Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here?

I'm worried about what direction my church will be headed after he leaves. He's been a big part of my life -- him and one other pastor that we had.
I am so upset right now, I'm prone to crying any minute and I have a bad headache.

I'm worried about what direction my church will be headed after he leaves. He's been a big part of my life -- him and one other pastor that we had.
I am so upset right now, I'm prone to crying any minute and I have a bad headache.

Are you getting a new pastor? Trust that he will help you in your spiritual life. Trust God that He will provide you with another good pastor. I'm not saying you don't trust God. Nor am I saying I don't know what you are going through either, because I do. I'll keep you in prayer.
:)

Last edited:

I hope we are! I'm pretty sure we will, but we have to have an interim while we search. I have no clue what's gonna go down because I'm not at home, but my mom knows more about the situation than I do. But what I DO know is that I'm gonna be home for his last Sunday, no matter what.

Hey Jaye!! I hope the SON shined on you today!! He did on me.

I believe in God, the father all mighty, Creater of Heaven and Earth. :)

I'm not sure if you're Catholic or not, but what you said is the start of our Apostle's Creed, so I'm going to add on and maybe someone else can add on more(not because I don't remember, but so as many as possible can post parts of this prayer). Anyway, I'll post my part in the next post.

Last edited:

I believe in God, the father all mighty, Creater of Heaven and Earth. :)

And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended into hell. On the third day He rose again from the dead.

I am an Episcopalian, and that is just a lower form of the Catholic church! We say the Apostles Creed!!

Light of My Life
by Ellen Bailey

Jesus is the light of my life
He leads me in a direction I know is right
He holds onto my hand and never lets go
He is the heart of my heart, soul of my soul

I no longer fear the things yet to be
For He will be there to protect me
No purer love than His can be found
I know He will never let me down

He fills my needs for today and tomorrow
He soothes my heartaches and my sorrows
He dispels thoughts of darkness and doom
He diffuses those feelings of cloudy gloom

If you find yourself stumbling in the dark
Turn to Jesus for an added spark
He will light up your life as He did mine
He is a beacon that will forever shines

Here ya go, Michelle!!

The Apostles Creed

I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of Heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day, He rose again.
He ascended to Heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. Amen.

Doxology

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

He descended into hell. On the third day He rose again from the dead.

Yes. That's key right there. Not only was He crucified....but He also paid for our sins and He was resurrected and many witnessed Him walking around after He was crucified on the cross!

Another really cool thing is, there is also historical proof (in addition to the bible) of people witnessing Him on that 3rd day as He walked around speaking to people. That is amazing. I wish I could link you to what I'm talking about but I can't remember where I read about it.

No matter what....He lives! And we're all gonna see Him one of these days and we're all gonna be overcome by His glory and His majesty. It's gonna happen. We can't escape it. Instead, we should be ready for it....and look forward to it. Look forward to being in His presence. I'm gettin' chills now as I type about this. lol

Defdave, amen! Glad you came in here tonight!!! Blessed be the name!!

Doxology

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Ahhh....God bless ya, Earth Song. You just reminded me of an incredibly powerful song by old-school Petra.

Off of their album from 1983 (whoo-hoo! Thriller year!).....
You gotta listen to this whole song, folks.

This is Doxology/Not Of This World (Doxology is the instrumental intro, and then it's followed by Not Of This World....gotta listen to the lyrics to this song. It's powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPzLNukszwc

"The gates of hell will not prevail!"

Another one of my favorites from that album...this one's called "Grave Robber".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMzfgbzz-aI&feature=related

I will go give it a look now brother Dave!!

I will go give it a look now brother Dave!!

Cool. That whole album is phenomenal. I feel God in those songs. I'm so moved when I hear those songs...for real. I just wanna praise Him and thank Him for the victory He gave us in Christ.

Yaknow...it's so easy to feel down and defeated in this life. But listening to songs like those can really help remind you that we are not powerless. As His Word says, We can do all things through Christ. We just gotta remember that. Myself included lol It's so easy to forget when we get so wrapped up in our daily lives, yaknow?

Earth Song....I BELIEVE IT! :) Never heard that song but I love it.

Lord I Lift Your Name On High and Majesty are both great praise songs also.

Funny thing....tonight at work a co-worker brought in his electric guitar and I heard him playing the opening riffs to a song that sounded so familiar. I said "Hey bro I know that song man". He started singing it and it was "Lord I Lift Your Name On High" and we both started singing it in front of everybody. lol :)

We should post a praise song of the day!! Here is mine for September 10.

He is Exhalted!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEl-UoMVTfU

Oh yeah! That's one of my favorites. I haven't heard these songs in a long time. Thank you for posting these.

God is great. :)

EDIT: My wife was standing here a minute ago and started singing along with this. :)

Wow. You're exactly right. The hair on my back is standing on end after watching that.

He did that for us. It had to happen. Pilot didn't even want to do it, but it was "destiny". It was God's plan....for us. Just amazing. Wow.

By the way....anybody else kinda think maybe His return might be right around the corner?

I know it's not for any of us to know the date or time....but His Word does say that there will be signs and a "quickening" before His return. I just have this feeling that it's sooner rather than later.

Wow. You're exactly right. The hair on my back is standing on end after watching that.

He did that for us. It had to happen. Pilot didn't even want to do it, but it was "destiny". It was God's plan....for us. Just amazing. Wow.

By the way....anybody else kinda think maybe His return might be right around the corner?

I know it's not for any of us to know the date or time....but His Word does say that there will be signs and a "quickening" before His return. I just have this feeling that it's sooner rather than later.

Well, if so, bring it on!! I will be with him and my loved ones who have gone on before me. And I will meet you all in this thead. You all will be calling me Earthy in Heaven and we will call you defdave!! LOL!

You see that movie, The Passion Of The Christ?? Profound!!! I cried the whole time especially when he was being beaten and hung on the cross.

You see that movie, The Passion Of The Christ?? Profound!!! I cried the whole time especially when he was being beaten and hung on the cross.

Back