Bruce lee appreciation

Thx for the links eStyle. I already have the VHS. To answer your question, i dunno. Do you mean in a street fight or in a fight with rules ? To be fair with Chuck, i do not know the guy, i saw him in Lee's movie and the tv show walker texas ranger. Lee definitely knew street fighting, i think he even mocked some chinese styles for not being effective. Off the top of my head i'd say Lee would have won all day but maybe im a little biased. Maybe Lee would have lost after eating one of his "special cookies"......... sorry bad joke.

Hmm, in a fight with rules maybe it'd be a lil' harder for Bruce but I think he still could do it but who knows... On the other hand, if they really had a problem with each other I think noone would sit there before the fight and say, "Hey, let's make the fight with rules". And before somebody could say that Bruce would knock him off anyway, I guess, haha! :D

Is it true that he would have fought Bolo in the Game of death if he hadn't died ?

By the way is his daughter still in the movie industry ? I dunno know much about her career. Last time i saw her she was in the tv show called "Martial Law" with Sammo Hung. That was years ago.

I can't answer these two questions, I don't know...

Maybe Chuck could have beat him, if he only used one fighting style, but since Bruce chose to combine styles, thereby becoming more efficient, I think Bruce would win.

I mean that's the reason why Bruce invented Jeet Kune Do;
To "be like water..", instead of being a square, when only a triangular shape will work.

""Practicality, flexibility, speed, and efficiency" aka. Jeet Kune Do.
Yeah, Bruce would do just fine in a street fight.

(He's a childhood idol of mine. So, yeah.. That's all I have to say about That *nod) :punk:

ESTYLE: You asked for a source on "Chuck said Bruce would win"? Found one.. Came across it yesterday. At 0:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH7D8-eXsnM

Maybe Chuck could have beat him, if he only used one fighting style, but since Bruce chose to combine styles, thereby becoming more efficient, I think Bruce would win.

I mean that's the reason why Bruce invented Jeet Kune Do;
To "be like water..", instead of being a square, when only a triangular shape will work.

""Practicality, flexibility, speed, and efficiency" aka. Jeet Kune Do.
Yeah, Bruce would do just fine in a street fight.

(He's a childhood idol of mine. So, yeah.. That's all I have to say about That *nod) :punk:

ESTYLE: You asked for a source on "Chuck said Bruce would win"? Found one.. Came across it yesterday. At 0:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH7D8-eXsnM

Thank you very much! :)
And I agree to what you said, by the way! ;)

I take it Kis has a source for your , but im surprised not many people seem to know that chuck said that , i've seen it written and quoted many times but i can't find it at the moment

You see, that must be the reason why I didn't hear about it! :D

I hope everyone has watched his movies in Cantonese - his native language. :)

I hope everyone has watched his movies in Cantonese - his native language. :)

I watched his movies in german and english and it's great! Makes no sense to watch them in cantonese when I don't understand anything! ;)
But the "aaaaawwwww", "hooooyaaaaa" and "rrrrrrrrrrr"s are in english and german, as well! :D
In "Enter The Dragon" he's speaking english himself, anyway - it's his own voice! :)

I watched his movies in german and english and it's great! Makes no sense to watch them in cantonese when I don't understand anything! ;)
But the "aaaaawwwww", "hooooyaaaaa" and "rrrrrrrrrrr"s are in english and german, as well! :D
In "Enter The Dragon" he's speaking english himself, anyway - it's his own voice! :)
There's something special when you watch them in Cantonese (and I'm not talking about 'Enter The Dragon'.) ;) Now I may be biased when I say that because it's also my native language, but I reckon the sounds of the dialogue and expressions in Cantonese add a lot to the feel of the movie.

Dubbing

Actually, other than Enter The Dragon, they're all dubbed, even the Cantonese versions. In Hong Kong during that time, movies were usually shot with no sound because it is real noisy there. In Enter The Dragon, Shih Kien's (who played Han) dialogue was dubbed because he didn't speak English.

There's something special when you watch them in Cantonese (and I'm not talking about 'Enter The Dragon'.) ;) Now I may be biased when I say that because it's also my native language, but I reckon the sounds of the dialogue and expressions in Cantonese add a lot to the feel of the movie.

Yepp, I know what u mean, tho'!
To me the movies are always best in their original. For example: If a movie has been made in turkey it's best in turkish. If one has been made in the USA, the feeling is best in english and so on... ;)

Actually, other than Enter The Dragon, they're all dubbed, even the Cantonese versions. In Hong Kong during that time, movies were usually shot with no sound because it is real noisy there. In Enter The Dragon, Shih Kien's (who played Han) dialogue was dubbed because he didn't speak English.

Yepp, ur right with this! :)
I thought CarinaT wrote this because she wanted to say the movie is way better with Bruce's legendary "screamings/shoutings" and that's why I said this above. But these shoutings are in english and german anyway, even if they're dubbed. ;)

Re: Dubbing

eStyle, you're right, it's always best in its original language. It matches the atmosphere, the people, the culture.

Yep, I know that. :) When I spoke about the charm of hearing it in Cantonese, I meant that at least you'd hear how Bruce would have sounded in his own language.

No no no no no, the real question rather would be Bruce vs me!!!

:p

23k4sci.jpg

Hi all my first post! Luv this thread and the sharing :) . Can anyone confirm if MJ collected Bruce Lee's autograph memorabilia ? Read somewhere he had a collection.

^^^ Hi there, sorry i have no idea.

Ma fave Lee movie is Enter The Dragon. Do you guys know who Yuen Wah is ? In Enter The Dragon, he appears on three occasions as Bruce Lee's body double. Number one, during the fight against Sammo Hung the UFC kind of gloves. When you see Bruce do that kip up kind of move (when he jumps backwards, lands on his hands and goes back to standing), that's Yuen Wah. Same for the part where you see Bruce jumps over arms to celebrate his victory at the end of that fight. Third time is when you see Lee kicking Oharra while performing that backflip thing. That's actually Yuen Wah. I love that kick lol, "Oharra !!!!"

This video is a longer version of the previous one but the quality is mediocre:

Guys, i have a stupid question, um i've seen a version of "Way Of The Dragon" in which the screams are different from the one in the original version. In my opinion, this little change spoils the scene even if his moves are still beautiful. I read that for this movie, as Bruce Lee could not talk Mandarin Chinese (at that time movies were released in this language), another actor dubbed his voice. Lee dubbed one of the black actors' voice and performed the fight screams during the post-production. Does it mean that, in reality, Lee would not scream while shooting a scene to focus on the moves or does it mean that he would edit the screams by keeping the best ones and adding others ? The fact that you hear his real speaking voice ant that his screams sound so raw most of the time are a part of the reasons why i love "Enter The Dragon". I wish the "making of" footage of ETD had been saved (i mean, more than the lil pieces you can find on youtube).
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Last edited:
Back