Can you imagine the backlash MJ would've faced if he'd survived??

MattyJam

Guests
I was thinking about this today... you just know if Michael had been saved on 6/25 that he would've received a huge backlash from his critics.

The rumour mill and tabloid stories were at fever pitch in the months prior to his death. As soon as he announced those concerts it started... he had MRSA, he was terminally ill, he had cancer. They were doing everything they could to try and portay him as a dying man.

The sad thing is, if he had survived, the media (and a lot of fans too) would've turned on him, claiming that he was just trying to get out of the London shows.

Talk about a no-win situation.

Any thoughts/opinions?

yes, I agree. if he had survived it would have happened. the media would have been ruthless.

however I think most fans would have been supportive and understanding and that would have helped Michael..

the media would have said anything so get readers

I do know that his death has opened up many people to sympathize with him because they were fed so much false information and finally took the time to learn about him until after he died
but
there would be no major changes, he would continue with his normal life, the tabloids would make their sensational exaggerated stories and false claims and his supporters would back him even more

there would be some minor backlash likely spurred by tabloids and bad journalists but there is no reason for it, even if he wanted to back out of the concerts he has every right to
and if the backlash was for the drug use, again he has every right to. He was the most famous person to ever live, i'm surprised he only took painkillers and anesthesia and not harder street drugs

He is only human and that's what so many people failed to recognize which is why everyone, fan or not, couldn't believe when he died

there would be some minor backlash likely spurred by tabloids and bad journalists

I think you're hugely under-estimating things. If MJ had been saved and the concerts cancelled the backlash would've been massive.

This wasn't just a small handful of shows, this was an explosive 50 show comeback of epic proportions. The media were just waiting for MJ to slip up and a lot of fans would've accused MJ of doing it on purpose to get out of the shows. It would've gotten ugly, that much is for sure.

I think Michael would do the shows anyway, if he survived
With some delay off course

I think you're hugely under-estimating things. If MJ had been saved and the concerts cancelled the backlash would've been massive.

This wasn't just a small handful of shows, this was an explosive 50 show comeback of epic proportions. The media were just waiting for MJ to slip up and a lot of fans would've accused MJ of doing it on purpose to get out of the shows. It would've gotten ugly, that much is for sure.

I don't think any true fan would have accused Michael of doing it on purpose. I mean, we, who have been fans since 'forever', know what this man had been through all his life and could understand if he felt he wasn't feeling up for it at a certain point.

I think the media would still have given him crap bout the fact he used drugs to help him sleep & blah..etc etc

No matter what he did poor michael could never get a break from them

I just keep on thinking, what if he never died or "almost died". He would have by now released a brand new album, done the 50 concerts, maybe more, done few performances here and there, made some videos, promoting stuff, helping out more people in need, meeting Obama, I mean... GREATEST COMEBACK EVER.

It just seems so unreal still, after over 1 year...

I think if they managed to get him back he would have been in a vegetative state.....which in my opinion is quite horrible...

If somehow he woudlve made it and be okay yeah, the media wouldve had a field day *sigh*

It does'nt matter if June 25th had'nt happened.....

For years the 'in' thing was to disrespect and ridicule Michael for doing even the slightest thing, that would've continued and as we all can now see, that was some damn stress to be dealing with!

The media CHOSE to cut Madonna some slack.....The media CHOSE to continue with the 'crucifiction' of Michael Jackson, June 25th came as no surprise to them 'cause its what they were waiting for.

And btw, I am sure Michael would've dealt with any backlash if it meant him being with his children for years to come.

Last edited:
The media ppl would have been just like they always were: looking for good selling and rare true stories.
But also fans would have been just like they always were: supporting, carrying and thankful for every glimpse of our Michael.
I'd give anything to experience this backlash and to support Michael in it... however bizarre it may now sound :(

He survived in 2005 when they try to kill him by keeping him dehydrated feeding him meds and he out lived that because he knew how to maintain his body with fresh fruit and vegetables. This time they coursed him to have an heart attack. Yes the media would of ragged him along with people who claim he was an addict talking real side ways if he. If he would of live he wouldn't of been his self and would of had a stoke either on his left or right side of his body do to his major heart attack just want to say F' the secert society god has y'all numbers

Everything Michael did can be considered to have backlash, it was part of his life. If he had gone into cardiac arrest and lived but called off the show how could people justify backlash?
He was unjustly forced to perform 50 concerts at the age of 50 and couldn't handle the demand and stress? hardly a reason

On the other hand if he had faked the whole ordeal to get out of the concerts(which we know he would never do) the same goes as if he the situation was real.

The main point is that its selfish to demand too much from an artist, and many rational people would clearly see this and support MJ rather than create backlash if he had survived.

who really cares. id give anything for him to be here with his kids.

I don't think so. I think that it would have been scary....facts coming out about how sloppy Conrad Murray was, and he (MJ) may actually had won some people over. And, I think - if he survived, and wasn't too bad off...he would have done those shows anyway, so they couldn't use the "he just wanted to get out of London" excuse. Michael Jackson was a professional.

I couldn't imagine people being so mean and vindictive as to actually wanted MJ dead. Nope, can't see that at all.

Last edited:
When you think about it, when it came to the media/tabloids, Michael was always betweeen a rock and a hard place. Damn if he did, damn if he didn't. It was amazing that he never became bitter.

yes. every post i put up, pretty much reflects that, but i tend to wonder about how i would be viewed. but, track records have a hard time lying. because Michael seemed to be better than Houdini, escaping many bad things, people seemed to resent that..including the people you'd think should not resent it. and that is something i resent, every day.

it just never seemed to occur to some people, that Michael Jackson would be the type of person that would be the target of shady business deals. and that him saying no, was not him being a flake..it was him being smart.

and the thing that got to me most, is that if Michael said no to something, there were more than a few people who treated it like men tend to treat a girl when she says no. to them, no meant yes. that frustrates the hell out of me, to no end, to this day.

Last edited:

Yeah, but life would go on and MJ would survive and be with his family and those who love him. I'd take a few grumbles from fans and critics any day to have MJ back.

I never even thought of that and i don't really care, anyone who loves michael would rather have him back despite any backlash.

I'd do anything to still have him on this planet, with his kids, as you all have said, even if it meant never performing again or appearing in public or anything. Just knowing he'd be out there.... would be so wonderful. His true fans would understand and love him always.

I was thinking about this today... you just know if Michael had been saved on 6/25 that he would've received a huge backlash from his critics.

The rumour mill and tabloid stories were at fever pitch in the months prior to his death. As soon as he announced those concerts it started... he had MRSA, he was terminally ill, he had cancer. They were doing everything they could to try and portay him as a dying man.

The sad thing is, if he had survived, the media (and a lot of fans too) would've turned on him, claiming that he was just trying to get out of the London shows.

Talk about a no-win situation.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Well, let's remember that Perez Hilton actually did do this, not knowing Michael was already dead before 911 was called.

If Michael had completely survived and wasn't pretty much a vegetable after such a horrendous murder attempt, I don't think he would have really cared about his career. His kids would still have a father. He probably would have started living in the safest place he knew of just to get away from those who conspired against him.

We would have been boggled, of course, since we probably wouldn't have as much of an idea of what happened as we do now (kind of hard to know without a copy of any sort of medical examinations, events, etc.). I do know of many fans that would have abandoned him, though, as they were close to doing so when merely the dates of the tour were changed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't care what the media would have said. I want my Michael back.
I agree, I just want him back. I have never cared what others thought of him. I have never been influenced by others opinions of anyone. I just want him back he was/is good for all humanity.

Well, let's remember that Perez Hilton actually did do this, not knowing Michael was already dead before 911 was called.

If Michael had completely survived and wasn't pretty much a vegetable after such a horrendous murder, I don't think he would have really cared about his career. His kids would still have a father. He probably would have started living in the safest place he knew of just to get away from those who conspired against him.

I wouldnt have blamed him if he decided to retire after that, i honsetly in a way wanted him to do that b4 TII. But then TII happened and i got excited bout him touring again.

I'd do anything to still have him on this planet, with his kids, as you all have said, even if it meant never performing again or appearing in public or anything. Just knowing he'd be out there.... would be so wonderful. His true fans would understand and love him always.

I wholeheartedly agree. All we want is his happiness even if it meant never performing or appearing in public again. I would side with him, for sure. Even more if he had done it all for love.

Back