buying tickets from ebay question?

^Everything looks really good with that person except that there are three auctions and each of them say they have two tickets each, so that would mean he is selling 6 tickets? Unless he messed up on that somehow. But the things they have going for them are being online since 2002, and having 100% positive response with a value of (94). I wonder if he is aware of the four ticket limit. Might be worth asking him about because maybe he bought 6 tickets but didn't know that he will only get four. Sounds like he is reputable though.

^Everything looks really good with that person except that there are three auctions and each of them say they have two tickets each, so that would mean he is selling 6 tickets? Unless he messed up on that somehow. But the things they have going for them are being online since 2002, and having 100% positive response with a value of (94). I wonder if he is aware of the four ticket limit. Might be worth asking him about because maybe he bought 6 tickets but didn't know that he will only get four. Sounds like he is reputable though.
how did you know who it was, because i didn,t give you any link yet,
yes i realised that he has 2 other listings for 2 tickets,
and i asked him about this and he said i can assure you that i will not be subject to tickmasters linmit of 4 per household address,

I was replying to the person right above me who posted a link. I was assuming they wanted feedback on the person. lol.. no worries.

Alright, I got a reply from someone on ebay that I emailed about tickets to find out about the validity of them and I would like people's reactions and opinions on it whether this could be true or not. I don't want him get "busted" and have tickets of his removed and have people who paid for them out the tickets and I hope that can't happen, but if he is being dishonest and doesn't have tickets, I would like to figure that out too. This is what I wrote to him:
Hello, I am interested in your Michael Jackson concert tickets but because there is so much fraud online, I would like to clarify some things that worry me, as well as bring up something that you may not have known. You have had one auction for two tickets already close, and you have two more, each with two tickets also for sale. How is this possible? People were only allowed to purchase 4 tickets maximum per household, per credit card? Is it possible that two of your tickets will be canceled? They have been canceling any tickets over the first four per household for everyone who has purchased. So that has me concerned about your auctions. Were you aware of that ticket limit? How are you able to make sure that your extra tickets won't be canceled for those who purchase them from you?

And what he wrote back is:
I have had a total of 12 tickets on sale, 8 of which have now sold some tickets did not sell first time around which is the reason for relisting etc you mention. As far as the limit of 4 per household I was fortunate to secure my tickets from a number of retailers, some in presale and some on general sale and have since confirmed all of my tickets will be delivered to me and will not be cancelled.

I hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards

The questions that come up now for me is how can he find tickets from sources other than ticketmaster where he could buy them and still make money selling them on ebay? Ticketmaster and AEG had the 4 ticket per household limit. He claims to have bought during the presale and then the general sale, but that would still limit him to only 4 tickets.

I don't really want to get into this further with him personally, I am just too busy, but maybe someone could help me out with understanding how it is possible for him to do this, if it is, indeed possible.

Thank you!

Alright, I got a reply from someone on ebay that I emailed about tickets to find out about the validity of them and I would like people's reactions and opinions on it whether this could be true or not. I don't want him get "busted" and have tickets of his removed and have people who paid for them out the tickets and I hope that can't happen, but if he is being dishonest and doesn't have tickets, I would like to figure that out too. This is what I wrote to him:

The questions that come up now for me is how can he find tickets from sources other than ticketmaster where he could buy them and still make money selling them on ebay? Ticketmaster and AEG had the 4 ticket per household limit. He claims to have bought during the presale and then the general sale, but that would still limit him to only 4 tickets.

I don't really want to get into this further with him personally, I am just too busy, but maybe someone could help me out with understanding how it is possible for him to do this, if it is, indeed possible.

Thank you!
this is not the person i bought my tickets off,is it angel?

Thank you!

Hey, I also ordered tickets from different outlets, and when the whole thing kicked off with the ticket limit confusion I was also worried bout loosing my tickets. I have since spoke to AEG, See tickets, Ticketmaster twice (cos they are so inconsistent) and the o2 and they have all informed me that my tickets are safe, as seperate outlets cannot cross reference their orders with each other to enforce the 4 per household across all outlets. Hope this helps.

I think you'll find that the person that posted the link is the actual seller of the tickets. I don't think he was looking for feedback but you raised some good points! He had a few listed the other day.

I sold all my tickets on ebay, but we now have the problem of paypal not letting us use them for payment!!

They told me that because the tickets where not being dispatched within 20 days of the sale it wasn't possible for me to use them!!!!

I think now is when the fun and games will start !!!

well i have read paypal only offers protection to tangible items, tickets are not tangible.

I have complained to Ebay and Paypal about this, as ebay are letting people list there tickets and then paypal are say no!!!

you mean that you are not protect by paypal ?

taken from paypals policy

'13.4 What items are not covered by PayPal’s Protection for buyers

PayPal’s protection for buyers only applies to payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for: intangibles, services, vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats), custom made items, airline flight tickets, eBay classified advertisements, items prohibited under our Acceptable Use Policy or licences and other access to digital content (collectively, “Ineligible Items”) are not eligible under PayPal’s protections for buyers. Please also note that “Significantly Not as Described” Claims which are associated with a purchase of an item outside of eBay are not eligible for re-imbursement under PayPal’s protections for buyers. '

i take it concert tickets are intangible

Last edited:
taken from paypals policy

'13.4 What items are not covered by PayPal’s Protection for buyers

PayPal’s protection for buyers only applies to payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for: intangibles, services, vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats), custom made items, airline flight tickets, eBay classified advertisements, items prohibited under our Acceptable Use Policy or licences and other access to digital content (collectively, “Ineligible Items”) are not eligible under PayPal’s protections for buyers. Please also note that “Significantly Not as Described” Claims which are associated with a purchase of an item outside of eBay are not eligible for re-imbursement under PayPal’s protections for buyers. '

i take it concert tickets are intangible

Oh dear. =/ Yeah.. essentially any tickets.

i sold all my tickets on ebay, but we now have the problem of paypal not letting us use them for payment!!

They told me that because the tickets where not being dispatched within 20 days of the sale it wasn't possible for me to use them!!!!

I think now is when the fun and games will start !!!
i only listed mine,and had trouble with paypal,they limited my account,so in the end i just cancelled my listing.

no need to be protect by paypal

just sell your tickets, get the payment via paypal

and just it, all ok

i got this email this morning from paypal regarding my purchase of some mj tickets from ebay.

The seller has provided the following Package Tracking Information for your review:

Postal Company: Cannot Provide Tracking
Package Tracking Number: na

The seller has provided the following Order Status information for your review:

Order Status: Posted

The seller is providing this feature through the PayPal website as a means for communicating this information to you. Please note that the Package Tracking Information and Order Status displayed above is exactly as the seller entered it.

If you have questions about this transaction, PayPal encourages you to directly contact the seller to amicably resolve any outstanding questions you might have.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

i don,t understand where it says status(posted) as noone has received any tickets from ticketmaster,
i have sent the seller an email asking what this means because noone has their tickets yet.

Status: posted probably refers to the confirmation rather than the ticket, as in the eyes of the seller they are now no longer their tickets. Otherwise that might have been to save their ass from bad feedback as we know that they're not supposed to be selling tickets that they don't already have in their hands. Hope it's cleared up soon for you though :)

Status: posted probably refers to the confirmation rather than the ticket, as in the eyes of the seller they are now no longer their tickets. Otherwise that might have been to save their ass from bad feedback as we know that they're not supposed to be selling tickets that they don't already have in their hands. Hope it's cleared up soon for you though :)
yes you,ve probably got a point there,it could mean the confirmation,

Back