Bruce lee appreciation

OMG I love you guys! I grew up on the Bruce Lee movies! My personal favourite is The Big Boss. The music at the end is just so great :D Favourite fight would have to be the very symbolic fight against Chuck Norris. Bruce Lee inspired me to take up karate up until the age of about 14 (over 10 years! :D ). In some ways I wish I carried on after my long term injury though :(

We've also got Bloodsport fans in here?!!! *thud* I wore out my brother's VHS copy of that...I've got the DVD now obviously ;)

I like Bloodsport! :)

Bruce Lee rules!
(click to enlarge)
MJ-BLee.jpg

Besides the action do you guys think bruce lee was a good actor. I do he had a crazy intensity on film.
Bruce started out as a straight actor. He did a lot of movies as a child and teenager which were non action.

Nirvana Bruce lee movies were shown all over the world. and to be honest before mj made thriller and went into orbit Bruce lee was the guy to be more popular with around the world. i'm from Miami but my folks came from Haiti. my mom came to the states at 13 but my dad was their until he was 18. my pops told me that everybody loved Bruce lee, he was the man. they dubbed his movies in French which is Haiti's native language so everybody understood him. growing up my father had all his movies so he showed them to me growing up as a kid. i love Bruce lee man he's one of my heroes. my father told me that in the 70's nothing no era was bigger than the Bruce Lee era. he saw nothing like it until well you know thriller. and when he died no one wanted to believe it. i remember my dad telling me how he cried when Bruce died. that was my dad's hero growing up. i felt the same way when 2pac and mj passed. in way come to think of it Mike is our Bruce Lee hey go figure.

Last edited:
Wow... he was really that big of a deal ?

Lol , look at all the great role models through time
Elvis
Muhammed Ali
Bruce lee
Michael jackson
Mike tyson
Kurt Cobain ;)
Michael Jordan

And what "greats" have my generation got ..... ? ....... Britney spears , Miley cyrus ... Sigh

Btw Elvis and Bruce made a film together , well a scene were elvis sang and bruce danced but their is no sound and it's not on the internet

Bruce is MY ONLY MARTIAL ARTS ICON!!

I train In JUN FAN JEET KUNE DO!! I get trained from AN ACTUAL GUY WHO GOT , and still does get trained by a ACTUAL STUDENT OF BRUCE LEE . Michael was inspired by BRUCE and actual has put some JKD moves into his dancing , but again Made it his own!

Bruce lives on as, Michael does and forever will

I keep *THE FLAME ALIVE***

AND KEEP THE *MUSIC* ALIVE.

Terry

Yes , i think he was kicked out a class when people found out aswell

I think he also had a fight with some mafia/triad bosses son and had to leave the country

Really? He was a bit german? Where u guys have this from? Never heard of that!
He fought them and won very close, right?

Really? He was a bit german? Where u guys have this from? Never heard of that!
He fought them and won very close, right?
He had a fight with someone who was a triad member who tried to shut him down or something which apparently went on for 30 mins ... or was it 2 hours ... i don't know but i've heard it only lasted a few mins , but the only fight he lost was when he was young and jumped by a gang

Yeah , he was part german

He had a fight with someone who was a triad member who tried to shut him down or something which apparently went on for 30 mins ... or was it 2 hours ... i don't know but i've heard it only lasted a few mins , but the only fight he lost was when he was young and jumped by a gang

Yeah , he was part german

Alright, thanks for this! :)

This is true he has European ancetry but not of german but of irish form his mother who was half Irish

Thx for the thread MAKAVELIDAKING. Juan Fan was a little german on his mother's side but not irish at all. Anyway, its right that he was a deep philosopher and i like his mindset.

Once an interviewer asked him " do you still think of yourself as Chinese or do you ever think of yourself as a north American?", Lee answered : " you know what I want to think of myself ? as a human being. Because, I mean I don't want to sound like as Confucius, sayyyyyy--(joking) but under the sky, under the heaven, man, there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different."

I love to see pics of him with his students as it shows that he'd teach anyone, he didnt care about people's race.

Oh by the way, french ppl DO know Bruce lol. He's universal. I love his movies. The fight with Chuck Norris is epic. According to a documentary at the beginning of the fight he uses kung fu but he gets hit several times and uses Jeet kune do after falling one last time.

The only movie i do not really like is Game of death but its not really HIS movie as he had ideas and everything but died before shooting the whole movie so the movie was shot without him thx to the footage he had already shot and tricks like body doubles etc..... Still, his fight against Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is epic, love to see such a little guy fly kick a giant such as Jabbar.

Enter the dragon is one of my favourite movies. "Boards don't hit back!!!" The thing is ppl tried to make a name for themselves by trying to beat him during his career. It happened on the Enter the dragon set too. According to his wife, a young guy was constantly challenging him telling him: " I do not believe you can do all you say you can do !!!!!" At the beginning, Bruce kinda ignored the young guy and said: " I do not care about what you think "

The young guy then bragged about that saying that Bruce was afraid to fight him. The thing is one day Bruce could not be any more patient and finally accepted to fight the young guy. Bruce fastly hit the guy and the guy fell. He stood up with a bloody lip, and got crushed once again. Bruce's anger quickly vanished and he played with the guy until he surrendered.

According to his wife Lee did not want to hurt the guy physically, Lee just wanted to give that guy a lesson.

One of his cameraman Henry Wong witnessed one of those "enter the dragon set challenges". According to him, one of the extras asked Bruce to show him how to throw a kick in a particular way. It took Lee a lot of time to teach the guy how to throw that kick but kept on explaining the guy how to do it as he liked the guy. When Lee had to go the extra wanted to show him the technique he had learnt from him. Bruce refused so the guy said he was a coward. The guy jumped on Bruce and they briefly fought as Lee fastly blocked the guy breaking one of his rib in the process. Lee felt awkward and gave that guy's mother some money (4000 american dollars) to pay for the doctor. Henry Wong (Lee's cameraman) had filmed it all but Bruce asked him to destroy the footage.

Last edited:
I've heard of him being German being said on a documentary on the anniversary boxset of his movies (The one with the booklet).

*Slaps student over the head* "don't look...feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel." (Or something along those lines :p ).

Thx for the thread MAKAVELIDAKING. Juan Fan was a little german on his mother's side but not irish at all. Anyway, its right that he was a deep philosopher and i like his mindset.

Once an interviewer asked him " do you still think of yourself as Chinese or do you ever think of yourself as a north American?", Lee answered : " you know what I want to think of myself ? as a human being. Because, I mean I don't want to sound like as Confucius, sayyyyyy--(joking) but under the sky, under the heaven, man, there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different."

I love to see pics of him with his students as it shows that he'd teach anyone, he didnt care about people's race.

Oh by the way, french ppl DO know Bruce lol. He's universal. I love his movies. The fight with Chuck Norris is epic. According to a documentary at the beginning of the fight he uses kung fu but he gets hit several times and uses Jeet kune do after falling one last time.

The only movie i do not really like is Game of death but its not really HIS movie as he had ideas and everything but died before shooting the whole movie so the movie was shot without him thx to the footage he had already shot and tricks like body doubles etc..... Still, his fight against Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is epic, love to see such a little guy fly kick a giant such as Jabbar.

Enter the dragon is one of my favourite movies. "Boards don't hit back!!!" The thing is ppl tried to make a name for themselves by trying to beat him during his career. It happened on the Enter the dragon set too. According to his wife, a young guy was constantly challenging him telling him: " I do not believe you can do all you say you can do !!!!!" At the beginning, Bruce kinda ignored the young guy and said: " I do not care about what you think "

The young guy then bragged about that saying that Bruce was afraid to fight him. The thing is one day Bruce could not be any more patient and finally accepted to fight the young guy. Bruce fastly hit the guy and the guy fell. He stood up with a bloody lip, and got crushed once again. Bruce's anger quickly vanished and he played with the guy until he surrendered.

According to his wife Lee did not want to hurt the guy physically, Lee just wanted to give that guy a lesson.

One of his cameraman Henry Wong witnessed one of those "enter the dragon set challenges". According to him, one of the extras asked Bruce to show him how to throw a kick in a particular way. It took Lee a lot of time to teach the guy how to throw that kick but kept on explaining the guy how to do it as he liked the guy. When Lee had to go the extra wanted to show him the technique he had learnt from him. Bruce refused so the guy said he was a coward. The guy jumped on Bruce and they briefly fought as Lee fastly blocked the guy breaking one of his rib in the process. Lee felt awkward and gave that guy's mother some money (4000 american dollars) to pay for the doctor. Henry Wong (Lee's cameraman) had filmed it all but Bruce asked him to destroy the footage.

Yeah, I have a few videos and a documentary dvd of him where it explains all of this - so great! :)

Yeah, I have a few videos and a documentary dvd of him where it explains all of this - so great! :)

Hello eStyle. What video/documentary are you referring to please ? I'd like to watch them. I hope its available on Youtube.

What do you think about Chuck Norris saying he could beat Lee because he is a professional fighter ? I mean maybe some would say he did not really say that. I'll you judge, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcl81ldNODc

Last edited:
Hello eStyle. What video/documentary are you referring to please ? I'd like to watch them. I hope its available on Youtube.

What do you think about Chuck Norris saying he could beat Lee because he is a professional fighter ? I mean maybe some would say he did not really say that. I'll you judge, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcl81ldNODc

Hi! ;)
Thanks for the video, didn't know this one before!
Well, it is very interesting what Chuck is sayin' there. I mean he's not saying he could've beat Bruce but the way he's sayin' "...u know I was a professional fighter and he wasn't but he was good..." made me really think for a second. I don't know if he could've beaten him, either. It's hard to say, I mean Chuck was world champion and Bruce was one of the best, fastest and fittest fighters ever and he beat some very bad guys, either. He also made some real fights without wantin' to fight as u already explained before but he had to, so he did and won. He did not only win, he punished his opponents and won very fast, extremely fast. So come to the question 'Could Chuck Norris beat Bruce Lee' I'd really have to say I don't know. Good question that is...

The DVD where I heard these things is called "The curse of the dragon" when I exactly translate it into english from german. It's a documentary.

The english version isn't available anymore, it is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Curse-Dragon-...ef=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1263446353&sr=8-4

And that is the german version:

http://www.amazon.de/Bruce-Lee-Fluc...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1263446427&sr=8-1

That's all! ;)
So, what do you think about the fight Bruce vs. Chuck?

i think Bruce would win, because he becomes the water.
and, because there's always someone who likes to say they could beat him. and i feel less confident for that person, than i would if Bruce said that he thought he could beat Chuck Norris.

Thx for the links eStyle. I already have the VHS. To answer your question, i dunno. Do you mean in a street fight or in a fight with rules ? To be fair with Chuck, i do not know the guy, i saw him in Lee's movie and the tv show walker texas ranger. Lee definitely knew street fighting, i think he even mocked some chinese styles for not being effective. Off the top of my head i'd say Lee would have won all day but maybe im a little biased. Maybe Lee would have lost after eating one of his "special cookies"......... sorry bad joke.

Is it true that he would have fought Bolo in the Game of death if he hadn't died ?

By the way is his daughter still in the movie industry ? I dunno know much about her career. Last time i saw her she was in the tv show called "Martial Law" with Sammo Hung. That was years ago.

Last edited:
Back