Breaking News - The Great Debate (Cascio Controversy Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breaking News - The Great Debate

Heal The World is a political song. By what stretch of the imagination are you claiming it isn't?

Any song that proclaims 'nation to nation, all the world must come together' is, by definition, a political song. Again, I ask, in what way is that NOT political?

The WATW video was a desperate effort. And a failing one.

Ok, I think people have made their point so far and it won't get any better. We need other ressources. My suggestion is still open.

It failed because you didn't agree with it? Even though everyone else who commented on it, commented by saying they can hear the similarities? :lol:

Going back and forth with you is pointless. You seemingly can't escape the preschool level insults, maybe you'll have better luck getting your point across, with someone who shares a similar level of reasoning, a child.

You can argue that it's not fair to compare this song to other finished recordings. Fair enough, in that case we'll compare it to the dozens and dozens of unfinished demos where Michael sang half-assed or even 'had a cold'.

'Beautiful Girl' anyone? To me it even sounds like he has swollen lips in that song and it's still him, without question.

You can argue that it's not fair to compare this song to other finished recordings. Fair enough, in that case we'll compare it to the dozens and dozens of unfinished demos where Michael sang half-assed or even 'had a cold'.

'Beautiful Girl' anyone? To me it even sounds like he has swollen lips in that song and it's still him, without question.

swollen lips.... lol... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

i have naughty thought now... :ph34r:

is there anyone here who's tech savvy enough to process beautiful girl and see how the result sounds like?

All the demos of Michael that we possess sound Michael's. Nevertheless. We cannot ignore that out there there are MJ's fans who believe that Cascio tracks are sung by Michael. We are all part of the same community. We all share the same passion for Michael's magic. So let's not neglect those who believe that Michael sings the Cascio tracks. Let's come together to clarify the points.

We already have shared our opinions and are stuck in a dead-end discussion which is transforming into a bitter quarrel completely unnecessary and counter-productive for MJ's fandom!

Let's now keep for ourselves what we believe, or at least let's not judge others for their beliefs, because I think that wether we believe it is MJ or not on those tracks, we are all sincere as far as what our ears are telling us.

Given the fact that the opinions are split, sharing opinions become fruitless and it is our duty and responsibility to seriously find out the truth and be ready for it without stubbornly stick to what we believe. We need unbiased and objective facts.

I am repeating, the best way to check if MJ's voice --so far streched in Cascio's tracks that we don't recognize him-- could be processed with other demos in order to hear the same voice timbre and accent? There must be someone out there who could do it. And if no one can do it, I am sorry, but many people will continue doubting or completely denying Cascio tracks as Michael's as they are as a matter of fact surprisingly different from what we've used to hear from "usual" Michael in terms of voice timbre, vocals, husky voice, hiccups, power, etc.

I changed the pitch of Beautiful Girl up one semitone, which isn't much. Sounds different to what we're used to from that particular song, but not different in a Cascio tracks kind of way. Check it out if you think it's worth it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/439124803/11_Beautiful_Girl__pitched_.mp3

My problem with Breaking News isn't with the pitch of his voice. It just sounds to me like the singer is forcing their voice to sound like Michael's. The tone is very close to Michael's voice but everything else, the breathing, the vibrato, pronunciation and forced husk is just not convincing me in the slightest.

I changed the pitch of Beautiful Girl up one semitone, which isn't much. Sounds different to what we're used to from that particular song, but not different in a Cascio tracks kind of way. Check it out if you think it's worth it:

My problem with Breaking News isn't with the pitch of his voice. It just sounds to me like the singer is forcing their voice to sound like Michael's. The tone is very close to Michael's voice but everything else, the breathing, the vibrato, pronunciation and forced husk is just not convincing me in the slightest.

Thanks for your effort. I think that more processing is needed than just a pitch and preferably with a faster song.

Since many believers compare the Cascio vocals with MJ's lower voice songs, it would be great if someone could process demos of either Privacy, WYWTOM, In the back,...or any similar vocals.

Sounds different indeed; but, still Michael to me.

Thanks for your effort! :cheeky:

Thanks for your effort. I think that more processing is needed than just a pitch and preferably with a faster song.

Since many believers compare the Cascio vocals with MJ's lower voice songs, it would be great if someone could process demos of either Privacy, WYWTOM, In the back,...or any similar vocals.

There are demos of Privacy and WYWTOM avialable? :bugeyed

WYWTOM...?? Help me out...gaaaah...lol

EDIT: nvm, Why you wanna trip on me lol

There are demos of Privacy and WYWTOM avialable? :bugeyed

If there are finished songs, there are also demos ;-) I personally don't have them, but I am sure people like Teddy Riley can easily obtain them.

And saying "The pitch has been altered, the original acapella doesn't sound this way" isn't a criticism of the audio? Wow.

A 'comment' on the audio. Not a 'criticism'.

Try again.

Samhabib & AnnieRUOkay89 you behave like an old couple. Now, can you hug each other?

I'm not doubting the Cascio songs. I believe, 100%, without a shadow of a doubt that they are NOT Michael Jackson songs. And everything that has been discussed, posted, and talked about since their release has only intensified my belief.

If people think it's Michael Jackson they should be able to post something along the lines of this. And if they can't, with the thousands of Michael Jackson songs to refer to, you've got to wonder why.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ti0AhDX0qFY

I F.CKING LOVE YOU!
What a great proof that it isn't Michael!!!! :D

Regarding the lead vocals of BN, I personally don't see what the big difference is between the initial 'wrong' mix that was uploaded and the final 'correct' mix on the album, could someone shed light on this??

^
they're almost the same. the vocals are a bit louder in the "final" mix, so no difference at all.

No difference at all? The initial stream had Michael's entire vocals being backed by a background singer. The final version only has the backing vocals on "Jackson". The backing vocals were more prominent in those verses than Michael's were, the backing vocals were lowered in the final version and Michael's were raised higher.

Yup, no difference at all.

Not different enough to make you go "oh, yeah, now it's Michael."

No difference at all? The initial stream had Michael's entire vocals being backed by a background singer. The final version only has the backing vocals on "Jackson". The backing vocals were more prominent in those verses than Michael's were, the backing vocals were lowered in the final version and Michael's were raised higher.

Aw, now I understand. So the lead vocals are Michael's? I am asking that because I haven't noticed that yet.

Aw, now I understand. So the lead vocals are Michael's? I am asking that because I haven't noticed that yet.

14ilbq0.gif

I don't like that tone.

Now hear me out.
Do you realize that I am not an idiot stuck in the mindset that these three songs are not Michael?
The Cascios do deserve the benefit of the doubt, as Michael's closest friends who never once sold him out to the media. I give them that.
Eddie Cascio was given a chance on national TV to explain why the songs sound like they do yet he failed to produce ANY kind of explanation or evidence. He did not show any handwritten lyrics, no photos of him and MJ working in the studio, no videos, no outtakes. Nothing. He didn't even share a single story of his weeks long experience of WORKING in the studio with Michael fucking Jackson.
Why is that alarming?

The songs were registered/copyrighted after Michael's death which makes it impossible to know if he had any input in their creation.
Angelikson (Cascio) waited almost a year to give in the songs to the Estate. Why did it take so long?
The songs were only vocal takes, no music. Did MJ record whole a capellas and didn't compose any music beforehand?
The songs are fully complete lyrically, the vocals were complete, there are ad-libs, background harmonies and everything yet they are supposed to be demos. They do not resamble any demo MJ ever recorded in his career lasting 40 years. No typical mumbling, no humming.
MJ had studio experience like no one else in the world. He would know how to record vocals even with a $100 mic. And if he really wanted to record 12 songs (that is an albums worht of material) he would make sure it at least sounds like him. He had the money and knowledge to adjust everything to his usual standards and liking.
For the FIRST TIME EVER as a Michael Jackson fan I cannot tell if it's Michael or not. I was never fooled, not by Malachi, not by Tom Fox, never.
The vocals not only lack the usual Michael Jackson feel, but also resamble a well known sound alike (they sound almost identical, at least to me).

Everything concerning the songs seems fishy. Nothing was explained. If Eddie Cascio doesn't lie, then speak up for f**** sake! I want to be proven wrong.

On a side note, even if the vocals are real and I can't tell... I don't want to keep guessing for the rest of my life if it's for sure my idol singing on HIS album. MJ left behind dozens of songs he recorded in his career that would not cause any doubt at all and are better than the Angelikson tracks.
That situation is no fun at all. Michael was the ultimate artist and these three songs are a disgrace to his artistry, they tainted the album that could've been a massive project revitalizing the whole industry. They failed miserably and believe me, if Michael was here, heads would roll.

I don't like that tone.

Now hear me out.
Do you realize that I am not an idiot stuck in the mindset that these three songs are not Michael?
The Cascios do deserve the benefit of the doubt, as Michael's closest friends who never once sold him out to the media. I give them that.
Eddie Cascio was given a chance on national TV to explain why the songs sound like they do yet he failed to produce ANY kind of explanation or evidence. He did not show any handwritten lyrics, no photos of him and MJ working in the studio, no videos, no outtakes. Nothing. He didn't even share a single story of his weeks long experience of WORKING in the studio with Michael fucking Jackson.
Why is that alarming?

The songs were registered/copyrighted after Michael's death which makes it impossible to know if he had any input in their creation.
Angelikson (Cascio) waited almost a year to give in the songs to the Estate. Why did it take so long?
The songs were only vocal takes, no music. Did MJ record whole a capellas and didn't compose any music beforehand?
The songs are fully complete lyrically, the vocals were complete, there are ad-libs, background harmonies and everything yet they are supposed to be demos. They do not resamble any demo MJ ever recorded in his career lasting 40 years. No typical mumbling, no humming.
MJ had studio experience like no one else in the world. He would know how to record vocals even with a $100 mic. And if he really wanted to record 12 songs (that is an albums worht of material) he would make sure it at least sounds like him. He had the money and knowledge to adjust everything to his usual standards and liking.
For the FIRST TIME EVER as a Michael Jackson fan I cannot tell if it's Michael or not. I was never fooled, not by Malachi, not by Tom Fox, never.
The vocals not only lack the usual Michael Jackson feel, but also resamble a well known sound alike (they sound almost identical, at least to me).

Everything concerning the songs seems fishy. Nothing was explained. If Eddie Cascio doesn't lie, then speak up for f**** sake! I want to be proven wrong.

On a side note, even if the vocals are real and I can't tell... I don't want to keep guessing for the rest of my life if it's for sure my idol singing on HIS album. MJ left behind dozens of songs he recorded in his career that would not cause any doubt at all and are better than the Angelikson tracks.
That situation is no fun at all. Michael was the ultimate artist and these three songs are a disgrace to his artistry, they tainted the album that could've been a massive project revitalizing the whole industry. They failed miserably and believe me, if Michael was here, heads would roll.

Very valid points! :clapping:

Really get me thinking. Things just don't add up... :doh:

I don't like that tone.

Now hear me out.
Why is that alarming?

Well Said. I agree.

The easiest and most reasonable explanation to me is that Eddie Cascio simply duped the Estate and Sony Music. These vocals sound enough like Michael to trick company executives, people who worked with Michael and lawyers like Branca. Would Branca or anyone else know? No, the vocals DO sound like Michael and come from a believable source. They don't sound like Barry White or Lennon. The fact is: no one analyzed them, no one compared them to for example Jason Malachi. If John Branca or any of these people mentioned in the Estate's press release heard a Malachi song played back to back with a Cascio track, they would have second thoughts.

This scenario is very plausible, especially if they believed Cascios explanation that the songs were recorded in a home studio hence they sound so different.

Please not, there were a lot of people who wanted the songs excluded from the album (and rightly so! even if they are real they caused too much harm) but were outvoted by the suits. Hey, even John McClain, who is the Estate co-executor, could not stop it. If he couldn't, who else could?

IMO Sony executives and Branca were happy there were additional 12 songs that were recently recorded and could make money. They didn't care about the concerns raised by Taryll, Dr. Freeze, McClain or initially Teddy Riley. Why would they?
Let's be honest here - all the songs are catchy and, if people wouldn't notice, very marketable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back