Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Alh21;4263207 said:
Yes and hopefully sit back and watch them 2 be exposed and crawl back under the rock they came from
I think if Janet or one of MJs kids did speak up they would just twist their words so it is a though behind Taj and Brandi doing it, even though nobody is willing to listen to Brandi because her story is to good. Good Morning America canceling on her was really lame but had she just said ”I know my uncle and he would never do something like that” or something similar then that would have been allowed.

La74;4263218 said:
I think if Janet or one of MJs kids did speak up they would just twist their words so it is a though behind Taj and Brandi doing it, even though nobody is willing to listen to Brandi because her story is to good. Good Morning America canceling on her was really lame but had she just said ”I know my uncle and he would never do something like that” or something similar then that would have been allowed.

I agree. The media will twist anything they say. Btw, just what would they say anyway? IMO, at the moment the family is doing the right thing by allowing Taj to handle its.
I also believe that it is great that the fans have been so vocal. The lying media and that bastard Dan Reed can’t say that we are doing it for money. That is what he claimed when MJE or any of Michael’s siblings spoke out at the beginning.

somewhereinthedark;4263230 said:
I agree. The media will twist anything they say. Btw, just what would they say anyway? IMO, at the moment the family is doing the right thing by allowing Taj to handle its.
I also believe that it is great that the fans have been so vocal. The lying media and that bastard Dan Reed can’t say that we are doing it for money. That is what he claimed when MJE or any of Michael’s siblings spoke out at the beginning.

Us as fans have the biggest voice at the min, I don't blame his family for keeping quiet that's the way I would play it as well, the more dickhead Reed keeps taking the bigger hole he is digging as far as I'm concerned. I watch him being interviewed by piers Morgan just after LN came out, he actually sat and said that it no money had been mentioned and that they hadn't sued, he then said we'll it's compensation isn't it, unbelievable crap he talks. Just to look at all 3 of them together makes my blood boil

La74;4263218 said:

I didn't know she had been cancelled, well that's suspicious in itself, please tell me that there is gonna be an end to this, I don't think I could bare to not have an outcome and prove MJs innocence

friends, we all know that we have not left the LN mess behind. now this movie got 5 emmy nominations. lol.

we will still win this race.

we already guessed that LN will get another attention wave when all the stupid wannabe important awards come up. the world has changed. facts don’t matter anymore.

after this shit MJ will be bigger than before. no one is talking about this movie anymore. only us and haters. and now the mainstream media again with the emmys.

there won’t be any other accusers.

they cannot take back the movie. all the lies have been told and debunked. most people know that.

we will see that it had no negative impact when the next sales of mj are published. he will always be the most selling dead artist.

racism is everywhere nowadays. sad but true.

Yep, 5 Emmy nominations (not 2019, thankfully!)
The awards will be announced just a week after the next Estate vs HBO court hearing. :(

Sexual Abuse Docs 'Leaving Neverland,' 'Surviving R. Kelly' Nominated for 2019 Emmys

HBO's documentary about Michael Jackson earned five noms, while Lifetime's R. Kelly series received one.
The 2019 Emmy nominations were announced Tuesday morning and among the honorees were sexual abuse documentaries Leaving Neverland, from HBO, and Lifetime's Surviving R. Kelly — both of which explored claims made against prominent men in the music industry.

HBO's four-hour film — which featured testimony from Wade Robson and James Safechuck, two men who claim to have suffered childhood sexual abuse at the hands of the late Michael Jackson — earned a total of five noms. The project — directed by Dan Reed — was nominated in the following categories: outstanding directing for a documentary/nonfiction program; outstanding documentary or nonfiction special; outstanding picture editing for a nonfiction program; outstanding sound editing for a nonfiction program; and outstanding sound mixing for a nonfiction program.

After Leaving Neverland's debut in January at the Sundance Film Festival, Jackson's estate called the film "a tabloid character assassination" and insisted it "isn't a documentary," while his family called Reed and the pic's two accusers "opportunists."

Surviving R. Kelly, meanwhile, received one nom. Lifetime's six-episode series — which aired in January and featured more than 50 people speaking about alleged acts of abuse by the R&B singer — was nominated for outstanding informational series or special.

News of Surviving R. Kelly's Emmy nom comes just days after news broke that Kelly was arrested on charges that he recruited girls and women to have illegal sex with him and then covered up the crimes by paying and threatening the victims and witnesses.

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Surviving R. Kelly executive producer Dream Hampton expressed her gratitude to the Television Academy for recognizing her work. "Our team is so grateful to the Academy for this nomination, and to the brave women who sat with us and shared their stories on camera," said Hampton. "We could have never imagined the impact Surviving R. Kelly would have, but we hope it continues a long overdue and necessary conversation that centers on survivors."

The Primetime Emmy Awards, honoring the best in TV programming, will be handed out Sunday, Sept. 22. The show will air live on Fox starting at 5 p.m. PT from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. A host has not yet been announced.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...neverland-surviving-r-kelly-nominated-1224573

I didn't know she had been cancelled, well that's suspicious in itself, please tell me that there is gonna be an end to this, I don't think I could bare to not have an outcome and prove MJs innocence
She had an interview booked for the same day it was released or something like that and was going to tell her story about her relationship with Wade but they canceled it without giving any real explanation.

I am done with Hollywood! I've been done, but this right here... Racism is alive in this world, it's frustrating! Hollywood and the Government... corrupted fakes!

I knew it would be nominated. Such BS but not unexpected at all.

So tired of this.

Leave the man alone already. Enough.

This is so clear that there is an agenda. Even as big as Rkelly doc was, it got ONE YET MJ who clearly is a lying doc with proven liars get FIVE. I am beyond words. And notice, they are nominating this fool for editing, sound mix, etc. Oh yeah, this is an AGENDA. it wont work. This trash is going to exposed. if the Emmys want to take a page out of the Grammys with Milli Vanilli, so be it; the ONLY thing now is MORE people are going to examine these lies.

Last edited:
Hollywood always been bad. even Michael told us himself. Hollywood getting crazier everyday. they bunch money hungry people. Racism most definitely alive. and i keep telling people this even Michael said it himself also. we all need to wake up! i'm sick of it too.

Oprah is with the white supremacy. look what she says about black men. Oprah is racist and i thought she was better then that with all the civil rights she has done in the past. i guess all that was for show and for money. done with her.

Last edited:
This is so clear that there is an agenda. Even as big as Rkelly doc was, it got ONE YET MJ who clearly is a lying doc with proven liars get FIVE. I am beyond words. And notice, they are nominating this fool for editing, sound mix, etc. Oh yeah, this is an AGENDA. it wont work. This trash is going to exposed. if the Emmys want to take a page out of the Grammys with Milli Vinnie, so be it; the ONLY thing now is MORE people are going to examine these lies.
You mean Milli Vanilli?

At this point i think we all need to hope this crap doesn't win anything. this crap shouldn't even got nominations. ugh. poor mike, his family, and us fans. :(

Last edited:
There is a lot that can happen between now and the broadcast. So let us stay calm and stay the course.

We knew we were running a marathon.

Admittedly winning an Emmy will give the documentary a certain cache, but we have seen that things go in waves. Reed and co can ride that wave for a bit but eventually it will come crashing down.

This clearly shows that these awards are rigged... We're going into darker times here in America... I don't know how much longer I can take this... It's bad enough that Black actors don't get the nominations they truly deserve, but this... these people need to be exposed!

Last edited:
I've definitely prepared myself for it to win. It wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Yeah. This might not have worked out for these guys entirely for cancelling Michael's music. But that documentary still did enough damage. Personally, I'm bracing myself for LN to win because I'm sure the big folks at the Emmys don't want to upset the MeToo believer crowd. I hope I'm wrong. But if nobody involved with the Emmys believed these men, the film wouldn't have even been nominated. And after what I've seen of most celebrities and others trashing Michael for the sake of the MeToo movement, I'm sure of what's going to happen when the awards are given out.

Last edited:
Back