Branca: Unreleased Music Unlikely in the Foreseeable Future

If they're more interested in taking unreleased material and remixing it, it causes an issue as they need co-writers or co-producers to sign off, which is why Chicago 1945 wasn't considered for Xscape (Steve Porcaro didn't approve). Another factor is we don't know how much material Michael retired after 2002.

They do have unreleased songs and demos that go back to at least 1976-1978

2 seas records was like a group of fans here deciding to start a label of their own

the label was a joint venture between MJ and that Bahranian prince, the label didn't even exist before then

MJ had to go that route because he had trouble being offered a recording deal with prominent, established, longstanding record labels

what I'm saying is, he was known for releasing full fledge studio albums that requires much preparation for

after Invincible, he was finished with that entire concept

when 2 seas was formed, media reported he was working on his first full studio album since Invincible. I didn't believe that at all.

Then it went from a studio album to a charity record, that right there indicate that joint venture wasn't going to last long

Tbh, 2Seas was actually around longer than that. There's articles from around 2004 where it mentions Jermaine Jackson as having dealings with it and trying to put a charity song together for the tsunami victims. Also, the deal Mike had with the Prince was never signed. So I don't know how much that's worth.

^Words are neither copyrighted nor owned in anyway by anyone. So be gone, bye.

^Oh, so I see you unblocked me now....

How else would I find out what they are saying in other forums?

Anyway, I think this is BS from Branca. They've seen the money Xscape brought in. They will make a shocking announcement at some point about a "new" album and create a buzz around.

Or maybe they've realised that they have really created a divide in opinions among the genuine fanbase and they are thinking of the artist rather than the product, but I seriously doubt this.

^Words are neither copyrighted nor owned in anyway by anyone. So be gone, bye.

Books? I imagine the particular order of words JK Rowling used to create the various Harry Potter books are copyrighted...

Anyway, I think this is BS from Branca. They've seen the money Xscape brought in. They will make a shocking announcement at some point about a "new" album and create a buzz around.

Or maybe they've realised that they have really created a divide in opinions among the genuine fanbase and they are thinking of the artist rather than the product, but I seriously doubt this.

My guess is that he realises there's only so much unreleased material Michael has that is of a releasable quality, and he wishes to stretch out how long he can release it.

My guess is that he realises there's only so much unreleased material Michael has that is of a releasable quality, and he wishes to stretch out how long he can release it.

Yeah, we'll get something in 2018/19 maybe, something quite like Xscape.

Then it's only a matter of time before a duet's album happens.

Yeah, we'll get something in 2018/19 maybe, something quite like Xscape.

Then it's only a matter of time before a duet's album happens.
Funny you say that, I was only thinking of the possibility of a duets album lastnight and thinking in my head of all the old duets he did. I'm guessing your talking about an album of NEW duets? Inevitable at some point I would imagine.

Funny you say that, I was only thinking of the possibility of a duets album lastnight and thinking in my head of all the old duets he did. I'm guessing your talking about an album of NEW duets? Inevitable at some point I would imagine.

Yeah, half completed songs with maybe a few known songs, maybe with different takes. I dunno. I's hard to know what the Estate's long term plans are with his material.

innuendo141;4176494 said:
Yeah, half completed songs with maybe a few known songs, maybe with different takes. I dunno. I's hard to know what the Estate's long term plans are with his material.
Absolutely agree about not knowing what this estate will do next. Branca made it quite clear that their into the whole branding thing and a duets album would certainly fit the mould. We already know the artists, JT, JB, Beyoncé, Usher, The Weekend, Gaga etc. Could sell a million given those artists fan bases?

There's a ton of material left to release. They're certainly spreading it all out.

What confuses me is what Orianthi has to do with this. A few months ago someone close to her revealed that she was involved with a new project... so perhaps next year's project IS an album, but that's the last one for some time?

I wouldn't mind a duets album. Everybody is doing it anyway especially legacy artists.

I just want Bruno Mars's group to produce the next one.

I forgot Bruno! I knew I'd forget someone! I love what Bruno's doing at moment.

Could have a deluxe edition with a second disc of duets from his lifetime. Innuendo would love that. Not! :lol:

True about other legacy artists. The Elvis with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra albums have done quite well.

Duet work is only a matter of time.. With all the unfinished work that is basically unreleasable because of missing portions of the song.. That will be filled up by others!

I wish one of the projects would be the triumph tour fully released. The footage shown in Spike lee's doc is golden. The audio sounds like it came from multitracks.

I wouldn't mind a duets album if I thought the Estate would pick people worthwhile. But I guarantee they wouldn't.

I'd love to live my life without hearing another Bieber/Pitbull feature on an MJ song, and I'll be livid the day Lil Wayne, Adele, Beyonce, Pharrell, Drake or anyone in their mold came close to him.

wouldn't mind a duets album if I thought the Estate would pick people worthwhile. But I guarantee they wouldn't.
---------
agree it could be really good but considering how low end most artists are today compaired to back in the day.And you can imagine the amount of internal combustion that will go on in sections of the fan community when names of those artists involved come out! lol.

Pitbull needs to go away lol!! not just stay away from Michael.. I cannot stand him haha

If, and more likely when, the aforementioned names are the ones most likely to appear or atleast be on Branca & Co's most wanted list. As he says, their more into branding, and these are the artists that will sell albums. I wouldn't mind a disc with lifetime duets also; Get It with Stevie, Say Say Say, State of Shock featuring Freddie and any rarities collected together. Of course, that won't be happening because of the usual "have to pay The Jacksons and usual red-tape" excuses of not wanting to pay out.

Before anyone comes in here and perpetuates the idea that this is actually happening, We should say we're speaking about this "hypothetically!!!"

Duets album will be fine by me but I know most MJ fans would have an issue with the artists the Estate would choose but I wouldn't.

If they don't have material like fully finished songs to their satisfaction (because if songs like Loving You or I'm So Blue are considered unfinished, I'd gladly take those any day lol) then they can do releases like Bob Dylan does with his "The Bootleg Series" collection, and it would get fans to actually buy it without having to worry if they were going to have to deal with remixes lol It wouldn't have to be JUST studio recordings, but rehearsal recordings, live performances. They can also re-release certain projects to rectify certain flaws that occurred with previous releases
Imagine a series like this....

Volume One: The Studio Sessions 1976-1981 [Compiled from those particular years aside from his sessions for Off The Wall]

Volume Two: Live at Wembley (July 15-16, 1988) [Standalone re-release of the Wembley live album but compiled from both shows and better mixing as many said the vocals and certain tracks like the bass and drums were lacking in power]

Volume Three: The Studio Recordings 1983-1986 [Compiled from the sessions Michael held in Hayvenhurst and Allen Zentz Studio as well as various locations in Orlando, New York, Los Angeles, Montreal, and Miami]

Volume Three: Live in 1987 [Compiled from the Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney concerts]

Volume Four: Live and Dangerous [Compiled from the Dangerous Tour]

Volume Five: The Thriller Recordings

Volume Six: Recording Sessions 1988-1991 [Compiled from the sessions leading up to Dangerous]

and DVD/Video releases for his concerts, a better release of Vision, and maybe even a new hits package

As I understand they’ve decided to release Xscape with certain songs not just because they have full vocals but because it shows that Michael cared for those songs. So main criteria is Michael, not just full vocals. With this logic to say that the duet album is a good idea is not right, IMO. Then there would be a question not only what song to release but also what artist to work with. And there’s no Michael to help with this.

Anyway, Xscape also mostly has those songs that were leaked before and IMO it was made intentionally for a reason.

So I think that next few years they will work on Michael’s actual work, rebranding it or whatever they call it. And as for me that is a great news! IMO, that is exactly what everyone needs, fans and new audience.

I thought that with the Xscape successes they will slow down on this, very happy to be wrong and hope they will make it right.
Michael really deserves this rebranding; his works deserve it! And it is much more important than any unreleased music, IMO.

My biggest curiosity is the material he was recording from 2005 onward. Whether or not there's a surplus of vocals, I'm interested in seeing the direction Michael was leaning towards. The handwritten list in his bedroom gives a clue, but titles like "Lady of Summer," "Rock Tonight," "Shut Up and Dance," and "Everybody Wants to Be a Movie Star" pique my interest.

Given all that's going on in the world today, I don't quite understand why the estate has yet to release "I Have This Dream" as a charity single (licensing rights perhaps?) or even reissue "What More Can I Give".

So many missed opportunities.

wouldn't mind a duets album if I thought the Estate would pick people worthwhile.But I guarantee they wouldn't.
---------
agree it could be really good but considering how low end most artists are today compaired to back in the day.And you can imagine the amount of internal combustion that will go on in sections of the fan community when names of those artists involved come out! lol.

My MAIN problem with a duets only album would be the inevitable and dumb as hell media and multi-fanbase reaction of "So and so sounded better on that song then MJ himself! They're better then MJ!"
And we all know that shit would happen.
The media and other fanbases stay trying MJ's status as the GOAT as it is.
They don't need any incentive via something like a duets album.
10PcMWwtZSYk2k.gif

Edit: Lastly, don't think for a second that us MJfans are the only fanbase that would have a problem with duets.
I know for a FACT that MANY other fanbases for both current artists and artists from the past would flip the f*** out if they found out that their fave was collaborating/dueting with another artist they don't like.

Oh, and judging by who they picked for Xscape I agree with the bolded.:)

Last edited:
Back