"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

tell me people...could it be the song was just deleated from the site www.michaeljackson.com?

it says THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYIN TO WATCH IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE!

could anybody check it please.?

I have been trying for 20 minutes. I get the same thing.

Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

tell me people...could it be the song was just deleated from the site www.michaeljackson.com?

it says THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYIN TO WATCH IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE!

could anybody check it please.?

It's still there.

Unfortunately :(
I really hoped they'd taken it down by now.

Re: "Breaking News" General Discussion Here

Still works for me too, I was hoping they'd taken it off the site and would tell us all wtf is going on...

Mee too, I get the same thing. Video unavailable.

maybe it's a tribute song for Michael. I ams sorry i am confused
but I know it's not MJ's voice. Damn you teddy riley. He's was clearlyin for the money
maybe not.

Last night, after dinner with friends here in LA, I got into my car, and knowing that it was midnight somewhere, I went to MichaelJackson.com on my iPhone, plugged it into the car, and drove up the 405 listening to "Breaking News" through the speakers in my car. I listened to it once, and was frozen in my seat. It was horrifying. I tried to listen to it a second time, but I just couldn't. It was not only an awful song, but NOT Michael.

I know Michael's voice better than I know the back of my own hand. If Michael sneezed, I would know it was him. I know every last record of his, be it official, unreleased, bootleg, acapella, whatever. Michael's voice, even on a crappy song, makes you smile, makes you move, makes you feel something. It was his greatest gift. Even songs like Heartbreaker, Got The Hots, The Lost Children, songs that I don't think are great "songs", when he sang them, you were convinced it was the greatest thing you ever heard. For god's sake, even on songs like Shout, 2000 Watts, and Privacy, where his voice is morphed, you can still tell it's Michael.

The lead vocal on Breaking News is not Michael Jackson. Yes, there are lots of MJ vocal-isms, but many people are good at that. Jason Malachi is probably the best that I've heard, but our brains can convince us of what we want to hear. If you play "Let Me Let Go" for an MJ fan and tell them this is some guy who sounds like MJ, they will say "wow, he's really good." But, if you play the same song for the same fan and tell them this is MJ, they will say "well, no, it's a really good impersonator."

I'm surprised that the powers that be couldn't hear the difference when they got these tapes. Listen to his live vocals on This Is It, where even him half-singing "I Want You Back" sounds like the real MJ, and that's barely singing. No amount of vocal processing, distortion or production can change the way you pronounce a word, esp. your own name. 2000 Watts has more production on it than anything, but it still sounds like Michael.

Take a listen to the leaked clip of "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" and in 17 seconds your body will feel something. It will move, smile and make you wanna dance. That's Michael.

Kirshach that does not sound like MJ. :sigh:

Take a listen to the leaked clip of "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" and in 17 seconds your body will feel something. It will move, smile and make you wanna dance. That's Michael.

damn right man, that 17 sec is much much better than this whole shitty song.

ANSWERS.

That is all I want.

My name is Benjamin.
I'm 15 years old.
I have been a fan of Michael for about 5 years.

I may not be veteran fan, but it doesn't to take much to realize that there is something up with "Breaking News".

I was so excited that this song was being released, but when I first listened to it... I simply couldn't tell if it is really Michael or not. I still can't.

This has to be him? He must just be singing in a different way?

Sony WOULD NOT KNOWING RELEASE A "FAKE" MJ SONG! That would make no sense, with all that would be at stake for them.

WHAT. IS. GOING. ON. ???!!!

Maybe John McClain was right.. This Cascio songs are fake! I would really like to hear Love Never Felt So Good now..

John McClain said the Cascio songs were fake??

I'm so over this song now, to be honest.

-----

Hi Benjamin, we're all confused. :(

I can't believe 70% believe it's MJ's voice on TMZ

Last night, after dinner with friends here in LA, I got into my car, and knowing that it was midnight somewhere, I went to MichaelJackson.com on my iPhone, plugged it into the car, and drove up the 405 listening to "Breaking News" through the speakers in my car. I listened to it once, and was frozen in my seat. It was horrifying. I tried to listen to it a second time, but I just couldn't. It was not only an awful song, but NOT Michael.

I know Michael's voice better than I know the back of my own hand. If Michael sneezed, I would know it was him. I know every last record of his, be it official, unreleased, bootleg, acapella, whatever. Michael's voice, even on a crappy song, makes you smile, makes you move, makes you feel something. It was his greatest gift. Even songs like Heartbreaker, Got The Hots, The Lost Children, songs that I don't think are great "songs", when he sang them, you were convinced it was the greatest thing you ever heard. For god's sake, even on songs like Shout, 2000 Watts, and Privacy, where his voice is morphed, you can still tell it's Michael.

The lead vocal on Breaking News is not Michael Jackson. Yes, there are lots of MJ vocal-isms, but many people are good at that. Jason Malachi is probably the best that I've heard, but our brains can convince us of what we want to hear. If you play "Let Me Let Go" for an MJ fan and tell them this is some guy who sounds like MJ, they will say "wow, he's really good." But, if you play the same song for the same fan and tell them this is MJ, they will say "well, no, it's a really good impersonator."

I'm surprised that the powers that be couldn't hear the difference when they got these tapes. Listen to his live vocals on This Is It, where even him half-singing "I Want You Back" sounds like the real MJ, and that's barely singing. No amount of vocal processing, distortion or production can change the way you pronounce a word, esp. your own name. 2000 Watts has more production on it than anything, but it still sounds like Michael.

Such a good post.

I think it sounds much better to be honest :) much more like MJ, i think this shows the vocals have been put through many filters and had different effects put onto them. I said to another fan, I think the vocals were of a very rough demo and then layered with different effects on each layer to create a weird harmony :) the higher one i think shows MJ's vocals more

Its not the pitch which suggests it isnt Michael. Its everything. Editing the pitch wont make it sound more like Michael.

for me it works like this: no magic = no mj
take we've had enough. one of his latest known recordings. mature voice with darker tone but still the same old magical feeling.
breaking news. flat and dead. does not excite me. even if tsome he vocals are his (under whatever circumstances) i don't consider it an mj song.

last night, after dinner with friends here in la, i got into my car, and knowing that it was midnight somewhere, i went to michaeljackson.com on my iphone, plugged it into the car, and drove up the 405 listening to "breaking news" through the speakers in my car. I listened to it once, and was frozen in my seat. It was horrifying. I tried to listen to it a second time, but i just couldn't. It was not only an awful song, but not michael.

I know michael's voice better than i know the back of my own hand. If michael sneezed, i would know it was him. I know every last record of his, be it official, unreleased, bootleg, acapella, whatever. Michael's voice, even on a crappy song, makes you smile, makes you move, makes you feel something. It was his greatest gift. Even songs like heartbreaker, got the hots, the lost children, songs that i don't think are great "songs", when he sang them, you were convinced it was the greatest thing you ever heard. For god's sake, even on songs like shout, 2000 watts, and privacy, where his voice is morphed, you can still tell it's michael.

The lead vocal on breaking news is not michael jackson. Yes, there are lots of mj vocal-isms, but many people are good at that. Jason malachi is probably the best that i've heard, but our brains can convince us of what we want to hear. If you play "let me let go" for an mj fan and tell them this is some guy who sounds like mj, they will say "wow, he's really good." but, if you play the same song for the same fan and tell them this is mj, they will say "well, no, it's a really good impersonator."

i'm surprised that the powers that be couldn't hear the difference when they got these tapes. Listen to his live vocals on this is it, where even him half-singing "i want you back" sounds like the real mj, and that's barely singing. No amount of vocal processing, distortion or production can change the way you pronounce a word, esp. Your own name. 2000 watts has more production on it than anything, but it still sounds like michael.

Take a listen to the leaked clip of "do you know where your children are" and in 17 seconds your body will feel something. It will move, smile and make you wanna dance. That's michael.

amen!

I can't believe 70% believe it's MJ's voice on TMZ

Whats funny is hat before the song was released and we all thought it was going to be real.

More people voted it was fake than real.

Now that we have heard it and all think its fake, more people have voted its real.

What in the hell kind of world am I living in.....-_-

I 've listened to it again and again Kirschach. Verses are still not convincing. Nevertheless this editing of yours made it better overall and more Michael-sounding. One thing is for sure: if THAT was presented at the site this morning I would be more easily fooled

Its not the pitch which suggests it isnt Michael. Its everything. Editing the pitch wont make it sound more like Michael.

well there was a heightened pitch version of 2000 watts that sounded exactly as Michael would have "usually" sung it but then I think it was slightly lowered although I think Mj could have easily reached those low notes himself. If the heightened 2000 watts had been released then there would have been no doubt it was MJ but some people I play it too can't believe it is him until I say it is haha. Just saying pitch has an effect on the listener's view :)

Exellent post ebergen, i couldn't agree more. I can't bring myself to listen to it, it is not MJ, no way no how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back