Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

True. me, myself and three other kids (not really kids then) were the only MJ fans in my school back then and holy hell. It was a living nightmare. Thinking back, the fortitude that we had was unheard of coming from young kids back then. Even our families were targeted, we were ostraziced, they even made fun of our appearance. Everything was fair play. The principal had to tell some of the kids to leave us alone. That's how bad it was.

For me it was after the Chandler allegations and it was when Michael was on his HIStory tour and there were still kids who would mess around with me. I wore a dope MJ shirt with pride and one kid told me I should start accusing him of what Chandler did and get loads of money.

And that was a kid.

CrazyVegasMJ;4246368 said:
When did James state that MJ never talked to him again after he hit puberty? Did he say that in the doc? I might’ve missed it

I don't know. I haven't watched it all, just clips, but there's a part where he says he became a teen and said he wasn't really seeing him anymore and was being pushed out for other kids and it made him upset and cry and cry for his mum and he just wanted to leave. It's around the time in the film where he makes the allegation about the finger in his ---

Thanks to sites like Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, the media no longer has full control of the narrative. Oprah Winfrey and the like can try to spread all the FUD they want, but the public now has the tools to call them out on it with actual receipts.
That is just like Rosie Odonnell who never liked MJ due to her thinking the MJ/Madonna issue back in late 80's. She clicked that she believe them and yes I twitted her and told her about HER DAUGTHER wo accused her of physical abused. Now, if u are so quick to want to believe when someone makes and accusation then that means we all need to believe YOUR DAUGTHER that YOU(Rosie) are an abuser even though YOU (Rosie)denied it. We have to call these people out. They are full of it.

If you’re having doubts or feeling defeated then it’s best to take a break for a while and come back with fresh eyes. In fact it would be good for a lot of us. This has been a stressful time but don’t over do it. Mental health is important.

Most people I've spoken to or interacted with in the last several days had not even heard about this "documentary". A friend of mine had just sent me some videos of the R. Kelly interview and when I mentioned LN she said she hadn't even heard of it and doesn't believe any of the crap that's said about MJ anyway.

Just saw another article that apparently radio stations worldwide are pulling his music. Isn't this hyperbole? Weren't it just a few stations right now?

And it's impossible for anyone to know, but still, what are the dangers of this spreading to streaming services too? I would imagine very slim, because R Kelly, where there's actual evidence against, his music is fully available on Spotify.
Some might it and let this blow over then they will put it back. His music is going nowhere here and it played all day and this Wednesday after it aired Sunday and Monday. Life going on.

I just saw the interview of piers morgan a dan reed and I think it is the first time that a journalist questions the accusations to dan reed. the first time I see this, normally all journalists are accusers do not stay impartial but Piers morgan has been different, he stayed impartial I liked his interview

Last edited:
It's easy to forget our social media is tailored to show us stuff relating to us. My Twitter is packed full of stuff about it but that's not a true depiction of what its really like, but it can certainly feel like its everywhere.

I cant imagine I'll even really use Twitter again after this is over ?

I'm proud to be a fan and I can see we are all united despite the negativity out there. It will soon die down. This is not bigger than 1993 it seems bigger due to the internet and the social media don't get carried away. Those of you that have experienced 1993 know what I'm talking about. In the current situation we are not talking about a trial not even a criminal charge or an investigation. It's just a despicable false documentary that just sells it's hatred and prejudice against Michael!

This is from Suleman Mirza... one half if the duo #Signiture from #BritainsGotTalent

5 ??????? ???? 1:44 ?.?.
So now iv seen both parts of #leavingneverland in its entirety (its been leaked on the internet) and skimmed through it again taking notes literally with a pen and pad. I really did not want to give it any time of day but i knew as a MJ FAN it is my duty to see this piece as many ppl (inc media) have asked me to comment on it publicly.
There is so much to say on about the doc that i can't detailed it all in this post so i may just do a response video which i will upload later this week.
Nevertheless less i want to make sure you understand THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN EXERCISE IN FILM MANIPULATION with amazing editing and music to evoke sympathy for the alleged victims. In some parts i actually felt quite patronised by the blatant "school 101 film class of editing"....
Also the hype around this doc would make you think that there is a BOMBSHELL piece of evidence like a "gotcha" moment on MJ where the allegations are corroborated ... but it's only two adults talking about what ALLEGEDLY HAPPENED TO THEM in graphic detail. ....WHY SHOULD I JUST TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT at face value!!!....???
Quick example is where the alleged victim say "we were replaced by the new kids"...- these new kids were BRETT BARNES AND MCCUALLAY CULKIN BOTH WHO CATEGORICALLY STATE MJ NEVER ABUSED THEM ....so did MJ replace the allege victims with CELIBACY..!!!.....
What makes the doc uncomfortable is the graphic description the director asked the alleged victims to explain. Thats called SHOCK VALUE and SHOCK VALUE gives ratings, gives newspaper columns and ultimately give you MONEY....and fame!!!!!!!!!!!.....something WADE has been after all his life....
What makes the doc believable is the raw emotional feelings of the families at the end of part two but that doesn't mean the allegations are true that basically means that the family believe the allegations are true which is fair enough. I totally accept that they believe it to be true ...why would they questions their sons.....
......but I WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!........there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that anything actually happened just "STORIES" told by the alleged victims in the background of not so bright lighting (again to evoke sympathitic tones) and dramatic music with emphasis on dramatic pauses... emphasising the gulps between breaths ....LIKE I SAID GREAT MANIPULATIVE FILM-MAKING or some would say amazing film making as it does convey the biased message of what the director was aiming at ...
Either way please watch out for my vid response soon...so much i want to say ...so please be patient ...
PS: If you are planning on watching it at anytime ..."BEWARE OF THE MANIPULATION TACTICS....AND CONSTANTLY ASK YOURSELF WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE??"....
#MICHAELJACKSON #LEAVINGNEVERLAND #DOCUMENTARY

Thank you!

I have a question, sorry if it’s been discussed already!

How come they’ve been able to use clips/sound clips of Thriller and concert footage? Surely the estate are in control of that?

MJJ2theMAX;4246150 said:
Anyone seen that that funny mj statue has been taken down outside the football stadium

Haven’t linked article as don’t want to give ppl hits

Yeah, and you know what happened, when they took it down... the club lost all of their matches for nearly two years.....!!!!! haha

What makes the doc believable is the raw emotional feelings of the families at the end of part two but that doesn't mean the allegations are true that basically means that the family believe the allegations are true which is fair enough. I totally accept that they believe it to be true ...why would they questions their sons.....

There is a big pay day for them to help them lie. Taj said he just saw Wade sister and she dropped her head and turned. that sounds like someone who knows her brother I lying and she can not face the family (jacksons) in what her brother is doing but they are going along to get piece of the pie.

Speed_Demon87;4246429 said:
I watched the first part of the documentary on channel 4 and actually really enjoyed seeing the rare footage of Michael and candid pictures.

With that being said, I really struggled through the graphic parts. I knew what to expect but it had made me feeling a bit sick. It is absolutely disgusting and horrific that these allegedly happened.

I still think it is extremely inappropriate the way Michael behaved around children and the staying in his bedroom part is always gonna raise concerns.

It also makes me feel uncomfortable looking back on footage with Michael holding all these boys hands, Wade, James, Brett , Jordy etc.

I’d like to think Michael was innocent but it without a doubt does make you really question certain aspects of his life.

Yes, I guess in 10 years it will feel inappropriate for adults to even talk to or look at children...

I've asked this before but tomorrow I'm planning on reading the docs of the lawsuit The estate sent to HBO. I recall that it contains a lot of info and I've yet to read it. Where can I get it?

In the MJ Legal cases resources thread in Trials and Tribs (Section A. fans / Estate)

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-discussion)-Chandler-Arvizo-Robson-Safechuck

Paper here:

https://leavingneverlandfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Petition-to-Compel-Arbitration.pdf

I watched the first part of the documentary on channel 4 and actually really enjoyed seeing the rare footage of Michael and candid pictures.

With that being said, I really struggled through the graphic parts. I knew what to expect but it had made me feeling a bit sick. It is absolutely disgusting and horrific that these allegedly happened.

I still think it is extremely inappropriate the way Michael behaved around children and the staying in his bedroom part is always gonna raise concerns.

It also makes me feel uncomfortable looking back on footage with Michael holding all these boys hands, Wade, James, Brett , Jordy etc.

I’d like to think Michael was innocent but it without a doubt does make you really question certain aspects of his life.
That is called "shock value". Holding children hands was something MJ did. Look at his BAD tour when the kids came on stage. Look at his Dangerous tour during "heal the world". Look at his NAACP when raven and the actor gave him the award, he grab their hand and walk.

One of the (good) NL housekeepers responded to E! online on twitter about Safechuck's mom dancing when MJ died:
(Apologies, I've now seen this tweet posted about 7 or 8 pages back).

I worked in the house at Neverland when the Safechucks were there, in the early 90’s. They had no problem taking advantage of Mr.Jackson’s generosity back then. Michael was never on property when they came. He chose not to be.

Last edited:
To those who are in doubt. Come one, it is Michael we are talking about. Our Michael. You were there during the trial, you know how it all went. All those years of investigation and there is no evidence. Don't you think they would find anything? If not about Chandler or Arvizos then of some other kids? And then these two is coming out suddenly after Robson had a nervous breakdown and can't get a job? And you believe them without any evidence they have? Please, do some research if you are in doubt. It is not a documentary. It is a well staged actor film with the script, all kind of footage that doesn't proof anything with a right kind of music to make it emotional. They are playing on ppl's emotions, nothing all. If it is described with more details, it doesn't mean it is true.
And don't get me even start on mothers of both men. I became a mother 1 year and 9 months ago. If I knew that my boy was raped I couldn't just keep shut and pretend like nothing happened and it doesn't matter if the kid at the time thought it was normal or enjoyed it which I really, really doubt, the grown up man should be responsible for that and hell I would seek some justice together with Arvizos back in '00s. Some of you, doubters, mentioned to be parent as well. Ask yourself, if you really wouldn't do anything about that. Would you really go "oh well, shit happens, move on".

My life suddenly seems to be stopping. I have watched dozens of videos, I've been reading almost all this thread in here, I still have 8 more videos in tabs opened to watch. And I am not doing it cause I have doubt. I don't, never did and I know I never will unless there is a real evidence. And I am doing this to be informed in case somebody asks me, as a fan, as a defended, I should know how to respond. And there are so much information in those videos that fans did researched on their own. It is so easy to just watch them if you are in doubt. You shouldn't seek on your own, just watch. Ppl in this thread are posting so much information as well.
Here is a good start https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdjrgM7_PmskB0SETMqlojw
Ppl also posting on FB that this is also a good video that opens the eyes for not believers. I haven't watched it yet though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgS...DlZKeWQSEn1GI0yp92OOM5_VXsSQdK79FQZCBUSplrp8I

But don't tell you are in doubt just after watching the documentary without watching the other side first. It is not fair to Michael if you have loved him.

Why I am really in pain is about Michael, what it does to his name, to his children. That is not fair. I know this is so very wrong to say but right at the moment I am glad he is not with us. It would break his heart into more peaces. These are the children he once trusted, loved and cared about, talked about how pure and innocent they are. The innocent children who grew up and now turns against you by backstabbing straight into the heart. So it turns now he couldn't even trust children cause all of them is growing up some day. That is so sad.

I am sitting at home with my boy and there is always MJ playing in the background. I am showing him his videos too and he is watching them with more attention that cartoons. And I am looking at him, looking at Michael and I feel more love towards Michael through my kid. It is hard to explain. Michael were to good for this world.

Sorry for the long post.

Gloria Alred on TMZ "This is a significant stain on his legacy". "I love his music too, but if he is a predator there has to be consequences". "His conduct fits the profile of a sexual predator"....
smfh. Yeah, he was so guilty in '93 that you left the prosecution almost immediately after you said how Jordan and Evan would be willing to testify in court under oath. (Obviously that wasnt part of Evans plan for extortion)
Well she dropped from the case two days after giving a speech. Even Bill Oreilly asked her about it and even he told her "that is not like you to do".

I also don't think it is wrong holding children hands. There are so many ppl walking with holding kids on the streets. It can be parents, nannys, family friends. We don't know but were sure don't this it is wrong. Then why it should be wrong when Michael does it?
About sleeping in bed. If it wasn't Michael we may have think it is wrong.... But... if we wouldn't read it in a paper but we would know this person (I mean, in real life) and he would be so loving and he would be a family member? I don't think it is wrong. I myself would want to be in this watch cartoons and eat candy party. I love both of them. PJs party, yay.

Haven’t read it all but are people here doubting MJ? Over THIS?!?

To those who are in doubt. Come one, it is Michael we are talking about. Our Michael. You were there during the trial, you know how it all went. All those years of investigation and there is no evidence. Don't you think they would find anything? If not about Chandler or Arvizos then of some other kids? And then these two is coming out suddenly after Robson had a nervous breakdown and can't get a job? And you believe them without any evidence they have? Please, do some research if you are in doubt. It is not a documentary. It is a well staged actor film with the script, all kind of footage that doesn't proof anything with a right kind of music to make it emotional. They are playing on ppl's emotions, nothing all. If it is described with more details, it doesn't mean it is true.
And don't get me even start on mothers of both men. I became a mother 1 year and 9 months ago. If I knew that my boy was raped I couldn't just keep shut and pretend like nothing happened and it doesn't matter if the kid at the time thought it was normal or enjoyed it which I really, really doubt, the grown up man should be responsible for that and hell I would seek some justice together with Arvizos back in '00s. Some of you, doubters, mentioned to be parent as well. Ask yourself, if you really wouldn't do anything about that. Would you really go "oh well, shit happens, move on".

My life suddenly seems to be stopping. I have watched dozens of videos, I've been reading almost all this thread in here, I still have 8 more videos in tabs opened to watch. And I am not doing it cause I have doubt. I don't, never did and I know I never will unless there is a real evidence. And I am doing this to be informed in case somebody asks me, as a fan, as a defended, I should know how to respond. And there are so much information in those videos that fans did researched on their own. It is so easy to just watch them if you are in doubt. You shouldn't seek on your own, just watch. Ppl in this thread are posting so much information as well.
Here is a good start https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdjrgM7_PmskB0SETMqlojw
Ppl also posting on FB that this is also a good video that opens the eyes for not believers. I haven't watched it yet though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgS...DlZKeWQSEn1GI0yp92OOM5_VXsSQdK79FQZCBUSplrp8I

But don't tell you are in doubt just after watching the documentary without watching the other side first. It is not fair to Michael if you have loved him.

Why I am really in pain is about Michael, what it does to his name, to his children. That is not fair. I know this is so very wrong to say but right at the moment I am glad he is not with us. It would break his heart into more peaces. These are the children he once trusted, loved and cared about, talked about how pure and innocent they are. The innocent children who grew up and now turns against you by backstabbing straight into the heart. So it turns now he couldn't even trust children cause all of them is growing up some day. That is so sad.

I am sitting at home with my boy and there is always MJ playing in the background. I am showing him his videos too and he is watching them with more attention that cartoons. And I am looking at him, looking at Michael and I feel more love towards Michael through my kid. It is hard to explain. Michael were to good for this world.

Sorry for the long post.

Well said.

Totally agree 100%

Back