

But new albums of previously unreleased material like MICHAEL and Xscape must have both versions: originals for the fans and new versions for radio. LNFSG proved that.

Back