"Captain EO" Anaheim closing! [Update Pg 4 closing postponed indefinitely]

When you think about it, Captain EO is rude as hell.
So he goes to planets and transforms the locals into his flamboyant backup dancers? Years of hard technological work all erased in favor of sunshine and nature?
Who does he think he is?? :D

Well, now that you put it datta way, you do got a point lol. Who does he think he is........king of the universe or what??? But then again, it's much better if many conflicts were resolved according to the m.o. of this little movie or the Beat it video. If only all world leaders were as committed as this artsy fellow of ours to universal fellowship and sheer coolness :)

That question of yours AA reminded me of this nice lil' numba from the Spice Girls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgpqVNoTr0Y :D

Last edited:
Oh no. Captain Eo rumoured to have its final day on December 6th 2015 at Epcot...

12241485_10208197251275091_3669571143030584359_n.jpg

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2015/11/epcot-to-close-michael-jackson-based-attraction.html

The article suggests the poster has since been removed. And Disney have not given any official confirmation if this is true.

If it IS true, I'm so glad I got to ride it again last year.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Why oh why oh whyyyyyy?

lol, oh well I guess.. I would have liked to see it again.. saw in back in 1997 at Disneyland

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Why oh why oh whyyyyyy?

lol, oh well I guess.. I would have liked to see it again.. saw in back in 1997 at Disneyland

There are a lot of hopeless old attractions at WDW, Captain EO is definitely not one of the worst offenders. But perhaps the infrastructure is there to easily upscale the Captain EO theatre into something more modern at a fraction of the cost it would be to refurbish another area.

If it IS due to go, I hope the Disney Imagineers place a permanent tribute somewhere in the park as they have done with other culled attractions in the past.

-edit. I just checked the WDW website and they are still showing Captain EO as running until January 31st 2016. Perhaps the final mission date was postponed until then? I checked and other attractions have running times from February 1st whereas Captain EO doesn't...

--more edit. It's official. Captain EO will close forever on December 6th 2015. A trio of Pixar shorts will replace it. The official Disney blog is source: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...estival-to-debut-at-epcots-magic-eye-theater/

Last edited:
Well, I guess looking at the silver lining... maybe this means there is now a chance Disney can release a Blu-ray or something eventually, now that they aren't going to be making profits from screening it anymore. My hopes aren't too high for that to happen though.

We don't even have a Ghosts or Thriller blu-ray and those would be far easier for the Estate to release than something in conjunction with Disney, surely.

I don't see it happening either, but there is always hope!

Oh no! This makes me so sad!!!! I always wanted to see it in the theatre built just for it.

I actually got to go to Disneyland twice-once in 79 (when they were preparing for the 25th anniversary) and 2001-of course, the first time, Captain EO didn't exist, and the 2nd, it was long gone.
BOOHOO! I'm actually very upset. That was a big dream of mine.

I knew this was coming, but I'm still sad to see it go. :( I am very glad I got to see it in person last year and the year before that (when it was said to be closing back then, ha).

It's too bad I can't make it out there for the final day. It would be a great chance to meet up with other fans and give the movie one last hurrah! :yes:

Good. I mean, I love MJ and love Captain EO, but the the fact that they brought it back and for this long was more than enough.

But I'm speaking as a Florida local, so I've had my fill of it. Y'all had 5 years to go in Paris, Florida, and California :D

I am glad i got to see Captain EO while i was in LA two year ago i really love the show i saw it about 5 times and the crowds was big each time we had a ball it was like we was at a Michael Jackson concert.

The Making of 'Captain EO': Lucas, Coppola, and Michael Jackson's Messy, Miraculous Disney Space Adventure

Loooooong article about Captain EO:)
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-ma...la-and-162110246.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Some funny bits such as Disney having problems with Michael's crotch-grabs and wanted to shoot above the waist, and they played with idea of changing his voice to octave lower:D

"Captain EO will stand alone. It’s not the greatest movie ever made, but it’s a great musical piece, up there with Thriller. And it’s survived the test of time. "

Nicholas G. Hahn III ?@NGHahn3 3. Dez. Lake Buena Vista, FL

Just enjoyed one of the last showings of @michaeljackson's #CaptainEO at @WaltDisneyWorld!
CVUiMIvWwAAediU.jpg

Bubs;4119151 said:
The Making of 'Captain EO': Lucas, Coppola, and Michael Jackson's Messy, Miraculous Disney Space Adventure

Loooooong article about Captain EO:)
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-ma...la-and-162110246.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Some funny bits such as Disney having problems with Michael's crotch-grabs and wanted to shoot above the waist, and they played with idea of changing his voice to octave lower:D

"Captain EO will stand alone. It’s not the greatest movie ever made, but it’s a great musical piece, up there with Thriller. And it’s survived the test of time. "

The above quote made me laugh somehow :D like Michael would somehow quit it then. I'm sure, he would do more of it just to proof a point.

Why would they need to change his voice too? That's just silly!

Anyway, I never had the chance to see Captain EO in Disneyland though and the one time, I could go they didn't show it anymore at least not in Paris.

Re: Oh no... "Captain EO" in Anaheim is closing!

It is good time to edit officially.

Back