Christian Members

Victory22

Proud Member
Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

Jesus you are my strength, my hope and my salvation. You are the air I breathe and the reason I live. Thank you for the creation of the world and for giving us everything we need to sustain us until you come.

Alma

Proud Member
Morning Prayer by the Elders of Optyna ...

“Grant unto me, O Lord, that with peace of mind I may face all that this new day is to bring.

Grant unto me to dedicate myself completely to Thy Holy Will.

For every hour of this day, instruct and support me in all things.

Whatsoever tidings I may receive during the day, do Thou teach me to accept tranquilly, in the firm conviction that all eventualities fulfill Thy Holy Will.

Govern Thou my thoughts and feelings in all I do and say.

When things unforeseen occur , let me not forget that all cometh down from Thee.

Teach me to behave sincerely and rationally toward every member of my family, that I may bring confusion and sorrow to none.

Bestow upon me, my Lord, strength to endure the fatigue of the day, and to bear my part in all its passing events.

Guide Thou my will and teach me to pray, to believe, to hope, to suffer, to forgive, and to love.

Amen”

To read about the vey interesting life and tragic death of these holy martyrs of Optyna, visit: http://www.pravmir.com/article_127.html

Earth_Song1

Proud Member

Thanks, Alma. She lived to be a ripe old age. She was 86. Her health has been failing for a few years. The Lord called her home. She will be missed.

Alma

Proud Member

Thanks, Alma. She lived to be a ripe old age. She was 86. Her health has been failing for a few years. The Lord called her home. She will be missed.

^^ Then, I guess the morning prayer of the Elders I've posted was quite suitable, too. ...

Again.. may she rest in peace. ...

Earth_Song1

Proud Member

^^ Then, I guess the morning prayer of the Elders I've posted was quite suitable, too. ...

Again.. may she rest in peace. ...

Thanks, sister!

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member

Hey guys, I just want a mature Christian perspective on this. It's about my younger sister. She currently goes to school in England but she's now visiting me and my family here in NY.

Last year for Mother's Day, me and my fam went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and while we were eating. My mom was talking about grankids and how she really would like some but my sister was saying no. She was saying how she hates kids and doesn't care for them or be near them. She also said she's a celibate (which I totally understand though she talks about what kind of boys she wants to marry which doesn't make any sense lol).

The prob is she isn't truly saved. She reads the Word everyday (like its required tho), does listen to the message at church and knows the doctrine but she doesn't apply it to her life at all.

Another thing to add to the celibate thing is that she doesn't believe in marriage at all. She thinks whole marriage thing is disgusting. She has the wrong views on celibacy. She's not being celibate b/c she wants to focus on God alone. It's b/c she doesn't believe in marriage.

It's weird tho that she grew up wanting to be married and she loved kids dearly but now she hates it all. I think since moving from Brooklyn, NY to Long Island, NY changed her so much. She's not the same person I grew up with. She's like a follower. She based on her opinions on what her High School schoolmates say! She can be quite immature, too.

I don't like how at church events she puts on a act as a sweet girl but home she's the total opposite. She's actually pretty dark person, too. She calls herself an outsider. The Alexandra I know is not this different person.

I just don't know how to deal with her. My younger cousin who's 19/20 always say that me, my sister, and brother lack some common sense and he was right all about that. He did warn me about my sister but I didn't listen and now I couldn't stand living with her. Based on her FB page, she still is the same person that left the country. EVERY FB status she has is always the F-bomb and is very annoying.

She also lost her innocence of youth and doesn't love kids shows (like Disney) like she used, too. She's thinks she outgrown them and because she's 18 and she's too old for this.

I get along better with the girls from my church that is my sister's age MUCH better than my own sister. I can actually be around them 24/7 w/o freaking out at all.

What to do?

kindofdisco

Proud Member

^ She's just going through a phase. The best thing to do is NOT force Religion on her at the moment, let her find her own path. She's probably feeling stifled by it around her constantly anyway, a lot of teenagers go through that phase of trying to figure out exactly what they believe in. People are allowed to have their own views on marriage, if you don't agree with what your sister thinks then that's okay. Everybody is different. Just be careful and watch for any signs if things are taking a darker turn with her; if she starts staying in her room all the time or generally appears moody, maybe just try to approach her as gently as possible and ask her what's up. It could turn into depression very easily - I know because I've been there before - and what she needs is just support.

Alma

Proud Member

Hey guys, I just want a mature Christian perspective on this. It's about my younger sister. She currently goes to school in England but she's now visiting me and my family here in NY.

Last year for Mother's Day, me and my fam went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and while we were eating. My mom was talking about grankids and how she really would like some but my sister was saying no. She was saying how she hates kids and doesn't care for them or be near them. She also said she's a celibate (which I totally understand though she talks about what kind of boys she wants to marry which doesn't make any sense lol).

The prob is she isn't truly saved. She reads the Word everyday (like its required tho), does listen to the message at church and knows the doctrine but she doesn't apply it to her life at all.

Another thing to add to the celibate thing is that she doesn't believe in marriage at all. She thinks whole marriage thing is disgusting. She has the wrong views on celibacy. She's not being celibate b/c she wants to focus on God alone. It's b/c she doesn't believe in marriage.

It's weird tho that she grew up wanting to be married and she loved kids dearly but now she hates it all. I think since moving from Brooklyn, NY to Long Island, NY changed her so much. She's not the same person I grew up with. She's like a follower. She based on her opinions on what her High School schoolmates say! She can be quite immature, too.

I don't like how at church events she puts on a act as a sweet girl but home she's the total opposite. She's actually pretty dark person, too. She calls herself an outsider. The Alexandra I know is not this different person.

I just don't know how to deal with her. My younger cousin who's 19/20 always say that me, my sister, and brother lack some common sense and he was right all about that. He did warn me about my sister but I didn't listen and now I couldn't stand living with her. Based on her FB page, she still is the same person that left the country. EVERY FB status she has is always the F-bomb and is very annoying.

She also lost her innocence of youth and doesn't love kids shows (like Disney) like she used, too. She's thinks she outgrown them and because she's 18 and she's too old for this.

I get along better with the girls from my church that is my sister's age MUCH better than my own sister. I can actually be around them 24/7 w/o freaking out at all.

What to do?

I'm 26, and still have got pestering existential moods and phases... Because, like Kindofdisco said in her post, your sister is going through one right now. It's very common around that age also to be confused. I've been there myself, meaning in two minds about marriage, celibacy and starting a family. And at times I still am. She needs time and to not be pestered at the moment, given that she's at a critical stage in her life, on a cusp between adolescence and young adulthood. Don't worry about it just yet and don't take it personally. .. She needs gentle approaches in anything right now, it seems, like Kindofdisco said. It's a sensitivity where forcing one's way or thoughts or the others might prove very detrimental to her. Give her some time and try to tell her that you understand. She needs empathy and caution. ..

billyworld99

Proud Member

hope everyone is having a blessed day

Alma

Proud Member

You too, Billyworld... Thanks!..

Earth_Song1

Proud Member

Hi everyone!

Alma

Proud Member

About your sister, Cassie...

You've asked for a Christian perspective. .. You could pray for her for starters, too.. Hope she will be okay soon. ...

xMichellex

Proud Member

I am a believer but I feel like I have been called out as not a Christian for a comment I made and it has hurt me and troubled me a lot. I would never be derogatory towards Jesus and this was not my intention at all. Feel so sad about it.

Earth_Song1

Proud Member

Michelle, I guess I missed what was said, but I don't think I ever saw you say anything bad here. I am so sorry your feelings were hurt.

MJnVA

Proud Member

I'm reading a great book about a Russian pilgrim in search of spirituality. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in knowing what it takes to pray without ceasing.

The Way of a Pilgrim

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Lady S

Proud Member

Thank you Alma and Earth Song:)

Alma

Proud Member

I'm reading a great book about a Russian pilgrim in search of spirituality. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in knowing what it takes to pray without ceasing.

The Way of a Pilgrim

Have a wonderful Sunday.

What a coincidence... I was actually reading this link talking about incessant prayer, http://www.orthodoxchristian.info/pages/Jprayer.html right now... ^^ I will try to get the book.

I also read about Father Seraphim Rose the other day from a religious magazine on here... what an inspiring character. The way he overcame his demons and everything... If you ever get to read about him, here's a link I've found in this respect, but there are more surely: http://www.sfaturiortodoxe.ro/orthodox/orthodox_advices_seraphim_rose_writings.htm

Have a wonderful Monday, everyone....

Alma

Proud Member

Have a blessed day, everyone...

Earth_Song1

Proud Member

Let the Son shine!