Bret Michaels critically ill!

LindaC781

Proud Member
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gOhveatVWAo2xZFgVdlb62tpc3pgD9F9829G0

Bret Michaels' condition critical from brain bleed

By DERRIK J. LANG (AP) – 4 hours ago

LOS ANGELES — Bret Michaels is in critical condition suffering from a brain hemorrhage, his publicist said Friday.

Joann Mignano, Michaels' New York-based publicist, confirmed a report on People magazine's website that said the former Poison frontman was rushed to intensive care late Thursday after a severe headache. The report said doctors discovered bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

Mignano said tests are being conducted but did not know where he was being treated.

The 47-year-old glam-rock reality TV star had an emergency appendectomy at a private care facility for diabetics last week after complaining of stomach pains before he was scheduled to perform at Sea World in San Antonio, Texas. Michaels later wrote on his website that though the surgery "has taken its toll," doctors expected him to make a full recovery.

Michaels is currently a contestant on the third season of Donald Trump's NBC competitive reality show, "The Celebrity Apprentice." For the first six episodes, Michaels served as a lighting rod for the show's male team, avoiding being fired in the boardroom.

Trump said in a statement Friday that he was "deeply saddened" to hear of Michaels' condition.

"He's a great competitor and champion, and I hope he will be fine," Trump said.

Before joining "The Celebrity Apprentice," Michaels starred as the lothario on VH1's lusty reality dating series "Rock of Love" from 2007 to 2009. For three seasons, Michaels searched for the women of his dreams amid a sea of implants, tattoos and thongs.

He also served as a judge on the fifth season of the USA singing competition "Nashville Star" in 2007.
On the Net:

* Bret Michaels,: http://www.bretmichaels.com/

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Yes, please pray for Bret. I know people have a different view of him because of the Rock of Love shows, but he really is a good guy. I've met him several times and know some people who work for him. He's a good guy and he's a father of two little girls, so please keep him in your prayers.

I heard this yesterday...I will :pray: he is gonna be ok.....poor guy.

All recent reports and updates I've seen claim he's "fighting for his life". I really pray he pulls through, he seem's like a really nice guy. The hand of death seems to be creeping up on a lot of celebs these past couple of years. :pray:

Yes, please pray for Bret. I know people have a different view of him because of the Rock of Love shows, but he really is a good guy. I've met him several times and know some people who work for him. He's a good guy and he's a father of two little girls, so please keep him in your prayers.

I am continuing to pray for Bret. Most of what he has done has been an act. He's a good person, and his little girls deserve to be with their daddy!

Despite the Rock of Love show(s) general concept, I always got a positive feeling about Bret. Just one of those things, getting past the premise of the shows, he does seem like just a nice guy. For some reason, knowing the absolute severity of the hemorrhage he has suffered, the news of this saddens me. Maybe because I work in a hospital unit that specializes in neurological/surgical emergencies, the possible outcomes and deficits from such a diagnosis can be very grim in the long run.:(

I'm so sad about this! I really like him on this season of Celebrity Apprentice. He seems to be creative, collaborative, and a very caring father. He's in my thoughts and prayers!

Despite the Rock of Love show(s) general concept, I always got a positive feeling about Bret. Just one of those things, getting past the premise of the shows, he does seem like just a nice guy. For some reason, knowing the absolute severity of the hemorrhage he has suffered, the news of this saddens me. Maybe because I work in a hospital unit that specializes in neurological/surgical emergencies, the possible outcomes and deficits from such a diagnosis can be very grim in the long run.:(

I read that it is a "massive subarachnoid hemorrhage" -- what does that mean? Does it rate very poorly among the types of bleeding one could have? :(

Edit: I just read about it on Wikipedia and it doesn't sound good... yet I also read that his father spoke to him and he was awake. So I'm hoping....

Last edited:
I hope he's doing ok. He was in my town once filming an episode of Rock of Love, and I saw Poison in concert last year with Def Leppard. He's supposed to perform at a festival in my state in September...

I've been watching the Apprentice this season and I keep thinking about the the way he speaks about his daughter on the show with so much love (he fears she also will have diabetes). I hope he pulls through for his kids. From watching the show he seems to be basically a good guy (I never watched Rock of Love).

I read that it is a "massive subarachnoid hemorrhage" -- what does that mean? Does it rate very poorly among the types of bleeding one could have? :(

Edit: I just read about it on Wikipedia and it doesn't sound good... yet I also read that his father spoke to him and he was awake. So I'm hoping....

There are too many news reports to quote, but basically his speech is slurred, his vision blurred, and ongoing dizziness remains. The bleeding point near the brain stem was still not pinpointed on last reports. The brain stem controls the bodily functions of living, basically, ie respiratory drive, cardiac drive, etc.

If this area of brain involvement was reported to me about a loved one, I'd be at the highest of concern. It could still go either way-

Hoping for the best, it's possible but not always likely in the long run in this scenario. Also hoping he is in a "stroke" level hospital that follows national AHA protocol for stroke treatment, and basically this IS a "stroke" by all definitions, ie, an occlusive or bleeding insult to the brain.

This is serious, I experience the same thing with my spouse 5 years ago it was horrible. Thank god he recovered with some repercussions. Hope he is able to get through this.

He is in my prayers. I was always a big Poison fan and I really think Bret is a good guy!

I have been watching the celebrity apprentice lately.He seems to be a really nice guy.
I hope he'll be okay.:(

I don't care much about his music or anything but I hope he's okay, he's got two young daughters. Hopefully he'll be fine soon.

This is serious, I experience the same thing with my spouse 5 years ago it was horrible. Thank god he recovered with some repercussions. Hope he is able to get through this.

I'm glad your spouse is okay :)

I'm curious to see if they can pinpoint where the bleed is coming from and what caused it. I'm sure with a few days they'll figure out the first.... not sure if they can explain why it happened though. Would diabetes have anything to do with that? I only know a little bit about it.

Not really a fan of the guy much, but like others have said, I hope he recovers.

Awh :( I hope he pulls through. :angel:

My dad's father died from a brain hemorrhage before I was born.. I wish I'd had the chance to know him.

I heard about this yesterday, sounds serious :( I hope Bret will be ok

Back