"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I logged into my homepage this morning which is the homepage for Optus and I came across this article on Michael and the new album.

I did see if it's been posted but couldn't find anything but if it has and I'm completely blind or its in the wrong section please feel free to move or delete :)

New Jackson song, but is it him?

New Michael Jackson song to be streamed online for one week only as family cast doubt on authenticity.

THE second coming of Michael Jackson has begun in earnest, with a new song being streamed online for one week only from yesterday, as a teaser for the December 10 release of the album Michael. But in typical Jackson style, it has already begun to generate controversy.

The song, Breaking News, is a lushly orchestrated track featuring snippets of vocals by Jackson in what appears to be a sophisticated cut-and-paste job. At times, he seems to sing in a lower register than we are used to hearing, though the trademark "woo-hoo" "and "ee-hee"s are unmistakably his.

The song opens with samples from TV and radio news reports before Jackson begins singing about the persecution he claims to have suffered at the hands of the media. Jackson, who died, aged 50, on June 25 last year, was repeatedly accused but never convicted of child sexual abuse.

However, debate has already surfaced about the legitimacy of the new track, with the late singer's sister LaToya suggesting the vocal may not be genuine.

"I listened to it (Breaking News)...It doesn't sound like him," LaToya Jackson was quoted as telling celebrity website TMZ.com.

Adding to the confusion is the fact that a company owned by Jackson's mother, Katherine, was forced to apologise after mistakenly issuing what it claimed was a "new" Jackson track just days ago, only to find it was in fact an old track.

The track Opis None was issued as a "gift" to Jackson fans last Friday, but on Monday Howard Mann, Katherine Jackson's business partner, issued a statement in which he acknowledged the track, which opens with the words "there's so much confusion", was in fact a version of an old song, Destiny.

Breaking News is one of about 60 previously unreleased tracks that could eventually see the light of day under a mammoth deal signed in March between the Michael Jackson estate and Sony. The seven-year deal was rumoured to be worth as much as $250 million, and covers a range of Jackson material, both previously released and unreleased.

A page on Wikipedia devoted to the topic lists more than 150 tracks that have not yet been released, though many appear to be only partial recordings or alternative takes of previously released songs, rather than entirely new recordings.

Whatever its authenticity, the streaming of the new Michael Jackson song is destined to be just the first of many manifestations of the dead singer in the near future.

The DVD compilation Michael Jackson: Vision goes on sale later this month, as does the computer game, Michael Jackson: The Experience, which allows players to sing and dance along with Jackson.

Next year, the Canadian circus troupe Cirque du Soleil will mount its Michael Jackson: The Immortal world tour, which is slated to appear in 30 cities worldwide from October.​

Re: Regarding the news from the past couple of days....

I Answered Yes because I'm just confused about what they are doing. But Michael is always in my heart! NOTHING will EVER change how I feel about him. These Dumb @$$'s Messed it up, Not Michael! To tell you the truth, I would've been happy with Only Vision being released if I had known releasing the album would turn out this way! I HOPE They Dont Mess that one up Either!!!

Michael, I LOVE YOU MOST! I Wont stop till' the day I die and beyond!!! We're gonna stand up for you like we've always done not only because its the right thing to do, but also because WE LOVE YOU SOooo MUCH!

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Re: "Breaking News" All Discussion Here [Merged]

Can someone please PM me Much too soon and Blue Gangsta? I am so despereste to hear it. I heard A Place with No Name already but I can't find these other two songs. Thank you.

twitter address from the tweet with the link at the top of the myspace page - http://twitter.com/angelikson

Top link and bottom link take me to a video of the 'Breaking News' clip.

Charles Kaplow
2 hours ago

Great point about 2000 watts lol.. but you can tell in 2000 watts that it's him altered whereas, in Breaking News, it's a very, very different soul. I just wish they would go to the real vaults where songs like Streetwalker came from. I'd like to see Red Eye released one day..

What's red eye?

sorry, don't know. maybe a song.

This is from November 2nd. I just read it from that post someone posted with quotes from an old thread. Very interesting

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...ackson_album_dont_belong_to_pop_star_fig.html

I believe this runs much deeper than just some music.

I'm starting to wonder if this McClain/Sony beef is just a PR stunt to make it seem like the Estate/Sony aren't as tight as we know.

Or maybe they really do want McClain out for a certain reason....

Anyways, I wonder why John Branca hasn't said a single word about all this. I guess he has nothing to do with the album....or isn't on the boat for the project or something...Has Branca heard the tracks? There's no word of what he thinks of the album.

Last edited:

Anyways, I wonder why John Branca hasn't said a single word about all this. I guess he has nothing to do with the album....or isn't on the boat for the project or something...Has Branca heard the tracks? How come there's no word of what he thinks of the album?

I think that he's much more focused on the business side (deals etc) while McClain is dealing with the creative side (working on the projects). If you remember the executors compensation documents McClain was the one that's providing his studio and producer services.

edited to add: McClain didn't say anything either (people commented on what he thinks but he didn't personally say anything). It's just Epic and the Jackson's releasing statements. Estate has been pretty much silent.

Where in the name of the sequined glove is the option "I'm pretty damn sure that MJ is only the backing vocals"?!?!?!

tumblr_lbn7e6sYEU1qe08kt.gif

Comprehend this, i cannot!

Easy peasy, just don't buy into this trap!!

Whoever's plan it was to deceive us with fake vocals, it can only succeed if we buy this album.

DON'T BUY THE ALBUM!

edited to add: McClain didn't say anything either (people commented on what he thinks but he didn't personally say anything). It's just Epic and the Jackson's releasing statements. Estate has been pretty much silent.

Then McClain did say something, just not directly to the press. You said people commented on what McClain thought. I doubt they just made words and shoved it in his mouth. Their comments of his thoughts had to originally come from something McClain said aloud about the music, just not directly to the press.

And McClain hasn't disputed anything, so I assume he hasn't been silent and really did say all that. But for reasons I'm still trying to figure out.

Last edited:
Re: MTV Magnifies and Decodes New "Michael" Album Cover

People can debate "Breaking News" all they want (and rightfully so) but no one can deny that the album cover is fantastic.

this is what happens when you're hard at work all day - im completely lost. what's new. whats going on. someone please pm me to update me!

I agree with everything, but i don't understand your part about Katherine's interview with Oprah. She said plenty of good things about her son, what exactly did you hope for? Just curious?

Looks to me McClain doesn't want to fool fans. He wants the real Michael vocals out there.

Gee, it would be nice if somebody involved thought that was important. I feel like we are in bizarro world.

Then McClain did say something, just not directly to the press. You said people commented on what McClain thought. I doubt they just made words and shoved it in his mouth. Their comments of his thoughts had to originally come from something McClain said aloud about the music, just not directly to the press.

And McClain hasn't disputed anything, so I assume he hasn't been silent and really did say all that. But for reasons I'm still trying to figure out.

the issue is what has been said related to McClain has been different. Recently you have Jackie saying he and his friend McClain had tried to stop the songs (probably because the vocals could be fake) and then on the other side you have Teddy Riley and Roger Friedman saying that it was due to his jealousness. Yes all sides say that McClain is the one that didn't want these songs but their explanation of the reason is all different. Plus he didn't dispute anything that Teddy Riley said either. So what are we to believe?

Hence as there's two opposing explanation about why he objected the songs, unless he personally comes out and says anything - it's all hearsay in my book.

I asked Frank Cascio on Facebook if the tracks leaked today "Monster," "All In Me," and "Carry On," were his or not. He has deleted this from his wall! I take that as a "yes"!

Trying to look at "Breaking News" differently for a minute..

Personally i don't believe for a second it's Michael Jackson on Breaking News, so let's that get out of the way. My reasons are basically the same as ya'll, the vibrato, you don't hear the emotion, you don't hear Mike in it. He always had his own things in his song, even if it was just a simple demo. But let's just...for a minute now say that he didn't use any of that. Basically not sounding like the MJ we all know,....is it then possible that it IS Mike on this record?

My only reason for wondering about this is well...i just don't get it why Sony pays ridiculous much money for all of MJ's material, and as first song, they bring this out.

So again, I don't believe it's MJ,let no mistake exist about that...but let's just put the above in consideration for a short while, is it then possible it's Mike? Cause honestly, when i heard Shout and 2000 watts, i didn't really think it was Mike right away. Never liked 2000 watts , so never listened much to it, mind you...but still.

is he the one thats supposed to have the BN demo? he should release that.

the issue is what has been said related to McClain has been different. Recently you have Jackie saying he and his friend McClain had tried to stop the songs and then on the other side you have Teddy Riley and Roger Friedman saying that it was due to his jealousness. Yes all sides say that McClain is the one that didn't want these songs but their explanation of the reason is all different. Plus he didn't dispute anything that Teddy Riley said either. So what are we to believe?

Hence as there's two opposing explanation about why he objected the songs, unless he personally comes out and says anything - it's all hearsay in my book.

then McClain needs to come out with an official statement himself.

But I doubt he will, just to keep opposition and uncertainty in the air.

based on the articles coming out, i personally think part of this, or the whole thing, is to show the estate/sony as not so tight like i said before.

then McClain needs to come out with an official statement himself.

But I doubt he will, just to keep opposition in the air.

I totally agree that we need a statement from the estate

And we continue waiting for explanations. :timer: *big sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back