Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

The Estate's idea is bad, but it has nothing to do with this phenomenon of ad hominem responses from those 'influencers' who are confronted with facts, please don't mix it together.

I'm just saying that it doesn't help. I agree that those people weren't going to be convinced either way. They are either ignorant or have an agenda.

I can't believe the estate are asking fans to use MJtruthsquad as a hashtag on twitter. If they're trying to make fans look non credible then they're doing a great job.

I think it would be a mistake for fans to be other than totally independent where these allegations are concerned. Press and public would be the first to point out any perceived 'organisation' of responses, especially if that is coming from outside the fanbase. Our strength is our diversity of backgrounds and history. We all have different 'background histories' with the various cases, with various levels of knowledge and expertise, but we can pool that and express our views in different ways. One 'approach' might not be convincing to one correspondent (on twitter, FB etc), but might strike a chord with another.

At the moment it is mainly press and HBO-linked 'influencers' who are baiting fans, but after the film is shown I hope there will more more open discussion between fans and the general public. After all we are 'them', just with more background knowledge. There will be trolls, but I think aside from them, most people are more open-minded and ready to see that this film is just a one-sided hit-piece, with zero honesty or merit.

I'm just saying that it doesn't help. I agree that those people weren't going to be convinced either way. They are either ignorant or have an agenda.
You're right that about hashtag being a bad idea, but I think most fans see it that way so they won't use it anyway.

TBH this whole "Estate calling the fans to arms" is very unprofessional to begin with. Their letter on the other hand was on fire, so kudos for that. I guess they just aren't really prepared/there's only a very little they can do to fight the case in social media, which is bad news. :/

Sorry, double post. :blush:

You're right that about hashtag being a bad idea, but I think most fans see it that way so they won't use it anyway.

TBH this whole "Estate calling the fans to arms" is very unprofessional to begin with. Their letter on the other hand was on fire, so kudos for that. I guess they just aren't really prepared/there's only a very little they can do to fight the case in social media, which is bad news. :/

It doesn't really surprise me that they want the fans to do all the work. Obviously I don't know what's going on behind the scenes and if and when they do something more significant I'll say well done but until then I don't really expect them to anything other than tell fans to keep spreading facts.

Neverlandfrauds seems to be trending, we should go with that

When does the bus advert In London start?

Congrats on the response, I could.imahing the 'omg'moment when you saw that!! What a cool feeling.

^ can it be confirmed? I doubt it.. for now it's a story to keep an eye on but not over obsess about it until more is known.

Why dont you post what it is instead of links with no info that you expect people to click on which will them give them more hits.

Why dont you post what it is instead of links with no info that you expect people to click on which will them give them more hits.

FB page MJ innocent project saying that apparently jacobshagen never said MJ abused him basically a defensive post. selling fake autographs is 'hearsay'

apparently he's doing a statement

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/jussie...es-possible-indictment-report-news.72211.html

Looks like it could be over for Jussie Smollett. He's to appear before a grand jury which brings me hope that this could actually happen to W&S too, can it? Jussie could get indicted, can the two shits as well I wonder? I mean their cases were thrown out once but now they are trying to sell it this way.

I guess it all depends on what is considered a felony huh?

Is it possible to put a sticky somewhere on this site listing where are how to complain to channel 4, HBO etc?

I’ve taken some legal advice and channel 4 are in apparent breach of the ofcom code by showing this documentary and the more of us that complain the better

A few pages back someone had helpfully listed a load of Channel 4 email addresses but there’s been so many posts since I can’t find the email addresses now. If the email addresses could be re-posted that’d be great

In the meantime the Channel 4 Director of Programmes email address is:

ikatz@channel4.co.uk

Also here is the link for making a general complaint to channel 4

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us?intcmp=footer_contact

Most of us aren’t lawyers and we don’t need to be making long winded complaints if we don’t have time. Just a few sentences about the fact you’re disgusted that this doc (state it’s name) is being shown given that it is clearly one sided and you want an explanation of how they can claim the documentary complies with the rules of fairness in section 7.9 of the ofcom code. That’d be sufficient . NB the ofcom code only relates to Channel 4 and not HBO

We can all do our bit and make our individual voices heard. Let’s do this

Last edited:

I was actually just recently wondering why the Jacobshagen claims faded into nothingness. You'd think that a third accuser would get just as much spotlight, not just a handful of news articles.

Even if he does put out a statement debunking the claims though, doubtful that any websites will pick up on it.

Joseph Vogel is currently the only person who is able to publish fair commentary on a universally trafficked website (Forbes). He needs to write more, he needs to say more, and he needs to do more. This fan community only has so far of a reach.

MJJ2theMAX;4241580 said:
Is it possible to put a sticky somewhere on this site listing where are how to complain to channel 4, HBO etc?

I’ve taken some legal advice and channel 4 are in apparent breach of the ofcom code by showing this documentary and the more of us that complain the better

A few pages back someone had helpfully listed a load of Channel 4 email addresses but there’s been so many posts since I can’t find the email addresses now. If the email addresses could be re-posted that’d be great

In the meantime the Channel 4 Director of Programmes email address is:

ikatz@channel4.co.uk

Also here is the link for making a general complaint to channel 4

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us?intcmp=footer_contact

Most of us aren’t lawyers and we don’t need to be making long winded complaints if we don’t have time. Just a few sentences about the fact you’re disgusted that this doc (state it’s name) is being shown given that it is clearly one sided and you want an explanation of how they can claim the documentary complies with the rules of fairness in section 7.9 of the ofcom code. That’d be sufficient . NB the ofcom code only relates to Channel 4 and not HBO

We can all do our bit and make our individual voices heard. Let’s do this

Include amahon@channel4.co.uk - CEO of Channel 4 and ViewerEnquiries@Channel4.co.uk

I had emailed Katz, Mahon and viewer enquiries a few days ago. Obviousl nothing back from the execs but I did get a reply from viewer enquires. Just a bog standard reply. It won’t change anything but I think it’s important that they hear that people are not happy about this.

IF Jussie really did fake this (I have not read all stories on it but am very aware of the basis of the stories) let this speak loudly to how someone can make a claim, make it look convincing and it NOT be true. #fakevictims

IF Jussie really did fake this (I have not read all stories on it but am very aware of the basis of the stories) let this speak loudly to how someone can make a claim, make it look convincing and it NOT be true. #fakevictims

Yeah, fake tears on TV. I mean, and W&S are in a film, with endless of takes and planning etc. They are in a better position too lie. And Jussie did a pretty good job of selling it, if he did indeed fake it all. Just that everyone afterwards will say they KNEW he was lying. But its just hindsight.

Thanks that’s very helpful

And yes I agree it might well not get the programme pulled but after it’s aired they often release the number of complaints they’ve had. So I will complain after the programme airs too. I can’t imagine many people complained after programmes about Saville or Glitter for example. Even if the general public hear there’s been complains it might make them think there’s another side to this.

Perhaps we should also complain to OFCOM as well? Both before and after the programme airs?

Here is where to make an OFCOM complaint to:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/how-to-report-a-complaint

Get ready...
504d2c10593754dd64fc24423830992b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

where do they watch it? i thought it will only be on hbo in march?

but funny to seempeople paying money to see this shit and look at two liars while eating popcorn HAHAHA

This whole irony makes me sick.

where do they watch it? i thought it will only be on hbo in march?

but funny to seempeople paying money to see this shit and look at two liars while eating popcorn HAHAHA

This whole irony makes me sick.

They're gonna show as many people as they can before it goes on tv so that they can get them to spew their uneducated opinions from their high horses and convince people to watch it.

Last edited:

They are talking about. One host even saying when u go back and look at his interview with robin, something does not add up. I LOVED what the criminal profiler said on the Today show. he said when people make false claims is it because of 3 things (1) money or want to raise their career; (2) mental illness; (3) REVENAGE. Sound familiar with two liars we know. And the criminal profiler said just what I was saying as well. he said when people tell a story that is overly detailed, that is sign they are often lying to boost their story. I told ya. Also, I looked at Gayle King on her show when the issue came and I loved when the person told her "when people lie or have history of lying, you have to be wary in what they say not react as if u know the facts". I LOVE IT. And I love how many on the radio were saying, this is a lesson for all of us not to judge. Bottom line, some people can LIE. I am off work today so I can channel switch today.

Last edited:

Yeah, fake tears on TV. I mean, and W&S are in a film, with endless of takes and planning etc. They are in a better position too lie. And Jussie did a pretty good job of selling it, if he did indeed fake it all. Just that everyone afterwards will say they KNEW he was lying. But its just hindsight.
And there is more evidence showing Wade and james lying than Jusse.

I've read all there is known so far and boy is he looking guilty of having orchestrated it all. Apparently police have evidence that highly suggests that Jussie paid two guys that are also from the Empire show to orchestrate this whole thing. I watched two videos of it as well by a channel that I'm subscribed to, this dude always questions things and he makes some good points. He's talking about his changing story, which sure reminded me of the Arvizo but also absolutely of W&S.

https://youtu.be/ggYQJiW3egE
https://youtu.be/MV2dX0AFbvk

I kinda hope he's gonna cover LN, but I can see him not bothering with it at all because it's just so ridiculous to begin with.

Also this guy

https://youtu.be/cun16ZmOMSk

They use reason, logic, clearly did their own research on things too. These are the kind of channels I hope will report on the "documentary" if they watch it or are planning on.

They are talking about. One host even saying when u go back and look at his interview with robin, something does not add up. I LOVED what the criminal profiler said on the Today show. he said when people make false claims is it because of 3 things (1) money or want to raise their career; (2) mental illness; (3) REVENAGE. Sound familiar with two liars we know. And the criminal profiler said just what I was saying as well. he said when people tell a story that is overly detailed, that is sign they are often lying to boost their story. I told ya. Also, I looked at Gayle King on her show when the issue came and I loved when the person told her "when people lie or have history of lying, you have to be wary in what they say not react as if u know the facts". I LOVE IT. And I love how many on the radio were saying, this is a lesson for all of us not to judge . Bottom line, some people can LIE. I am off work today so I can channel switch today.

Well, let's hope they stay true to this and do the same for MJ then, and I kinda doubt they will. Because it's MJ and anything goes when it concerns him. But I'd LOVE to be wrong.

Let's just wait and see if people are careful to judge someone while watching this trash. Something tells me these goddamn hypocrits will jump to all kinds of conclusions because again, it's MJ. Had it been any other person they undoubtedly would have been more objective.

I'm gonna go and say Jussie is full of it, if he had made a documentary about this and had it shown to people it would be exactly the same thing as LN. I realize I am kinda jumping to conclusions about the media now too, but really, they deserve no better and I have very little faith in them. But we'll see, it would be immensely refreshing to see them actually questioning this during their shows, bringing in the cold hard facts, maybe showing old interviews of Robson etc.

But this is the same media that is totally trashing him right now and fabricating stories as they go along.

I've read all there is known so far and boy is he looking guilty of having orchestrated it all. Apparently police have evidence that highly suggests that Jussie paid two guys that are also from the Empire show to orchestrate this whole thing. I watched two videos of it as well by a channel that I'm subscribed to, this dude always questions things and he makes some good points. He's talking about his changing story, which sure reminded me of the Arvizo but also absolutely of W&S.

https://youtu.be/ggYQJiW3egE
https://youtu.be/MV2dX0AFbvk

I kinda hope he's gonna cover LN, but I can see him not bothering with it at all because it's just so ridiculous to begin with.

Also this guy

https://youtu.be/cun16ZmOMSk

They use reason, logic, clearly did their own research on things too. These are the kind of channels I hope will report on the "documentary" if they watch it or are planning on.
hey will. And I loved how the criminal profile said just use your common sense when looking at the facts. Same in MJ case, MJ been way investigated and his accusers been proven liars, people changing stories, witch hunt, etc even people who think MJ is guilty can NOT give nothing legit to back their nonsense up other than name calling and attacking fans who show PROOF of the all the lies.

Well, let's hope they stay true to this and do the same for MJ then, and I kinda doubt they will. Because it's MJ and anything goes when it concerns him. But I'd LOVE to be wrong.

Let's just wait and see if people are careful to judge someone while watching this trash. Something tells me these goddamn hypocrits will jump to all kinds of conclusions because again, it's MJ. Had it been any other person they undoubtedly would have been more objective.

I'm gonna go and say Jussie is full of it, if he had made a documentary about this and had it shown to people it would be exactly the same thing as LN. I realize I am kinda jumping to conclusions about the media now too, but really, they deserve no better and I have very little faith in them. But we'll see, it would be immensely refreshing to see them actually questioning this during their shows, bringing in the cold hard facts, maybe showing old interviews of Robson etc.

But this is the same media that is totally trashing him right now and fabricating stories as they go along.
I hope so too and I b believe it will.

hey will. And I loved how the criminal profile said just use your common sense when looking at the facts. Same in MJ case, MJ been way investigated and his accusers been proven liars, people changing stories, witch hunt, etc even people who think MJ is guilty can NOT give nothing legit to back their nonsense up other than name calling and attacking fans who show PROOF of the all the lies.

Which show was this? This is a show I'd watch. Because I love that kind of stuff. Actually quality TV.

Back