Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen? [UNCONFIRMED]

The 92 shows are much better in terms of energy & performance, watch clips of the 92 shows or the amatuer shows available from 92 & there far superior than the 93 shows. Include performances of Jam & Dangerous from 93 as extras. Don't really want a 93 show of MJ not enjoying himself as an offical release.

aazzaabb;4094019 said:
The 92 shows are much better in terms of energy & performance, watch clips of the 92 shows or the amatuer shows available from 92 & there far superior than the 93 shows.

Amateur videos or TV short clips are not the best way to make accurate & fair comparisons.

92 shows are much better than 93 shows, it's really easy say that, in 1993 michael had a such problems, all know that, maybe Bangkok 93 it's ok but not better than 92 shows.

For me, the best shows of 1992 is the first 8 concerts, from Munich to Oslo, i don't like when he take off the way you make me feel and bad from the set list, for me, is broken the show without those two great songs.

octavio001331;4094034 said:
Monza is the best dangerous concert available by far

Bad88;4094074 said:
i don't like when he take off the way you make me feel and bad from the set list, for me, is broken the show without those two great songs.

It is more than obvious how that handheld microphone hindered his dance routines (especially from 4:25 onwards):

[video=youtube;50VOb0l5nwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50VOb0l5nwo[/video]

mj_frenzy;4094080 said:
It is more than obvious how that handheld microphone hindered his dance routines (especially from 4:25 onwards):

[video=youtube;50VOb0l5nwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50VOb0l5nwo[/video]

To me it is not obvious at all that the handheld mic hindered his dance routines. - On the contrary I am very impressed how he is able to dance the routine so perfect with the mic in his hand, I don't even notice it's there really.

Even though it is playback I like the hand held mic the most.

BUT - back on topic...

No news about Dangerous 25 yet.

And if OTW 35 doc is in the making - it seems like D25 will not happen anytime soon right?

I really really hope for a Dangerous doc too. - I suppose there are much more studio footage from Dangerous (1991) than from Off The Wall (1979) - so if Spike Lee also makes the D25 doc - I really hope for much more studio footage.

Imagine seeing MJ record Who Is It, Will You Be There, Gone Too Soon, Heal the World, Give Into Me, Black or White - and the other classics.

Dangerous is his best album and deserves the best anniversary celebration. New doc, new concert - on Blu-Ray - a new double disc anniversary. - Lisa it's your birthday and demos would be nice. - If there are any finished songs from Dangerous I would rather have them released on all new albums than anniversary albums no one but hardcore fans will hear. - But demos of the songs would be nice. And if there are songs so unfinished they can not be released (in the state of People of the world etc.) it would be great as extra material. - Just to get an insight in which material he worked on/with for Dangerous. :)

Bad88;4094074 said:
i don't like when he take off the way you make me feel and bad from the set list, for me, is broken the show without those two great songs.

I think if he was going to remove those, he should have at least replaced them with songs from Dangerous like Who Is It and Give Into Me. This was the Dangerous Tour after all

analogue;4094156 said:
I think if he was going to remove those, he should have at least replaced them with songs from Dangerous like Who Is It and Give Into Me. This was the Dangerous Tour after all

I do not think so.

He would have performed ‘Dangerous’ instead of those two songs (‘Who is it’ or ‘Give in to me’) because not only MJ but also the audience were more familiar with that performance & seemed a “safer” choice.

I think that type of rehearsals footage in the anniversary edition would be really interesting…

michaeljacksonphotosbadtourrehearsalsau2510b.jpg

Last edited:
mj_frenzy;4094063 said:
Amateur videos or TV short clips are not the best way to make accurate & fair comparisons.

Fair point, but from all the footage I've seen I think the 92 shows are just better in terms of MJ's performance. He looks in better shape & seems happy like he's into it. I'll be honest & say I don't really enjoy those 93 shows for obvious reasons, although I do like certain elements like the inclusion of new choreography in Jam, the inclusion of Dangerous (I would have liked Dangerous in the setlist from the beginning) & things like different lighting, costumes etc. Thats why I would like Jam 93 & Dangerous included as extras.

I upload the rest photos of the same day (‘Dangerous Tour’ rehearsals, Munich, Olympiastadion):

dangerous-tour-rehearsals-mj-behind-the-scenes-19283053-309-480.jpg

dangerous-tour-rehearsals-mj-behind-the-scenes-19283046-477-480.jpg

dangerous-tour-rehearsals-mj-behind-the-scenes-19283066-463-287.jpg

dangerous-tour-rehearsals-mj-behind-the-scenes-19283085-243-480.jpg

dangerous-tour-rehearsals-mj-behind-the-scenes-19283048-309-480.jpg

Last edited:
^^ Second one is flipped (mirror-inverted), though.

Here's another one from the Munich rehearsals:

Last edited:
Would love to see the Munich dress rehearsal!! & look how good Mike looks in 92!!

barbee0715;4094276 said:
The rehearsal pix are great and he looks gorgeous here.

For sure! I guess this was before the real workload of gruelling schedule & travel set in also. Just nice to see him looking rested, healthy & full of energy.

I Read that Munich's Concert had a lot of mistakes (for a first concert)

1nn5;4094352 said:
I Read that Munich's Concert had a lot of mistakes (for a first concert)
Yeah, the show contained plenty of mistakes, both technically and musically. The band missed several cues, Michael performed WBSS and Beat It in their original key for the last time and struggled, particularly with the latter, etc.

Of course there are some cool aspects to this show - the fact that it was opening night, that it contains Bad & TWYMMF and that he performed Jam in the black jacket - but I don't think it would be the best representation of the tour. This is the kind of thing that would be perfectly suited for a collectors label (and I would buy it in an instant), but not so much for a general release, in my opinion.

MJ sings live the first verse of ‘Smooth Criminal’ (but his voice is not loud enough probably due to a microphone issue):

[video=youtube;zMYgA0PyTDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMYgA0PyTDE[/video]

I post a video of the ‘Dangerous Tour’ rehearsals in 1993.

MJ rehearsed ‘Workin’ Day & Night’ although he eventually removed that song completely from the second leg:

[video=youtube;5WeVGsT1yGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WeVGsT1yGA[/video]

mj_frenzy;4094365 said:

MJ rehearsed ‘Workin’ Day & Night’ although he eventually removed that song completely from the second leg:

Utter madness, but with all he had going on at the time, he just didn't have the energy to donate for performing this. This song to me was the heart of the Dangerous tour. Such a shame it had to be dropped, along with Beat It. 3rd leg shows just seem like incomplete bootlegs. Then again, He dropped Dirty Diana towards the end of the Bad Tour!

SoCav;4094356 said:
Yeah, the show contained plenty of mistakes, both technically and musically. The band missed several cues, Michael performed WBSS and Beat It in their original key for the last time and struggled, particularly with the latter, etc.

Of course there are some cool aspects to this show - the fact that it was opening night, that it contains Bad & TWYMMF and that he performed Jam in the black jacket - but I don't think it would be the best representation of the tour. This is the kind of thing that would be perfectly suited for a collectors label (and I would buy it in an instant), but not so much for a general release, in my opinion.

I found that in a website for Smooth Criminal performance
The next song was “Smooth Criminal”, which is always a highlight of the show. This performance was FULL of mistakes and even the legendary David Williams made a mistake! Let’s take a look at a few points! Firstly, Michael sang the first verse of this song live (he didn’t do this again on the tour), and the Microphone was way too quiet, so you couldn’t hear anything. The most glaring musical mistake of this song was the guitar solo after the lean came in way way too early. Michael’s guitarist, David Williams, came in a full four bars early – obviously this never happened again. After the Smooth Criminal lean the entry into the climax of the song was extremely weak in the sense that horns/keyboards during the “Robotics dance” (after the lean) failed to be played and sounded, when they eventually did come in, too weak, not a lot of attack and just a few notes to indicate that the drop was coming – it sounded like the band didn’t know what was coming next. The same happened just before the moonwalk toward the end of the song – the attack of the keyboards was very weak …. finally to end the song, the explosives suit jackets of the dancers failed and came in very very late. These things happen in a live show, and would never happen again on the tour.

mj_frenzy;4094365 said:

[video=youtube;5WeVGsT1yGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WeVGsT1yGA[/video]

Working day and night is the hardest song to perform. Michael physically wasn't in Top in 1993 Leg.

Michael sang every song live at the Munich rehearsal (I believe) just listen to the amateur audio we have, and his voice sounds fantastic!! Would love a separate audio/visual release for 'Dangerous Tour: In The Making' with the 1992/1993 rehearsals, on tour moments, behind the scenes, hospital visits etc.

Zakk;4094403 said:
Michael sang every song live at the Munich rehearsal (I believe) just listen to the amateur audio we have, and his voice sounds fantastic!! Would love a separate audio/visual release for 'Dangerous Tour: In The Making' with the 1992/1993 rehearsals, on tour moments, behind the scenes, hospital visits etc.

Zakk where can i find Munich rehearsal audio?
Is it available here?

Zakk;4094403 said:

You're lying. You must be... WILL YOU BE THERE WITH LIVE VOCALS?!?! THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

Doggone;4094423 said:
You're lying. You must be... WILL YOU BE THERE WITH LIVE VOCALS?!?! THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

If I remember correctly Munich was not all live vocals but it definitely had some odd live vocals like in jam, Smooth Criminal, WYBT, Bow,

innuendo141;4094367 said:
Utter madness, but with all he had going on at the time, he just didn't have the energy to donate for performing this. This song to me was the heart of the Dangerous tour. Such a shame it had to be dropped, along with Beat It. 3rd leg shows just seem like incomplete bootlegs. Then again, He dropped Dirty Diana towards the end of the Bad Tour!

MJ seemed to really enjoy performing ‘Workin’ Day & Night’.

Zakk;4094403 said:

That’s why, I think the ‘Munich’ rehearsals footage is (by far) more interesting than the concert itself.

Themidwestcowboy;4094431 said:
If I remember correctly Munich was not all live vocals but it definitely had some odd live vocals like in jam, Smooth Criminal, WYBT, Bow,

Not only had ‘Munich’ concert some (odd) live vocals but also it had a lot of technical problems.

It was the first concert & they were still experimenting on many things. On this account, I think that the ‘Munich’ concert is rather unlikely to get an official release.

[video=youtube;852nnrXqnQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=852nnrXqnQA[/video]

Is this the Munich concert you guys are talking about?
Because it seems that Will You Be There is being lip synced

Why do the MJ fan community hate OTW and Thriller era? This was MJ at his best.

Back