Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

analogue;4267676 said:
Has anyone seen the clips of Robson ''dancing'' that's being posted on Twitter? They're hilarious, and what makes it even funnier is that he thinks he's brilliant. You can see why he wasn't chosen to be part of MJ ONE.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="in" dir="ltr">sco pa tu manaa ? &#55358;&#56596; <a href="https://t.co/W7zkwRpjw0">pic.twitter.com/W7zkwRpjw0</a></p>&#8212; The King Of Pop &#55356;&#57269;&#55356;&#57269;&#55356;&#57269; (@The_Kingss777) <a href="https://twitter.com/The_Kingss777/status/1167202166873964551?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
That, Wade is the reason that you didn&#8217;t get the job. Now you should be a father for your son and don&#8217;t let him grow up in the shadow of your false allegations.

Is 50 Cent still salty that he got duped into participating on a fake MJ track? What a twat.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">50 Cent, you &#8220;can&#8217;t believe&#8221; it because it DID NOT happen. If you were worth a full &#55357;&#56501; you would understand that. I would be happy to give you the extra 50 cents to do some damn research. Or, at least just watch Dave Chappelle talk about those lying MFers... <a href="https://t.co/aoD4nrfG2f">https://t.co/aoD4nrfG2f</a></p>&mdash; John Ziegler (@Zigmanfreud) <a href="https://twitter.com/Zigmanfreud/status/1167828731378847745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 31, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

I don't know what you guys think but I feel like things have changed quite a bit, especially since #LiesOfLeavingNeverland was trending. I got the impression from several tweets (outside of the #MJFAM) that people felt it gave them permission to speak out in favour of MJ. There were a couple of people that literally said this and it seemed like actual relief from one guy! Now we have tweets from Paris Hilton etc so things are really working out.

p.s I know people are upset about Sheryl Crow but who even listens to her? I checked her Instagram and she has 197k followers. Cardi B speaks in favour of MJ and she has 50 MILLION followers! Try not to stress about irrelevant people.

Last edited:
Anna;4267682 said:
Is 50 Cent still salty that he got duped into participating on a fake MJ track? What a twat.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">50 Cent, you &#8220;can&#8217;t believe&#8221; it because it DID NOT happen. If you were worth a full &#55357;&#56501; you would understand that. I would be happy to give you the extra 50 cents to do some damn research. Or, at least just watch Dave Chappelle talk about those lying MFers... <a href="https://t.co/aoD4nrfG2f">https://t.co/aoD4nrfG2f</a></p>&mdash; John Ziegler (@Zigmanfreud) <a href="https://twitter.com/Zigmanfreud/status/1167828731378847745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 31, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

Yeah I just saw the tweet too. I honestly expected better from the dude. But there ARE photos of him and Oprah,.... so...yeah.

Snoop Dogg posted on his Instagram a pic of Mike during She's out of my life with the text that he's thinking of starting something. Implying he's not happy one bit with 50 now.

And yet last year he supported XXXTentacion and R Kelly when he said it was wrong of Spotify to stop his music when both weren't even convicted of anything. What a goddamned hypocrit, wow.

Just saw a photo of 50 with Gail King now as well as with Oprah. So...yeah.

Pay 50 cent no attention. that is all he wants. ATTENTION from this situation. He does not make music no more, just sick on twitter to tick people off. He does this to EVERYONE. Like I said, this is the same fool who always talk about "get the strap". Sound like he has a fettis.

Nice one. Ignore the haters, show the people sticking up for MJ some support!

View this post on Instagram A post shared by snoopdogg (@snoopdogg) on Aug 31, 2019 at 9:44am PDT

I love Snoop for this. To my knowledge he's friends with 50, so respect if he's planning on going at him. He truly should just have a good talk with him about how much he's being played now.

Folks on Twitter saying 50's once threatened his own son with death, is a woman abuser, and he's here fully supporting Chris Brown and last year XXX and R Kelly. He is one to talk about this. They have a point.

Last edited:
Let the famous haters talk. They're documenting their ignorance. They'll be sorry when Dan Reed and his two friends shift into reverse gear.

Oh man, I so hope this will eventually happen. To see it all backfire and for everyone that still has doubts or is dumb enough to flat out believe it to see how badly they have been played.

I saw some more chats of 50 where Rodney Jerkins tells 50 to stay classy and not disrespect MJ that way, and 50 just responds with typical troll comments about boy ass and what not. He's sad.

50 Cent should stop opening his mouth. I used to like his music but he hasn't been truly relevant in over a decade and everything he says sounds childish. The way he talks sounds like how I remember kids in High School would say stupid crap about MJ to sound "cool".

Also, I don't really follow Chris Brown but I'm pretty sure in order for someone to be the new "King of Pop", they would have to actually be, you know, POPular! I'm sure Chris Brown has a large following of fans that buy his music, but I can honestly say it's been almost a decade since I've heard a song of his on the radio, or in a club, bar, restaurant, or any major public place. If I hear his name at all, it's usually something about him having beaten Rihanna. him and 50 both are far from what I would consider relevant.

50 deleted his post on Instagram, not yet on Twitter. Why? Apparently he's opening for Janet Jackson live. So wtf, he forgot that he was going to to perform there or something? Not wise to write such trash.

I honestly hope Janet drops him, but I'm not sure if it works like that.

50 has now deleted his Tweet too. NME wrote an article about it already which is a shame. I hope Janet drops him too.

Oh man, I so hope this will eventually happen. To see it all backfire and for everyone that still has doubts or is dumb enough to flat out believe it to see how badly they have been played.

I saw some more chats of 50 where Rodney Jerkins tells 50 to stay classy and not disrespect MJ that way, and 50 just responds with typical troll comments about boy ass and what not. He's sad.
50 cent makes himself look dumb. It is well known. he is not hurting, he is hurting himself.

50 has now deleted his Tweet too. NME wrote an article about it already which is a shame. I hope Janet drops him too.
Some articles love dirt/trash. That only reveals they are low life. He did that to get attention and he is now catching it.

50 deleted his post on Instagram, not yet on Twitter. Why? Apparently he's opening for Janet Jackson live. So wtf, he forgot that he was going to to perform there or something? Not wise to write such trash.

I honestly hope Janet drops him, but I'm not sure if it works like that.
I hope someone send it to Janet.

50 Cent should stop opening his mouth. I used to like his music but he hasn't been truly relevant in over a decade and everything he says sounds childish. The way he talks sounds like how I remember kids in High School would say stupid crap about MJ to sound "cool".

Also, I don't really follow Chris Brown but I'm pretty sure in order for someone to be the new "King of Pop", they would have to actually be, you know, POPular! I'm sure Chris Brown has a large following of fans that buy his music, but I can honestly say it's been almost a decade since I've heard a song of his on the radio, or in a club, bar, restaurant, or any major public place. If I hear his name at all, it's usually something about him having beaten Rihanna. him and 50 both are far from what I would consider relevant.
Well, it is backfiring on him.

HBO made waves back in March with Leaving Neverland, the tale of two individuals who allege suffering child sex abuse at the hands of Michael Jackson, and as the documentary competes for Emmy Awards at a ceremony on Sept. 22, a legal dispute has taken on a life of its own with important issues now before a California federal judge.

The first thing to recognize about the lawsuit filed on Feb. 21 by the Michael Jackson Estate is that it was quite atypical from the get-go and has only grown more curious in the months since. But the case also could represent a harbinger of what's to come given the rise of #metoo, the prevalence of arbitration in corporate America and the way in which federal courts are sometimes wrestling with procedure in First Amendment disputes.

Those who run the late pop star's business affairs believe Leaving Neverland unfairly tarnished Michael Jackson's legacy, and to litigate the issue they are seizing upon a 1992 contract that provided the pay network with rights to air a televised concert following the release of Jackson's album Dangerous. That more than quarter-century-old agreement also included a non-disparagement clause as well as an arbitration provision, which to borrow the assessment of HBO's lawyer, has the potential to become "a perpetual platform to police HBO's speech."

When it comes to figuring out whether or not arbitration agreements govern a dispute, and whether a judge or arbitrator gets to decide jurisdiction, the Michael Jackson Estate and HBO are certainly not the first to battle over such a topic. Rather, what makes this situation particularly unique is the manner in which the Leaving Neverland case has journeyed, beginning from the way that the Michael Jackson Estate attempted to compel arbitration.

Usually when someone wants arbitration, they privately submit a demand before an alternative dispute resolution forum like JAMS or the American Arbitration Association. Resistance from the other side may mean going to court to force compliance with an arbitration agreement.
In this instance, the Michael Jackson Estate wanted to make as much noise as possible as HBO prepared to broadcast Leaving Neverland. So days before the documentary aired, a petition in public court was filed that aimed to get HBO into arbitration. But notably, the court filing became a PR weapon against the documentary. Although the Michael Jackson Estate needn't have gone so far, the petition included substantial detail about the claims that would be brought once the two sides were engaged in arbitration. In many ways, the petition resembled the kind of complaint one sees at the beginning of a lawsuit in open court. But again, the Michael Jackson Estate really was just asking a judge to compel arbitration, not resolve whether HBO had breached the 1992 contract. To make this situation even odder, a lawyer for the Michael Jackson Estate was telling the press they wanted an arbitration "open to the public for all to see," a wild departure from the usual hush-hush nature of what happens at JAMS.

For months, the parties explored the gateway issue of arbitrability.

Then, U.S. District Court Judge George H. Wu made his own weird move. Specifically, the judge invited briefing on the issue of whether compelling arbitration over Leaving Neverland would infringe HBO's constitutional rights. The judge nudged HBO to file a motion to strike the Michael Jackson Estate's petition under California's SLAPP statute. At a July 15 hearing, Wu wondered out loud why HBO hadn't taken his earlier wink-wink. "I was too subtle last time," he said, "and they just didn't appreciate the gem that was in their mine. They had the stone and they just threw it back and went on forward and kept digging."

So taking the judge's cue, HBO indeed moved forward with an anti-SLAPP motion.

Here's why it matters — and has the potential of going places and becoming quite significant even beyond this dispute over Leaving Neverland.

SLAPP stands for "Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation." Several dozen states throughout the country have enacted SLAPP statutes to deter people from using the courts to chill constitutionally protected speech and petitioning. After all, the sheer prospect of having to defend a lawsuit — even a frivolous one — has the potential of causing folks to censor themselves. The way in which these SLAPP statutes operate is that if a defendant can show that a claim arises from First Amendment activity on matters of public concern, then a plaintiff must demonstrate a prima facie showing of merit in the claim. If a likelihood of success can't be established, the lawsuit hits a wall, and the defendant is entitled to recovery of legal fees.

Over the years, the use of SLAPP statutes in federal courts (as opposed to state courts) has grown more controversial because of a feeling that it alters typical federal procedure by putting the onus on plaintiffs to show a likelihood of victory at the initial stage instead of merely stating a plausible claim. As such, while some appellate circuits are now allowing SLAPP analysis in federal courts with the view that judges should apply state substantive law in diversity cases (that being, ones where plaintiffs and defendants don't share state citizenship), other appellate circuits are coming to the conclusion that SLAPP analysis is not allowed.

Legal observers believe that this circuit split over whether SLAPP motions should be heard in federal court is destined for the Supreme Court.

Back to the Leaving Neverland case where a federal judge is not only entertaining a SLAPP motion, but seemingly invited one. And not just over any issue but one where a defendant — HBO — is aiming to stop an arbitration. If there's anything the Supreme Court has shown in recent years, it's the sanctity and reach of the Federal Arbitration Act. Then again, in light of the #metoo movement, many states are leery about having tales of sexual abuse hushed up and are enacting new laws to stop certain arbitrations.

Within this context comes HBO's argument within its SLAPP motion and the opposition filed on Thursday night by the Michael Jackson Estate.

In its brief, HBO points to the "extraordinary" origins of the case — the way the Michael Jackson Estate made a "public shot across the bow, threatening to pursue and punish HBO in a 'public' arbitration seeking over $100 million, even before Leaving Neverland debuted on HBO."

HBO contends this use of the court — or "speech-chilling conduct" — flouts First Amendment principles, California public policy and its due process rights. Further, HBO argues that the Michael Jackson Estate cannot establish a reasonable probability of prevailing because the 1992 agreement doesn't pertain to Leaving Neverland, and is expired.

Again, under the second prong of the SLAPP statute, a plaintiff must demonstrate a probability of prevailing before getting a green light to move forward, but what does it mean in this situation? The immediate relief being sought by the Michael Jackson Estate is to compel arbitration. HBO seemingly argues that wherever the dispute is adjudicated, the underlying claim of breaching a non-disparagement clause is a meritless one. So will the judge actually turn to interpreting the contract at hand and the content of Leaving Neverland? It's not particularly clear.

In the opposition memorandum, the Michael Jackson Estate stresses that its petition turns exclusively "an issue of federal law under the Federal Arbitration Act" and as such, this court has no business applying California's SLAPP law to whether or not HBO goes to arbitration. Recent Supreme Court rulings how states can't create “procedural or substantive” obstacles to enforcement of arbitration agreements gets attention. And the Michael Jackson Estate reminds the judge of the modest chore before him.

The petition, states plaintiff, "arises out of HBO’s refusal to arbitrate. Breaching an agreement by refusing to arbitrate is not constitutionally protected activity. And even if it were, the Jackson Estate has shown a probability of success on that claim, as the Court explained in detail in its tentative order (where it definitively rejected all of HBO’s arguments against arbitration). If the Jackson Estate’s claims to be arbitrated are as frivolous as HBO would have the Court believe, it should have no reason for concern."

In advance of a hearing on Sept. 19, days before the Emmy Awards, one last thing needs to be noted that is not in either of the briefs.

California's SLAPP law provides an automatic right to an immediate appeal. Meaning, no matter what Wu decides, there's a pretty good chance that the case goes up to the 9th Circuit and maybe eventually the Supreme Court before the two sides would actually settle in for the prospective "open" arbitration.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...-jackson-doc-wind-up-at-supreme-court-1235576

People maybe hating on Chris Brown but Michael supported him and he supports Michael. Chris got all dances moves from Michael and Michael was okay with that. i don't see him as the new king of pop because that name already been taken. the last time i heard a Chris song was i think it was last year or few years ago. he still makes music. chris has done some stupid stuff in his life but he suffer with i think bipolar and also on drugs. he really need to get off those drugs and work on his mental heath. i don't hate chris but he did do some stupid stuff in his past. i like some of his songs mostly his early songs.

Last edited:
Mike P.;4267699 said:

Chris Brown loves Michael and Michael loved him. He has ALWAYS defended Michael and shows his love in every way. That punk 50 cent spewed the negative filth, Chris didn&#8217;t. End of story.

Wade can't dance at all. he look like darn fool when he dance. he's basically embarrassing himself. Michael is somewhere facepalming.

Michael-michael-jackson-25212959-320-240.gif

somewhereinthedark;4267729 said:
Chris Brown loves Michael and Michael loved him. He has ALWAYS defended Michael and shows his love in every way. That punk 50 cent spewed the negative filth, Chris didn’t. End of story.

Exactly.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris knows what’s up! Much RESPECT to you. 50 you’re an embarrassment! Your post backfired BIG TIME Chris ain’t down with your BS! Oprah’s minion <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChrisRespectsTheKing?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChrisRespectsTheKing</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/50FocusOnYourCareerWhatsLeftOfIt?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#50FocusOnYourCareerWhatsLeftOfIt</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJacksonIsTheKing?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MichaelJacksonIsTheKing</a> <a href="https://t.co/gobOmkx5VC">pic.twitter.com/gobOmkx5VC</a></p>&mdash; NIC0LE (@Nickss87) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nickss87/status/1167941182799790085?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">31. August 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">. <a href="https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SnoopDogg</a> just posted this <a href="https://t.co/3TtwbIAM5B">https://t.co/3TtwbIAM5B</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HonorMJ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HonorMJ</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJInspires?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJInspires</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJInnocent?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJInnocent</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IDontBelieveTheseMFs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#IDontBelieveTheseMFs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KingOfPop?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KingOfPop</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJFam?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJFam</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJackson?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MichaelJackson</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BeatIt?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BeatIt</a><br><br>Cc <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@tajjackson3</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/common?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@common</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TeddyRiley1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TeddyRiley1</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/NeYoCompound?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NeYoCompound</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Akon?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@akon</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Zigmanfreud?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Zigmanfreud</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/ChingyFulldekk?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ChingyFulldekk</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/BJackson82?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BJackson82</a> <a href="https://t.co/aP4c1uup4f">pic.twitter.com/aP4c1uup4f</a></p>&mdash; Emeka Azuka Okoye (@EmekaOkoye) <a href="https://twitter.com/EmekaOkoye/status/1167792571470548992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">31. August 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">&#128591;&#127997; <a href="https://t.co/Kt2p2sc3cP">https://t.co/Kt2p2sc3cP</a></p>&mdash; Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3/status/1168038781695320064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">1. September 2019</a></blockquote>

Some fans really seem to be going against each other. Earlier this year some fans (stans) doctored some clips of Michael Trapson to make it look like he said MJ was a p. And now on Twitter one person says Trapson is getting woman and profiting of MJ while being a hater, apparently he "liked" the tweet by 50.

Personally I really doubt that.

???? Michael Trapson is a full supporter of Michael. people who doing this are not fans. and if there are fans they need to calm the heck down. i can't stand these type of fans. they the ones that make this community seem crazy. that why some fans left the community not because they don't like MJ but they don't like some of the fans. and i agree. don't like some fans either. some are very annoying.

Last edited:
Paris78;4267752 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris knows what’s up! Much RESPECT to you. 50 you’re an embarrassment! Your post backfired BIG TIME Chris ain’t down with your BS! Oprah’s minion <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChrisRespectsTheKing?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChrisRespectsTheKing</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/50FocusOnYourCareerWhatsLeftOfIt?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#50FocusOnYourCareerWhatsLeftOfIt</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJacksonIsTheKing?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MichaelJacksonIsTheKing</a> <a href="https://t.co/gobOmkx5VC">pic.twitter.com/gobOmkx5VC</a></p>&mdash; NIC0LE (@Nickss87) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nickss87/status/1167941182799790085?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">31. August 2019</a></blockquote>

I can't see his post, did he remove it?

People maybe hating on Chris Brown but Michael supported him and he supports Michael. Chris got all dances moves from Michael and Michael was okay with that. i don't see him as the new king of pop because that name already been taken. the last time i heard a Chris song was i think it was last year or few years ago. he still makes music. chris has done some stupid stuff in his life but he suffer with i think bipolar and also on drugs. he really need to get off those drugs and work on his mental heath. i don't hate chris but he did do some stupid stuff in his past. i like some of his songs mostly his early songs.
I agree. These artists are not responsible for fools who put them in these situations. I said the same about Beyonce and I said the same about Chris yesterday (and he did just what I thought he would do. respond to that low life 50 cent).

Back