"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

i think michaels voice is definitly on the track. i can hear it at some bitsin the background.. damn. i hooope this is just a publicity stuunt

i was thinking the same thing! but I don't like the fact that Teddy said they had proof it was Michael singing because I really don't think it's him, and Im somewhat easily fooled when it comes to Michael's voice.
Did anyone save men in black snippet? it's not available on yt anymore

Give it time. The Jacksons won't let this lie.
Two points...

Firstly, Sony Music is enormous, and smart. If they've done something sinister here (which I really, really doubt), they'd have themselves covered. As one of the largest entertainment companies in the world, they have some smarts about them. All of this is part of a bigger something, we just don't know what.

Secondly, the Jackson family have zero credibility when it comes to, well, just about anything. If they wanted to mount a serious legal threat against one of the world's wealthiest corporations, they'd have to start by getting lawyers who can actually practice law. Not, you know...the actors they use now.

Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

If it comes out this is not MJ SONY will have the biggest problem ever.

How would they be able to save that? - they could not.

This would be very very bad for SONY.

Only if they have footage of MJ recording this in 2007 or MJ rehearsing this for TII and we hear him in 2009 sing it like this they could prove it to be MJ.

SONY gave this away for FREE !

MAYBE they didn't gave us the real version. If you want the true MJ version you'll have to BUY the album, and then get the real song.

SONY knew this would be all over YT and be downloaded few minutes after they put it out, so this is a FAKE version with very little MJ in it, but on the album we get a 100 % Michael.

Well this is just me dreaming I'm affraid.

I had the same thought...

BUT IF this is Jason Mallaci - wouldn't he stand forward as soon as he heard the song and say HEY THAT'S NOT MIKE, THAT's ME !!!

on second thought..

will i am, you're lookin good, right now.

oh sony...frankin mutha fuckin stinian, dudes..

utterly frankenstinien.

well i was gunna download invincible again, anyway..

this song sounds like 'get wit u' by guy..def a teddy riley track..

If it comes out this is not MJ SONY will have the biggest problem ever.

How would they be able to save that? - they could not.

This would be very very bad for SONY.

Only if they have footage of MJ recording this in 2007 or MJ rehearsing this for TII and we hear him in 2009 sing it like this they could prove it to be MJ.

Why would they do that?

Hey, Sony! MJ fans are people too, you know. We have feelings. *rolls eyes*

Re: Ted Riley confirmed in a tweet he worked on the song "Breaking News"

When it comes to sony, it is...

so the end is michael the "ur breakin the news" you can tell gives u the mj feeling. Major difference between that line and the rest of the song

I dunno what to think either... :scratch:

... For me it doesn't sound like Michael! :mello: :(

What I want to know is - how are the estate getting away with this?
And, more to the point, WHY?? Surely there was enough solid, strong Michael material left to use the genuine stuff on the CD?

It doesn't make sense.

I am disappointed too.

Last edited:

If it is Jackie that posted that comment, and I tend to think it is, there's obviously a fairly heavy division within the Jackson family.

I've been talking to a friend of mine about the song, and after listening to it for about 10 times I still can't make a final decision on whether it is him singing or not. However, I did figure out what's making me (and probably a lot of you) doubt it so much. I'll just quote what I told her:

"ok, so I have kind of realized my problem with the vocals on BN... it's intonation. it's not so much the way his voice *sounds* -- it's the way he pronounces the words. It doesn't sound like him. 'cos MJ has used different vocal ranges on his albums before. and we've heard all his stuff a million times, and heard tons of demos and unreleased material and random snippets of him singing a few lines while walking on the street or sitting in a car or whatever... and THAT is just NOT how the man pronounces words, it's NOT how he shapes his sentences. THAT is the problem."

That is only PART of the problem, here's my take.

1. He doesn't sound like MJ. This has made a lot of fans confused

2. The pronunciation, as you said, is just off. This made that feeling of betrayal linger on a bit longer.

3. Structure of the song, as well as the overall style, is just NOT MJ. I think this is why most fans are 100% it's not MJ. Myself included.

The vocals just don't have that "umph" that's usually there in MJ songs. It's not him, period.

I don't think this was even heard by Michael to be honest the part that does sound like him is cut " ur breaking" cut "the news" I don't think this was even a song that was partly completed by him.. they pieced words of songs together to make this. just as I thought they would.

You guys calm down, anyone can comment on that article pretending to be Jackie!

You guys calm down, anyone can comment on that article pretending to be Jackie!
Of course, but that goes for a lot of the speculation we all have been working off lately. Also, what's the motive for an impostor?

I can't prove it is, and you can't prove it isn't.

this has to be a stunt man, they teased us the other day, with no vocals, then ever 1 said it wasnt him, 2day more mj news with his mum on tht show. this is just the marketing i think tbh

If this is really an imeprsonator which it sounds like then this is illegal, they are trying to pass someone else off as Michael Jackson. I am disgusted that Sony is trying to cheat MJ fans, I hope the family releases a statement instead of just posting tweets.

Well, on the bright side, Do You Know Where Your Children Are sounds like a really good song.

well except mabey for Hoaxers
who became fans after June 29th as that fits there agenda of clues $*&*)(_

First of all you should calm down with your statements.

I believe its Michael singing on it with a few background vocals on it. And u dont need to offend someone for that just because it doesnt fit your theory.

I've been a fan since childhood and I dont need to prove anything to you.

Thank you.

Guys...there's no way to verify this, but Jackie Jackson (supposedly) has just posted a comment on Roger Friedman's latest article saying:

Link: http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/11/08/michael-jackson-sings-about-himself-on-new-song-breaking-news.

Excuse my language but what a complete and utter CLUSTER ****! Seriously, my head is spinning. It doens't help that the family has all these criptic messages on twitter (Taj/TJ, etc). & if its really Michael on Cascio's demo why doesn't he say something? He knows what the fans are saying, supposedly he's releasing a statement soon to confirm it was really MJ.

Supposedly it was recorded in 2007 when MJ wasn't really there to say the least...whatever the case it doesn't sound like MJ at all to me.

ARGH! :no:

I think we should be still and things may be unfolding. I don't want to take any action, I do believe Sony this time, I don't know why, but I do ...

so the end is michael the "ur breakin the news" you can tell gives u the mj feeling. Major difference between that line and the rest of the song

Problem is, that particular segment is not authentic, you can obviously hear it. It was collected from other snippets and pasted together, seriously it sounds like " You're breaking. the ews".

How do you know? He posted recently about the new album being "brilliant" - this does add-up.

I can sign in as Michael Jackson and leave a comment.....

I am the last person on this planet to believe any conspiracy therories and fall for things like $ony etc. But on this song, Breaking News - that's not Michael Jackson on the lead vocals. I'm devastated :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back