Darren hayes GLORIOUS (mj blog)

DARKLIGHTDAN

Proud Member
It's no secret I'm a Michael Jackson fan. *Many people know that he was a huge inspiration to me growing up. Many also know that part of my connection to the song 'Black Out The Sun' is that, although I didn't write the song about M.J - I recorded it the day he passed away and I hear that emotion in the vocal every time I listen to it. *What not many people know is that I did write a song about Michael after he died. *It's called Glorious and it's a bonus track on the special and collector's editions of the new album.
Given that the news is presently focused on the darker side of his passing - I thought I'd publish the lyrics to the song I wrote in celebration of the light he brought to my life. *Here are the lyrics to Glorious.
Glorious*
You will never get older and you will never feel pain
Or fill the room with laughter like you used to
And I won't hear you speaking or others call your name
In spite of this the world will still continue
And you will always remain in my heart forever young
Sun and wind won't change you and you'll escape the hands of time
And now your beauty won't betray you and your future's paved with gold
But in my mind you are suspended and you will be forever young
I'm a little bit hopeful that we all carry on
But part of me still thinks we're all just stardust*
And from the highest mountain I went to make a sound
I thought that if I called out you would answer
But no one did
But in my mind you are suspended and you will be forever young
I know the rules of the game
For every sunset the light has to fade
But baby a light like yours was so glorious
Glorious
R.I.P M.J

The song is on an up coming release of Darrens 'secret codes & battleships' the song will be available on 17th UK, and 21st everywhere else

Can you post a link to his blog?

What a beautiful song. It helps to read these lyrics about MJ, while so many are trying to soil his memory

Beautiful words from Darren. As poetic as they are, i don't agree with these though

That is said of all people who pass on too young, but i would have much preferred Michael to live out a long and beautiful life. He should have lived to see his babies all grown up with kids of their own. He really should have...The rest of his life should have been filled with true love and peace, two treasures that escaped him for so long.

He was young at heart and he certainly looked well beneath his physical age. I'm convinced time would have treated his beauty very kindly and she wouldn't have betrayed him even if his hair might have gone to a noble shade of gray or some lines might have adorned his gorgeous face.

It's comforting to think he has been released of all the pain he suffered in life by being now in eternal peace and bliss, but i still think he should have had those WHILE on earth, as well as the long overdue and deserved respect and admiration he is now shown by many.

Just because i disagree a bit with his words, which i'm convinced will be put to a gorgeous melody, Darren is a brilliant musician, both as a solo artist and within the Savage Garden duo.

Michael's influence on Insatiable is obvious. It remains one of my favorite songs of all time. "I fall asleep inside of you" is one helluva lyric. Truly, madly, deeply (with its gorgeous Montmarte setting for the video, the lovely lyrics and its haunting melody) and I knew i loved you are also two of my favorite love songs everrr. What was it?

We're surrounded
By the comfort and protection of..
The highest power.
In lonely hours.
The tears devour you..

I think i dreamed you into life

Now those are glorious as well, are they not?

Such beautiful lyrics... I can't wait to hear this song!!! I've loved Darren's work since the day I heard "To The Moon And Back" and I've always respected his love and dedication to Michael, he is a true fan =)

Can't wait to see him again on the 19th.. I wonder if he'll sing this song :wub:

Beautiful :') Can't wait to hear the song! I wish I could see Darren perform again.. It's been a long time since. He's a nice guy and I adore many songs by Savage Garden and Darren; Insatiable, Strange Relationship, You Can Still Be Free, the Animal Song etc. etc.

If I could've chosen one song for MJ to cover, it would've been Insatiable without a doubt. I can picture Michael singing it, I can hear his voice in my head. Darren's vocals are incredible on that song, but Michael would've made it out of this world.

Here's a review of the song that @TabloidJunk from twitter did. http://youtu.be/Dy8bFVAJ9_A

I am seeing Darren Hayes live in about a fortnight, and am praying he sings this song. The song is now available for purchase (the limited edition version of Secret Codes and Battleships) on Australian iTunes.

Darren Hayes is such a sweetheart. I remember back when I was in primary school, my friend used to boast that she lived down the road from Savage Garden over in Logan, haha! I think she actually did, but at that point they were out touring so I don't think she saw them much!

Back