Branca: Unreleased Music Unlikely in the Foreseeable Future

Bringing Brighter Days;4176020 said:
wait, you believed that that 2 seas project was really going to happen?

According to reports, one of the first projects of Two Seas Records was to release (in early 2006) MJ’s Hurricane Katrina charity song ‘I Have This Dream’ (a track that MJ co-wrote with Carole Bayer Sager & David Foster some years before).

Also, an upcoming release of that all-star charity song (under Two Seas Records) was confirmed by the owner of that label at that time:

“… The record [‘I Have This Dream’] is coming along great. We've been taking our time to perfect it and mix it… Michael did a wonderful track… This is [‘I Have This Dream’] a raindrop before the thunderstorm… He [MJ] is getting ready to come out with a lot of bells and whistles… ” (Sheik Abdullah bin Hamad Al Khalifa, owner of Two Seas Records)

MJ did not retire after ‘Invincible’ (contrary to what you want to believe).

Where you there in the studio with MJ to say that he created so many tacks as to release 10 good studio albums after 2009? I would say that Branca is probably right, all releasable songs are already either released or leaked and thats all.

MJ did indeed record many songs, but they are either unrelesasable or unfinished....

I personally do not care about songs. I care about concerts!!!

I want History tour in cinemas!!!!!!

Last edited:
You all need to use the ignore button on the two posters who do nothing but court reactions by their intentional postings in most threads they enter

And people need to stop quoting those people lol. I can still see their comments even though I have the morons blocked haha

mj_frenzy;4176027 said:
According to reports, one of the first projects of Two Seas Records was to release (in early 2006) MJ’s Hurricane Katrina charity song ‘I Have This Dream’ (a track that MJ co-wrote with Carole Bayer Sager & David Foster some years before).

Also, an upcoming release of that all-star charity song (under Two Seas Records) was confirmed by the owner of that label at that time:

“… The record [‘I Have This Dream’] is coming along great. We've been taking our time to perfect it and mix it… Michael did a wonderful track… This is [‘I Have This Dream’] a raindrop before the thunderstorm… He [MJ] is getting ready to come out with a lot of bells and whistles… ” (Sheik Abdullah bin Hamad Al Khalifa, owner of Two Seas Records)

MJ did not retire after ‘Invincible’ (contrary to what you want to believe).

2 seas records was like a group of fans here deciding to start a label of their own

the label was a joint venture between MJ and that Bahranian prince, the label didn't even exist before then

MJ had to go that route because he had trouble being offered a recording deal with prominent, established, longstanding record labels

what I'm saying is, he was known for releasing full fledge studio albums that requires much preparation for

after Invincible, he was finished with that entire concept

when 2 seas was formed, media reported he was working on his first full studio album since Invincible. I didn't believe that at all.

Then it went from a studio album to a charity record, that right there indicate that joint venture wasn't going to last long

they been saying that since 2006, this almost 2017 coming up

MJ died in 2009... That made a natural stop to his abilities to make new music.... Sure had he not died he would have made more music.

In his house there was a paper with a list of songs he wanted to finish/record. - So very very obviously he was not retired.

2 seas records was like a group of fans here deciding to start a label of their own

the label was a joint venture between MJ and that Bahranian prince, the label didn't even exist before then

MJ had to go that route because he had trouble being offered a recording deal with prominent, established, longstanding record labels

what I'm saying is, he was known for releasing full fledge studio albums that requires much preparation for

after Invincible, he was finished with that entire concept

when 2 seas was formed, media reported he was working on his first full studio album since Invincible. I didn't believe that at all.

Then it went from a studio album to a charity record, that right there indicate that joint venture wasn't going to last long

I don't see why the project should not be real. - The owner of the 2 Seas was extremely rich... Like Ibrahimovich buying a football club because he liked footbal.

If I was a multi billionaire and as huge a MJ fan as I am - I would very much like to spend many millions on a MJ album... - No doubt. So I don't think the project was never a real thing...

He had trouble being offered a record deal??? He left America after what he went through, partly on the advice of his lawyer to leave Neverland because Sneddon would eventually come after him again and also to rebuild his life.

The venture with the prince was probably a few things, to repay him for his hospitality towards him and his children and also for him to work. I'm sure the recoding facility was pretty great given the wealth of the prince. Even if MJ never really planned on releasing music with two seas (which he probably wasn't) he was biding his time giving the prince the impression he had every intention of recording an album for him, whilst at the same time allowing him to work on songs, and to gather his thoughts and give himself and his kids a little peace.

Here in Ireland MJ was working in one of the best studios in the country. The timing of Thriller 25 was actually a good thing for him and a way to gauge interest as to whether or not he could still sell albums, of course he could and his fanbase were still here.

I don't know where the idea comes from that he retired after Invincible. He was making a video for One More Chance and the TV special Number Ones aired to tie-in with the Number One's album (it's one of MJ's latter day biggest sellers actually).

You are aware of 2003 to 2005??? Plus another 2 years to rebuild his life, health and confidence and also rear his children. You don't honestly expect that he continued going to the studio during those years or stepping on a stage to sing and dance do you? Give the man a break like. He was a workaholic and addicted to making music. Life is something that happens while you're busy making other plans.

There was no retirement, just a horrendous few years that destroyed him. You cannot play that down as if it was irelivant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm talking specifically about the songs. Much of the tracks that were released from both posthumous releases were the most complete (i.e. melody, vocals etc) they could use. I think it's mostly speculation about other tracks being near completion and sufficient enough to be released. i.e "Chicago 1945", "Men In Black" etc

He may have done hundreds of songs, but who wants to hear mumbling scratch vocals on an official release?

Can you stop copying and pasting people's posts from other forums? Thanks.

Anyway, I really don't think this is a bad thing. There may even not be that much left that's releasable. I think we should remember they want to keep this going as long as possible. So they're going to spread it out over as long a time as possible. The releases so far have been handled very poorly. Maybe they need to take a break and come back..

He had trouble being offered a record deal??? He left America after what he went through, partly on the advice of his lawyer to leave Neverland because Sneddon would eventually come after him again and also to rebuild his life.

The venture with the prince was probably a few things, to repay him for his hospitality towards him and his children and also for him to work. I'm sure the recoding facility was pretty great given the wealth of the prince. Even if MJ never really planned on releasing music with two seas (which he probably wasn't) he was biding his time giving the prince the impression he had every intention of recording an album for him, whilst at the same time allowing him to work on songs, and to gather his thoughts and give himself and his kids a little peace.

Here in Ireland MJ was working in one of the best studios in the country. The timing of Thriller 25 was actually a good thing for him and a way to gauge interest as to whether or not he could still sell albums, of course he could and his fanbase were still here.

I don't know where the idea comes from that he retired after Invincible. He was making a video for One More Chance and the TV special Number Ones aired to tie-in with the Number One's album (it's one of MJ's latter day biggest sellers actually).

You are aware of 2003 to 2005??? Plus another 2 years to rebuild his life, health and confidence and also rear his children. You don't honestly expect that he continued going to the studio during those years or stepping on a stage to sing and dance do you? Give the man a break like. He was a workaholic and addicted to making music. Life is something that happens while you're busy making other plans.

There was no retirement, just a horrendous few years that destroyed him. You cannot play that down as if it was irelivant.

when SONY EPIC/MJ ended their 30 year partnership, after Sony spend 30 million to product Invincible, and another 30 million to promote it, that was in late 2001/early 2002, 3 years before that trial hit and in between that time, especially right after the contract w/Sony was rescinded, he had trouble getting a record deal then

MJ had no plans releasing any bonafide music with 2 seas.....that was strictly PR.....I didn't beleive anything would materialize......not to say that he wasn't working on anything per se in relation to low scale projects but as far as a full fledge studio album of new material....that ended w/Invincible

The Number Ones was a compilation album

This is why I knew those 02 concerts wouldn't materialize.......because the trajectory of his career that preceded the announcement for these shows spoke volumes

when he didn't perform at the 06 world music awards (which was going to be apparent), that was yet another indicator his heart wasn't really in it.

For me, after that trial, there was nothing else to prove because it had already been proven years ago....MJ really should have shut it down and chilled out

Thriller 25 was a gimme considering the timing of the anniversary that was approaching in remembrance of the official release

Last edited:
when SONY EPIC/MJ ended their 30 year partnership, that was in late 2001/early 2002, 3 years before that trial hit and in between that time, especially right after the contract w/Sony was rescinded, he had trouble getting a record deal then

MJ had no plans releasing any bonafide music with 2 seas.....that was strictly PR.....I didn't beleive anything would materialize......not to say that he wasn't working on anything per se in relation to low scale projects but as far as a full fledge studio album of new material....that ended w/Invincible

The Number Ones was a compilation album

This is why I knew those 02 concerts wouldn't materialize.......because the trajectory of his career that preceded the announcement for these shows spoke volumes

when he didn't perform at the 06 world music awards (which was going to be apparent), that was yet another indicator his heart wasn't really in it.

For me, after that trial, there was nothing else to prove because it had already been proven years ago....MJ really should have shut it down and chilled out

Thriller 25 was a gimme considering the timing of the anniversary that was approaching in remembrance of the official release

I agree with you about Two Sea's. I think if MJ really had the intention of releasing an album he would have wanted the budget and backing of a major label. He did re-establish a relationship with Sony though.

He said a few times he was retiring from music, he said he was retiring in 89 after the Bad era so I don't think hindsight is always accurate, actually I don't think it's every fully accurate at all as its all 'If only he did this or that, or hadn't done this or that' Life can only be lived in real time and had MJ passed after the Bad era we can't really say 'that was it anyway. He was retired' a Michael Jackson is never really retired because they always become hungry to create.

I'm sure had 2003 never happened there would have been another album. Perhaps more than a few fans feel This Is It was never going to happen, there's certainly an inevitability about it given what was going on behind the scenes but post 2005 he was distraught and by 2009 still not physically or mentally ready to get back on the stage. He was working on music though and in all probability would have released an album at some point given the warm reception for T25 and the KOP compilation.

Regarding Branca, the more I consider this interview it's most definitely a power play and a little hard ball also to the likes of Will-I-Am, a little role reversal 'not only 'we don't need your tracks, we don't WANT your tracks!' I'm beginning to see this as a power move and also it is time to leave us starve a little. We've had more than our share of quality tracks the past few years.

Michael's reluctance to perform is not an indicator that a new album wouldn't have materialized. Keep in mind that he swore off live performing after every tour he ever embarked on. He's spoken about his hatred of touring and performing before.

There have been dozens of reliable narrators speaking between 2006 and 2009 about the music Michael was writing/recording and his intent to complete a new album - Michael Prince, RedOne, will.i.am, Neff-U, Brad Buxer, Dr. Freeze, Cory Rooney, DJ Whoo Kid, StarGate, Akon, Sheikh Abdullah of Bahrain, Teddy Riley, Rodney Jerkins, and Kenny Ortega to name a few.

I have little doubt that a new album would have resulted during or after the London shows. It certainly wouldn't have come with the hurrah or excitement that previous albums did, but there would have been something.

Man, didn't you get the memo?!

There were at least 24 (twenty four) songs in consideration for the Xcsape album.
And all of those 24 songs fulfilled the high standards set by LA Reid.
So there are at least 16 songs in a complete enough state, that they also could have landed on Xscape.

Yeah, being considered for the album means what? I believe that they weren't releasable, there done.

Can you stop copying and pasting people's posts from other forums? Thanks.

It's really amazing that this is word for word what someone else said on a forum you stalk.

http://bit.ly/2gEvsVn

Can you critique the point and not the messenger, thank you.

Yeah, being considered for the album means what? I believe that they weren't releasable, there done.

You seem to fail the easiest tasks. How about reading & maybe afterwards processing the information?
Those 24 songs all fulfilled the same standards.

Added to ignore list, as this rox guy has also been.

Last edited:
It was pretty obvious on Xscape that the reason behind the song selections was to officially put out the songs that had been circulating online for years prior. Xscape, Slave To The Rhythm, A Place With No Name, Blue Gangsta, LNFSG and DYKWYCA were all leaked YEARS before Xscape (the album) came out. The only unheard material to diehard fans was Chicago and Loving You.

The officially party-line of LA Reid using the strongest tracks with complete vocals etc was just that; a party line. I think it's pretty obvious that these songs were chosen to keep as many previously unheard ones back as possible for future releases.

Of course you could very well be right about this "party-line". Or to use another word: Marketing.

Nonetheless they choose those eight songs out of 24 which would have been equally as releasable. That was the point i was trying to make, i.e. there are more releasable songs left & there is no scraping the barrel at this point.

Next thing: Every Note & every word MJ sings, is of the highest value to me. As others have stated before, Michael could sing the ABC backwards & i would be happy to own it as a recording. I even have his voice training with Seth Riggs in my iTunes library.

I love 'Days In Gloucestershire' & 'People Of The World' for example. I love 'Beautiful Girl' & Fall Again'. I love ALL versions & mixes of 'Hollywood Tonight', especially the raw demo with all it's unusual sounds & Michaels Harmonies where he wanted to put the bridge.

I want all that stuff. For me it's never enough with Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
I agree with you about Two Sea's. I think if MJ really had the intention of releasing an album he would have wanted the budget and backing of a major label. He did re-establish a relationship with Sony though.
----------------

Testimony from the lawsuit showed the prince reeled mj. offered him sanctuary after the trial said ill take care of u its all on my. Then pulled out the 2seas company and given what the prince had done for him mj couldnt say no. Guy whts his name testifyed about the lack of excistance of the label

Thank you MattyJam and AlwaysThere for your comprehension and informed awareness. Otherwise Azzatakabob and BringingBrighterDays have no idea what they are talking about and are making stuff up. They are completely misleading on information.

Thank you MattyJam and AlwaysThere for your comprehension and informed awareness. Otherwise Azzatakabob and BringingBrighterDays have no idea what they are talking about and are making stuff up. They are completely misleading on information.

How am I being misleading

I know it will NEVER happen, but I would love to see Moonwalker released in cinemas. Smooth Criminal on the big screen would be fantastic

May I ask what on earth your talking about? Making stuff up??? Misleading on information? And thanks once again for the personal insult on the name, I'm growing fond it, may even change my name to Azzatakabob, it's got a nice ring to it.

----------------

Testimony from the lawsuit showed the prince reeled mj. offered him sanctuary after the trial said ill take care of u its all on my. Then pulled out the 2seas company and given what the prince had done for him mj couldnt say no. Guy whts his name testifyed about the lack of excistance of the label
I also read about the 2seas venture on Making Michael and although I can't remember the specifics on it I agree, don't think MJ was ever really going to do an album with that situation.

Can you critique the point and not the messenger, thank you.
It's not your point to make when you're not the messenger.

You were banned from that forum for a reason, yet you continue to access it and plagiarize members statements on here? What a sad life you must lead.

It's not your point to make when you're not the messenger.

You were banned from that forum for a reason, yet you continue to access it and plagiarize members statements on here? What a sad life you must lead.
It is utterly bizzar that a person would take the words of other fans and post them/ pass them off as their own. Utterly ridiculous and completey wrong.

It is utterly bizzar that a person would take the words of other fans and post them/ pass them off as their own. Utterly ridiculous and completey wrong.
Psycho-niff is a repeat offender. Not to mention the dozens of accounts he's made.

**** that ! Give me a time machine, I'm going to 2075 for the next album.

I'd like to have all his full-length short films remastered in high-definition for the Blu-Ray market, or even 4K. I don't know the specifics, but I assumed Michael's extreme attention to detail would mean all of those were shot on film instead of videotape. They managed to do a region-free version of "Moonwalker", so why not the short films?

Back