Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Smh these stupid assholes
813739e53a9029a65ffbd7b655582d1b.jpg

Looks like Rose McGowan has jumped on the MJ is guilty bandwagon. Telling us to accept our hero was a bad man.

Hollywood people are such a bunch of flakes.

Well, I think Rose McGowan's credibility is shot as well, of course. The government and Hollywood are something else. Glad more people are seeing through those lens

MJRemixed;4245833 said:
UK FANS: do not watch the documentary on channel 4 tomorrow. Don’t add to the viewing figures which is what they want.

Also please keep streaming Money on YouTube via mjs official channel ONLY, and via Spotify and iTunes. We need this track in the top 20 at least. I’ve had it repeated a lot of times today. THIS is THE track that explains this whole mess.

Unless you have a box on your t.v that counts what you watch ,watching it will not give them ratings.

927,000 viewers for the second episode, way down from the already pathetic numbers of the first episode. Laughing so hard right now.

Michael Jackson's legacy clouded by dark documentary

By Associated Press

Published: 18:14 GMT, 5 March 2019

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Can the memory of Michael Jackson survive "Leaving Neverland"?

Did this fan really say that? You gotta wonder if he has done any of the very necessary research before you can even come to that conclusion.

UK TV viewers:

NEW INTERVIEW COMING UP

Taj and Dan Reed, on Newsnight, BBC 2 at 10.30 pm tonight, Tues 5th March

(Item is not the first in the programme- could start any time up to 11.00 pm.)

Last edited:
UK TV viewers:

NEW INTERVIEW COMING UP

Taj and Dan Reed, on Newsnight, BBC 2 at 10.30 pm tonight, Tues 5th March

I hope Taj will stay cool if they will be interviewed at same place

Just saw the advert for this. Turned it over asap. Wondered who was on. Both together. Jeez poor taj. This is live aswell i believe

Just saw the advert for this. Turned it over asap. Wondered who was on. Both together. Jeez poor taj. This is live aswell i believe
Charles Thomson whould have been a really good person to go with him. He is so calm and very well spoken.

There's a documentary on Channel 5 tonight (UK). The title looks very impartial. Update: on at 23:15

There's a documentary on Channel 5 tonight (UK). The title looks very impartial. Update: on at 23:15

I just saw. The description looks even more questionable.. It implies that the "very best defense lawyers in the business" secured his innocence. I wonder how much of the content will contain court transcripts etc..

Will this bandwaggoning ever stop?

Hello everybody..

I have been putting this response up on various Facebook pages regarding this documentary. It has numerous amounts of likes and has even turned some people around in their opinion of MJ.

I hope Damien Sheilds doesn’t mind that I have used a couple of paragraphs of his article (although slightly edited) found here: http://www.damienshields.com/what-the-media-refuses-to-tell-you/

Please feel free to post this on your social media pages.

The post:

The FBI secretly investigate Michael Jackson for four years - tracking his where abouts, his computers, phone calls, etc and release a 300 plus page file completely vindicating him, stating there was absolutely nothing to even remotely suggest he was an abuser, and the general public (and media) completely ignores it. Yet two admitted liars and perjurers (one of which who even refers to himself as a ‘master of deception’) can come out with a completely one sided, sensationalist story (yes story not documentary) which contains literally no evidence whatsoever (and is full of inconsistencies) and a large majority of the public doesn’t even question it.

The jurors who found Michael Jackson not guilty in his 2005 trial agree with the FBI. Juror Paulina Coccoz said: ‘It was pretty obvious there was no molestation done...it was pretty obvious that there were ulterior motives on behalf of the family. And the mother, she orchestrated the whole thing..there wasn’t a shred of evidence’.

Just because a story is graphic and disturbing doesn’t make it factual. Before you judge anything do your research. Facts don’t lie, people do.

The bottom line is..

If you want to view Michael Jackson as a pedophile, you will. It’s easy to do. He admitted to allowing children to sleep in his bedroom (which itself is the same size as a small two story house) and has been accused of child molestation more then once. He’s not the guy next door, was undeniably eccentric, and most certainly didn’t live a conventional life.

But to anyone who has bothered to look into the allegations against him - and I mean really look into them - there is more than enough evidence to demonstrate that he was a victim of extortion and of copycat false claims for the past twenty five years. Yet despite the Los Angeles Police Department stating that Jackson should be presumed to be innocent, despite a jury finding him not guilty on every single charge against him, despite the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services twice investigating and clearing him of wrongdoing, despite the FBI conducting a very thorough investigation in which no evidence of wrongdoing was found, and despite the cash grab lawsuits of his posthumous accusers being tossed out of court, the court of public opinion may sadly be what defines this saga and a large part of his legacy.

Is it actually gonna be Taj and Dan at the same time? Let's hope it will be at least a fair interview. Hopefully Taj can come out swinging but I don't really know about that. He does his best though.

Is it actually gonna be Taj and Dan at the same time? Let's hope it will be at least a fair interview. Hopefully Taj can come out swinging but I don't really know about that. He does his best though.

I'm tuning in.. The summary clip appeared to indicate that this is a face to face.. Reed was looking his usual smug self!

Looks like it. We have to wait for one or more political items first. Could be maybe 20+ minutes away. Taj seemed to be looking calm....

I hope Taj is ready to present facts to Reed if they converse. I'd love to see what he has to say when this happens. Maybe he'll say Taj is getting too "technical".

nextbigthing56;4245859 said:
The FBI secretly investigate Michael Jackson for four years - tracking his where abouts, his computers, phone calls, etc and release a 300 plus page file completely vindicating him, stating there was absolutely nothing to even remotely suggest he was an abuser, and the general public (and media) completely ignores it. Yet two admitted liars and perjurers (one of which who even refers to himself as a ‘master of deception’) can come out with a completely one sided, sensationalist story (yes story not documentary) which contains literally no evidence whatsoever (and is full of inconsistencies) and a large majority of the public doesn’t even question it.

The jurors who found Michael Jackson not guilty in his 2005 trial agree with the FBI. Juror Paulina Coccoz said: ‘It was pretty obvious there was no molestation done...it was pretty obvious that there were ulterior motives on behalf of the family. And the mother, she orchestrated the whole thing..there wasn’t a shred of evidence’.

Just because a story is graphic and disturbing doesn’t make it factual. Before you judge anything do your research. Facts don’t lie, people do.

The bottom line is..

If you want to view Michael Jackson as a pedophile, you will. It’s easy to do. He admitted to allowing children to sleep in his bedroom (which itself is the same size as a small two story house) and has been accused of child molestation more then once. He’s not the guy next door, was undeniably eccentric, and most certainly didn’t live a conventional life.

But to anyone who has bothered to look into the allegations against him - and I mean really look into them - there is more than enough evidence to demonstrate that he was a victim of extortion and of copycat false claims for the past twenty five years. Yet despite the Los Angeles Police Department stating that Jackson should be presumed to be innocent, despite a jury finding him not guilty on every single charge against him, despite the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services twice investigating and clearing him of wrongdoing, despite the FBI conducting a very thorough investigation in which no evidence of wrongdoing was found, and despite the cash grab lawsuits of his posthumous accusers being tossed out of court, the court of public opinion may sadly be what defines this saga and a large part of his legacy.

Great comment I will use it. Thank you!

“Leaving Neverland” Second Night was a BUST With Fewer than 1 Million Viewers, Oprah Part Scored Just 780K

Yikes! The second night of “Leaving Neverland” was worse than the first.

Only 927.000 people watched. The audience didn’t break 1 million. Oprah’s “After Neverland” did worse–780,000.

Viewers rejected the stories of Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck. I’m amazed. I really thought this would be a blockbuster.

But the overall negativity and pointlessness of the documentary left audiences cold.

This is very important: no victim of sexual abuse should ever be disbelieved, or ignored. Everyone should share their stories, and there is no shame.

But “Leaving Neverland” broke several conventions of documentary. It functioned not as journalism but as a personal grudge. I expected lie detector tests to show the veracity of the claims. But there were none.

There was also no context provided. No medical or psychological expert to explain how Jackson could have been one way with so many other children, and this way with Safechuck and Robson.

Also, you can never underestimate the power of the Michael Jackson fans. They’ve organized before to fend off Jackson accusers. I’ve seen some pretty ill informed criticism of them by people who were in foreign territory.

Michael Jackson was no angel. I watched him do a lot of crazy and mean things over the years. He was terrible to his employees at Neverland and Hayvenhurst. He wasn’t so nice to the fans when his trial was over. They thought they’d be going to a picnic at Neverland. Michael just shut the gates and left.

There’s more to say, but for right now, it’s instructive to see how ratings bottomed out.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/...-was-a-bust-with-fewer-than-1-million-viewers

(???? at the remarks about the employees and the 'expected' picnic. I'd have thought everyone would realise that MJ would be 'all in' after the trial finished, and I did read that fans were invited near / before the beginning of the trial).

What Brian Oxman said gave me chills and a lot of sadness, lately I’ve worked day and night because I had many deadlines so I didn’t have much time but I kept an eye on news and a lot of them were predictable, nothing new under the sun, the old same shxxx, I still strongly believe that the truth will prevail and Michael’s legacy will be intact, no doubt about this, but I can’t watch the documentary, the trailer, the interviews or hear the disgusting details, I don’t know why but I just can’t, I can’t breathe when I see those faces, I wish I could rebut better but at the moment I can’t handle, it’s strange I don’t usually stick my head in the sand but I don’t want hear a single word from them. It’s hurt very much, very very much.

Golden opportunity for Taj to make an impact. Let's hope he keeps his cool. It would be even better if Reed says something really stupid

myosotis;4245880 said:
“Leaving Neverland” Second Night was a BUST With Fewer than 1 Million Viewers, Oprah Part Scored Just 780K

Yikes! The second night of “Leaving Neverland” was worse than the first.

Only 927.000 people watched. The audience didn’t break 1 million. Oprah’s “After Neverland” did worse–780,000.

Viewers rejected the stories of Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck. I’m amazed. I really thought this would be a blockbuster.

But the overall negativity and pointlessness of the documentary left audiences cold.

This is very important: no victim of sexual abuse should ever be disbelieved, or ignored. Everyone should share their stories, and there is no shame.

But “Leaving Neverland” broke several conventions of documentary. It functioned not as journalism but as a personal grudge. I expected lie detector tests to show the veracity of the claims. But there were none.

There was also no context provided. No medical or psychological expert to explain how Jackson could have been one way with so many other children, and this way with Safechuck and Robson.

Also, you can never underestimate the power of the Michael Jackson fans. They’ve organized before to fend off Jackson accusers. I’ve seen some pretty ill informed criticism of them by people who were in foreign territory.

Michael Jackson was no angel. I watched him do a lot of crazy and mean things over the years. He was terrible to his employees at Neverland and Hayvenhurst. He wasn’t so nice to the fans when his trial was over. They thought they’d be going to a picnic at Neverland. Michael just shut the gates and left.

There’s more to say, but for right now, it’s instructive to see how ratings bottomed out.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/...-was-a-bust-with-fewer-than-1-million-viewers

(???? at the remarks about the employees and the 'expected' picnic. I'd have thought everyone would realise that MJ would be 'all in' after the trial finished, and I did read that fans were invited near / before the beginning of the trial).
And oprah is still catching it very bad even today.

Everything Reed says is really stupid!

I wonder how this all works. They will probably meet backstage too, do they shake hands? Is there a security man just in case it turn into a fight?
Fascinating stuff!

I'm amazed Taj agreed to appear on BBC Television considering they commissioned there own documentary against MJ.

myosotis;4245880 said:
“(???? at the remarks about the employees and the 'expected' picnic. I'd have thought everyone would realise that MJ would be 'all in' after the trial finished, and I did read that fans were invited near / before the beginning of the trial).

In all honesty i almost fell out of my chair reading that. Even if what he says is true, the guy had been through a 5 month criminal trial where he had been humiliated. They straight up vandalized Neverland, he was dehydrated, pardon my french, almost looking like a ghost. the whole trial almost killed him but he persevered. Even after being acquitted the tabloid still ran news about him not being innocent. Did people really think he was going to open neverland's gates and have a picnic? I don't think any fan can fault MJ for leaving.

Who actually claims in that article he was terrible to his employees and to his fans after the trial? Truly the first time I read such a thing. I've a real hard time believing that.

Back