One Holy Church, the communion of Saints
The forgiveness of sin
I believe in the resurrection
I believe in a life that never ends

CHORUS

I believe it, I believe
I believe it, I believe
I believe it, I believe it

Richard Wayne "Rich" Mullins (October 21, 1955 – September 19, 1997) was an American contemporary Christian music singer and songwriter born in Richmond, Indiana. He had two sisters and two brothers. Mullins was best known for his worship songs "Awesome God" and "Sometimes by Step", both of which have been embraced as modern classics by many Christians. Some of his albums were also considered among Christian music's best, including Winds of Heaven, Stuff of Earth (1988), The World As Best As I Remember It, Volume One (1991) and A Liturgy, A Legacy, & A Ragamuffin Band (1993).

His songs have been performed by numerous artists, including Caedmon's Call, Five Iron Frenzy, Amy Grant, Carolyn Arends, Jars of Clay, Michael W. Smith, John Tesh, Chris Rice, Rebecca St. James, Hillsong United and Third Day.
Rich Mullins is also remembered for his devotion to the Christian faith. He was heavily influenced by St. Francis of Assisi (1181–1226). In 1997, he composed a musical called Canticle of the Plains, a retelling of the life of St. Francis set in the Old West.

On September 19, 1997, Mullins and his friend Mitch McVicker were traveling southbound on I-39 north of Bloomington, Illinois, to a benefit concert at Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas, when his Jeep rolled over. They were not wearing seat belts and were both ejected from the vehicle. When a passing semi-trailer truck swerved to miss the overturned Jeep, Mullins, who was too injured to move out of the path of the oncoming truck, was hit and died instantly at the scene. He was 41 yrs old

Read More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Mullins

Last edited:
Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

The Lord reigns! Let the peoples tremble! Let the earth be moved! The Lord is great in Zion, And He is high above all the peoples. Let them praise Your great and awesome name-- He is holy. Psalm 99:1-3

This is the parts of a concert that Rich Mullins did in Lufkin Texas.
This was the last concert tour that he did before he died.

He was a Ragamuffin :) I was a huge fan and was devastated :( when he died.

God spoke to Balam though his ass and he has been speaking through asses ever since,
so if he speaks through you don't think to highly of yourself :giggle:

If you want to watch the whole series
https://www.youtube.com/user/marcosagostos/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Last edited:

"Still Believe"
Kim Walker

Your blood makes the deaf to hear right now
Your blood takes away the curse right now
Your blood heals every disease right now
Your blood sets the addict free right now

And I still believe You're the same yesterday, today and forever
And I still believe Your blood is sufficient for me

Your blood mends the broken heart right now
Your blood compels me to forgive right now
Your blood transforms my mind right now
Your blood brings the dead to life right now

[x2]

You're the higher power
Darkness cannot stand
No longer bound to sin, I am free
[x4]

Oh, all that I need
You are all that I need, Jesus
Your blood is enough for me
Oh, I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe, yeah

[x2]

All I need
Come cover us right now
Come cover us Jesus
The blood, it opens deaf ears
The blood, breaks down disease
In Your presence, God, it has no place,
Pain has no place, disease has no place, sickness has no place
Weariness has no place, depression has no place
In Your presence, God, In Your presence, Jesus
We find all we need, we find all we need, we find all we need
In Your presence, Jesus
Oh, Jesus, all we need, is in You, Jesus
We believe, we believe, we believe
Tell Him tonight, tell Him tonight
Say I believe, I believe
Sing out in your words tonight
Let faith rise, let faith rise
Tell Him tonight
I believe, I believe You are who You say You are
You are the one who sees me, You're the one who's for me
You're the one who knows me, every hair on my head
You created me, how You love me
You're the one who has abundant help, abundant light for me
You're the one who has joy for me, Jesus
I believe, I believe, I believe
You are all I need
I believe, I believe, I believe
Oh, with all my heart, with all I am, even when I cannot see
I will stand with faith and I will believe
Oh, I believe, I believe, yeah

I believe, I believe
I will never stop believing
I believe, You are more than enough for me, God
I will not fear, I will not fear
Cause I believe
I believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Te80XyVLzw

Last edited:

Been a long time since I've been here and felt a bit weird coming back after so long. I've fallen away from my Christianity a little bit (just a bit) and no longer go to church (I would like to change that again). My mother fell ill with cancer almost two years ago and I felt very scorned by God through that period. However, recently I've been inspired by Michael to come back to God. I know that sounds dumb, but I've been working on a little "365DaysWithMichael" project where I've been posting a pic a day and a quote a day on instagram and I can't help but to feel inspired by his words about God, Jesus and love for others.

So, pray for me :) I would love to get right with God again, and eventually go to church and start that lifestyle again. I was so happy when I was close with Jesus.

We were singing this song during Praise and Worship today at church and it's so awesome I want to share it here with all of you. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;kQAwpMFS_9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQAwpMFS_9o[/video]

Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQAwpMFS_9o

Lyrics to Your Presence Is Heaven

Who is like you Lord in all the earth? Matchless love and beauty
endless worth. Nothing in this world will satisfy. Jesus you´re the cup that won´t run dry.

Your presence is heaven to me
your presence is heaven to me

Treasure of my heart and on my soul
In my weakness you are merciful. Redeemer of my past and present wrong. And holder of my future days to come

So we´ll sing it

Oh Jesús Oh Jesús
Your presence is heaven to me
Oh Jesús Oh Jesús

All my days on earth I will await the moment that I see you face to face
Nothing in this world will satisfy. Jesus you're the cup that won´t run dry

Oh Jesús Oh Jesus your presence is heaven to me

Last edited:
qbee;4036419 said:

[video=youtube_share;9LR2hFP1yb4]http://youtu.be/9LR2hFP1yb4[/video]

by Rich Mullins \ Creed

I believe in God the Father almighty
Maker of Heaven and Maker of Earth
And in Jesus Christ
His only begotten Son, our Lord
He was conceived by the Holy Spirit
Born of the virgin Mary
Suffered under Pontius Pilate
He was crucified and dead and buried

CHORUS:
And I believe what I believe
Is what makes me what I am
I did not make it, no it is making me
It is the very truth of God and not
The invention of any man

I believe that He who suffered
Was crucified, buried, and dead
He descended into hell and
On the third day, rose again
He ascended into Heaven where
He sits at God's mighty right hand
I believe that He's returning to
Judge the quick and the dead
Of the sons of men

CHORUS

I believe it

I believe in God the Father almighty
Maker of Heaven and Maker of Earth
And in Jesus Christ His only begotten Son,
Our Lord

I believe in the Holy Spirit
One Holy Church, the communion of Saints
The forgiveness of sin
I believe in the resurrection
I believe in a life that never ends

CHORUS

I believe it, I believe
I believe it, I believe

Richard Wayne "Rich" Mullins (October 21, 1955 – September 19, 1997) was an American contemporary Christian music singer and songwriter born in Richmond, Indiana. He had two sisters and two brothers. Mullins was best known for his worship songs "Awesome God" and "Sometimes by Step", both of which have been embraced as modern classics by many Christians. Some of his albums were also considered among Christian music's best, including Winds of Heaven, Stuff of Earth (1988), The World As Best As I Remember It, Volume One (1991) and A Liturgy, A Legacy, & A Ragamuffin Band (1993).

His songs have been performed by numerous artists, including Caedmon's Call, Five Iron Frenzy, Amy Grant, Carolyn Arends, Jars of Clay, Michael W. Smith, John Tesh, Chris Rice, Rebecca St. James, Hillsong United and Third Day.
Rich Mullins is also remembered for his devotion to the Christian faith. He was heavily influenced by St. Francis of Assisi (1181–1226). In 1997, he composed a musical called Canticle of the Plains, a retelling of the life of St. Francis set in the Old West.

On September 19, 1997, Mullins and his friend Mitch McVicker were traveling southbound on I-39 north of Bloomington, Illinois, to a benefit concert at Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas, when his Jeep rolled over. They were not wearing seat belts and were both ejected from the vehicle. When a passing semi-trailer truck swerved to miss the overturned Jeep, Mullins, who was too injured to move out of the path of the oncoming truck, was hit and died instantly at the scene. He was 41 yrs old

Read More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Mullins

He wrote so many awesome songs for God. His is greatly missed.

J5master;4031134 said:
Hello folks. Thought I'd stop by this thread because I guess i have to 'testify' lolol And the reason why I want to do it here is because...well, the MJ community as a whole, because of what MJ stood for ...I've always found this was a community I most related to, no matter what their religious beliefs. And I think its only fitting that I share this here with other believers (I'm sorry for how ridiculously long this is!).

Some who have read some of my posts on this board, the last couple of weeks I've been taken on a 'spiritual' journey of sorts. I won't get into the nitty gritty details of the conclusions it has made me come to - as there are too many to count, and too many to articulate properly. I don't think I've processed it all myself. But it involved really taking a step back and listening...hearing God or my spiritual source...reading, following where God led me (and for the first time in my life I really felt him LEADING me, directly, in my spirit - its quite an amazing phenomenon), and just soaking up all this information, being honest with myself about my beliefs, and opening my heart to what I believe in my heart is true. Opening my heart to doubts, fears and uncertainties, and being okay with those things, finding peace within those things. I've really discovered with true FAITH is, at least for me.

ANd for me, I've discovered its not in the church. Its not in institutions. Or at least, not one. I was raised by devoted baptists (and funnily enough, I've never actually been baptized in the symbolic sense, with the whole dip in the water and all of that). One of the discoveries I've had is that God is EVERYWHERE. Many christians say this and I've said it too. But to internalize it? To truly understand what that means? Nope. Not me. See I've been taught and kind of understood through all of my years in Christian communities that God is some lofty thing in the sky, only there to answer your prayers if you're 'good' enough or have 'faith' enough. I felt so far removed. I had to struggle to reconcile thoughts that might be considered 'blasphemous' because all of the rules rooted in someone's interpretation of doctrine. It kind of forces you not think sometimes. If you think, that leads to doubt, doubt leads to lack of faith, lack of faith leads to fire and brimstone. (I one time got reprimanded in sunday school as a child for asking why God had to be a 'He.' Wouldn't He be technically a She too if we are all made in 'His' image?)

But if I truly believed in a loving, just, all knowing, all encompassing God who was EVERYWHERE....then I realized I can't get bogged down in doctrine anymore. I believe God is far greater than any doctrine. He is greater than a group of 'rules'. He's more complex, complicated, and vast than we can probably even imagine or even think to imagine. He created an entire universe we haven't seen a fraction of, and do not fully understand. He created us with brains that we only use 10% of. He created the atoms and electrons and the ecosystem and everything moving and thriving in harmony to make existence actually exist. And yet we have this tendency, this NEED, to put labels on him and all that he is. Those labels, I believe, not only conceptualizes God of course - which is understandable, but it makes us feel safe. For what is faith if we don't question? What is faith if we follow a set of rules just so we don't go to Hell or just so we can get the Heaven? Isn't faith about NOT being certain of everything, admitting that you are not certain, but choosing to believe in the glory that is God? Then why do institutions act like they KNOW everything about God and how people should or should not live? Those people are revered as the ones with the most 'faith.'

Do some christians really believe that God views what we do here on earth as some sort of check list? A report card? Is that how finite we believe his Love is for us?

I asked this question when my uncle ranted to me about a dispute he had with my mother. As a God-fearing Christian man, he said the reason why he's letting it go is not because he felt bad. He felt God was looking at him with his judgy eyes, and that if he was going to get in God's 'good graces' - he better get right with his sister. That by hurting her, he was hurting himself - and he didn't want to hurt himself, especially in the long run. He was trying to mess up his chances to get to heaven.

I couldn't help but think '.....that is the craziest s**t I ever heard!" :lol:

And I really had to step back and be honest with myself then. In short, and very crude terms, isn't that what I've been taught all my life? "Repent and be SAVED!' All those times in church where they pretty much peer-pressure you to go up to the alter and 'receive the holy spirit' or else suffer eternal damnation.

Personally, and this is just me personally, I believe there's more to life than that.

I believe there was more to Jesus dying on the cross for us than that. And I believe we as a people get so bogged down in details and interpretations and being 'right' and 'wrong' that we completely miss the point of the messages in the Bible that are trying to get through in the midst of 1) several translations 2) several hundred years removed of time and VERY IMPORTANT context.

What use is free will if our eternal life is kind of the 'carrot' being dangled in front of our eyes as this reward?

I believe Jesus came down and lived on earth in flesh form not just to prepare us for eternal life. But to LIVE LIFE NOW. And I think churches and preachers completely skip over this fact. Completely. Its like life itself is the crappy meal we gotta get through until we get to the 'dessert' that is heaven. But what does the lord's prayer say? "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

So when we skip over that little part, life itself seems to become superficial. Like you're only doing it for selfish reasons: to get into heaven. So YOU can be with God.

But if God is EVERYWHERE, if we truly believe that...then aren't we already WITH him?

He breathed life into our lungs, gave his brains to keep us breathing without even THINKING about it, he keeps our heart pumping, he stores our souls and our energies in this physical world - like MAGIC. Talk about a miracle!

Then would it be such a big stretch to believe that God is inside of us? All of us? And we are inside of Him?

I know most christians believe this - its called the Holy Spirit. And yet still we keep trying to 'catch it' in church or bring it forth when its ALWAYS inside of us. Which means GOD is inside of us.

And when I really internalize this fact, I started to realize that my spiritual walk is not something I need to do to get to heaven and it really shouldn't be that way. Humanity was made to love. Humanity was made to walk with God. In all of our imperfections. God knows all so he already knew we were screw ups :lol: But he loves us anyway, and it wasn't just about using his son to have him 'pay up' for all that sinning we were doing, for humanity to 'win' God's affections again...I don't think it was about that. Jesus was brought down here to show us how to live, not how to die. When the world was against him, he still loved all those who did wrong. When they tortured him to death, he still loved. Thats how God is with us. thats how he's always been - he IS unconditional love, thats what I truly believe. And if I truly believe that, then I can't believe in A LOT of the stuff most churches are teaching. When I stopped getting bogged down in cultural interpretations, and the (I believe) pointless details (in the scheme of things, in the scheme of all that is holy - literally! lol)....then LIFE itself became much more authentic. I found new meaning in what MJ said many times (in many different ways) in Dancing the Dream - that what we do here, us just simply existing, is in constant and perfect alignment with the universe, the universe in which God is always within and apart of. We are the moon, the stars, the oceans, the birds - we ARE connected to each other through being God's creation. Michael danced to connect with that fact - he danced and felt the dance and the infectious beat of everything that the world has to offer - spiritually, in his soul. And we can do the same with however God touches us. Because he is THAT close. And thanks to that, we are good because we WANT to be, not because we need to get an eternal reward, but because we are one with God and God's desires are ours. Caring for each other and this planet means caring for ourselves, it means caring for God himself, it means caring for the universe, all at the same time. Thats what I get out of Jesus washing people's feet.

And thats this journey I"ve been on in these last few weeks. Discovering how close God is. And looking within for him. Being present with him. Seeing him in all things. Every tragedy is an opportunity to grow and to carry out God's will. Every instance in life is teaching us something, its like God walking side by side and giving us lessons along the way. Not 'trials' - lessons. I don't think God gets some satisfaction in seeing how much we can suffer. But I do think he uses our humanity (in all its goodness, but also in its imperfections) as a way for us to learn. I personally see no better reason but to learn with God through out this thing called life, even if that means a lot of pain and a lot of suffering.

(sidebar - in this way, I often reflect on what I've seen in MJ's life. For instance - if it was even true, I think it was Jermaine who said it - that MJ had a meeting in the twin towers on 9/11 and missed them because he overslept...and just the idea that Mj HAD to go through the 2005 trial before he died. It always was unsettling to me as a fan, that it had to happen to him in the order that it did. I just think its just really interesting, and just to clarify I'm not insinuating that he deserved it or anything like that. I'm saying that...he personally needed to go through that in his life, and come out the other side of that, for whatever reason that only he and God knows.)

But more to the point, I don't have to keep SEARCHING for God, and I don't have to keep questioning whether I'll be in his good graces (I haven't been baptized! Omg will i go to hell?). All I have to do is look within, the Spirit will tell me where to go - and its really just a matter of if I'm listening or not. I don't have to worry about validating my beliefs with interpretations of the Bible - checking if I'm doing this and that right or not. I just need to look within. God will let me know. We are connected. As I'm connected with anyone reading this (kudos for reading this much!). I know this because through these last few weeks, SO many coincidences have been happening to me...but I just dont think they're coincidences. Because God knows you better than anyone, he will speak to you in ways that only you will internalize, unique to you. And for me, I began to recognize this - as I pray or meditate on something - I receive in answer in the next thing I read, or the next thing a person says, or in the next song I hear. And its absolutely fascinating. Maybe this has always happened to me and I just wasn't paying attention. And sure, it could be just coincidence, but I choose to believe its God speaking in a way he knows I'll listen. He knows I analyze pretty much everything lol I eat this kind of thing up hahaha!

And many times its not even a definite answer. (But of course not, or else how are you going to learn?) I meditated about my fear of death, my recent grief over Michael's death, and just what I'm supposed to get out of all of this. Once I was done, the next song that came on my player was MJ's 'Fly Away."

You can probably guess why I smiled from ear to ear.

And thing is, if you listen to the lyrics as I did, its not really an answer. The lyrics are like, "Our love's an ocean" "together we'll fly" "there's no place too far for us, we don't need it" "gonna stay, love today" but then of course the "baby don't make me fly away." I was outside at the time, and of course my attention went to the birds flying from tree to tree, playing tag with each other, my mind wandered again to that interconnectedness I talked about earlier, which is another thing to smile about. Obviously, I didn't dig TOO deep about this being an answer to a specific question (was this in response to MJ's death, my fear of death? what?) and even what it meant...but I did accept that as a response. That someone up there, out there, around me, within me....heard me. And really thats all I needed. This is coming after several instances like this over the course of the last few weeks.

So yeah, I thought I'd share my experiences. And with these experiences, I realized (if ANYONE read this long essay lol) that I may have offended some devout Christians here. So I want to stress that, these are just my beliefs, beliefs that work for me as someone who believes in God and Jesus Christ. And with this spiritual journey I've also acknowledge that all the denominations of CHristianity, in all its faultiness (that I perceive), it WORKS for a lot of people. No way is the perfect way, not even mine - but if gets you closer to God, what does it matter? I believe the church could be exactly what someone needs to grow spiritually, it just depends on what this life wants to teach them through that - or perhaps teach us. I believe only you and God knows what you need spiritually. So this is really just mean giving my story as of late to see if it speaks to anyone else, and just to get it off my chest a little bit lol.

Thanks for reading if you did!

Hi MJMaster,

You are right, there is a lot more to relationship with God then being pressured into going to an alter. In fact a very important part of knowing God is if it feel's like pressure it's never HIM! Don’t judge Christianity based on your uncles example or any other human being you have encountered. Go directly to the source which is Christ and ask him to fill you with HIS precious Holy Spirit.

Your experience sounds like you didn’t get a total, complete, up close and personal encounter with Jesus Christ while you were at your Baptist church. Sounds like you were given a lot of rules, doctrine, and
“RELIGION” but not an opportunity to meet the King of Kings. It’s an experience like no other and I guarantee once you feel the touch of Jesus hand on your heart your spiritual searching will be over. He’s real and He is incredible. He wants a relationship with you because you’re his creation. Sounds like you want a relationship with Him too so you don’t have to wait any longer. I urge you to request an audience with Jesus right now. Just find a quit place to talk to Him and invite Him to come live inside of you. Luke 11:9 of the Holy Bible states "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you”. “For everyone who asks receives”.
John 3:17 “God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him”.
I hope you will ask Jesus to come into your heart. He has a name and there is healing power in His name.

Prayer of Salvation - Our First Real Conversation With God
The "prayer of salvation" is the most important prayer we'll ever pray. When we're ready to become a Christian, we're ready to have our first real conversation with God, and these are its components:

• I acknowledge that Jesus Christ is God; that He came to earth as a man in order to live the sinless life that we cannot live; that He died in our place, so that we would not have to pay the penalty we deserve.
• I confess my past life of sin -- living for myself and not obeying God.
• I admit I AM ready to trust Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord.
• I ask Jesus to come into my heart, take up residence there, and begin living through me.
•

Last edited:

I am a believer, I haven't really opened up on here about this. I am a believer, but I won't really flaunt it sadly.

Make a JOYFUL noise! I heard this on Herman Cain's radio show (he has the best bumper music. . . a lot of Mike and plenty of Gospel, lol). LOVE IT, a perfect celebration of His glory!

God said in his word that he created us in his image. He describes himself as Trinitarian meaning His is equally Father, Son and Holy Spirit just as we were created body, soul and spirit. It’s a proven fact that every seed on the Earth reproduces after its own find as God intended. We no longer reproduce after the God kind because of original sin but because of the blood transfusion Jesus made available to us on the cross we are born again after His kind as He created us. This gift is contingent on our willingness to accept his divine sacrifice and receive him as Lord. It doesn’t matter that there are people who refuse to believe. It doesn’t intimidate God or change the fact that He will always be God.

Philippians 2:10: “So that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth”.

[video=youtube;6vjlpg9i2Bg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vjlpg9i2Bg[/video]

I've missed this thread. When i was battling my depression i could feel God holding me in his hands keeping me safe. There were many nights that i cried because i was scared, i knew i was physically alone (in my room or something) but at the same time i knew i wasn't. i'm starting a devotional tonight called Jesus Is Calling, i got it for my birthday. From what I've read it's really good. I'd recommend it. :)

Please watch this little Girl Amirah.

I've missed this thread. When i was battling my depression i could feel God holding me in his hands keeping me safe. There were many nights that i cried because i was scared, i knew i was physically alone (in my room or something) but at the same time i knew i wasn't. i'm starting a devotional tonight called Jesus Is Calling, i got it for my birthday. From what I've read it's really good. I'd recommend it. :)

He sent the Comforter.

Definitely one believer here. Within the limits of my human frailties and my many flaws I try to be a Christian.

I believe in the Holy Trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

e2b5fd0e66de3157f97bc70a383d7ec8.jpg

His is the kingdom and the power and the glory - today and always.

I would like to request prayer. I am not going to go into any details but my family and I have been going through an incredibly hard time spiritually above all else. I feel we are being attacked from all sides and we are losing the battle. I can see it... I can see my father slipping. He's chained down. He is blinded and I don't even know that he's aware. And I have tried to be strong, but I don't have any strength or energy left. I don't even have the energy to pray and I feel hollow and I don't know what to do. So here I am, writing this.

I would like to request prayer. I am not going to go into any details but my family and I have been going through an incredibly hard time spiritually above all else. I feel we are being attacked from all sides and we are losing the battle. I can see it... I can see my father slipping. He's chained down. He is blinded and I don't even know that he's aware. And I have tried to be strong, but I don't have any strength or energy left. I don't even have the energy to pray and I feel hollow and I don't know what to do. So here I am, writing this.

Hey Karom ...
I'm so sorry to hear about what you and your family going through.
I will send you all positive energy and pray for you all...
I hope everything will be ok in the end.

My thoughts are with you Karom....stay strong ;)

hugsss,
Karin

I will pray for you my friend. When we are weak he is strong.

Holy God:

Open my inward eyes,

Teacher divine,

Spirit of glad surprise,

Within me shine;

Quicken my inward sight,

So that I see

Shining in clearest light

Thy word to me.

He promised to help us in times of trouble and he will never leave or forsake you.

SALVE REGINA

Assumption_of_Mary.jpg

sub Tuum praesidium confugimus

Last edited:

God.... xD

nativity_of_the_mother_of_god.jpg

.....because the reconciliation of God with mankind began not with the incarnation of the Word, but with the miraculous conception of His mother and her entry in the world

shalom !

Still have many doubs (but we should continue learning each day) in other things but
no doubt:
Yes i am a believer to :) of

The Father YHWH ????
The Son Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus)
and the Ruach ha-kodesh (Holy Spirit)

Hope we can learn from each other here since we are his "body" some parts of the body have different functions
than others so GIT

By the way i would like to share this movie wiht you is very good i liked
why not see on Thanksgiving?

enjoy

Summary:The Encounter, is a Christian film released in 2010. It follows 5 strangers living in California: Nick, a former NFL player and owner of a chain of burger restaurants; Hank and Catherine, a married couple whose marriage is falling apart; Melissa, a Christian on the way to visit her boyfriend (who is a non-Christian) and Kayla, a hitchhiker escaping her horrible living conditions in Los Angeles. When a detour road is closed off, the 5 are stranded in a diner with its' omnipresent owner, who is revealed to be Jesus Christ, and attempts to help each of the patrons face their troubles and help them seek repentance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f588kk_VMHA

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

We pray to you, God the Father, the loving and self-communicating foundation of all that exists; God the Son, reflection of the Father, through whom all things were created, who united himself to this earth when he was formed in the womb of Mary; God the Spirit, infinite bond of love, intimately present at the very heart of the universe, inspiring and bringing new pathways. (LS 238)

Holy Trinity, One God, be among the nations as they unite in Paris at this critical age of the world for the 21st session of the Conference of Parties. Grant those with earthly authority the wisdom to see the fragility, dignity, and goodness of all humanity and all creation, which you entrust to us, as one family, to nurture, protect, and love.

Lord Jesus, send forth your Spirit among the powerful of the world so that they may observe the laws of the Father. May this fidelity result in lasting agreements that will ease the human causes and suffering of a warming climate. Lord, grant us all the grace to find our true joy not in the consumption of the world but in your most Sacred Heart.

Mary, Mother of God, you care with maternal affection and pain for this wounded world. Carried up into heaven, you are the Mother and Queen of all creation (LS 241). You interceded for a family in need at the wedding of Cana. Intercede for us now. Pray that your son elevates all dialogue, especially international climate talks, and the daily decisions of businesses and consumers. As your son turned water into wine, may he turn human negotiations and activity into loving relationships and bold actions for the protection of creation and all life, especially the poorest of the poor.

St. Francis, pray for the representatives of the nations meeting in Paris, and in every government everywhere—and all business leaders and consumers—that we will see nature as a magnificent book in which God speaks to us and grants us a glimpse of his infinite beauty and goodness. (LS 12)

Saint John Paul II, pray for the Church and your successors—that their words may be heard and stir the hearts of the faithful and all people of goodwill. Strengthen and protect Pope Francis, all cardinals, bishops, clergy, and religious that they may help the world be worthy of the eternal promises of Christ, who makes all things new.

Amen.

Taken from http://catholicclimatemovement.global/pray4cop21/prayer-for-cop21/

Back