"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

i dont like the new single.. to popy for me

Too poppy? Well, he was the King of ...... Pop :)

No harm intended, just making a simple joke. :)

----------------

But all joking aside, I just want to see where this all leads. Whether it is him or isn't him, I'll just keep my comments to myself, but I just want to know how this will all unfold. I just pray that in the end, the outcome is something that adds to MJ's legacy.

Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

definitly not. see... the thing is. privacy and 2000 watts DO sound like michael jackson. breaking news dont.

Thats true. They do sound like Michael; I never doubted that back then and do not know who did. I hope is was a few people. However, this song is supposed to be a Michael song and he mainly sings in the background. What kind of nonsense it this?

Has anyone been able to work out what the lyrics are to "Breaking News"?

What do we do now?

It's the biggest disappointment in the last few years for me.

I have listened to this song again and again, and I totally believe this is NOT Michael Jackson.

When I first heard that the Jackson family kept talking about fake vocals, I thought they were just meddling and trying to cause issues.. now I am behind them with their theory.

This does not sound like Michael's vocals. And yes, I am aware that he has quite a versatile voice - but this sounds like a man impersonating him.

I can't believe the fans have waited years upon years to hear new material only to hear a fake vocalist. Do Sony think we are stupid??????

I agree it doesn't really sound like MJ, weird.

yeah thats my problem with the song also. its a mj song but he sangs background.

to poppy as in, more like backstreet boys area. not like him and not like the pop whe know from him. so thats what i meant by to poppy..

really very dissapointed by it.

What do we do now?

It's the biggest disappointment in the last few years for me.

Just wait until some sort of announcement is made love.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Jackson family take this to court or at least challenge Sony.The truth will come out sooner rather than later on this one.

I've just woken up, gave BN a listen and now I'm sat here dubiously. I've been reading your posts and have 'thanked' most of the ones that have spoken for me.

when i said that a few days ago everybody on the forum fell over me and thought i was believing the tabloids :S and now you are saying it also that the family can be right not sure but he it can be truth

I wouldn't be shocked if the Jackson family take this to court or at least challenge Sony.The truth will come out sooner rather than later on this one.
This will never go to the court. If it was going to, it already would have.

to all the mj fans… regarding the song "breaking news" i am so sorry you have to deal with this. my uncle loved you so much and would not want it this way. However there are songs that ARE my uncle singing on the upcoming album and I will support those 100% But I will not support "Breaking News" and a few others because it simply is not him. They tried to fool me and they tried to fool you. I told them it would never happen.
-Taryll Jackson

Soooo basically it 'Breaking News' REALLY ISN'T Michael!!!
:boohoo:

Why is the opening different from the teaser?

I listened while Skyping with about 8 fans. Everyone disappointed believe that it's not him. I think his voice is layered in there, but feel the same as others have said: wrong tone, doesn't pronounce his name like that let alone say it in songs almost boastfully/Kanye-style, probably Jason Malachi, decent song with similar chord structure to other MJ compositions, good beats by Teddy Riley.

And as for why?
1) REAL track coming soon?/publicity stunt?
2) to see how much BS we can detect so they know what to REALLY put on the CD?
3) to alienate old fans and destroy MJ's legacy?
4) something revealed on the Oprah show tomorrow?
5) I'm dreaming this whole thing, including typing on MJJC, which wouldn't be the first time.

so confused..... Michael, I wanna be where you are....

Oh please, don't tell me nobody has mib snippet....pleasssee..

i Think MJ is on the chorus! and MAlachi on the verse! Amazing chorus!

I've been talking to a friend of mine about the song, and after listening to it for about 10 times I still can't make a final decision on whether it is him singing or not. However, I did figure out what's making me (and probably a lot of you) doubt it so much. I'll just quote what I told her:

"ok, so I have kind of realized my problem with the vocals on BN... it's intonation. it's not so much the way his voice *sounds* -- it's the way he pronounces the words. It doesn't sound like him. 'cos MJ has used different vocal ranges on his albums before. and we've heard all his stuff a million times, and heard tons of demos and unreleased material and random snippets of him singing a few lines while walking on the street or sitting in a car or whatever... and THAT is just NOT how the man pronounces words, it's NOT how he shapes his sentences. THAT is the problem."

Listen to 1:50-1:58
http://breakingnews.michaeljackson.com/ROW/

Listen to .22-.28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPgrZWPOHJ0

AND TELL ME ITS NOT THE SAME PERSON!! lol!

put the songs side by side.. just do it

JASON JASON JASON

Yes it is Jason singing both songs

Please check out JASON MALACHI website
http://www.myspace.com/jasonmalachi

he also has "let me let go" on his own site
that someone in this thread was trying to pass off as MJ

Yeah. I think we all saw right through this one but it also begs the question.. Then what? People are hoping that it's a PR stunt but what if it's not? Seriously I don't think many people, myself included, will ever trust any future MJ release ever. This is one big gamble SONY is playing and the only one losing here is MJ himself.

I hope we get some insight but I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with what's been given.

Re: Ted Riley confirmed in a tweet he worked on the song "Breaking News"

Not everything is about money in this world.

Well the official Michael Jackson Facebook page posted the video, and after reading some of the comments (some of which contained links to Sony-hating groups), I'd expect some sort of announcement from said music label.

As for the song, the moment I heard it I had doubts. I'm trying to make it sound like Michael Jackson; it's just not happening though. The ending of the song sounds more promising, but the first verse and chorus... it's hard to believe that's not Jason Malachi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back