DC Loves MJ -Tribute to Michael June 26, 2010

GenieBottle

Proud Member
Hello everybody!!!

I would like to let all Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia fans know about a Tribute to our beloved Michael taking place in our nations capital. It will be held on October 17, 2010 at Freedom Plaza which is minutes walk from the White House. So we are in the heart of DC. Our group is under the name DC Loves MJ.

My hope is that we become like a fan community/club and do events and gatherings in the future, but for now our first event is this tribute.

The idea for this tribute sprang from the lack of tributes seemingly in the DC area. Notably flash mobs and such, which I have not yet seen one or heard of one in the Metro area...so my friends and I though well, lets just make a tribute ourselves! I know there are plenty of MJ fans in DC and the surrounding area it's just time we come out and throw it down for the world to see!!

There will be dancing and music performances.

You can join our facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=110293055668895

There will be updates on the facebook page and if you would like more info or would like to be apart of the tribute please PM me for more information.
DATE CHANGE...Again:

There has been a date change for the tribute to Michael. This is now a HALLOWEEN DANCE TRIBUTE! Due to lack of time to plan everything we want to have in the tribute and conflicting events, we decided it best to change the date. Everything else about the tribute remains the same. I hope everyone who planned to come on August 7 is able to come on October 17, sorry if this has caused any inconvenience. Thanks.

It's all for L.O.V.E

Last edited:
thanks for posting!! I live about 45 - an hour away from DC. I should come dressed up as Dangerous Era Michael lol

btw is it something I need to purchase tickets for? and if so, how much are they?

Last edited:
thanks for posting!! I live about 45 - an hour away from DC. I should come dressed up as Dangerous Era Michael lol

btw is it something I need to purchase tickets for? and if so, how much are they?

LOL!! Hey you should def come! I was thinking about doing the gold leotard myself lol...but you can do it!

No worries it is totally free because it is a public space,

Let your MJ friends know its gonna be great!

would love to meet

LOL!! Hey you should def come! I was thinking about doing the gold leotard myself lol...but you can do it!

No worries it is totally free because it is a public space,

Let your MJ friends know its gonna be great!

yea! Ok I might go as a birthday present (bday june 08) I might go I would really love to meet some of the members here!! I know alot of fans from here, will be flying in from different areas!! I would love to meet the members!! I live about an hour away from DC

Re: would love to meet

yea! Ok I might go as a birthday present (bday june 08) I might go I would really love to meet some of the members here!! I know alot of fans from here, will be flying in from different areas!! I would love to meet the members!! I live about an hour away from DC

Hey! just to let you know the date has changed to August 7. It will be in DC at freedom plaza. I just hope you haven't made any set arrangements yet or your friends and can't change. So just a heads up. I hope we can see you on Aug. 7 :)

dammit I dont know about Aug 7 is that a Sat? Maybe sure... Dammit I was hoping for a Michael Jackson Birthday Fiasco! lol. Thanks so much for letting me know about the date change.

Can someone please give me some info as to where it will be held? Do I need to bring my own food / water?? Etc....

what time does it start!? ....If anyone lives around Stafford & or DC then I will ride in the car with you! I dont think my mother would want to go.....let me know ASAP

xtiffxanyx@gmail.com

Last edited:
DATE CHANGE...Again:

There has been a date change for the tribute to Michael. This is now a HALLOWEEN DANCE TRIBUTE! Due to lack of time to plan everything and conflicting events, we decided it best to change the date. Everything else about the tribute remains the same. I hope everyone who planned to come on August 7 is able to come on October 17, 2010 from 3-7pm, sorry if this has caused any inconvenience. Thanks.

It's all for L.O.V.E

Shucks I'm sorry I missed this. If there's another event in the DC, MD, VA area I'd love to go!

Back