Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

Yes! Even the mainstream media here isn't making a huge fuss about this, so for the sake of everyone's health, don't dwell on this too hard. We already know the truth!
I agree. ANd I think that is why the family is quiet but if this gets bigger, lets all get our battle gear on.

Well, this pile of horse cr@p has at least ONE 'good' review on twitter, from a Spanish producer and writer (twitter-verified, and listed on IMDb) , who said this:

Just saw this #LeavingNeverland documentary. As a professional filmmaker, is easy to detect that it’s more a mockumentary than a proper impartial documentary. Couldn’t believe a word of the both “victims”. Bad acting. At times, shameful. Directing and script was even worse. 1/10

I agree. ANd I think that is why the family is quiet but if this gets bigger, lets all get our battle gear on.

Agree. All it will do is draw more attention. Wade and Jimmy want the attention.

Don't read the reviews.

Leaving Neverland apparently has nothing as far as legitimate evidence goes, other than circumstantial "voice recordings" and "handwritten memos" that don't indicate anything shocking or abhorrent. But even so, every review says it's "incredibly believable" and that Robson/Safechuck are "true survivors."

This is bad. This is very, very, very bad.
Why are you are trippin over this? Of course it is going to be made to make Michael look bad. This not something that is done IN THE COURT OF LAW (which these fools lost and Wade testified for MJ in court). Of course some are going to say "it is incredibly believable" but it was believable when they defended Michael as well; and when you look at the motives and everything else, it backs MJ.

terrell;4238070 said:

It will get bigger when it’s on tv. Just remember this too shall pass. Remember the appeal in the court proceedings. They are just feeding the media with this so there is sympathy and trying to draw out more supposed victims. It will be a sh!ty few months but we will get through this just like we did the last time and the times that are still to come. Hang in there.

I am afraid to the press

again, these are the same guys who defended Jackson and was creditable. That is the differences.

but this is not an argument. an abused person can even defend their abuser, it is very complex to try to explain it, the abused do not always hate the abuser from the beginning, many abusers treat children well while they use them, on the one hand they take care of them and they are good with them , they play with them, moments of fun and affection and on the other hand they participate in sexual games making them believe that they are normal, they are not forced and the children are left and they believe for years that they have been participants of those acts, the children feel love and hate at the same time, it is very difficult to understand that they were abused when the abuse occurs in this way and many even cover the abuser for shame, and for many more reasons, in wade this could be explained and james again tell you that never defended it, never. james had no relationship with michael since 1997-98, and as he said in his lawsuit he did not want to know anything about him because he hated him for the abuse very soon, sooner than wade.

Anyone who sees the documentary will believe wade and james. No case of abuse has "legitimate evidence" , that is impossible, in an abuse the evidence is the trauma, facts lived, most of cases there is no proof of that except the abused's word and its history. I want to see the documentary and know exactly what counts, but without seeing it it is not difficult to guess that there will not be anyone who believes in michael except the fans, it does not matter if the fans believe in it or not, for the rest of the world nobody think that two boys plays with a child abuse involving their entire family and counting such a detailed abuse if it has not been abused.
another reason for the world to see that they only want to tell the world his true. The people will believe in wade And James.

I do not understand the silence of the brothers of michael, absolute silence, maybe they feel tired or maybe they think that this is not their war, but why nobody defends it except jermaine and his nephews?
Anyone know about the fan who had tickets to see the documentary and comment everything? Have you said anything about it?

They are being paid. Who told you they are not? They only confirmed that HBO, which is one of the producers, has not offered them anything in return, but they want HBO to show the doc so they can get exposure. They also still have an open case. They hope the doc will create enough pressure for the higher courts to consider their case. Not gonna happen in a million year.

Seriously, anyone that is already through with it for today, don't check the TMZ link. The "details" are really bad. This actually is the first time one of his own children is brought up and with claims that he was abusing one of them. The nerve on these Robson and Safechuck......

Standing ovation? Tears? I am not watching any of that Q&A, **** this so damn much.

@Terrell

You're right about that, absolutely. I shouldn't let it get the best of me. So far it doesn't seem to have reached actual news (at least not in Holland) cause my stepfather would have brought it up for damn sure.

This "doc" was the perfect opportunity for these vermin from tabloids to do what they do best, what they have been missing. Finally being able to shit on Mike again.
Who did the accusation that he abused one of his own kids? They're alive, so I think we might have a legal case.

ETA: I lashed out at this and went back and realize they were talking about Wade's kid. Sorry-jumped the gun.

Last edited:

but this is not an argument. an abused person can even defend their abuser, it is very complex to try to explain it, the abused do not always hate the abuser from the beginning, many abusers treat children well while they use them, on the one hand they take care of them and they are good with them , they play with them, moments of fun and affection and on the other hand they participate in sexual games making them believe that they are normal, they are not forced and the children are left and they believe for years that they have been participants of those acts, the children feel love and hate at the same time, it is very difficult to understand that they were abused when the abuse occurs in this way and many even cover the abuser for shame, and for many more reasons, in wade this could be explained and james again tell you that never defended it, never. james had no relationship with michael since 1997-98, and as he said in his lawsuit he did not want to know anything about him because he hated him for the abuse very soon, sooner than wade.

James was a drug addict with a messy life with no education and very poor family. From the reviews he seems angry that he was 'dumped'. Again the entitlement complex. Even Wade's mother complained about MJ not giving Wade the attention Wade and she thought he deserved! they were fighting for MJ's attention while he was trying to be polite with everyone but they resented him. They blame him for all their failures. These guys do not want to take responsibility for their choices in life. Safe**** was complaining about having to work more than 60 hours a week soon before Wade came out with his tale of lies. It was an opportunity for him.

leave everything aside, why did their stories change from one filing to another? why would a victim resort to lie when they claim that all they want is for their 'Truth' to be out? why the need to LIE?

I can only see things getting worse from here tbh.

Well, this pile of horse cr@p has at least ONE 'good' review on twitter, from a Spanish producer and writer (twitter-verified, and listed on IMDb) , who said this:

Good to see at least one person that isn't lacking a brain. I like that he doesn't believe the two shits at all.

I can only see things getting worse from here tbh.
I cant see it getting a WHOLE lot worse. The man is dead. When push comes to shove, people will need to realise this documentary was not a criminal trial. The times up guys will carry on their battle regarding this. I bet it wasn't mentioned how book deals were saught, mj cirque rejection, suing for money etc. Ive seen none of these in reviews. That will come evntually. Dont get me wrong, this is terrible.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I've never done this before and the reason why I'm here cos of the disgusting documentary I'm used to media's twisted lies but the thing that eats me is there are hundreds and thousands of gullible people who believe this monstrous allegations. I've been depressed this passed few weeks and i needed some comfort that is why I'm here ? it pains me that there's no action to stop it and I read the news today that the premier is standing ovation it makes my stomach turns. My God why did they let this happened ? i signed the petition but it seems there's still actions.

I understand all of that BUT the person who they accused, the people who questioned them even at a YOUNG age; the constance asking by others if they were ever a abused in private and public even after death does NOT fit with someone who you are describing. Also, Mike was NOT a family member someone whom they HAD to live with and deal with. MJ was NOT even a neighbor. The guys could not think anything is "normal" because they always was asked about it and had to deal with it since. Even the stuff you are talking about, I understand. At 7 years old, I had a cousin to touch me twice improper and I NEVER defended him; in fact, I always left the room when he came over and I did not want to go to his house to get something for my grandmother. The point is, as someone who has been through this, worked in this, these guys does NOT fit this. You can not believe something is "normal" when you are WILLING to talk and defend even when you are grown and the person you are accusing is on trial and who you all defended even after he died and then wanting to sue for $100 million dollars and when you lost that suite, you now at a gala talking about it. Give me a break. I have never seen people who are really abused by people, priest, even look at Harvey Weinstein, how many of those people ever defended Weinstein or anyone? NONE.) let alone in court and then change their minds. Even the girl name SMART who was kidnapped and living with her abusers NEVER defended them when they were CAUGHT and put on trial.

Last edited:

Good to see at least one person that isn't lacking a brain. I like that he doesn't believe the two shits at all.
Alot of people dont but as usual we give the hollowing wolves too much attention. And I do not believe everyone there believe these guys either.

we have been through worse but this has to be one of the worse things since the trial.. nothing would be as bad as those days, but this is still F'd up majorly..

Exactly. And there were no graphic details before. If people thought MJ might've been guilty before, they will now think that he's sick, twisted and a moster. It's already happening.

I'm not on Twitter, but I clicked on two Twitter posts from reviewers on another site. I gather they were both young people and one works for USA Today. Of course, they fell for everything-=hook, line, and sinker and how can you not when you're seeing one side and one side only.
But both tweets had hundreds of responses from people throwing quotes, pictures, film, court documents at them from every side.

Who was the critic from Spain that didn't believe anything?

I cant see it getting a WHOLE lot worse. The man is dead. When push comes to shove, people will need to realise this documentary was not a criminal trial. The times up guys will carry on their battle regarding this. I bet it wasn't mentioned how book deals were saught, mj cirque rejection, suing for money etc. Ive seen none of these in reviews. That will come evntually. Dont get me wrong, this is terrible.

A hater who was in attendance did say that the documentary does present them as true victims not alleged ones. There was no attempt at all to refute anything they have claimed. That was not the point of the documentary. To the contrary, the director went into great length to allow them to provide a proper explanation for the denial that lasted decades. No one is claiming there was explosive evidence. No, not at all. they are citing the similarities in their stories as the most compelling evidence that they were telling the truth. Go figure.

And look how Jimmy Kimbel asked Wade about MJ. There was nothing out of place of Wade in answering with a NO.

A hater who was in attendance did say that the documentary does present them as true victims not alleged ones. There was no attempt at all to refute anything they have claimed. That was not the point of the documentary. To the contrary, the director went into great length to allow them to provide a proper explanation for the denial that lasted decades. No one is claiming there was explosive evidence. No, not at all. they are citing the similarities in their stories as the most compelling evidence that they were telling the truth. Go figure.
Yeah when they get together with a sleezy lawyer and get talk and get their story together so they can present it at Sundance in hope of lying and getting a $100 million dollar pay day. Yeah that will make anyone practice and try to look creditable. people do it everyday for less (we have the fool on tape where we can tell he was lying. They had until 2013-2018 to practice)

I'm not on Twitter, but I clicked on two Twitter posts from reviewers on another site. I gather they were both young people and one works for USA Today. Of course, they fell for everything-=hook, line, and sinker and how can you not when you're seeing one side and one side only.
But both tweets had hundreds of responses from people throwing quotes, pictures, film, court documents at them from every side.

Who was the critic from Spain that didn't believe anything?
And that is what you do. They can not dispute it. And again, if you want to get $100 million dollars, you will play up your lie.

I guess I have been riding the high of the lack of negativity surrounding Michael Jackson sense passing and got used to a little more fair treatment..

It's hard to put my mind back into going through this type.of BS

They're gonna shop this around. It's gonna be all over streaming services, and it's gonna get the same reaction it's currently getting. People are idiots it seems and will just believe it. I hope it gets exposed but who will give a platform to this exposing? None of the mainstream media will, and posts on twitter will not do it unfortunately.

Of course it can get worse.. were in the era of #metoo and everyone finding reasons to be offended.

(I'm not anti metoo if that's how it comes off)

It's just an era of the easily offended looking for a 'cause' to fight for..everyone looking for bandwagons to jump on.. we have the biggest artist in modern history being accused in a platform that people get info now.. film! .. nobody really reads anymore.

That said, the truth will end up winning in the end! It will be a bumpy road at times

Here I was, having a wonderful day. Sigh.

As I feared, there will be those who will find this documentary credible and will see Michael as a monster. And MJ fans will be seen as delusional, unwilling to face the truth.

There is alot going on in my mind at the moment. For now I will say, I hope there will be a review that will take a serious, critical look at the content of this 'documentary'.

Of course it can get worse.. were in the era of #metoo and everyone finding reasons to be offended.

(I'm not anti metoo if that's how it comes off)

It's just an era of the easily offended looking for a 'cause' to fight for..everyone looking for bandwagons to jump on.. we have the biggest artist in modern history being accused in a platform that people get info now.. film!

That said, the truth will end up winning in the end! It will be a bumpy road at times
It'll be rocky, but it'll be ok old pal.

It'll be rocky, but it'll be ok old pal.

Aw thanks, I know..

But damn would I love to do something rediculous like stand infront of that screen while its playing and cut it up..lol

Just interrupt the entire project

I guess I have been riding the high of the lack of negativity surrounding Michael Jackson sense passing and got used to a little more fair treatment..

It's hard to put my mind back into going through this type.of BS
It is going to be alright.

Here I was, having a wonderful day. Sigh.

As I feared, there will be those who will find this documentary credible and will see Michael as a monster. And MJ fans will be seen as delusional, unwilling to face the truth.

There is alot going on in my mind at the moment. For now I will say, I hope there will be a review that will take a serious, critical look at the content of this 'documentary'.
Jackson's fans have stuff to back up what we say. I must admit I am blessed when it comes to MJ here even in my family whom we all love and even people around me and at work. Just remember everyone has haters and we can back up what we say. if someone calls you crazy, call them one back because they are the one who is crazy. if they want to put their stock in guys who defended Jackson even in court where It COUNTS (NOT some Doc),that is their stupidity and clearly is just someone who want MJ to be a pedo (people like that often are hiding something within themselves)

Back