Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Really? So they are jumping on board now too, showing it on their Amazon Prime service?

Someone please just tell me, how is this possible? The biggest star ever really and his estate who you'd think is very powerful can't do something about this? How's this gonna end? I did my best to remain positive and I'll continue to do so, fear mongering and panic doesn't get you anywhere but.... sigh.

I'll definitely do that. I also took a quick glance at the reviews. I saw things like "the accusers appear very credible and believeable".....right. Majority of reviews had a high star rating there, real sad.

Amazon tends to have fake/paid reviews on many of the items they sell. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those reviews are like that.

Also, you need an HBO subscription to watch it on Prime, so it's behind a hefty paywall.

So that was a pretty shitty interview. The interviewer clearly already believed them and kept talking about it as if it were face. Taj's segment was also pre recorded.

Deliberate media bias, once again... I wish they brought in Charles Thomson or that Danny Oliver guy from earlier.

Have any radio stations made any official announcements that they will/won't be dropping Michael music?

It seems Robson has changed his 'Family Fund' page to reflect the direction his future career appears to be going (now that he's 'relatable and relevant'):

Wade Robson Changes Donation Page After Backlash From Michael Jackson Supporters
Wade Robson has changed the name of a fund set up to collect donations in the wake of HBO airing “Leaving Neverland.”

The recently established fund, set up through Hawaii Community Foundation, was originally named “Robson Family Fund,” and “created a powerful way to contribute towards the healing from and prevention of child abuse.”

Donations started at $250, but the charity did not specifically say where the money would go. Robson and his wife, Amanda, began taking heat online from people suggesting they were trying to cash in on the controversy from “Leaving Neverland.”

Tuesday morning, the “Robson Family Fund” page was removed and replaced with the “Robson Child Abuse Healing and Prevention Fund.” Along with the new name, the page also touts a personal donation from Robson of $10,000.

The charity page also links out to Robson’s website, which now features lots of resources for sexual abuse survivors, including books, therapy information and tips on meditation.

As we reported, sources close to the estate and family of Michael Jackson believe Robson only participated in the HBO documentary to boost his own fame, and have pointed out inconsistencies over the years in his allegations of abuse regarding the late singer.

https://theblast.com/wade-robson-donation-page-switch-michael-jackson-leaving-neverland/

God I hope that Wade Robson Foundation ends up being outed as a scam.
That would be the icing on the karma cake.

Why do people care so much about radio bans? Who even listens to radios in 2019? Not many people. The main platforms are spotify, apple music, iTunes, youtube etc. If Michael's music starts getting banned on these platforms, then I would be worried. I'm not bothered about a couple of radios banning him.

God I hope that Wade Robson Foundation ends up being outed as a scam.
That would be the icing on the karma cake.

I have thought about this. What will it take for the public to see the truth and denounce Wade and safechuck? At this point i'm not sure what will. A documentary? An incriminating video/audio of them? A smoking gun? ..

[FONT=&quot]Michael Jackson will no longer be played on MediaWorks and NZME radio stations. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MediaWorks Group Content Director Leon Wratt told Magic Talk's Peter Williams this will primarily affect The Breeze and More FM, but also extends to the network's wider brands. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"We [MediaWorks] aren't deciding whether Michael Jackson is guilty of paedophilia, we're just making sure our radio stations are going to play the music people want to hear," he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He added that "the audience has always been pretty split over Michael [Jackson]," before stressing that audience trends guide the stations' playlists.

"You've got 500 songs on a playlist and you have to make the decisions which 500 are the ones people will want to listen to."

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A representative for NZME echoed Wratt's statement, saying "NZME station playlists change from week to week, and right now Michael Jackson does not feature on them."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NZME brands include ZM, The Hits, Flava, Coast, and Newstalk ZB, among others.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainme...w-zealand-radio-stations-drop-michael-jackson[/FONT]

At least they are presenting some of the other side of the story now..

Sadly the comments aren't favourable... Despite facts being presented they have been hypnotised by the "credible" testimonies of W&S.

I was watching the Oprah clip on that article. Safecheck looks extremely ill compared with his appearance in the mockumentary. I def think he's crippling under the pressure. Wade just looks so calculated. The more footage I see of him, both new and old (even as a child), he looks so cunning!

Those who believed the documentary, I think those ppl don't think with their brain at all. They don't give their words a doubt. I think somebody should make a documentary not just with close ppl to Michael saying "I haven't seen", "there are no evidence" but it needs to be investigated just as The Michael Jackson Innocent Project on YouTube did (been watching them yesterday). Pointing out evidence of their own words being lies. Their stories not getting together. And it needs to be shown on TV cause I don't believe that those brainwashed ppl with their busy lives will spend time to go to You Tube for that. Ppl will not investigate on their own, they needs to be feed up with the truth from the spoon just like babies.

Some things that was posted here is amazing. My fav from today was https://twitter.com/SlaveToTheRhyt6/status/1102714290010816517

I think people here are worried about other people's reactions to these alleged radio bans. If the bans are true, then people could say ''If he was innocent then they wouldn't stop playing his music''

And I have a question. Can't Estate sue them for defamation? Or... I don't know... family for emotional pain it causes? I have heard ppl were suing cause of that before.

My job is located inside of a building that is predominantly a fitness center and constantly has music playing, and this morning when I went into work I could hear Man In The Mirror playing over the speakers.

Kirsty Walk acted like this has already been decided as proven fact.

Also in the intro she said during his life nothing was ever proven, but there was a payoff. she should have mentioned the trial there. Which was nothing to do with any 'payoff'. In the newsnight film after the intro it did mention being found Not guilty though.

Kirsty said to Taj at one point something like "So their mums, sister, grandparents, allllll these family are making it up?" She acted like their families had actually witnessed and known it.

So anyway, wade/james says mj told them not to tell anyone or else they'd get in trouble and both go to jail, yet they claim it never occurred to them it was anything wrong, wouldn't that give alarm bells?? even aged 26 at the trial (yesterday I thought he was in early 20s during trial, articles posted here say he was 26 in 2005), and until 2013 aged 33/34?

Adrian Mc Manus is on tour again:

Sadly the video has a close comment section.

I don't know is this the woman who the prosecution of the trial did not call because they did not find her credible? For one, selling stories everywhere?

Michael Jackson will no longer be played on MediaWorks and NZME radio stations.
MediaWorks Group Content Director Leon Wratt told Magic Talk's Peter Williams this will primarily affect The Breeze and More FM, but also extends to the network's wider brands.
"We [MediaWorks] aren't deciding whether Michael Jackson is guilty of paedophilia, we're just making sure our radio stations are going to play the music people want to hear," he said.
He added that "the audience has always been pretty split over Michael [Jackson]," before stressing that audience trends guide the stations' playlists.

"You've got 500 songs on a playlist and you have to make the decisions which 500 are the ones people will want to listen to."

A representative for NZME echoed Wratt's statement, saying "NZME station playlists change from week to week, and right now Michael Jackson does not feature on them."
NZME brands include ZM, The Hits, Flava, Coast, and Newstalk ZB, among others.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainme...w-zealand-radio-stations-drop-michael-jackson

This trend is making me sad. Although I do question whether this is classic scare mongering. It's sending the message that it's wrong to listen to MJ, implying guilt, before people have even had an opportunity to make up their mind without influence and pressure.

I was only 15 when the 05 allegations broke was there a similar reaction with radio stations then? I can't recall. I remember being in the thick of on the forums but don't necessarily recall radio banning his music..

Lol.... maybe the 10 000, dollars are part of the money he got from Dan Reed.
I mean we know he has over 70 000 dollar debits towards the estate.
How should he be able to spend 10 000 Dollar to his victimfund without help from Dan?
When it was possible to see the 10 000 donation is the fund now transparent?

Its good to point out in a rebuttle video how Wades webside changed one day after LN aired.

I think people here are worried about other people's reactions to these alleged radio bans. If the bans are true, then people could say ''If he was innocent then they wouldn't stop playing his music''
But then the people must be told on what grounds the radio bans his music which is of course this freaking documentary and if reviewers are saying it is one-sided and easy to get manipulated into then it is so easy for the radios to do like this when there is no defense to it, Michael is obviously not here to do so. They are only hearing the accusers side so it is simple for radios to sympathize with them. If they had look into the court documents and looked to the dismissed lawsuits too then the radios wouldn't do like this. But they are blind and ignorant.

I think I am done with visiting Hotnewhiphop too. These ****ing idiots spent quite some time creating this whole piece, all the key take aways from Leaving Neverland. And the comment secrion, apart from some support is hell.

Last edited:
Seriously, I don’t know how or if this whole thing can be turned around. I don’t want to think this is the end for Michael. But fans are constantly having to deal with negativity and attacks. It’s not fair.

I just saw Razorfist's tweet about Safechuck's mom and his comment made me laugh. But at the same time it's insanely PATHETIC how far this mockumentary has come when it contains ridiculous shit like that, shit that would get debunked instantly in a court of law.

"I danced when Michael died" Safe****'s mom says in the mockumentary. Michael died in 2009. Safe****'s memory came back in 2013.

Razorfist jokes that she must have been a time traveler.

This frustrates me to no end. This is so easy to debunk.

Kingofpop4ever3000;4245966 said:
Seriously, I don’t know how or if this whole thing can be turned around. I don’t want to think this is the end for Michael. But fans are constantly having to deal with negativity and attacks. It’s not fair.

It will all blow over before you know it. Keep the faith.

It will all blow over before you know it. Keep the faith.

Personally, I am as unrelenting and resolute as possible but ya know it's so hard. This ain't my first rodeo, me and 3 other kids were the only MJ fans in my school growing up in the 90's.. We had to endure 93 and 05 and now this. How long will this go on? It's just so unfair. I'm going to sleep, i'll be right back on the horse tomorrow, good night MJ fam! The truth will prevail, we are strong!

Kingofpop4ever3000;4245966 said:

Try and take a breather for a minute or maybe step away from MJ fandom for a bit.

Yes, the documentary is terrible and damaging but let's not write Michael and his legacy off completely yet.

The special had low ratings on HBO and the Oprah special that followed did even worse so that's a goodthing.

Though you have a sizable amount of people who believe he was guilty and definitely think he was more than ever after watching this documentary, he still has a lot of defenders as well.

What we need ultimately is a very well made, professional rebuttal documentary and have it air on "Netflix". That will help to turn this around somewhat at least.

Time to start fighting back against these allegations on another level. Not just interviews. Not just releasing statements to the press or on social media. We need something much bigger.

I hope the estate is working on something.

love and support to Taj, he's been doing a lot and has a new baby at home

Have you seen the latest?

Daily mail have leaked Gavin Arvizos video complaint against Michael.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...on-criminal-sexual-assault-speaks-police.html

I can't take anymore...

For your own sake, stay away from sites like the Daily Mail. It won't do you any good.
They're just a clickbait site at this point. Not worthy of anyone's time.

I would implore everyone not to go seeking out negative stories, you'll only upset yourselves and give them the hits they want to keep producing this stuff. The best thing you can do right now is ignore it and stay positive.

Back