Dangerous 25th anniversary month long celebration thread.

WHO said this, when, and where do you or anyone get this information?!

Do we really have to dwell on this argument anymore? I know I'm like the king of that, but nonetheless...

The album has only two certifications - Gold in both Japan (100k units) and Poland (10k units). This was not a mistake - all albums and packages are continually monitored and certified when they break a certain threshold.

For example, Thriller was certified 32x Platinum in February after 34 years without promotion.

Sales needed to reach Gold status:
United States: 500,000
United Kingdom: 100,000
Australia: 35,000
Philippines: 7,500
Mexico: 30,000
Japan: 100,000
Germany: 100,000
Poland: 10,000
Italy: 25,000
Sweden: 20,000

This means that the album only sold enough to be certified in two countries. Keeping in mind how small the threshold is in certain countries (particularly Australia, Poland, Italy, Swedien + the Philippines), it's clear that the package did not sell well there.

It's unknown how many copies it did sell either individually by country or in total, but considering the massive week-by-week drop off in the United Kingdom (11,475 week 1/3,365 week 2) and Japan (190,753 week 1/5,307 week 2), it's safe to assume it didn't do too well elsewhere.

Not to mention that had Bad25 sold one million copies worldwide at any point, the estate certainly would have said something in a statement, as they did when Xscape was a massive success.

There. Now can we drop it?

No way dude or dudette! The wonderful world of Wikipedia.com (which is like TOTALLY reliable) said it DID sell one million copies worldwide! Hooo! (The sales are probably total over the years since then so that's why it is misleading.) Of course I PERSONALLY have no idea how much it would have to sell for whatever reasoning. So who really knows? There should be news if "Bad 25" did not do well enough so all other projects are to be cancelled and they lost their contract with Sony, eh! OTHERWISE I understand what you are saying and agree.

I want to comment about Wikipedia.. a generalist comment. It has came a long way and Is more reliable than before.. Would I say trust everything.. noooo! but for a large part is much more accurate than it used to be.. a lot more checked and protected..

This is not a comment about a specific thing mentioned here.

I want to comment about Wikipedia.. a generalist comment. It has came a long way and Is more reliable than before.. Would I say trust everything.. noooo! but for a large part is much more accurate than it used to be.. a lot more checked and protected..

This is not a comment about a specific thing mentioned here.

Agreed, it's a good starting point but check the sources and the validity of those sources.

No way dude or dudette! The wonderful world of Wikipedia.com (which is like TOTALLY reliable) said it DID sell one million copies worldwide! Hooo!

It didn't have a source with it though, and you wanna know why? (Hint: It's because whoever wrote it was lying).

Lol. Cool. Then I don't know. But who does? Dude I'm fighting for Michael Jackson to kick arse. That's all. There's no way I'm give up on kick arse product. It ain't that Bad you know. It's (oh, god) Dangerous. Oh, it just rolled out like that...

So has anyone actually bought anything Dangerous 25 related yet....

So has anyone actually bought anything Dangerous 25 related yet....

No. And I will not be doing so either...

T-shirts are truely ugly. - The hood, not perfect, but expensive.

Only products I would buy would be something new - either Blu-Ray(or DVD) of a concert - the short films om Blu-Ray or a D25 cd with something new.

CD's, DVD's and Blu-Rays - I would buy in a heartbeat. - Merchandise - I think I am too old for that by now. I had sooo many t-shirts, I never used them, and now I have just thrown them all out...

No. And I will not be doing so either...

T-shirts are truely ugly. - The hood, not perfect, but expensive.

I'd be shocked if anyone bought one of those T-shirts.... Other than a collector, but even still....

I just bought the Dangerous album logo black tee lol.....not gonna judge the quality until I see it in person. If its decent quality, I'll then buy the HTW tee and the hoodie lmao.

Who in the hell is saying that "Bad 25" did not "sell enough"?! I know people like to repeat that a bunch like a bunch of parrots but that does not make it so! Even if it did that does not mean that "Dangerous 25" in a physical form could not happen!

Had BAD25 been a great success regarding sales we would obviously had a DANGEROUS25 on its way.....after all its all about the money for Sony.
I wish something would happen regarding new MJ recordings though.

I'm sorry but for someone behind MJ's music saying it did not sell enough has a good outlook to me... That shows me they know Michaels music can bring more attention and has much more potential.. That is how Michael thought of his own music so why would I want anyone working with his music to think any less? If I were behind the ship anyone that appeared complacent with the thought of how his 2009-2016 music has sold they would be taken off further projects..

What the Estate need to do is LEAVE SONY and go independent like Elvis has done and they release all sorts of archive stuff all of the time!!!

^ I mean maybe that's what it is... who knows, maybe they are trying to do as little with them while keeping with agreements and do other projects after.. We will see though!

The Estate needs to take a few years off. And then when they return, they need to take their sweet time between releases to ensure that they're up to par.

I'd rather wait three years for a great project then get a mediocre one every year.

p_y_t__girls__dangerous_25_by_prince_of_pop-dao1kg4.jpg

P.Y.T. Girls Paula Simmons, Jenna Ryder, Anya Fedorov and Kayla Viscom's dedicated tribute to Dangerous 25.

If they could release a HD concert of the Dangerous Tour that would be awesome.

Michael had more energy in the earlier concerts so I'd prefer one of those releases.

But at the very least, remaster the existing DVD's i.e. Dangerous Short Films for Blu Ray.

The biggest problem with the estate is that they were too focused about making money and over-saturating the market with lacklustre releases.

They never bothered to connect with fans. Fans don't want poor edits of songs (Michael (so over-edited, some still cannot confirm if it is Michael's voice), Xscape), or remixes (Bad 25). And a lot of people were put off by that hologram.

"Behind The Mask" could of become a massive hit if the release was handled properly. They should of spent more time and money on marketing and (more importantly) a memorable music video.

A tweet from the official MJ Twitter account.

Michael Jackson – Verified account ‏@michaeljackson

Starting tomorrow, Musical.ly will be joining in on the #Dangerous25 celebration with a special “Black or White” event! Download the app!
9:30 AM - 10 Nov 2016

Last edited:
Hey guys, does anyone have photos of the original sketches done by Mark Ryden for the Dangerous album? I've found one but I remember there were a couple floating around a few years ago..

image.jpg

Hey guys, does anyone have photos of the original sketches done by Mark Ryden for the Dangerous album? I've found one but I remember there were a couple floating around a few years ago..

image.jpg

Wow, never seen this before!! Thanks for sharing.?

image.jpg

Thanks for posting this!

I've never seen this before, but I actually really like it.

Hmph. Whey are they celebrating a month early if they are not planning to do a physical release? Hmmmm?! SUSPICIOUS behaviooooor!

Back