Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen? [UNCONFIRMED]

You guys have to help me out here please! Apparently I been living under a rock all this time. I usually don't miss much when it comes to Mj but Give into me long extended version? I just heard it for the first time on YouTube. Love is a donut love it! Can one of you hook me up with this please! I will be forever great full. One of my favorite songs ever. This takes it to a whole new level!

Smooth72;4100256 said:
You guys have to help me out here please! Apparently I been living under a rock all this time. I usually don't miss much when it comes to Mj but Give into me long extended version? I just heard it for the first time on YouTube. Love is a donut love it! Can one of you hook me up with this please! I will be forever great full. One of my favorite songs ever. This takes it to a whole new level!

I'm assuming you're talking about the unreleased demo?

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for the release -whether on Dangerous25 or just in general- of more studio footage! Just daydreaming here, but can you imagine footage of him recording Will you be there, Give in to me or Keep the faith..? :wild: Work that body? :shifty:

Smooth72;4100256 said:

MJ once told a story about how his dad used to buy him donuts when he was a kid. Michael said that was Joseph's way of showing affection. So the line ''Love is a donut'' is not as random as some people think

TinnyandOdd;4100301 said:
I'm assuming you're talking about the unreleased demo?

I believe so. It was 6/7 long and a bunch of different word and ad libs. Really enjoyed it

AlwaysThere;4099836 said:
Obvious doesn't necessarily mean most sensible.

They probably also understood that no other forthcoming release would (commercially) surpass the success of ‘This is it’.

Doggone;4108947 said:
Any updates???

Nope, there's probably not going to be any until sometime next year.

Given the fact Michael's last two albums have gotten the treatment and there's a nice amount of material to work with for this era, I imagine we'll get an anniversary edition for this album. I'm keen to see new albums that have nothing to do with an anniversary but Dangerous deserves its time in the spotlight, imo it's his best album :)

I'm 99% sure it won't happen. Bad is way popular album among general public than Dangerous and Bad 25 was struggling with sales. Although fan favourite Dangerous is not getting much appreciation by the critics either. They first panned the album when it was released. So I don't see this happening. What we need is a collectors label for this to happen in the future.

Re-release of Dangerous - The Short Films and Bucharest on blu-ray would be nice. Although I don't see this happening either. Because they released Vision recently and it's too expensive for them to transfer every video from film. Also I don't think Bucharest was shot on film so DVD quality is the best possible quality.

They have only 4 more projects under current Sony deal until the end of 2017. so I'm sure they'll be concentrating on more commercial projects and in my opinion those will be Off The Wall re-release, Thriller 3D, HIStory Tour 3D and third album of unreleased music done in a similar way as Xscape.

OnirMJ;4108973 said:
I'm 99% sure it won't happen. Bad is way popular album among general public than Dangerous and Bad 25 was struggling with sales. Although fan favourite Dangerous is not getting much appreciation by the critics either. They first panned the album when it was released. So I don't see this happening. What we need is a collectors label for this to happen in the future.

Re-release of Dangerous - The Short Films and Bucharest on blu-ray would be nice. Although I don't see this happening either. Because they released Vision recently and it's too expensive for them to transfer every video from film. Also I don't think Bucharest was shot on film so DVD quality is the best possible quality.

They have only 4 more projects under current Sony deal until the end of 2017. so I'm sure they'll be concentrating on more commercial projects and in my opinion those will be Off The Wall re-release, Thriller 3D, HIStory Tour 3D and third album of unreleased music done in a similar way as Xscape.

I agree it's unlikely to happen but I hope the bolded things don't tbh. I don't really think Xscape was that good of an album, wasn't a fan of them replacing MJ's music and the way they made the demos sound, and I don't really wanna watch MJ lip sync a full show looking as if he's lacking enthusiasm. There's just something missing from the HIStory shows imo. I also think Thriller 3D is rather pointless tbh, just put it out in HD, no point in putting 3D on it when it wasn't even filmed that way. Although I don't really like 3D much to begin with.

SmoothGangsta;4109030 said:
I also think Thriller 3D is rather pointless tbh, just put it out in HD, no point in putting 3D on it when it wasn't even filmed that way.

Can I just say that Mike spent his whole career being made to seem like he was chasing after Thriller as if the decades prior and following didn't count? We have 4-5ish decades of MJ stuff, surely they can find something that isn't Thriller ... For the love of God, let it go :p

With all the promotional work Michael did around Dangerous they SHOULD make a documentary.. I mean the deal with SONY, LA GEAR, HEAL THE WORLD, SUPERBOWL, and all the other projects he worked on.. And the footage that goes along with that!

And I am a sucker of seeing MJ look an untraditional way (doing something with another era look that doesn' "fit") So having some Dangerous studio footage and him looking like the BAD era would be super cool...

I hope something unfolds...

TinnyandOdd;4109041 said:
Can I just say that Mike spent his whole career being made to seem like he was chasing after Thriller as if the decades prior and following didn't count? We have 4-5ish decades of MJ stuff, surely they can find something that isn't Thriller ... For the love of God, let it go :p

I wish they'd just put all his short films on a blu-ray box set and release it. I think they'd release all his short films individually in HD if they thought they'd make more money. Or maybe we'll be getting a VHS quality Thriller 3D cause they couldn't be bothered converting it :p (I'm joking)

KOPV;4109048 said:
With all the promotional work Michael did around Dangerous they SHOULD make a documentary.. I mean the deal with SONY, LA GEAR, HEAL THE WORLD, SUPERBOWL, and all the other projects he worked on.. And the footage that goes along with that!

And I am a sucker of seeing MJ look an untraditional way (doing something with another era look that doesn' "fit") So having some Dangerous studio footage and him looking like the BAD era would be super cool...

I hope something unfolds...

Yeah, the Dangerous era was amazing and I sincerely hope that they commemorate it in some way.

TinnyandOdd;4109041 said:

Ghosts 3D - now that would be frikkin awesome!! It really deserves the 3D treatment lol!

They might as well do 4k hd now that the technology is here. We got Moonwalker in 1080p hd now let's have all mj videos in 4k as they soooo deserve that!!!

SkyWalk;4109075 said:
They might as well do 4k hd now that the technology is here. We got Moonwalker in 1080p hd now let's have all mj videos in 4k as they soooo deserve that!!!

they've done it for Queen & The Beatles, they should give us Michael's tours/short films in such resolution.

Funny though after saying that I would still rather watch grainy footage of Michael recording the Dangerous album in the studio than any 4k hd Dangerous concert.

As far as the 25th Anniversaries have gone, particularly Bad 25 onwards; they should have done them in the style of The Beatles Anthology documentaries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_Anthology_(documentary)#The_Long_and_Winding_Road

To me that's the benchmark they need to aspire too. Learn from the greats, become greater as MJ would say.

Dangerous 25 needs a documentary with that level of care and expertise, packaged with remastered original cut of the album. A 2nd disc would feature unreleased demos/songs that didn't make the cut, and good remixes. There are people on Soundcloud who have done MJ more justice in the remix department, compared to what happened on Bad 25.

3rd disc would be a concert from the Dangerous Tour, were any of the shows shot on film completely? For obvious reasons they'd have to pull from either the 1st or 2nd leg of the tour.

The same goes for the Short Films, were they actually shot on film? They would need to be released along with the above in a box set. Uncensored Black Or White video in HD?

Imagine Remember The Time on widescreen HD. That I would buy. But just gonna assume they don't have that stuff, or the bulk of it was shot in standard def.

SD Blu-Ray of Monza & Restored Blu-Ray of Tokyo/Bangkok with on the road etc.! Re-release the short films package on Blu-Ray, re-release of original vinyl! Remaster using unedited studio editions, include unreleased outtakes (7 or 8) included with the package/also released separately.. Same with the HD/SD concerts and short films (including making of's)

SkyWalk;4109085 said:
Funny though after saying that I would still rather watch grainy footage of Michael recording the Dangerous album in the studio than any 4k hd Dangerous concert.
ME TOO!! And the Dangerous rehearsals!!! Could watch all day and night.

MoonWalker94;4109086 said:
As far as the 25th Anniversaries have gone, particularly Bad 25 onwards; they should have done them in the style of The Beatles Anthology documentaries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_Anthology_(documentary)#The_Long_and_Winding_Road

To me that's the benchmark they need to aspire too. Learn from the greats, become greater as MJ would say.

Anthology is an incredible documentary, very very long but jesus it's the holy grail for Beatles fans. It's a shame Michael isn't here to do a documentary like that whereas 3 of The Beatles still remained for that doco (though there was a decent amount of archival footage of Lennon discussing their music/history). Nothing better than hearing it from the masters themselves. I seriously wish we just had a whole heap of MJ, be it in writing or on audio/video, of him discussing the creative processes and everything related to his work. They could potentially get some good stuff from studio chatter that's been recorded.

sigh
We have far too much tabloid bullshit and far too little of the stuff that really matters :(

Imagine Remember The Time on widescreen HD. That I would buy. But just gonna assume they don't have that stuff, or the bulk of it was shot in standard def.

Assuming they have the EDL's (Edit Decision List) and they can locate all the film elements for the films (as I believe a very good portion from the Thriller era onwards was shot on film?), they should be able to repiece all of the short films together. They did it for That 70s Show actually! It's a shame Michael was known to be very sporadic with his archiving... I'm not sure of the cost of doing this for all his short films (since there's scanning, restoring of visuals and remastering of audio) but I can imagine it taking some time. I've said it before but I'm honestly very happy to wait for this, I've seen some incredible restoring/remastering work that's taken a while but holy bajesus has it been worth it in the end.

Going back to The Beatles actually, they recently announced a new video collection filled with restored video and they've done a seriously good job! They've done a great job of promoting it too, uploading comparisons and snippets of the newly restored footage etc onto their YouTube channel.

[video=youtube;_6NHLSB0WV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6NHLSB0WV4[/video]
[video=youtube;MIAA4YsL3rc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIAA4YsL3rc[/video]

Looking past the typical YouTube compression on this, the quality is really good!
[video=youtube;8UQK-UcRezE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UQK-UcRezE[/video]

I'm sure we'll see something like this for MJ someday and when that time comes, they should release comparisons/newly restored snippets onto YouTube like The Beatley-Beatles have :p

Hooooly crap, those restorations look gorgeous. Begging the Estate to rerelease Vision on BluRay with these kind of remasters.

I still can't believe MJ has never gotten a Blu-Ray release....

I know we have Moonwalker and BAD25... - But that is not really what I'm talking about...

Imagine a BAD concert in crystal clear Blu-Ray quality - and perfect sound... - Queen and many other old acts have had their concerts released on Blu-Ray - some shows older than 87-89... So it should be possible...

And I would really love a Dangerous concert (NOT Bucharest with a damn whistle...) to be released on Blu-Ray too !! - And Dangerous Rehearsals as bonus material in a deluxe fan edition... :lol: - I know it will never happen, but dreaming is free!! :lol:

All MJ's music videos are true art - they should be view in highest possible quality - both picture and sound quality wise... - They were the most espensive music videos ever made - so I bet at least some of them were shot on 35mm - and should be possible to release on Blu-Ray...

Hess;4109131 said:
Imagine a BAD concert in crystal clear Blu-Ray quality - and perfect sound... - Queen and many other old acts have had their concerts released on Blu-Ray - some shows older than 87-89... So it should be possible...
Yeah. When watcing the Man in the Mirror part in Moonwalker I'm like, I want to see full concert like this! Short films and Bad Tour on Blu-Ray should be the top priorities for Estate. Dangerous Tour concert would be great too. :)

You probably know but This Is It is on Blu-Ray - the visuals and audio especially are very top notch :D I know you want an actual show but it's the closest we have to one on Blu-Ray atm!

Is the Moonwalker collage of videos after the man in the mirror segment classed as 1080p hd? I don't think they are because it's just an up scale from the original Moonwalker rather than the actual videos if you know what I mean - as in take the clip from Thriller for example it looks really good but I don't think it's true hd because it's not been up scaled from the original Thriller film. Unlike man in the mirror and smooth criminal segments where they have been therefore giving them true hd?

SkyWalk;4109180 said:
Is the Moonwalker collage of videos after the man in the mirror segment classed as 1080p hd? I don't think they are because it's just an up scale from the original Moonwalker rather than the actual videos if you know what I mean - as in take the clip from Thriller for example it looks really good but I don't think it's true hd because it's not been up scaled from the original Thriller film. Unlike man in the mirror and smooth criminal segments where they have been therefore giving them true hd?

They are HD. Just look how amazing they look:
[video=youtube;6_RN68EQMys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_RN68EQMys[/video]

Remember 1080p. :)

Galactus123;4109182 said:
They are HD. Just look how amazing they look:
[video=youtube;6_RN68EQMys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_RN68EQMys[/video]

Remember 1080p. :)
Still not sure it's true 1080p as surly they'll need to have remastered from the original Thriller / Beat it film reel?

SkyWalk;4109180 said:

There was no 'upscaling' involved when it came to the quick snippets of Thriller/Beat It because they used the film elements back when editing the film in the late 80s.

Back