Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

12481_633419870017959_1348976144_n.jpg

^I love that Qubee! Some of them really do speak to me on a personal level right now.

I love this song so much.

Psalm 91:11
“For He shall give His angels charge over you,To keep you in all your ways.”

Heavenly father. We Pray for the protection of Paris Jackson from the attacks of the enemy. For the protection of her heart from the lies of the world and those with evil intentions. We pray for the protection of her faith from the deceptive schemes of of the evil one. We Pray for the protection of ungodly influence, unsavory friends and peer pressure. We Pray for protection over the things she sees, hears and comes in contact with. We Pray for her to have discernment and wisdom to know and walk in what is right. We pray for her to be surrounded with your angels, your love and the love of those who genuinely care for her well being. In Jesus name Amen

tumblr_me2de0UVQN1qh55lho1_500.jpg

Last edited:

TheDivinity and Deity of Jesus Christ/God

As Jehovah

Isa40:3 with Matt 3:3

Isa40:3
3The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way ofthe LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. (KJV)

Matt3:3
3For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, Thevoice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of theLord, make his paths straight. (KJV)

Jehovah of glory

Ps24:7
7Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlastingdoors; and the King of glory shall come in. (KJV)

Ps24:10 with 1 Cor 2:8

Ps24:10
10Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King ofglory. Selah. (KJV)

1Cor 2:8
8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it,they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. (KJV)

James2:1

1My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord ofglory, with respect of persons. (KJV)

Jehovah our righteousness

Jer23:5-6 with 1 Cor 1:30

Jer23:5-6
5Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David arighteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shallexecute judgment and justice in the earth.
6 In his days Judahshall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his namewhereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (KJV)

1Cor 1:30

30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom,and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: (KJV)

Jehovah above all

Ps97:9 with John 3:31

Ps97:9
9For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted farabove all gods. (KJV)

John3:31
31He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth isearthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven isabove all. (KJV)

Jehovah the first and the last

Isa44:6 with Rev 1:17

Isa44:6
6Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD ofhosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is noGod. (KJV)

Rev1:17
17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his righthand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:(KJV)

Isa48:12-16 with Rev 22:13

Isa48:12-16
12Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am thefirst, I also am the last.
13 Mine hand also hath laid thefoundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens:when I call unto them, they stand up together.
14 All ye,assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared thesethings? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon,and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans.
15 I, even I, have spoken;yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his wayprosperous.
16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have notspoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, theream I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me. (KJV)

Rev22:13
13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and thelast. (KJV)

Jehovah of hosts

Isa6:1-3 with John 12:41

Isa6:1-3
1In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon athrone, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain hecovered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twainhe did fly.
3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy,holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.(KJV)

John12:41
41These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.(KJV)

Isa8:13-14 with 1 Pet 2:8

Isa8:13-14
13Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and lethim be your dread.
14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for astone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses ofIsrael, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.(KJV)

1Pet 2:8
8And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them whichstumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they wereappointed. (KJV)

Jehovah

Ps110:1 with Matt 22:42-45

Ps110:1
1The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I makethine enemies thy footstool. (KJV)

Matt22:42-45
42Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him,The Son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David inspirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sitthou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? (KJV)

Jehovah the shepherd

Isa40:10-11
10Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shallrule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work beforehim.
11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gatherthe lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gentlylead those that are with young. (KJV)

Heb13:20
20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our LordJesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of theeverlasting covenant, (KJV)

Jehovah,for whose glory all things were created

Prov16:4 with Col 1:16

Prov16:4
4The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked forthe day of evil. (KJV)

Col1:16
16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that arein earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, ordominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created byhim, and for him: (KJV)

Jehovah the messenger of the covenant

Mal3:1 with Luke 2:27

Mal3:1
1Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way beforeme: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple,even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, heshall come, saith the LORD of hosts. (KJV)

Luke2:27
27And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parentsbrought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of thelaw, (KJV)

Invoked as Jehovah

Joel2:32 with 1 Cor 1:2

Joel2:32
32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name ofthe LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shallbe deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom theLORD shall call. (KJV)

1Cor 1:2
2Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that aresanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that inevery place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirsand ours: (KJV)

As the eternal God and Creator

Ps102:24-27 with Heb 1:8

Ps102:24-27
24I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy yearsare throughout all generations.
25 Of old hast thou laid thefoundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of themshall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them,and they shall be changed:
27 But thou art the same, and thyyears shall have no end. (KJV)

Heb1:8
8But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: asceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. (KJV)

Heb1:10-12
10And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of theearth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 Theyshall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as dotha garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and theyshall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall notfail. (KJV)

The mighty God

Isa9:6
6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and thegovernment shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be calledWonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, ThePrince of Peace. (KJV)

The Great God and Saviour

Hosea1:7 with Titus 2:13

Hosea1:7
7But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them bythe LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, norby battle, by horses, nor by horsemen. (KJV)

Titus2:13
13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of thegreat God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; (KJV)

God over all

Rom9:5
5Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christcame, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. (KJV)

God the Judge

Eccl12:14 with 1 Cor 4:5

Eccl12:14
14For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secretthing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. (KJV)

1Cor 4:5
5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, whoboth will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will makemanifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man havepraise of God. (KJV)

2Cor 5:10
10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according to that hehath done, whether it be good or bad. (KJV)

2Tim 4:1
1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, whoshall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;(KJV)

Emmanuel

Isa7:14 with Matt 1:23

Isa7:14
14Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virginshall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.(KJV)

Matt1:23
23Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son,and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is,God with us. (KJV)

King of kings and LORD of lords

Rev17:14
14These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them:for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are withhim are called, and chosen, and faithful. (KJV)

The Holy One

1Sam 2:2 with Acts 3:14

1Sam 2:2
2There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee:neither is there any rock like our God. (KJV)

Acts3:14
14But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to begranted unto you; (KJV)

TheLord from heaven

1Cor 15:47
47The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lordfrom heaven. (KJV)

Lord of the sabbath

Gen2:3 with Matt 12:8

Gen2:3
3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that init he had rested from all his work which God created and made. (KJV)

Matt12:8
8For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. (KJV)

Lord of all

Acts10:36
36The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peaceby Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) (KJV)

Rom10:11-13
11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not beashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and theGreek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call uponhim.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shallbe saved. (KJV)

Son of God

Matt26:63-67
63But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said untohim, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thoube the Christ, the Son of God.
64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hastsaid: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son ofman sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds ofheaven.
65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hathspoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, nowye have heard his blasphemy.
66 What think ye? They answered andsaid, He is guilty of death.
67 Then did they spit in his face,and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,(KJV)

The one and only Son of the Father

John1:14
14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld hisglory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full ofgrace and truth. (KJV)

John3:16
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, thatwhosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlastinglife. (KJV)

John3:18
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth notis condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of theonly begotten Son of God. (KJV)

IJn 4:9
9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that Godsent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live throughhim. (KJV)

His blood is called the blood of God

Acts20:28
28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over thewhich the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church ofGod, which he hath purchased with his own blood. (KJV)

One with the Father

John10:30
30I and my Father are one. (KJV)

John10:38
38But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye mayknow, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. (KJV)

John12:45
45And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. (KJV)

John14:7-10
7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and fromhenceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith untohim, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saithunto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou notknown me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and howsayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10 Believest thou not thatI am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak untoyou I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, hedoeth the works. (KJV)

John17:10
10And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified inthem. (KJV)

As Creator of all things

Isa40:28
28Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God,the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neitheris weary? there is no searching of his understanding. (KJV)

John1:3
3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing madethat was made. (KJV)

Col1:16
16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that arein earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, ordominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created byhim, and for him: (KJV)

Supporter and preserver of all things

Neh9:6 with Col 1:17
Neh9:6
6Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven ofheavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that aretherein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest themall; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee. (KJV)

Col1:17
17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. (KJV)

Heb1:3
3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of hisperson, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when hehad by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of theMajesty on high; (KJV)

Acknowledged by Old Testament saints

Gen17:1 with Gen 48:15-16

Gen17:1
1And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared toAbram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, andbe thou perfect. (KJV)

Gen48:15-16
15And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abrahamand Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto thisday,
16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless thelads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathersAbraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst ofthe earth. (KJV)

Gen32:24-30 with Hosea 12:3-5

Gen32:24-30
24And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until thebreaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed notagainst him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow ofJacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 Andhe said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not letthee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What isthy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall becalled no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou powerwith God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29 And Jacob askedhim, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Whereforeis it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen Godface to face, and my life is preserved. (KJV)

Hosea12:3-5
3He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength hehad power with God:
4 Yea, he had power over the angel, andprevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him inBethel, and there he spake with us;
5 Even the LORD God of hosts;the LORD is his memorial. (KJV)

Judg6:22-24
22And when Gideon perceived that he was an angel of the LORD, Gideonsaid, Alas, O Lord GOD! for because I have seen an angel of the LORDface to face.
23 And the LORD said unto him, Peace be unto thee;fear not: thou shalt not die.
24 Then Gideon built an altar thereunto the LORD, and called it Jehovah-shalom: unto this day it is yetin Ophrah of the Abi-ezrites. (KJV)

Judg13:21-22
21But the angel of the LORD did no more appear to Manoah and to hiswife. Then Manoah knew that he was an angel of the LORD. 22 AndManoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seenGod. (KJV)

Job19:25-27
25For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at thelatter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin wormsdestroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom Ishall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another;though my reins be consumed within me. (KJV)

Verse for today 28.08

"The Lord is the strength of His people;
He is the Saving Refuge of His anointed."
Ps 28:8

"People may refuse our love or reject our message, but they are defenseless against our prayers." -- Michael Jackson

Was He just a man? Or Something more?
One man's life changed the course of history for billions of people across the globe. He is both revered and reviled, famed and feared and you know who he is without a single mention of his name.

Something More from anberlin_fan on GodTube.

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here?

For my Christian friends and those who have ears to hear. As a follower of Christ, we need to forgive because we are children of the most high God and that is what he requires of us. Forgiveness does not say those who have done wrong are right or that we shouldn't stand against evil. What is does is releases us from being the judge and turns them over to God for true justice. He is the only one to provide true justice because only he knows a mans heart and the beginning to end. We do not.

We pray they don't cause harm to us or others and that they will turn from their evil ways. We pray that God will change their heart. Our prayer for the sinner should not be with ill will or malice, but for their redemption/salvation, because we too have been forgiven and redeemed. If not then Jesus died in vain. He came to teach us and he died to save the sinner and the lost, not the righteous. We can only forgive because it is placed in our hearts by God and it is our new nature in Christ through the holy spirit. If we cant then we should pray and revaluate our relationship with our father/God.

Do not give those who have harmed you or do wrong, power over you or cause you to stumble as well. Always Stand against Evil, Conquer it with love in your heart and Know that God knows your pain, he will comfort you and dry your tears and his justice will always prevail. We will be victorious by following him as his children. :heart:

1379404_10201223561845778_381152216_n.jpg

Joseph Prince - Live in Los Angeles, LA - Win Every Battle Through Right Believing

[video=youtube_share;KTqpndMYGoc]http://youtu.be/KTqpndMYGoc[/video]

Victory begins in your mind as you start to believe right! In his second Power Of Right Believing . Break free of destructive habits and win every battle when you see how the obedience of one Man—Jesus—has made you righteous permanently.

Tear down mental strongholds and walk in peace and joy when you realize how God always accepts you—all because you have Jesus as your perfect High Priest!

I love Jesus.

God our Father,
Walk through my house and take away all my worries and illnesses; and please watch over and heal my family in Jesus' name. Amen.

A scripture that has often given me strength when I thought I'd run out. I like saying it as a prayer.

Psalm 143
1 Hear my prayer, O Lord,
Give ear to my supplications!
In Your faithfulness answer me,
And in Your righteousness.
2 Do not enter into judgment with Your servant,
For in Your sight no one living is righteous.
3 For the enemy has persecuted my soul;
He has crushed my life to the ground;
He has made me dwell in darkness,
Like those who have long been dead.
4 Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me;
My heart within me is distressed.
5 I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Your works;
I muse on the work of Your hands.
6 I spread out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You like a thirsty land. Selah
7 Answer me speedily, O Lord;
My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I be like those who go down into the pit.
8 Cause me to hear Your loving kindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You.
9 Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies;
In You I take shelter.[a]
10 Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.
11 Revive me, O Lord, for Your name’s sake!
For Your righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12 In Your mercy cut off my enemies,
And destroy all those who afflict my soul;
For I am Your servant.

Amen. :agree:

I am a Christian.

My boyfriend showed me this the other night, and I'd like to share it for anyone who's interested. This guy has some good points and thoughts.

I'm burnt out on religion, but I do acknowledge the presence of Jesus, his Father and believe they are real. Mankind is not the top of the food chain. There is something greater than ourselves.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

One of my favorite passages.

"28 Do you not know?

Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
(Isaiah 40:28-31)

What a wonderful thread. I definitely believe in God. God is real and he is my Savior.

One of my favorites, I grew with this one..

Psalm 100 (kjv)

100 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

I love it because it breaks down what it means to be Christian (to me) in a few short verses. Rejoice in the life that we've been blessed with, know there's more than just "us", celebrate when the time calls, give reverence when the time calls, and ultimately the generations will wax and wane, but real truth and goodness are eternal. :heart:

Back