Did Kelly Clarkson Plagarize Beyonce?

Agent M

Proud Member
Apparently, according to an interview she did on Canadian radio this past weekend, Kelly fought once again with her label over "Already Gone," a song she co-wrote with OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder (the Midas-touched man behind such radio smashes as Leona Lewis's "Bleeding Love," Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield," Jennifer Lopez's "Do It Well," and Natasha Bedingfield's "Love Like This," among other hits). She told Canada's CBC that she battled to keep the ballad from being included on All I Ever Wanted after she realized it bore an uncanny resemblance to Beyonce's "Halo"--a song that, perhaps not coincidentally, was also written by Ryan Tedder.

http://new.ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs...ver-wanted/;_ylt=AtI6BrYjFTsdL3HzIZmhcoHq2iUv

No, Kelly didn't plagiarize anyone. If anything Ryan Tedder plagiarized himself since he both wrote and produced the songs for Beyonce and Kelly. Kelly has complained about the similarity of the songs upon hearing Beyonce's "Halo" by saying that the backing track is identical to which Ryan Tedder denies. He claims Kelly's "Already Gone" is the best song he's written and that the tracks share zero resemblance.

He claims Kelly's "Already Gone" is the best song he's written and that the tracks share zero resemblance.

It's hard to believe that he can be blind to the resemblance between the beginning of both songs... :mello:

^^^exactly. the chord progression sounds almost exactly the same :mello: How he can say there's no similarity is beyond me.
It's not Kelly's fault, especially if the song was completed before "Halo" came out and the fact that she had issues with the similarities shows that plagerism is not the case in this situation.

Wendy Williams of the Wendy William show said that the guy gave both Kelly and Beyonce the track and told them to do what they wanted but he didn't tell them that he had given the song to both of them so Beyonce and Kelly didn't know that they both had the song.

Which song do you guys like better? It seems as if a lot of people like Kelly's song.. but I think I prefer Beyonce's...although they're both good. Maybe this is affected by the fact that I've heard Beyonce's one first and have heard it so many times that I can't listen to Kelly's version without thinking of that one..

Back