Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen? [UNCONFIRMED]

Your statements are not explained by ignorance but by a conscious decision to mislead people. So no I don't know who you work for nor have I said you all work for Sony though that certainly seems possible by the willful teaming up against me by the following posters as well as the willingness to not take into account what has been stated by myself. You certainly are not someone who supports Michael Jackson.

I've no idea why you needed another long post to re-iterate your opinion on these matters but AlwaysThere has kindly addressed your points AGAIN so stop trying to stirr things and stop being so bloody rude in what and how you say something.

^^I'd just like to say that I'm glad most of the time I don't have the patience to put all the effort into these posts, although I'm glad that some people do. I'm trying not to argue with everyone, because I tend to disagree with some people on here and I don't see a point in trying to debate because no matter how much logic is presented it is just dismissed.

I can't quite understand why I do it myself. As I said before, I'm sure I garnered the reputation as the "forum fight starter," which I'm not very happy with myself for, so I'm trying to contain myself as much as I can. I can get on a bit of a role, and I'm sorry to anyone who has had to deal with that for page after page.

But I won't stand for blatant rudeness towards myself or any other member for no reason.

I can't quite understand why I do it myself. As I said before, I'm sure I garnered the reputation as the "forum fight starter," which I'm not very happy with myself for, so I'm trying to contain myself as much as I can. I can get on a bit of a role, and I'm sorry to anyone who has had to deal with that for page after page.

But I won't stand for blatant rudeness towards myself or any other member for no reason.

You always post cool stuff. I have no issue with it.

Wow. It is entirely true. What's your beef? Sony have been and actively sabotaging Michael for twenty two years to be exact. Perhaps longer. Sony were going to ditch Michael because he said that he was going to sign with someone else or go independent when he was done with his contract. On top of that some other Asian company said that they would sign and take him so Sony backed out of not working with him any more instead so as to not loose the money making opportunities he was still capable of which were phenomenal and astronomical to the point of being pioneering in his field of work as well as not just the music industry but the entire entertainment industry.

Michael did not want to do a greatest hits in 1995 but was convinced otherwise. He even apologized to the fans in 1997 for making them have to purchase the same songs over again. (On a side note concerning their lack of interest Sony said a title track to it did not matter but Michael insisted which was brilliant and became one of his best recordings, that being the "HIStory".) Michael his own remixes to be released on "Blood On The Dance Floor - HIStory In The Mix" but Sony instead forced him to use remixes that they came up with instead.

"HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I" was not promoted to the extent that it could and or should have been. Sony have never acknowledged the actual worldwide sales of all his releases both total and individually. They dictated to the press what to report and what not. The story was that "he did not sell like he use to", "the projects were failures", "the l.p.s did not sell as well as they had hoped", "other recording artists were doing better", and so forth. Hence was part of the practice of Tommy Mottella that he would destroy an artist's reputation significantly enough to devalue them so that they could not sign a better contract with someone else. So yes it was with the entire company of Sony and not just Tommy Mottella. Mottella was an employee and he was actively destroying their highest paid employee. They could have stopped that a long time ago. You do not let another employee destroy other people in your business unless you want it to happen. Mottella did this to George Michael, his ex-wife Mariah Carey, and his "friend" Michael Jackson. The excuse that Tommy "stepped down" was and is a lie and it is SO sad to hear and see fans such as yourself (if that is even true) believe it hook line and sink.

I won't even get into how they sabotaged "Invincible" doing no "short promotional films" (a.k.a.: "music videos") or a trailer like "Dangerous" and "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I" had. Mere having so few singles. Mere less it selling eight million copies in the first few months after debuting at number one in the U.S. and worldwide in 11 other countries. The idea that people on some level did not know about it because of 9/11 happening is just false as can be THOUGH the general public did not because of the lack of promotion. There was also the lie that they spent thirty million dollars promoting it. That was just false through and through. There is virtually no artwork or photos in it in terms of what they could have done.

It was the standard in the industry that an artist does not promote a project on their own if the record company either does not or holds back from doing so themselves. Otherwise it was understood that the artist would have been agreeing with the actions (or lack there of) of not promoting the project so therefore that was the only reason Michael "had a hand in it's outcome" concerning all of that and promotion that could have been done more so by him. In this case according to his contract he was obligated to do certain promotion of which he did and that was why nothing more happened by him. According to both Janet and Rodney Jerkins Michael found out right before "Invincible" was released what was not going to happen so he pulled off the versions of songs he was going to have on it.

There is no misconstruing of information. Who are you and who do you work for? You seem highly invested and motivated to defend Sony.
Why does this not "register" with you?

I'm anti-Sony myself, but HIStory had hella promo, LOL.
I'm going to be honest I didn't read everything you said, but saying that HIStory got no promo or was promoted to little just ain't true, and may make some people disregard everything else you say.
I personally am anti-Sony because I can't turn a blind eye to what Michael said, and also to the messed up stuff I know happens behind the scenes of the music industry and the entertainment industry as a whole.
It's a much darker and grimy business then many want to admit.
Either way though, and regardless of how it came about I'm glad Invincible exist because I couldn't imagine not being able to listen to Butterflies, Unbreakable, Break Of Dawn, etc.
It's a highly slept on album, but in recent years it's got a good amount of attention which I'm happy about.
I also don't think Sony is the reason for the MJ was washed up campaign.
The media hated MJ, and wanted to take him down, so I think that the lie of MJ being washed up was created and perpetuated by the general media not Sony.
And if it makes you feel any better Invincible still did pretty damn good sales wise, even though the media was on an "MJ is washed up campaign, and regardless of what went on behind the scenes with Sony.

Edit: Oh and since this thread is about Dangerous 25 I just figured I'd say that for the most part at this point I don't think it's happening.

Last edited:
^^ Almost totally agree with everything said above.

As I said previously, the media had a penchant for taking anything about Michael and turning it into something negative even if it was anything but. I recall seeing a few articles from 1995 that called the single release of Scream/Childhood a "commercial disappointment" because it didn't hit number one, despite the fact that it had the highest chart-debut in the 37 year history of Billboard (at number five) and sold est. 700k copies in the United States alone.

It makes no sense to suggest that Sony would perpetuate a media storm at Michael in 1995, or that Michael would overlook said negativity entirely and not start an issue with Sony until several years later during the Invincible campaign.

Regarding Michael's complaints about Sony, I have no doubts that some of them were true. I overall feel as though he was exaggerating to prove a point, particularly when he and other fans accused Sony of purposefully under promoting Invincible.

I'm still convinced Sony did more for Invincible at the outset than Michael did!

Wow. Who's side are you on AlwaysThere?! You don't seem to be able to comprehend what did and did not happen and why. One can only be helped so much.

PinkDiamondPrincess I did not say that "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I" got no or little promo. Comprehension problem? I said that he did not get as much as it should have. In particular in the U.S. You understand that Michael would spend a year or two promoting his projects, right? Most of the campaign was done in the first six months for "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I". All of which on the surface is cool and good but since it had sold as much as it had worldwide and Michael continued promoting it for the next year and a half there should have been more songs released as singles and more "short promotional films". If anything the original version of "HIStory" should have had a "short promotional film". Not just a disco dance collage thing. How pathetic. The public believed hook line and sink that the project was a failure or at best "not what they expected it to be". Sony very easily could have addressed this and even to this day concerning worldwide sales of his l.p.s but they choose not to.

There must be a comprehension problem, willful ignorance, or intentional agenda driven agenda by some of you. I am certainly not going to get into AGAIN how Mottolla operated and why Sony did nothing to stop him. Why do you all deny the facts and insist on lies to defend Sony of all people?!

Wow. Who's side are you on AlwaysThere?! You don't seem to be able to comprehend what did and did not happen and why. One can only be helped so much.

PinkDiamondPrincess I did not say that "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I" got no or little promo. Comprehension problem? I said that he did not get as much as it should have. In particular in the U.S. You understand that Michael would spend a year or two promoting his projects, right? Most of the campaign was done in the first six months for "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I". All of which on the surface is cool and good but since it had sold as much as it had worldwide and Michael continued promoting it for the next year and a half there should have been more songs released as singles and more "short promotional films". If anything the original version of "HIStory" should have had a "short promotional film". Not just a disco dance collage thing. How pathetic. The public believed hook line and sink that the project was a failure or at best "not what they expected it to be". Sony very easily could have addressed this and even to this day concerning worldwide sales of his l.p.s but they choose not to.

There must be a comprehension problem, willful ignorance, or intentional agenda driven agenda by some of you. I am certainly not going to get into AGAIN how Mottolla operated and why Sony did nothing to stop him. Why do you all deny the facts and insist on lies to defend Sony of all people?!

Would you kindly stop being such an ass? Thanks.

^^ Almost totally agree with everything said above.

As I said previously, the media had a penchant for taking anything about Michael and turning it into something negative even if it was anything but. I recall seeing a few articles from 1995 that called the single release of Scream/Childhood a "commercial disappointment" because it didn't hit number one, despite the fact that it had the highest chart-debut in the 37 year history of Billboard (at number five) and sold est. 700k copies in the United States alone.

It makes no sense to suggest that Sony would perpetuate a media storm at Michael in 1995, or that Michael would overlook said negativity entirely and not start an issue with Sony until several years later during the Invincible campaign.

Regarding Michael's complaints about Sony, I have no doubts that some of them were true. I overall feel as though he was exaggerating to prove a point, particularly when he and other fans accused Sony of purposefully under promoting Invincible.

I'm still convinced Sony did more for Invincible at the outset than Michael did!
Ive changed my views a lot on the whole Invincibile fiasco over the past six months or so. I used to feel MJ got a raw deal and most of the fault was on Sony. After reading a lot of fair points yourself and others have made regarding the years spent recording, missing deadlines, and after getting a real behind the scenes perspective from Making Michael and how rediciuols money was just wasted, I believe MJ was every bit as responsible for that whole catastrophe as the label.

PinkDiamondPrincess I did not say that "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I" got no or little promo. Comprehension problem? I said that he did not get as much as it should have. In particular in the U.S. You understand that Michael would spend a year or two promoting his projects, right? Most of the campaign was done in the first six months for "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I". All of which on the surface is cool and good but since it had sold as much as it had worldwide and Michael continued promoting it for the next year and a half there should have been more songs released as singles and more "short promotional films". If anything the original version of "HIStory" should have had a "short promotional film". Not just a disco dance collage thing. How pathetic. The public believed hook line and sink that the project was a failure or at best "not what they expected it to be".Sony very easily could have addressed this and even to this day concerning worldwide sales of his l.p.s but they choose not to.

Nope, it seems to be you that has the comprehension problem.
There are idiots that believe ANY album released post Thriller was a failure/flop because none if them matched or beat Thriller's sales.
Like I said, I am anti-Sony, so you'll never catch me defending them (in fact, If I'm in the mood I'll go against/pick a fight with those that do), but to say that HIStory wasn't promoted enough is a lie that will make you look silly/foolish, and will negate/invalidate the rest of your argument against Sony.
A big ass statue of MJ was floated down the Thames for petes sake.
When it comes to how you feel about Sony I actually agree, but it seems like you just want to start shit with or insult anyone that you can. :/

Last edited:

You're making posts in this thread attacking the intelligence of members who don't believe the information you're giving. Rather than explain yourself or go into explicit detail, you make comments like "fans such as yourself (if that is even true)" and "If you actually bought it instead of stealing these items, you would know this," all of which are uncalled for.

And the most ironic part about it is that most of the information you give is completely wrong.

You've paraded around other threads saying, "Bad25 sold a million copies worldwide!" and pouted towards other members when they gave evidence that it more than likely didn't. You insist that History was under promoted, and then completely backtrack when people point out that it was given solid promotion. You insist that there was little to no wrongdoing on Michael's part towards the campaign for Invincible, then continue to push that incorrect belief even when members here openly acknowledge that Michael undoubtedly had a hand in it.

You state your opinions as fact and then insult those who insist that you're wrong (even when you 100% are).

If you truly believe something is fact, support it with evidence. If anyone questions where a member is getting certain information, more often than not they'll point out a book or a website that contains it, so we can fact check if we're hesitant to believe it. You do not. You tell stories that completely contradict everything else that is known and refuse to back it up (probably because you can't).

giphy.gif

They just changed the Facebook title pic:

442303.jpeg

But reading this post they are just marking the anniversary per se. No announcement.

911472.jpeg

I hope they going to release something! i mean they must know people have hopes when they make such a profile-picture!

I don't expect too much. All I wanted was a documentary about Dangerous.

I think they dont release anything. Too boring! I have all these videos on dvd.

Maybe from today They will countdown 25 days and on November 26 BAM !
They release Dangerous25 !
Hope for new unreleased material....

I'd be really disappointed if they celebrate it with no release. They know how much we're looking forward to this. I'm hopeful, but I don't see them releasing anything with such little time left.

Ok this (to my knowledge) is the original but what's the deal with me seeing 3 Dangerous 25 threads right by each other lol!! one says (Confirmed) one says (Unconfirmed) and this one..

Ok this (to my knowledge) is the original but what's the deal with me seeing 3 Dangerous 25 threads right by each other lol!! one says (Confirmed) one says (Unconfirmed) and this one..

People open thread after thread instead of posting in already existing ones. What a mess.
Yes, this is the original one (see number of pages) hence I posted it in here before others created entirely new threads for no reason.

WTH?!!! Dangerous 25 might actually be happening?!!! For real?!!! :woohoo:

LOL there's quite a few people camped out in this thread - myself included - waiting for the Estate to publish a press release.

IF there was something happening wouldn't we have heard a whisper from someone? We usually do.

Back