buying tickets from ebay question?

The shows I'm going to are on 30July, August 3rd and August17.
My question is: can I pick them up at the box office if I paid with my own credit card?? And can I pick all of them up on ssay the 29th of July???

Also when they send the confirmation , call ticketmaster and quote the reference number which will be on the email ask them to confirm the name, and seats, date etc to see if it matches, also the address where the tickets are being posted too and see if it matches with the sellers address (if they fail to provide oyu with there home adresss steer clear) x

I'am thinking of doing that, but what is ticketmaster opinion of ebay sellers and buyers? are ticketmaster ok whith that?
I'am just afraid that they cancel the tickets if they know I have bought them from ebay.

I'am thinking of doing that, but what is ticketmaster opinion of ebay sellers and buyers? are ticketmaster ok whith that?
I'am just afraid that they cancel the tickets if they know I have bought them from ebay.

I have just posted a topic on how to varify your tickets through ticketmaster automated system :)

i am at the moment bidding for 2 tickets,the seller seems quite genuine had replys to my messages ,she has 100%feedback and confirmation will be sent once payment is made.
because i was worried about
buying off ebay i sent the 02 an email about it,
this is thier reply,

Thanks for the e-mail

As expected, lots of people are attempting to sell tickets for Michael Jackson at The O2 on various websites and this is something we are aware of.

I can assure you that there are the strictest procedures in place to avoid touting. Customers can only buy 4 tickets for any event on a single credit/debit card for any home address and any purchases that exceed this are cancelled and where touting is suspected, the correct procedures are taken to prevent further abuse and to prosecute those involved. The reclaimed tickets are then resold. We also have a very active Commercial Protection Unit who scour EBay, fraudulent sales sites and prosecute known touts. They have been very successful in doing this for previous shows so there is a chance that more tickets will become available closer to the date of the concert. I must add that you will not find touts on our land before a show, as they are dealt with immediately by the police and our own teams.
I
It will take some time, but all sites we discover selling these tickets will be investigated.
would also say that many of the tickets you see for ‘sale’ on eBay do not actually exist, and I would never recommend buying tickets for any event through unofficial sources.

If you were unable to obtain tickets for one of the dates I would recommend checking www.ticketmaster.co.uk closer to the time of the shows to see if more are available.

However quite often the promoter do keep tickets for friends and family and release the ones they are not using at the last minute. What you should do is sign up our news letter and as soon as some tickets are release you will receive an email.

http://www.theo2.co.uk/inside/newsletter.html

You have to understand that more than 4 million of us wanted tickets for Michael Jackson show and of course it means that there are many disappointed people around.

Kind regards,

Customer Services
The O2
Peninsula Square
London, SE10 0DX
www.theo2.co.uk
T: +44 (0) 20 8463 2000

this makes me feel abit better
quote..................

We also have a very active Commercial Protection Unit who scour EBay,
they do reccomend you don,t buy tickets from unnoficial sources,we know that ,but if they are sold out by official websites what other options do we have.

Oh wow they gave you a really nice and detailed reply... good customer service unlike Ticketmaster. :mad:

That was my biggest concern buying off Ebay!! That people were selling their 'spare' ones (i.e tickets above the 4-limit per household) so you could pay a fortune out for tickets off there and then find that they are taken off you anyway!!

4 million people wanted tickets??? Hotdamn! This can mean only one thing... if MJ were to schedule concerts in another city somewhere, he still has a healthy audience of ppl ready, willing and waiting to pounce on those tickets.

Thanks for the email.

Go Michael!! :D

You have to understand that more than 4 million of us wanted tickets for Michael Jackson show and of course it means that there are many disappointed people around.

WOW - 4 million? - That's crazy!

after loosing my bid yesterday on ebay,i have decided to wait and keep checking ticketmater,as yesterday some surplus tickets were up for re-sale,so there is always a chance in the next week or so that more will come up.(i.e people who have exceeded the 4 limit tickets cancelled)atleast this way you know you are getting from a reliable source,i am not saying people who have got tickets from ebay thats not reliable,but as someone pointed out in this thread,how do we know the people selling tickets that are on sale on ebay,havn,t exceeded the 4 limit and could have their tickets cancelled.

as far as i am aware it is not illegal to resell tickets unless it is for a football game. what is classified as touting? anyone know?

4 million fans:bugeyed..
Holly crapp..:clapping:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!! Michael way to go..
Please come to:angel::timer: Sweden & Denmark?:wub: ;)

I bought tickets to Red Hot Chili Peppers 3 days before the concert from Ebay... Genuine seller, arrived by special delivery too :D

I'm not sure I would take my chances with MJ tickets, I sense there's too many opportunists :mad:

yea i would say keep checking ticket masted untill more near the date if you dont have a ticket and really wnt to go try and get it off ebay and hopfully they will be dispatched by then and its best to have the real thing infront of u and you can get it checked with ticketmaster but the seller might be dodgy and could sell it to you and then phone ticketmaster and say they never recieved or worst it could be a stolen ticket and you will lose out, at least you can try and get ticketmaster to ask the buyer to check if he sold it on ebay via e-mail or phonecall

if it all goes wrong you can complain to paypal and hopfully get a refund and then try and buy from a genuine seller with loads of good feedback or maybe someone on here (i mightbhave a few but gotta wait nearer the date)

i signed up to a website called ready steady bid a few months ago and they recently contacted me with regards to helping test there website which isnt ready yet. so i being curious said yes. anywho, one of there team called me and gave me a link to there test site to begin testing it and on there homepage there is a thing at the top sayin they r launchin the site beginning of april and are offering 2 tickets in a auction. i asked the guy what it was about and he said they couldnt release any details. next time i looked they had removed the message. strange. but i will keep an eye on it.

i have purchaced to tickets off ebay this morning for the 10th august ,the seller has 100%feedback,i have sent him an email ,not heard anything yet,but it was only this morning,
i was a little reluctant buying from ebay but i was desperate,
i,ve got to think positve that there are a lot of people that are genuine,

i have purchaced to tickets off ebay this morning for the 10th august ,the seller has 100%feedback,i have sent him an email ,not heard anything yet,but it was only this morning,
i was a little reluctant buying from ebay but i was desperate,
i,ve got to think positve that there are a lot of people that are genuine,

Fingers crossed for you I am sure it will be fine and work out x

i sold two of mine on ebay , and the person who brought them will definatly get hers so there are truthfull sellers on ebay - cause i am one!
Keep positive and it will happen!

The auctions/listings I've been bidding on lately keep getting removed. X_X I wonder if it's the seller removing the listing or they're been removed by authorities because they turn out to be fake. :S So hard to get tix without getting ripped off from a genuine seller. *sigh*

The auctions/listings I've been bidding on lately keep getting removed. X_X I wonder if it's the seller removing the listing or they're been removed by authorities because they turn out to be fake. :S So hard to get tix without getting ripped off from a genuine seller. *sigh*

I think they proberly may have been emailed buy it now offers to take them off ebay , i know i got lots of offers everyday to take them off.

I don't know if it has been said but you have to look at more than just the feedback. Look at how long they have been on Ebay and read through the feedback. I spent $620 on a Wii and Wii fit before Christmas which was supposed to get there before Christmas. The man had 100% feedback, however I didn't look further into it. Most of his feedback was for buying, and he had only been online for a couple months. I looked after instead of before because it was almost ending and I wanted to get one for the kids so I bid and won. Christmas came and went and nothing though at first the guy wrote back to reassure me that he was doing all he could to get it from his suppliers. In January I decided to file a complaint because the guy wasn't getting back to me and then was suddenly gone from Ebay. Kicked off. At that point, it is almost like Ebay is protecting THEM because you can't get information about them anymore. Keep every bit of correspondence and bill and everything. I had requested their personal info before he was kicked off, fortunately, though me phoning him and leaving messages didn't help as he didn't return them. After I complained to PayPal, he sent them a tracking number for the supposed Wii and Wii fit. I tracked down what happened to that package by phoning Canada post who told me that he either provided a false tracking number, or he didn't send that package to my address. It WAS to the same province. I thought that would be proof enough for PayPal to rule in my favour. Apparently they figure that if it is in the same province, it's good enough for them. They ruled in HIS favour so I had to take it up with my credit card. I had to send proof of the address I gave him (which was on the paypal invoice or something, can't remember now) and it had the date on it. I sent probably about 20 pages of information including our correspondence and my now interpretation of things. I sen't my information and my %100 positive feedback and that he was kicked off of Ebay, and I think I had a screenshot of his eventual negative feedback from other customers like me who were getting the run around. Finally after having to go through my credit card, and I think about three months since I had paid for this thing (though the credit card was fast) I got my money back.

Use a credit card that will take care of things like this for you in the event that you are ripped off. They did not reimburse the interest I had to pay on that money. I won't ever use Ebay for expensive things again. Maybe for cheap, though since then I have never used it again so far.

Just to add, there are honest people on Ebay, just like there are honest people anywhere, even used car salesmen, however, the crooks and scam artists are also there and will make things bad for the ones who are honest. I bought from some honest people on there. I love the juicy couture tracksuits I got for my daughters. So they were good, and about half price of what Id pay in a store, and they were brand new. Yes there are good ones, but you have to be aware of the ones who are con artists as well because I can almost guarantee there will be people who do the same as this guy because it is an expensive, and hot ticket item. Oh, most likely if they are selling more than the four maximum allotted tickets, they are false, because how can they sell more than that? If someone has been on there for a number of years selling similar things with 100% positive feedback for SELLING, not just buying, then you probably will be just fine. Pay close attention to the negative, and do some sleuthing before you buy. Click and read. You can learn lots by doing that. Read the negative feedback, see if it was resolved, and read the negative feedback persons profile as well, because sometimes it's not from a reputable person. Sometimes it is.

If I still needed to buy tickets, I would be going to ticketmaster and keep going back and checking for tickets, or Viagogo, because they are supposed to be approved by AEG, but I have not experienced that to know how it can go. It is supposed to be secure though and safe for buying. I should look at the process of selling though to see.

Last edited:
I don't know if it has been said but you have to look at more than just the feedback. Look at how long they have been on Ebay and read through the feedback. I spent $620 on a Wii and Wii fit before Christmas which was supposed to get there before Christmas. The man had 100% feedback, however I didn't look further into it. Most of his feedback was for buying, and he had only been online for a couple months. I looked after instead of before because it was almost ending and I wanted to get one for the kids so I bid and won. Christmas came and went and nothing though at first the guy wrote back to reassure me that he was doing all he could to get it from his suppliers. In January I decided to file a complaint because the guy wasn't getting back to me and then was suddenly gone from Ebay. Kicked off. At that point, it is almost like Ebay is protecting THEM because you can't get information about them anymore. Keep every bit of correspondence and bill and everything. I had requested their personal info before he was kicked off, fortunately, though me phoning him and leaving messages didn't help as he didn't return them. After I complained to PayPal, he sent them a tracking number for the supposed Wii and Wii fit. I tracked down what happened to that package by phoning Canada post who told me that he either provided a false tracking number, or he didn't send that package to my address. It WAS to the same province. I thought that would be proof enough for PayPal to rule in my favour. Apparently they figure that if it is in the same province, it's good enough for them. They ruled in HIS favour so I had to take it up with my credit card. I had to send proof of the address I gave him (which was on the paypal invoice or something, can't remember now) and it had the date on it. I sent probably about 20 pages of information including our correspondence and my now interpretation of things. I sen't my information and my %100 positive feedback and that he was kicked off of Ebay, and I think I had a screenshot of his eventual negative feedback from other customers like me who were getting the run around. Finally after having to go through my credit card, and I think about three months since I had paid for this thing (though the credit card was fast) I got my money back.

Use a credit card that will take care of things like this for you in the event that you are ripped off. They did not reimburse the interest I had to pay on that money. I won't ever use Ebay for expensive things again. Maybe for cheap, though since then I have never used it again so far.

Just to add, there are honest people on Ebay, just like there are honest people anywhere, even used car salesmen, however, the crooks and scam artists are also there and will make things bad for the ones who are honest. I bought from some honest people on there. I love the juicy couture tracksuits I got for my daughters. So they were good, and about half price of what Id pay in a store, and they were brand new. Yes there are good ones, but you have to be aware of the ones who are con artists as well because I can almost guarantee there will be people who do the same as this guy because it is an expensive, and hot ticket item. Oh, most likely if they are selling more than the four maximum allotted tickets, they are false, because how can they sell more than that? If someone has been on there for a number of years selling similar things with 100% positive feedback for SELLING, not just buying, then you probably will be just fine. Pay close attention to the negative, and do some sleuthing before you buy. Click and read. You can learn lots by doing that. Read the negative feedback, see if it was resolved, and read the negative feedback persons profile as well, because sometimes it's not from a reputable person. Sometimes it is.

If I still needed to buy tickets, I would be going to ticketmaster and keep going back and checking for tickets, or Viagogo, because they are supposed to be approved by AEG, but I have not experienced that to know how it can go. It is supposed to be secure though and safe for buying. I should look at the process of selling though to see.

Wow @ that guy. -______-" Glad you got your money back. That's such a pain in the ass. I'm not going to bother looking for tix on ebay anymore. T_T

It doesn't mean that there is going to be a problem with them though :) As Quix said, there are still a lot of genuine people on there.

The most important thing is not to buy from someone who lives very far from you or who can't be at the arena because you might have a problem in receiving the ticket on time due to the fact that we know tickets might be shipped 7 days before the concert starts...

Also what you can do is email the seller too see if they will be attending on the same date evn be sitting next to you! As i bet alot of ebay tickets were brought in 4's but there selling two!

this is worrying now,i have bought 2 tickets off ebay for £299
Can you share who you bought from or give a link? Or instead of that just look at the things I mentioned. Have they been a member with positive selling feedback for a long time, as in years? Or are they new with only positive buyers feedback with little to no sellers feedback? What does the feedback for them as the seller say? What else do they usually sell? Have they replied to you? If you are worried about when and how you will receive the tickets, write to them about your concerns. If their answers seem fishy, then look further into it.

Can you share who you bought from or give a link? Or instead of that just look at the things I mentioned. Have they been a member with positive selling feedback for a long time, as in years? Or are they new with only positive buyers feedback with little to no sellers feedback? What does the feedback for them as the seller say? What else do they usually sell? Have they replied to you? If you are worried about when and how you will receive the tickets, write to them about your concerns. If their answers seem fishy, then look further into it.
i will try and send you a link tomorrow when i go on ebay,i,ll send to you in pm,as the person might be really genuine ,and i wouldn,t want to share his ebay name here for everyone to see,so i,ll pm you,maybe you can have a quick look for me,he seems o.k i,ve done some of the above you mentioned ,also had a few emails from him.

Back