Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

ScreenOrigami;4289105 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More karma involving Kew Media, which distributed the "Emmy winning" Leaving Neverland. They owe the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, which hands out the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Emmys?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Emmys</a>, 246,124 pounds. <a href="https://t.co/1mOAfhyy17">pic.twitter.com/1mOAfhyy17</a></p>— Leaving Neverland Facts (@NeverlandFacts) <a href="https://twitter.com/NeverlandFacts/status/1258078812622839814?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's not surprising but very embarrassing for both sides.

ozemouze;4289111 said:
That's not surprising but very embarrassing for both sides.

From how I understand it, it&#8217;s officially a sponsorship, and as such a common practice. But of course you can&#8217;t let one of the more generous sponsors leave without a small reward, so I guess that&#8217;s how that Emmy came about. Either way, interesting to see the actual price tag. ;)

Paris78;4289110 said:
Just so we're clear here, Dan Reed, at this point, has LOST the rights to his own movie, Leaving Neverland. It's possible he could win them back, but it will take years of legal wrangling I believe. Talk about karma. #MJ2020 https://t.co/XGGsPKrB46
&#8212; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) May 6, 2020
<script src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8" async=""></script>
Dirty money NEVER prosper. Funny MJ is making money while the schemers are losing money and everything else.

I have a good mind to go on his twitter and tell him you ploted against MJ with lies/liars and now look, it came back on you with that lying film and fake awards. NOw you exposed the Emmys and others to be trash. Anyone who touches that lying LN will be destine to DOOM and FAIL/FALL.

I have a good mind to go on his twitter and tell him you ploted against MJ with lies/liars and now look, it came back on you with that lying film and fake awards. NOw you exposed the Emmys and others to be trash. Anyone who touches that lying LN will be destine to DOOM and FAIL/FALL.

He will probably block you. He blocked me after i tweeted him saying I am a CSA surviror and he should be ashamed of himself for emotionally manipulating people

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Well there you have it. The Estate will not buy Kew Media&#39;s content. Thanks to <a href="https://twitter.com/ElkeHassell?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ElkeHassell</a> for taking the time to ask Alicia. <a href="https://t.co/Mi1Mmw69dd">https://t.co/Mi1Mmw69dd</a></p>&mdash; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1258133040997359616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not gonna lie, I was wondering if they would buy up the rights so that no one else could see it. But then again, that may look fishy to some, so I can't fault them for passing up on it.

Well that's good news. i heard that their emmy can be taken back so it's looking like it's already working out in some way. look like #MJ2020 working fine.

Is there no end to this stupidity? Can we call this the 'peabrain award'??

Peabody Awards: 'American Factory,' 'Dickinson,' 'Watchmen' Among Nominees

Other noteworthy projects earning nods include 'Apollo 11,' 'Leaving Neverland,' 'Surviving R. Kelly,' 'Fleabag,' 'Ramy,' 'Succession,' 'Stranger Things,' 'Unbelievable' and 'When They See Us.'

The Peabody Awards board of jurors on Wednesday revealed its 60 nominees for the most compelling and empowering stories released in 2019 across TV, radio and digital media.

Thirty winners will be selected from the below nominees in the categories of children's and youth, documentaries, entertainment, news, radio/podcast and public service programming.

Notable documentary nominees include the Barack and Michelle Obama-backed, best documentary Oscar winner American Factory from Netflix and Participant Media; documentary Oscar hopefuls Apollo 11 from CNN Films, For Sama from PBS, One Child Nation from Amazon and The Edge of Democracy from Netflix; Showtime's Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men; HBO's Michael Jackson docuseries Leaving Neverland; and Lifetime's Surviving R. Kelly.

Entertainment nominees are Chernobyl, David Makes Man, Dickinson, Fleabag, Float, Good Omens, Our Boys, Ramy, Stranger Things, Succession, Unbelievable, Watchmen and When They See Us.

The nods mark the first Peabody Awards nominations for Apple TV+ (Dickinson) and Disney+ (Float) after both streaming services launched late in 2019. Additionally, David Makes Man is the first Peabody nominee from Oprah Winfrey's OWN network. Stranger Things was nominated in the past but has yet to win a Peabody award.

PBS scored the most nominations with 11; followed by HBO with seven; Netflix with five; Amazon with three; and Showtime, CNN, NBC News and podcast company Pineapple Street Studios scoring two each.

Jurors, including The Hollywood Reporter's editor-at-large Kim Masters, selected the finalists out of 1,300 entries. Nominees and winners must be unanimously chosen by the board of jurors.

"Peabody is proud to champion this year's nominees who inspire our connection, provoke our thinking and delight our senses. From the communal strength of black women to the eminence of science to the conviction of those who speak up, these stories and their creators celebrate the diversity of human experience and of our democracy,&#8221; Peabody executive director Jeffrey P. Jones said in a statement. &#8220;Amidst the challenges of our present moment, we can find empathy, entertainment and truth in these nominees.&#8221;

A full list of the 60 nominees, presented in alphabetical order by category, follows.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/peabody-awards-nominations-2020-list-full-1289403

-----------------------------------------------------------
Detail here:

2019 | Amos Pictures and HBO Documentary in association with Channel Four

Nominee
A brave if deeply troubling account from Dan Reed of pop legend Michael Jackson&#8217;s relationships with children, told through profiles of James Safechuck and Wade Robson, offering their accounts of being groomed for, suffering under, and attempting to recover from alleged abuse.

http://www.peabodyawards.com/award-profile/leaving-neverland

Well, they all just keep exposing themselves. Did you see what&#8217;s going on at the &#8220;Spectator&#8221;? In case you&#8217;re still wondering why MJ&#8217;s name keeps coming up all the time, this is apparently how:

91FuIkp.png

They&#8217;re not even trying to hide it anymore. Look at his choice of words. When a real predator is too &#8220;mediocre&#8221; or &#8220;ludicrous&#8221;, swap in MJ&#8217;s name to make the story juicier.

Same thing with awards. MJ draws attention. F**k him and his family, the name sells.

Last edited:
Tin pot award shows that no ones heard off until we start talking about them and then we wonder why the mocumentry gets nominated?!

Polanski,allen etc would be more suited for the spectator article in the american market but......

Last edited:
myosotis;4289220 said:
Is there no end to this stupidity? Can we call this the 'peabrain award'??

Peabody Awards: 'American Factory,' 'Dickinson,' 'Watchmen' Among Nominees

Other noteworthy projects earning nods include 'Apollo 11,' 'Leaving Neverland,' 'Surviving R. Kelly,' 'Fleabag,' 'Ramy,' 'Succession,' 'Stranger Things,' 'Unbelievable' and 'When They See Us.'

The Peabody Awards board of jurors on Wednesday revealed its 60 nominees for the most compelling and empowering stories released in 2019 across TV, radio and digital media.

Thirty winners will be selected from the below nominees in the categories of children's and youth, documentaries, entertainment, news, radio/podcast and public service programming.

Notable documentary nominees include the Barack and Michelle Obama-backed, best documentary Oscar winner American Factory from Netflix and Participant Media; documentary Oscar hopefuls Apollo 11 from CNN Films, For Sama from PBS, One Child Nation from Amazon and The Edge of Democracy from Netflix; Showtime's Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men; HBO's Michael Jackson docuseries Leaving Neverland; and Lifetime's Surviving R. Kelly.

Entertainment nominees are Chernobyl, David Makes Man, Dickinson, Fleabag, Float, Good Omens, Our Boys, Ramy, Stranger Things, Succession, Unbelievable, Watchmen and When They See Us.

The nods mark the first Peabody Awards nominations for Apple TV+ (Dickinson) and Disney+ (Float) after both streaming services launched late in 2019. Additionally, David Makes Man is the first Peabody nominee from Oprah Winfrey's OWN network. Stranger Things was nominated in the past but has yet to win a Peabody award.

PBS scored the most nominations with 11; followed by HBO with seven; Netflix with five; Amazon with three; and Showtime, CNN, NBC News and podcast company Pineapple Street Studios scoring two each.

Jurors, including The Hollywood Reporter's editor-at-large Kim Masters, selected the finalists out of 1,300 entries. Nominees and winners must be unanimously chosen by the board of jurors.

"Peabody is proud to champion this year's nominees who inspire our connection, provoke our thinking and delight our senses. From the communal strength of black women to the eminence of science to the conviction of those who speak up, these stories and their creators celebrate the diversity of human experience and of our democracy,&#8221; Peabody executive director Jeffrey P. Jones said in a statement. &#8220;Amidst the challenges of our present moment, we can find empathy, entertainment and truth in these nominees.&#8221;

A full list of the 60 nominees, presented in alphabetical order by category, follows.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/peabody-awards-nominations-2020-list-full-1289403

-----------------------------------------------------------
Detail here:

2019 | Amos Pictures and HBO Documentary in association with Channel Four

Nominee
A brave if deeply troubling account from Dan Reed of pop legend Michael Jackson&#8217;s relationships with children, told through profiles of James Safechuck and Wade Robson, offering their accounts of being groomed for, suffering under, and attempting to recover from alleged abuse.

http://www.peabodyawards.com/award-profile/leaving-neverland
And look, same BIAS people over the award. They do not make MJ look, they make themselves look bad and expose their agenda. That is the beauty of social media, we can now exposed them. Ask Oprah

ScreenOrigami;4289223 said:
Well, they all just keep exposing themselves. Did you see what&#8217;s going on at the &#8220;Spectator&#8221;? In case you&#8217;re still wondering why MJ&#8217;s name keeps coming up all the time, this is apparently how:

91FuIkp.png

They&#8217;re not even trying to hide it anymore. Look at his choice of words. When a real predator is too &#8220;mediocre&#8221; or &#8220;ludicrous&#8221;, swap in MJ&#8217;s name to make the story juicier.

Same thing with awards. MJ draws attention. F**k him and his family, the name sells.

And you need to expose this on social media even more. This is a disgrace.

Tin pot award shows that no ones heard off until we start talking about them and then we wonder why the mocumentry gets nominated?!

Polanski,allen etc would be more suited for the spectator article in the american market but......
I agree. that is why they use MJ but when they do we need to expose them and show their bias.

Nicole Richie, daughter of singer Lionel Richie and Brenda Richie, was Michael Jackson's goddaughter. In 2003, she defended the star and shared her fond memories of Neverland.

November 2003

Nicole, in particular, supported Jackson against the charges of improper sexual behavior with children. To that end, she offered tales of her own childhood romps at Jackson's Neverland Ranch, during which she often slept in Jackson's bedroom. "&#8220;You know, a group of us would all sleep in the same room,&#8221; she said. &#8220;It was like, absolutely nothing more than just&#8230;an adult kind of wanting to be a kid again. Just, you know, enjoying the company of children. I grew up with him. I have spent many evenings there and many days there." Noting that she could "only speak for myself," she still added "that absolutely nothing went on.&#8221;

Nicole also said that she wouldn't have held her tongue had Jackson tried anything with her. "I'm not a quiet person,&#8221; she said. &#8220;If there was something going on, I'd be like 'who are you?&#8217;&#8230; and I'd tell my parents. But my parents would never put me in hands that they thought were dangerous. I never had any complaints, and you know, I love him.&#8221;

Her parents, Lionel and Brenda Richie were close friends with Michael Jackson.

Nicole's younger sister, the famous model and fashion designer Sofia Richie (daughter of Lionel Richie and Diane Alexander) also shared her memories of Michael Jackson: "He was a really sweet guy. [Neverland Ranch] was the Disneyland of Beverly Hills."

Edit: My guess, for what it's worth, is that Reed will try to negotiate ownership of LN back from these new purchasers....

Quiver Entertainment Swoops For Kew Media Distribution Library

Quiver Entertainment, an offshoot of eOne executive Berry Meyerowitz and onetime Lionsgate Films president Jeff Sackman&#8217;s Quiver Distribution, has acquired the rights to Kew Media Distribution&#8217;s library of 1,000 titles.

Kew Media Distribution went bust in February and administrator FTI Consulting has overseen the sale of its catalog, within which it included the international rights to shows including hit BBC drama Line Of Duty and the HBO/Channel 4 Michael Jackson documentary Leaving Neverland.

Nearly 40 companies expressed an interest in acquiring the library, which FTI then whittled down to nine potential buyers. It entered into exclusive talks with Quiver Entertainment after March 27. The financial details of the deal were not disclosed.

The sale has been far from straightforward. Prior to Kew Media Distribution going bust, a number of producers took action to terminate their contracts with the company after it failed to pay them royalties they were owed. The producers were alarmed to then discover that the distribution rights to their content was being sold by FTI.

Leaving Neverland producer Dan Reed and Nick Broomfield, the filmmaker behind Showtime&#8217;s Whitney: Can I Be Me, were among those who disputed the inclusion of their films in the sale process &#8212; and both told Deadline that they were prepared to take legal action to protect their rights. &#8220;I want to put them on notice that they are not entitled to sell that film,&#8221; BAFTA-winner Reed said in a message to a potential buyer, which we now know is Quiver.

Meyerowitz and Sackman struck a conciliatory tone in statements announcing their acquisition of the Kew Media Distribution library. &#8220;We have inherited partnerships with some of the most creative and respected producers in the industry, and we look forward to growing this business together,&#8221; said Meyerowitz. Sackman added: &#8220;We are excited to collaborate with all of our customers to continue to make this content available to audiences far and wide.&#8221;

Asked if Quiver will continue to exploit the global rights to disputed films, a representative told Deadline: &#8220;Quiver is eager to collaborate with all of its producers and content suppliers to distribute their content.
&#8221;

Deadline revealed last week that Kew Media Distribution collapsed owing around 250 of its clients more than £10.8M ($13.3M) in unpaid royalties. Reed&#8217;s Amos Pictures was left nearly £523,000 out of pocket, while other notable creditors included CNN, Netflix, BBC Studios and Line Of Duty producer World Productions.

Kew Media Distribution&#8217;s catalog included feature films such as Rules Of Engagement and Simon Pegg&#8217;s Hector And The Search For Happiness; TV dramas including The Driver and The Bletchley Circle; and documentaries like Harry and Meghan: A Very Modern Royal Romance and Morgan Spurlock&#8217;s The Greatest Movie Ever Sold.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/quiver-buys-kew-media-distribution-library-1202932128/

Last edited:
A bit of background to Quiver Entertainment / Distribution - They have a partnership (since Nov 2019) with 'RedBox':
(RedBox seems to have 'DVD rental kiosks' and also a 'RedBox on Demand' digital service. )
In this model, I can't see 'LN' being a great success for them- who would want to rent or pay to stream this film alone? However, the overall package of 1,000 titles from Kew media includes a lot of more 'normal' viewing options.)

Quiver, Redbox Entertainment Form Partnership Encompassing Theatrical Titles

Quiver Distribution, an indie film company launched this year by former eOne exec Berry Meyerowitz and ex-Lionsgate Films president Jeff Sackman, has firmed up ties with Redbox Entertainment.

The strategic partnership is rooted in the releases of The Fanatic, starring John Travolta, and Running with the Devil with Nicolas Cage. It will encompass theatrical releases and represents a major step in Redbox&#8217;s efforts to go beyond its network of physical-disc kiosks. Redbox unveiled its entertainment arm last month.

Quiver is co-financing and co-producing projects alongside Redbox Entertainment. The focus will be on talent-driven projects that appeal to Redbox customers with an affinity for action, comedy and suspense/thriller titles. The partnership has many new projects in various forms of development, production and post-production that will reach the marketplace in 2020 and beyond.

&#8220;We are proud to be working with the Redbox Entertainment team to seek and distribute content that is relevant to Redbox&#8217;s audience of more than 50 million customers,&#8221; Quiver co-president Meyerowitz said.

Redbox CEO Galen Smith said the company has had several positive years of working with Meyerowitz and looks forward to teaming with Quiver &#8220;as we seek out new films that appeal to our customers across our kiosk and digital businesses.&#8221;

Quiver&#8217;s LA office is led by Larry Greenberg, an industry veteran and former acquisitions executive at Phase 4 Films and Entertainment One.

When Redbox announced the launch of its entertainment arm, it said titles it acquires will be available at the company&#8217;s 41,000-plus kiosks and digitally via Redbox On Demand, in addition to other release windows.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/quiver...inment-john-travolta-nicolas-cage-1202776896/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Buy or Rent Redbox Movies to Stream at Home
Redbox On-Demand competes with Hulu and Netflix streaming services

Redbox, the kiosk DVD rental service, not only lets you rent physical DVDs that you pick up and drop off at a kiosk, but it also has a collection of online movies and TV shows that you can stream right at home without needing a DVD.

Netflix is the closest comparison to Redbox. With both, you can either watch movies online or get physical DVDs, but Redbox is fundamentally different in that it doesn't require a subscription to stream. You pay only for what you select to stream.

Redbox's on-demand function is similar to other streaming services such as Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Vudu, but the video selections and ease-of-use differ on each service.

.....You can play your Redbox On Demand rented or purchased movies and shows right on your computer, TV, phone, and tablet. All you have to do is download the Redbox app on your device and then log in to your account to access your movies and TV shows.

Redbox On Demand makes it easy to find movies and shows to rent and buy. There are categories of genres you can browse through, reviews from other users that let you see how they liked it, and an option to find movies with a specific rating such as PG-13 or G-rated movies.

Important Facts About Redbox On Demand
Here are some things to be aware of before you choose to use Redbox On Demand:

There aren't any subscription options. You pay for each movie, TV show season, or TV show episode that you want to pay for.
There's a 30-day time frame during which you must start streaming a rented Redbox movie. Once you begin, you have 48 hours before it expires. You can watch the video as many times as you like during that period.
You can buy movies if you want to keep them forever.
Not all movies are available for rent. Some are only viewable if you purchase them.
Videos can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or phone for offline playback.
If you own the movie or TV show, you can stream on up to five devices a simultaneously from the same account. If you've rented it, you can only stream on one device at a time.
Redbox On Demand works on computers, iOS, and Android devices, Smart TVs, and Roku boxes, and it can stream to other devices such as the Google Chromecast.
Video progress is saved to your account so you can stop watching a video on one device and resume it later on another device.
Redbox On Demand lets you earn Perks points that can be used to rent movies from a kiosk.

https://www.lifewire.com/redbox-instant-streaming-1082368

Last edited:
No links to hateful websites or tweets containing links to hateful websites. And no tweets that don't somehow relate to LN.

Thanks.

They still going on about the train station? ?
I think most people who cared know it is BS (I do not think most people cared about the trash when it was shown on HBO but it was the media and a few folks-who brought into that trash-even they are waking up folks who care for truth).

Talking about the train station: it turned out that HBO owns footage from 1993 that clearly shows the train station didn&#8217;t exist yet. So, all the time they were in possession of evidence to discredit their own &#8220;documentary&#8221;. Check this out:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yup, HBO appears to own aerial footage of Neverland Ranch that discredits their own trash documentary, you can't make this stuff up. Absolute gold I tell ya, I completely lost it when I caught this in putting these together &#65533;&#65533; <a href="https://twitter.com/Zigmanfreud?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Zigmanfreud</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@tajjackson3</a> <a href="https://t.co/zNaiawY18h">https://t.co/zNaiawY18h</a> <a href="https://t.co/GVYWMEDvSz">pic.twitter.com/GVYWMEDvSz</a></p>&mdash; JaD (@JaDversary) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaDversary/status/1260503614310801410?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EDIT: Here&#8217;s the Getty Images link to HBO&#8217;s video: https://www.gettyimages.de/detail/video/over-michael-jacksons-neverland-ranch-south-nachrichtenfilmmaterial/555923959

Last edited:
It's kind of sad it took us to find all of this and not the estate. the estate should give us an award and a much better team. this court case gonna be a piece of vegan cake. (Michael was an vegan.)

I'm kinda glad that it is up to people to discredit that trash documentary, such efforts from the Estate would be seen as a cover up or just looking after themselves.

In my opinion the estate should of done a much better job. that's ridiculous for anyone estate. yeah it's great that fans help out etc but you are an estate, you suppose to keep things protect from Michael name etc. smh.

Back