Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen? [UNCONFIRMED]

How much material was slated for the 2001 special edition had it been a two disc release? I assume all of that stuff would be a sure thing for any sort of future anniversary edition?

MSL;4098805 said:
How much material was slated for the 2001 special edition had it been a two disc release? I assume all of that stuff would be a sure thing for any sort of future anniversary edition?

The bonus material would have filled a second disc, but other reasons predominated against that release. This is the reason why I insist on including authentic tracks on a possible ‘Dangerous 25’ edition:

“It wasn’t physically possible to include bonuses without a second CD and I believe it was a commercial decision taken by the record company not to go down the route of a second disc. But we had reviewed material in case we were given the go ahead.”
(Matt Forger)

AtlasAir;4094716 said:
the mj fan community doesn't hate OTW and Thriller era tho

I don't see you guys demanding Destiny Tour second leg, Triumph Tour or Victory Tour DVD. Dangerous Tour and HiStory have offical DVDs. What more do you guys want from that era. You guys should be demanding DVDs for the other now.

Hess;4094120 said:
To me it is not obvious at all that the handheld mic hindered his dance routines. - On the contrary I am very impressed how he is able to dance the routine so perfect with the mic in his hand, I don't even notice it's there really.

Even though it is playback I like the hand held mic the most.

BUT - back on topic...

No news about Dangerous 25 yet.

And if OTW 35 doc is in the making - it seems like D25 will not happen anytime soon right?

I really really hope for a Dangerous doc too. - I suppose there are much more studio footage from Dangerous (1991) than from Off The Wall (1979) - so if Spike Lee also makes the D25 doc - I really hope for much more studio footage.

Imagine seeing MJ record Who Is It, Will You Be There, Gone Too Soon, Heal the World, Give Into Me, Black or White - and the other classics.

Dangerous is his best album and deserves the best anniversary celebration. New doc, new concert - on Blu-Ray - a new double disc anniversary. - Lisa it's your birthday and demos would be nice. - If there are any finished songs from Dangerous I would rather have them released on all new albums than anniversary albums no one but hardcore fans will hear. - But demos of the songs would be nice. And if there are songs so unfinished they can not be released (in the state of People of the world etc.) it would be great as extra material. - Just to get an insight in which material he worked on/with for Dangerous. :)

Dangerous is dated I'm afraid. OTW and Thriller avoided being dated.

aazzaabb;4094186 said:
Fair point, but from all the footage I've seen I think the 92 shows are just better in terms of MJ's performance. He looks in better shape & seems happy like he's into it. I'll be honest & say I don't really enjoy those 93 shows for obvious reasons, although I do like certain elements like the inclusion of new choreography in Jam, the inclusion of Dangerous (I would have liked Dangerous in the setlist from the beginning) & things like different lighting, costumes etc. Thats why I would like Jam 93 & Dangerous included as extras.

He lip synced for christ sake! The best MJ ever got live was Destiny Tour (second leg), Triumph Tour and Bad Tour.

aazzaabb;4094273 said:
Would love to see the Munich dress rehearsal!! & look how good Mike looks in 92!!

What about 79', 81' and 84'?

lougrizli;4089406 said:
There is so much materials they can release but only in our dreams lol. They don't care about us (not the song:rofl:) For them it's simple : • Not hard work • Bad stuffs • Bad quality • Leaked songs and we run to buying it as quick it's on store. We should say stop.
We are able to do better than what they do! I know they read the forum sometimes, SO IF SOMEONE SEEN THAT: ****U!:mat:

Because there simply isn't enough interest from the general public for all that to released. It's far to costly. The hardcore fans don't seem to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psychoniff;4098902 said:
I don't see you guys demanding Destiny Tour second leg, Triumph Tour or Victory Tour DVD. Dangerous Tour and HiStory have offical DVDs. What more do you guys want from that era. You guys should be demanding DVDs for the other now.
Ive seen a ton of posts begging for Triumph tour and Victory tour. Esp. When talking about OTW.

I agree with many of the comments that call for more on his creative process. Dangerous was a turning point in his production value, sound, and, well...adulthood in general. Dangerous is a divisive border among "80s Michael" fans and superfans like us. Each of Michael's albums are truly unique with their own sound, but Dangerous was an impressive feat and he really pushed boundaries while staying within the hot trends. People either love or hate Dangerous - and I, too, hope the Estate sees how important this was in his career and reflects it in the package. I doubt they will, but one can dream, yeah?

It was dated. Nothing he ever did after OTW and Thriller sonically, sounded non-dated. Understand, I've come to appreciate Dangerous but it fails to hit people's souls outside the fan community.

Ive seen a ton of posts begging for Triumph tour and Victory tour. Esp. When talking about OTW.

Where? It's been mostly Dangerous my friend. There's an OFFICIAL DVD already, why does this thread even exist. There's no thread demanding the others I mentioned.

Psychoniff;4098913 said:
Where? It's been mostly Dangerous my friend. There's an OFFICIAL DVD already, why does this thread even exist. There's no thread demanding the others I mentioned.
Yes there is official DVD but it doesn't mean that there couldn't be another one. People want to see more Bad Tour and Dangerous Tour because those tours are just so awesome. It's not hard to understand. :) There has been threads about Victory Tour DVD/Blu-Ray and that release would be great in my opinon. Destiny Tour and Triumph Tour are not that important to me but if they would release a concert I would buy. There is just more demand for later tours because most fans are more familiar with albums and tours after Thriller.

MOD NOTE Psychoniff please use the Multiquote which is the button with the + next to "reply with quote" (far right). If you still don't know how to use it PM the staff.

Why this wouldn't be a blockbuster if a Bad Tour is released on theaters ? Think positive. A massive promo, trailer on YouTube everywhere + on every video's beginning, TV spot. Xscape sold more than 1.7 million copies with a shitty promo.
The problem is not from a part of the fan-base who only talk of Bad and Dangerous, the problem is the estate. Y'all saying "We don't know if they got the films etc" but damn.. It's their work to found them.

There is no demand for a Michael Jackson theatrical concert. Among the few hundred fans on message boards perhaps, but the Estate should not waste money on something that people will not go and support.

Psychoniff;4098902 said:

Official HIStory DVD ?? - I must have missed that one...??

Dangerous is dated I'm afraid. OTW and Thriller avoided being dated.

I actually do not think so. Jam, BoW, HtW, Who Is It, Dangerous, GiM don't sound dated at all IMO. - They could have been released yesterday...

He lip synced for christ sake! The best MJ ever got live was Destiny Tour (second leg), Triumph Tour and Bad Tour.

In terms of singing yes. - But overall show no. - BAD was the best tour due to live vocals and amazing energy. - If Dangerous and HIStory had been 100 % live (not even BAD was 100% live - SC and MITM was not!) But live vocals could easily have made Dangerous the best concert IMO.

AlwaysThere;4098979 said:
There is no demand for a Michael Jackson theatrical concert. Among the few hundred fans on message boards perhaps, but the Estate should not waste money on something that people will not go and support.

Agreed. - They have to make smart buisness decisions, not spend millions on fans whishes. - Still they should listen to the fans, hear what we want!
I think fans have soo many great ideas etc. - both SONY and Estate could listen and learn. :)

AlwaysThere;4098979 said:

If Michael's Facebook page do a poll to know if peoples want it or nah, you'll see. I bet everybody want to see MJ in BluRay. We're the hardcore fan part but there is a lot of "normal" fan who don't know what we talkin' about everyday.

lougrizli;4098998 said:
If Michael's Facebook page do a poll to know if peoples want it or nah, you'll see. I bet everybody want to see MJ in BluRay. We're the hardcore fan part but there is a lot of "normal" fan who don't know what we talkin' about everyday.

Blu-Ray and theatrical are two different things.

A theatrical release would cost untold millions through careful restoration of the footage, distribution and promotion, millions that the estate will not make back. Concert films in general don't do as well as some are convinced they do - most barely make their money back. There's a reason why Jimi Hendrix and Tupac and John Lennon concerts go straight to DVD: studios know that, despite their popularity, they won't be box office hits.

Straight to Blu-Ray is a sensible decision. Less expensive for them, and we can have it in our homes instantaneously.

I still think that concerts should take a back seat until we get other visual material. The full version of the 1993 Ghosts, the twenty-one minute version of TWYMMF that supposedly exists, the IJCSLY studio footage that I'm convinced was filmed with the intent of making it a music video, so on and so forth.

AlwaysThere;4099015 said:

A theatrical release would cost untold millions through careful restoration of the footage, distribution and promotion, millions that the estate will not make back. Concert films in general don't do as well as some are convinced they do - most barely make their money back. There's a reason why Jimi Hendrix and Tupac and John Lennon concerts go straight to DVD: studios know that, despite their popularity, they won't be box office hits.

Straight to Blu-Ray is a sensible decision. Less expensive for them, and we can have it in our homes instantaneously.

I still think that concerts should take a back seat until we get other visual material. The full version of the 1993 Ghosts, the twenty-one minute version of TWYMMF that supposedly exists, the IJCSLY studio footage that I'm convinced was filmed with the intent of making it a music video, so on and so forth.

Yeah but we deserved a Bad Tour in Blu-Ray even if it's not on theaters, IMO. Michael make more than 150 millions $ per years so they can restore, clean etc only one show. We don't asked 10 shows every months. They gonna' lose money if they don't promote it like it should be.

There is some shots of Dangerous music video too. I know they bought costumes etc for an Invincible song, I think it was Unbreakable but I don't know if they record something.

I'd definitely be down for a Bad/Dangerous tour on Blu-ray, preferably Dangerous. Can't say I'd be rushing to see it in theatres though.

Honestly Dangerous is my favourite tour. To me it's the perfect balance of vocals/complex dance moves/flashy effects. I'm not fully against lip-syncing so long as the artist is doing complicated moves - like MJ was doing. There has to be a balance though and I feel Dangerous achieves that; I don't want to watch an artist perform basically every song through lipsyncing - like the HIStory tour.

Bad would be my second favourite tour, but it might be a bit too stripped for my liking, even if the vocals are live. Hell, maybe even underdeveloped a bit - I wanna see MJ do the lean! :p

HIStoric;4099020 said:
I don't want to watch an artist perform basically every song through lipsyncing - like the HIStory tour.

Apart from lip sync, MJ (in 'HIStory' Tour) seemed alienated from his band (as compared to his previous tours).

Galactus123;4098922 said:
Yes there is official DVD but it doesn't mean that there couldn't be another one. People want to see more Bad Tour and Dangerous Tour because those tours are just so awesome. It's not hard to understand. :) There has been threads about Victory Tour DVD/Blu-Ray and that release would be great in my opinon. Destiny Tour and Triumph Tour are not that important to me but if they would release a concert I would buy. There is just more demand for later tours because most fans are more familiar with albums and tours after Thriller.

And this is the problem I'm having with the fan community. You just said you don't care. Are you a fan or not? Just call yourself fan of Dangerous and HiStory tours, DON'T CALL YOURSELF A FAN OF MJ if your not fan of his WHOLE body of work.

Psychoniff;4099053 said:
And this is the problem I'm having with the fan community. You just said you don't care. Are you a fan or not? Just call yourself fan of Dangerous and HiStory tours, DON'T CALL YOURSELF A FAN OF MJ if your not fan of his WHOLE body of work.

Sorry, but this is silly. One can very well be a fan without liking everything that MJ did.

Exactly!!
Agreed. - They have to make smart buisness decisions, not spend millions on fans whishes. - Still they should listen to the fans, hear what we want!
I think fans have soo many great ideas etc. - both SONY and Estate could listen and learn. :)

Exactly!

That would be just his hardcore fanbase, NOT the general public that would be interested! There simply isn't enough interest.

I'd definitely be down for a Bad/Dangerous tour on Blu-ray, preferably Dangerous. Can't say I'd be rushing to see it in theatres though.

Honestly Dangerous is my favourite tour. To me it's the perfect balance of vocals/complex dance moves/flashy effects. I'm not fully against lip-syncing so long as the artist is doing complicated moves - like MJ was doing. There has to be a balance though and I feel Dangerous achieves that; I don't want to watch an artist perform basically every song through lipsyncing - like the HIStory tour.

Bad would be my second favourite tour, but it might be a bit too stripped for my liking, even if the vocals are live. Hell, maybe even underdeveloped a bit - I wanna see MJ do the lean! :p

He lip-synced, that's an immediate no-no!

The Triumph wa his best vocally, why would you not be interested?

That New Jack Swing sound is stuck in the early nineties sound. Without the NJS sound it isn't so.

Psychoniff;4099057 said:
The Triumph wa his best vocally, why would you not be interested?
I said that I would buy it. I would gladly watch it but I'm just more interested about his later tours. :)

None of the concerts interest me anymore. We've seen almost everything there is to see for the Bad tour, the Dangerous tour still has a few songs I'm pining to watch, and the History concerts shouldn't even be acknowledged.

I was never a big fan of the Jacksons myself, so I'm not necessarily hoping for a tour DVD from them.

lougrizli;4099017 said:
Yeah but we deserved a Bad Tour in Blu-Ray even if it's not on theaters, IMO. Michael make more than 150 millions $ per years so they can restore, clean etc only one show. We don't asked 10 shows every months. They gonna' lose money if they don't promote it like it should be.

Almost the entirety of the estate's annual revenue comes from Michael's back catalog - the projects he released in his lifetime. Posthumous albums and otherwise don't come close to the classics, and they never will.

The fan community doesn't deserve anything. This community is beyond greedy and entirely unsatisfiable. The estate chooses six songs for Bad 25, we complain because we didn't get more. A new song leaks online, within minutes people are asking what the next song is going to be and when it's going to pop up.

Honestly, to a degree, we should all be kissing the estate's ass. Quality notwithstanding, I have never seen a dead artist see so many detailed and high profile releases at such a regular rate. I don't see any anniversary packages for the Beatles with new music and a concert DVD. I don't see a new Elvis album with extensive commercial promotion. Even if some of the projects suck, they're still more extensive than anything I've seen for anyone else.

We need to lose this ego, as if the estate owes us something. We aren't entitled to anything in Michael's catalog.

AlwaysThere;4099066 said:
None of the concerts interest me anymore. We've seen almost everything there is to see for the Bad tour, the Dangerous tour still has a few songs I'm pining to watch, and the History concerts shouldn't even be acknowledged.

I was never a big fan of the Jacksons myself, so I'm not necessarily hoping for a tour DVD from them.

Almost the entirety of the estate's annual revenue comes from Michael's back catalog - the projects he released in his lifetime. Posthumous albums and otherwise don't come close to the classics, and they never will.

The fan community doesn't deserve anything. This community is beyond greedy and entirely unsatisfiable. The estate chooses six songs for Bad 25, we complain because we didn't get more. A new song leaks online, within minutes people are asking what the next song is going to be and when it's going to pop up.

Honestly, to a degree, we should all be kissing the estate's ass. Quality notwithstanding, I have never seen a dead artist see so many detailed and high profile releases at such a regular rate. I don't see any anniversary packages for the Beatles with new music and a concert DVD. I don't see a new Elvis album with extensive commercial promotion. Even if some of the projects suck, they're still more extensive than anything I've seen for anyone else.

We need to lose this ego, as if the estate owes us something. We aren't entitled to anything in Michael's catalog.

Of course Estate doesn't owe us anything but we can still give ideas and say what we would like to see. I agree that fans shouldn't say we deserve when wanting something. Fans don't deserve releases but I think Bad Tour deserves a Blu-Ray release. It's the best tour of all time in my opinion so if a Blu-Ray is possible it would be a crime not to make it happen. Leaving the films reels rotting there unused is like destroying historical material.

I personally want more concert releases than new albums.

I'd like to see a blu ray box set released
Disk 1 - BAD Tour 1987 (Preferably the show with Stevie Wonder)
Disk 2 - BAD Tour - 1988 or 1989 (Any show will do, but I would prefer a show with a complete setlist)
Disk 3 - Dangerous Tour 1992 (One of the shows with Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel)
And when it comes to the HIStory Tour. I'm not bothered about that getting released

And before someone asks ''What about Triumph Tour or Victory Tour?'' those are Jackson's tours and could be released in a separate set

Galactus123;4099067 said:
Of course Estate doesn't owe us anything but we can still give ideas and say what we would like to see. I agree that fans shouldn't say we deserve when wanting something. Fans don't deserve releases but I think Bad Tour deserves a Blu-Ray release. It's the best tour of all time in my opinion so if a Blu-Ray is possible it would be a crime not to make it happen. Leaving the films reels rotting there unused is like destroying historical material.

I agree with you - suggestions and commentary is vital to a successful project. But there needs to be a sense of realism and respect. Certain members speak as if the estate has a responsibility to release new projects, which they do not. There's no clause in any existing contract that says they need to give us anything whatsoever. Which is why sometimes we should respect something for what it is rather than what it's not.

I will agree that I would love to see the Wembley show on Blu-Ray with a stronger audio mix.

AlwaysThere;4099071 said:
I will agree that I would love to see the Wembley show on Blu-Ray with a stronger audio mix.

The Wembley concert we have wasn't shot on film so the video quality wouldn't be any better. :)

AlwaysThere;4099066 said:

"None of the concerts interest me anymore. We've seen almost everything there is to see for the Bad tour, the Dangerous tour still has a few songs I'm pining to watch, and the History concerts shouldn't even be acknowledged.

I was never a big fan of the Jacksons myself, so I'm not necessarily hoping for a tour DVD from them."

You said we should not say that we deserved something or nah only because YOU don't want it but as much as I know you're not the only fan. Also a fan who don't give a damn about concerts of his idol, is not a fan. Even more when the idol is Michael Jackson but anyway. (Not necessary to respond and trying to explain me what's a real fan blahblah)

Kissing estate's ass ? They give us shitty stuffs and I should kiss their rotten ass? I bet you give a lot of blowjob to L.A Reid.
They also chooses 8 songs for Xscape that we already know 6 of them. I never see this happened with The Beatles too.:shifty:

I don't owe them anything, I owe something for Michael like the estate. Without him, they're nothing.

lougrizli;4099124 said:
You said we should not say that we deserved something or nah only because YOU don't want it but as much as I know you're not the only fan. Also a fan who don't give a damn about concerts of his idol, is not a fan. Even more when the idol is Michael Jackson but anyway. (Not necessary to respond and trying to explain me what's a real fan blahblah)

Haha what a completely idiotic thing to say, so yes I will respond. You don't have to like every single aspect of an artist to be a fan. Michael Jackson was a highly talented artist who had many attractive attributes when it came to his work. It's completely understandable that some fans won't be as interested in some of these aspects (the aspects of which would obviously vary by fan) but that doesn't make them any less of a fan.

AlwaysThere was clearly stating his opinion. He never said that the fanbase shouldn't get these concerts at some point, he just said that he's personally not interested in new concert releases and he's very much allowed to.

lougrizli;4099124 said:
They also chooses 8 songs for Xscape that we already know 6 of them. I never see this happened with The Beatles too.:shifty:

Well see, here's the problem. It's entirely your fault that you chose to seek out and listen to those six leaked songs. No-one held you down and forced you to play them so the only person you can blame is yourself. Besides, only a small proportion of Michael's fanbase would've heard those songs, why should the rest of the fanbase and the general population suffer the consequences because a select few have already heard them? This is all coming from someone who had heard those leaks years before Xscape's release by the way.

And if you're complaining about how so much of Xscape was already leaked material you had already heard (once again, your fault), think about it this way. That means there's less leaked material to hear on future albums, so you have a higher chance of listening to new unleaked material on future albums.

And when it comes to The Beatles, you're actually completely wrong. In the 1990s, 25 years after they broke up, The Anthology Series was released. A hugely successful set of 3 albums, each of which contained unreleased songs, demos, outtakes and the like. Some of the these tracks had already been heard by hardcore fans who had been trading bootlegged Beatles material. Hell, one of the most highly publicised aspects of those albums, unfinished John Lennon tracks that had been newly finished by the remaining Beatles, had their demos already heard by a small proportion of the hardcore fanbase back in the 1970s. Did that stop the remaining Beatles from including the material though? Nope, and it shouldn't stop The Estate either.

HIStoric;4099142 said:
Haha what a completely idiotic thing to say, so yes I will respond. You don't have to like every single aspect of an artist to be a fan. Michael Jackson was a highly talented artist who had many attractive attributes when it came to his work. It's completely understandable that some fans won't be as interested in some of these aspects (the aspects of which would obviously vary by fan) but that doesn't make them any less of a fan.

AlwaysThere was clearly stating his opinion. He never said that the fanbase shouldn't get these concerts at some point, he just said that he's personally not interested in new concert releases and he's very much allowed to.

Well see, here's the problem. It's entirely your fault that you chose to seek out and listen to those six leaked songs. No-one held you down and forced you to play them so the only person you can blame is yourself. Besides, only a small proportion of Michael's fanbase would've heard those songs, why should the rest of the fanbase and the general population suffer the consequences because a select few have already heard them? This is all coming from someone who had heard those leaks years before Xscape's release by the way.

And if you're complaining about how so much of Xscape was already leaked material you had already heard (once again, your fault), think about it this way. That means there's less leaked material to hear on future albums, so you have a higher chance of listening to new unleaked material on future albums.

And when it comes to The Beatles, you're actually completely wrong. In the 1990s, 25 years after they broke up, The Anthology Series was released. A hugely successful set of 3 albums, each of which contained unreleased songs, demos, outtakes and the like. Some of the these tracks had already been heard by hardcore fans who had been trading bootlegged Beatles material. Hell, one of the most highly publicised aspects of those albums, unfinished John Lennon tracks that had been newly finished by the remaining Beatles, had their demos already heard by a small proportion of the hardcore fanbase back in the 1970s. Did that stop the remaining Beatles from including the material though? Nope, and it shouldn't stop The Estate either.

Did I said he wasn't allowed to ? No. But when he told me that we should kiss estate's ass, I don't think I've to be polite with him. I respect his opinion but if he's not interested with those releases, it's pointless to talk about that.

It's my fault ? LMFAO. In 2010 you think that when STTR, DYKWYCA leaked I was like "oh no, in 4 years there will be a posthumous album called Xscape and these songs will be on the track-list. "
It's not my fault if I request some good stuffs so if you are happy with what you got, it's cool for you.

lougrizli;4099155 said:
I respect his opinion but if he's not interested with those releases, it's pointless to talk about that.

Well, no, it's not 'pointless'. It's good to have feedback from people who have all sorts of opinions.

lougrizli;4099155 said:
It's my fault ? LMFAO. In 2010 you think that when STTR, DYKWYCA leaked I was like "oh no, in 4 years there will be a posthumous album called Xscape and these songs will be on the track-list. "

It's your fault that you played them early, yes. They leaked but you weren't forced to play them. If you chose to not play them, you wouldn't be having this issue now would you?

I've heard a few songs from the Dangerous sessions that aren't out yet but I'm not going to complain if the Estate decides to include them on Dangerous 25. Why? Because it's my fault that I played them early. The rest of the Michael Jackson fanbase and general population should not have to go without these great tracks simply because a small proportion of hardcore MJ fans have already heard them. It's really as simple as that.

If you don't like that the Estate released a lot of already leaked tracks in one sitting... then well too bad. It really comes down to what I said above. On top of that, the fact we heard them a few years back doesn't change the fact most of them are good songs. We've got more new material from The Estate in the last 5 years than we likely would've if Michael was still alive so yes I agree with him, we should be grateful. It's way more than what most fans get from their dead idols.

Back