"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Breaking News" All Discussion Here [Merged]

That was quite the enlightening post mfcx42,
things sort of make sense now...

tell me about it... I should be doing my literature review.... :ermm:

I said the other day in a post how ironic it is that the first time in 6 weeks I decided to do some work, Michael's album should be announced and all this kicks off with it.

Believe me, my F5 key has not seen so much action in forever! Every 2 minutes...F5...F5...F5...OOOH!...F5...F5...F5...Makes cup of tea/coffee...F5...F5...

:)

I said the other day in a post how ironic it is that the first time in 6 weeks I decided to do some work, Michael's album should be announced and all this kicks off with it.

Believe me, my F5 key has not seen so much action in forever! Every 2 minutes...F5...F5...F5...OOOH!...F5...F5...F5...Makes cup of tea/coffee...F5...F5...

Same here!!!
:hysterical:

(I keep procrastinating....)
Ok, lets get some sleep.
Otherwise, well get even (more) crazy (if possible....)

nite all!

I think our F5's have seen even more action they day TII shows tickets went on sale :p

Same here!!!
:hysterical:

(I keep procrastinating....)
Ok, lets get some sleep.
Otherwise, well get even (more) crazy (if possible....)

nite all!

It's the best pass time ;) haha
Yes, I think that's a very wise idea as I have a train to catch in the morning.

Goodnight everyone!
Love to you all :)

I think our F5's have seen even more action they day TII shows tickets went on sale :p

Very true.
I just hope mine doesn't stop working! :)

oh, guys, just quick question: do we know when Too Much Soon was recorded?

Re: Regarding the news from the past couple of days....

Shcaffels documentarry was a millions times better than Oprah's interviews !
i hate him ofcourse but , i just felt the need to clarify this!

Thanks for the fake songs Electric.

the whole situation is a joke....maybe this was the plan when Michael was here, probably his plan for all we know (to combat privacy and downloading...remember Will.I.Am discussing how he talked with Michael about it) but considering the circumstances I think its unfair to the fans.

Just give us the real stuff, I don't know who they are trying to fool.

Teddy Riley, seriously. We get it....but it's not that funny.

Re: Do You Think "Breaking News" + other Cascio songs will be left out of MICHAEL due to controversy

I really really hope they'll remove them from the album, this is just horrible. :(

the whole situation is a joke....maybe this was the plan when Michael was here, probably his plan for all we know (to combat privacy and downloading...remember Will.I.Am discussing how he talked with Michael about it) but considering the circumstances I think its unfair to the fans.

Just give us the real stuff, I don't know who they are trying to fool.

Teddy Riley, seriously. We get it....but it's not that funny.

No.....just......no.

Re: Regarding the news from the past couple of days....

144,000 and yaazgurl what you both wrote was amazing and should be pinned somewhere. I am saddened by the events of the last few days but this in no way causes me to think any differently of Michael. He has and always will have my utmost respect and admiration. How he handled the adversity in his life with grace,dignity and love is the example I look to as I try to live my life. I will be throwing snow balls in hell before I am ever disappointed in Michael Jackson. Never never ever!
Michael has nothing to prove to me. If I had lived his life I could only hope that I would still cling to all that is good in this world like he did. But some how I doubt it. They would have broken my spirit and I would be one of those people you cross the street to avoid!!

I am disappointed in the actions of the people in Michaels life but after seeing again what he had to put up with(probably on a daily basis!) I only love him more because he chose to rise above all of the hate and simply...love

Oh my God Michael I love YOU more. Forever and always

No.....just......no.

It has gone all wrong if it was their plan.

I just refuse to believe Teddy Riley is telling the truth and his honest opinion, his ears are gold.

Just for example......BlackStreet - 'Money Can't Buy Me Love' The Beatles Cover.

Those harmonies and you believe it's really MJ?

hmmmmmm.........

carry on sounds like michael, sounds like his voice from this is it, especially the walk away part, and the song sounds good and michael-y

I don't think it sounds good at all, it's horrible IMO. I guess that's a matter of opinion, but nah..that ain't Mike.

So, can anyone quickly provide an update as to where we're at? I'm at work and it's tricky for me to browse all the posts to find out what's happening.

i REALLY can't tell on carry on. i go back and forth with that one. All i need is a definite fake. and obviously, breaking news is too.

IF this is all a game, or some incredible viral marketing strategy, i can't say i've ever been more addicted to the internet and constantly refreshing and listening and RE-listening. i would be furious if they were just playing with us--but also kind of relieved. they're either REALLY really stupid or evil geniuses. i'm going with stupid . . .

It has gone all wrong if it was their plan.

I just refuse to believe Teddy Riley is telling the truth and his honest opinion, his ears are gold.

Just for example......BlackStreet - 'Money Can't Buy Me Love' The Beatles Cover.

Those harmonies and you believe it's really MJ?

hmmmmmm.........

Really though, it COULD have been a plan of Michael and Sony, but NOT like how it's going now. Sony is completely effin' over the fans with this, i am sure Mike would never ever wanted that.

I don't think it sounds good at all, it's horrible IMO. I guess that's a matter of opinion, but nah..that ain't Mike.

horrible? i think this awsome dance track would be a hit on all radio stations. on the level of all other artists, not Michael.

and it's not Michael . it's someone else singing that's trying their best to sound like him, but just couldn't pull it through 100%.

If some like justin timberlake sang this song and this track was HIS, i would love it. simply becaue of the melody and nice instruments.

What I HATE is not the song, but the DESTRUCTION of Michael by hiring a sound alike to sing for him. Here we were months ago, hoping they weren't going to use autotune. And now they've done something so far worse.

i REALLY can't tell on carry on. i go back and forth with that one. All i need is a definite fake. and obviously, breaking news is too.

IF this is all a game, or some incredible viral marketing strategy, i can't say i've ever been more addicted to the internet and constantly refreshing and listening and RE-listening. i would be furious if they were just playing with us--but also kind of relieved. they're either REALLY really stupid or evil geniuses. i'm going with stupid . . .

I think I can hear a little Michael in Carry On but a lot of someone else. I didn't hear anything that sounded like Michael on All I Need. Breaking News does have some Michael vocals, but the verses are not sung by him, imo.

I feel the same way, this must be some kind of joke or publicity stunt. I just can't believe that anyone would have the balls to try to put out a fake a Michael Jackson song for real.

It's weird, even when I hear the song playing in my head, it doesn't sound like Michael!

Really though, it COULD have been a plan of Michael and Sony, but NOT like how it's going now. Sony is completely effin' over the fans with this, i am sure Mike would never ever wanted that.

yeah exactly......could have been Michael's plan but since his passing and all the confusion and uncertainty it's just in bad taste, imo. (He wouldn't approve)

Or it was always Sony's plan to 'pretend' to they are putting the fakes on the album. If it was i wanna good explanation.......If not I will not buy the album even if it is all real material. Michael Jackson's legacy is set in concrete the sales of this album won't make a difference...I agree with '144,000' it's a bit insulting to have an imposter singing about personal issues relating to Michael not to mention the artistic intergrity of the man.

Or.....It's the biggest scam in music history which was been said a few times around here.

Whichever way, its not Michael.

Pretty sure its Malachi, not Ewing.

Whoever it is, it's not Michael. In the end that's all that matters. We need to get that problem sorted.

I was more thinking in terms of some of the backing vocals than the lead. It's all just bouncing ideas around, I found the connections (or perhaps mere coincidences) interesting. :)

EDIT: I'm really curious about who Ewing is; there's so little info about him around, yet he's involved in the first revealed track of a new Michael Jackson album somehow? Something a little strange. He could just be a complete unknown that's lucked out somewhere along the line.

Re: Do You Think "Breaking News" + other Cascio songs will be left out of MICHAEL due to controversy

Couldn't agree more ;)
songs like Another Day and A Place with no name are authentic MJ-songs, because they really sound like MJ and his voice is cristalclear. All questionable songs should be left out of the tracklist!

Yes, and let's hope the producers didn't mess with Michael's voice that much on the songs. They should know less is more when it comes to him. His voice doesn't need any help.

Sony can't really argue against us fans. They know that we know Michael's singing more than them.

I would ask them to apologize, but it probably wouldn't even be sincere.

OMG MAN
i have the acapella & when it says
you keep on breaking the news
them words are pieced together because the KEEP is actualli MJ saying HE from this time around when he says HE REALLY THOUGH seriously i would make a video but sony closed my account check it out guys

Quoting some old posts from the 'Official New Album Thread' (pre-'Breaking News')

Type of Work: Sound Recording and Music Registration Number / Date: SRu000911714 / 2009-06-27 Application Title: MJ Song Book 2009 #1. Title: MJ Song Book 2009 #1. Description: Electronic file (eService) Copyright Claimant: Michael Joseph Jackson. Address: Unlisted, Los Angeles, CA, United States.
James Victor Porte. Address: 105 Camilla Lane, Murfreesboro, TN, 37129, United States.
Edward Joseph Cascio. Address: 883 Huron Rd, Franklin Lakes, NJ, 07417, United States. Date of Creation: 2009 Authorship on Application: Michael Joseph Jackson; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production, compilation, LYRICS.
James Victor Porte; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production, compilation, LYRICS.
Edward Joseph Cascio; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording, performance, production, compilation, LYRICS. Rights and Permissions: James Porte, Ghost Manor Music, jamesporte@gmail.com

Names: Jackson, Michael Joseph
Porte, James Victor
Cascio, Edward Joseph

^I am giving my opinion the announcement, nothing concrete right now on a firm date.

But from what I'm hearing... these songs are killer. The Cascio tracks are some of MJ's best work in the past 20 years. Vocals are very strong. Also, Teddy Riley made them sound even more modern when he re-worked about 6 of the tracks in September and early October. The Darkchild tracks are also very strong as well. The tracklist isn't complete just yet but that's coming anyday now. They have it down to 14 tracks.

Just got off the phone with my source, thought I would update you guys. As of right now there are no breaking developments with the new album.

-Sony is waiting on the estate to finalize the tracklist.

-McClain is mostly in charge I'm told, and his team is going through the tracks trying to create a perfect album. (as perfect as you can get with out-takes and unreleased songs)

-Work has begun on the booklet with some pictures being selected.

-Sony is still deciding on what to do with these 12 songs founded last month that are not part of the deal. I'm told a deal could be made for them as early as next week or sometime in June. Apparently Sony is still going through the tracks which are being presented by Cascio. Some of the songs are "very MJ", written and composed solely by him with others co-written. While these tracks are not global smash hits, they are more for MJ fans with personal elements sprinkled all through the song. There are 12 100% completed songs. Considering how MJ's fan base has grown since his death, Sony is betting the songs will be hits but is approaching the purchase very carefully.

-I am told news of the songs will be made more public soon with a potential bidding war heating up. Cascio I am told is shopping around going to Universal, and even Live Nation as well as Sony looking for the best offer. If Sony wins, expect some of these tracks to hit the new album in November.

-The estate is aiming to have 10-12 songs on the new album still with a HUGE marketing campaign that is set to include a "phenomenal" internet presence, television ads, billboards, magazine ads, and other artists promoting it through television appearances, etc.

-Finally, I am told that the November through December time period will be very exciting for MJ fans. Sony has some surprises centered around this new album. The excitement will begin in late August/early September when the first single is released globally. This will "kick off" the project.

Just saw this on twitter.... Now i am beyond confused...

Lorene0201 Lorene Malaika by mylove4MJ

MCCLAIN OPPOSES NEW MJ ALBUM! http://bit.ly/cFWYaW BUT THE CASCIO TRACKS AREN'T THE ONLY TRAVESTY... YOU'LL ALL FIND OUT SOON.. #BOYCOTTSONY

I kind of like this little piece done by Cascio:

http://www.myspace.com/angeliksonmusic

These songs MJ and him composed together could well be the best on the new album, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back